|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Thirteen through Fifteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the most common traditions of the Dakota as seen in this novel?
(a) Slaughtering other tribes.
(b) Slandering each other.
(c) Gift giving.
(d) Not being prepared for the winter.
2. How does Gloku treat Waterlily compared to her biological grandchildren?
(a) She teaches them to make fun of Waterlily.
(b) No different at all.
(c) Much better than her biological grandchildren.
(d) She excludes Waterlily as much as possible.
3. Now that Little Chief is getting older, who is he spending most of his time with?
(a) Blue Bird and Gloku.
(b) A musical choir passing through.
(c) The older boys in the camp.
4. What does Waterlily find outside the tipi that she begins to eat in Chapter 8?
(a) A bushel of corn.
(b) A wild mushroom.
(c) A basket of apples.
(d) A pemmican cake.
5. What name does Rainbow give Blue Bird's new baby?
(a) Water Horse.
(d) Stallion Breath.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Little Chief come to Blue Bird's tipi to do in Chapter 4?
2. What does Woyaka believe the buffalo are to the Dakota?
3. What is Little Chief given after one of his first training sessions?
4. Who does Blue Bird's sister-in-laws' loyalty belong to ultimately?
5. What does Blue Bird's grandmother spend her days doing once they return to their family's camp circle?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)