|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Thirteen through Fifteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to visit each of the families in the camp circle during the winter?
(a) The white buffalo.
(b) A United States soldier.
(c) Woyaka, a famed storyteller.
(d) Several ghosts.
2. What does Sacred Horse's friend suggest he do about the problems with Waterlily in Chapter 15?
(a) Divorce her.
(b) Move back among her people.
(c) Teach her his language.
(d) Kill her.
3. In Chapter 8, what is six-year-old Waterlily left to do while her grandmother goes out for the day?
(a) Clean the tipi.
(b) Chop the firewood for the night.
(c) Hunt that night's dinner.
(d) Care for her blind grandfather.
4. What does Blue Bird's grandmother spend her days doing once they return to their family's camp circle?
(a) Yelling at Blue Bird.
(b) Going from tipi to tipi to visit old friends.
(c) Talking to the chief.
(d) Sewing clothes for Waterlily.
5. What does Rainbow find in the bushes when he investigates in Chapter 9?
(a) A rabid coyote.
(b) A dead Indian.
(c) Waterlily and Little Chief.
(d) A bag of gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the camp stop on the way to their winter location at the start of Chapter 5?
2. Who comes to tell stories while Waterlily is at Red Leaf's family's tipi in Chapter 15?
3. What is the significance of the two horses Black Eagle has for the ghostkeeping in Chapter 13?
4. What will Waterlily do at any festival in the future to let people know how her father felt about her?
5. What is the name of Blue Bird's third child?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)