|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Ten through Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprise does Rainbow have for Blue Bird in Chapter 5, concerning their trip?
(a) The secluded spot he has chosen to camp.
(b) His parents are chaperoning them.
(c) He is taking her out of the country.
(d) He is not going on the trip.
2. Where does Blue Bird spend the night after Waterlily is born?
(a) In her husband's bed.
(b) In the midst of the growing water lilies.
(c) With her cousin.
(d) In a hammock by the river.
3. What is Waterlily starting to understand as she grows into an adult?
(a) How to cook properly.
(b) Her role as a slave to the men of the tribe.
(c) The burden she has put on her mother.
(d) The significance of Dakota traditions and her place in them.
4. What state does Gloku find Waterlily in when she returns to her tipi in Chapter 8?
(a) A hallucinogenic trance.
(b) She is lying on the floor of the tipi very still.
(c) She has gone insane.
(d) She is extremely hyper.
5. What is the name of Blue Bird's third child?
(a) White Horse.
(b) Smiling One.
(d) Bird Song.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rainbow hear while sitting around the campfire on the hunting trip in Chapter 9?
2. Who comes to visit each of the families in the camp circle during the winter?
3. While thankful for the help of her sister-in-laws, what is Blue Bird careful to avoid doing?
4. What is Little Chief given after one of his first training sessions?
5. What can anyone question during the event Waterlily's cousin holds?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)