|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary doing at the windmill when Tom finds her?
(a) She is sleeping with Dick.
(b) She is cutting herself with a razor blade.
(c) She is talking to the wind as if it were a person.
(d) She jumps so she falls on her stomach to kill her unborn child.
2. How long does Harry Crick have to wait until he is rescued?
(a) A week.
(b) Three days and nights.
(c) A night and a day.
(d) Not even ten minutes.
3. What important phrase does Tom shout to Price just before they part?
(a) All I told you was lies!
(b) Don't become like I am!
(c) Don't forget me!
(d) Don't let them do it!
4. What does Tom call the students?
(c) The future of the world.
(d) Brothers and sisters.
5. What is the historical fact that Tom says "history scarcely finds time to mention"?
(a) That Marie Antoinette never said the phrase, "let them eat cake."
(b) That on the eve of the French Revolution Louis XVI mourned his firstborn.
(c) That 55,000 German civilians died in the fire bombing Hamburg by the Allies.
(d) That King Arthur was not English at all, but rather Welsh.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Harry Crick recovers from his ordeal, whom does Mary remind him of?
2. How does Harry Crick find out that his son Dick is in love with Mary?
3. Price tells Tom Crick of his nightmare about:
4. Tom tells us that as a young teenager Mary liked to "experiment" with boys. Whom does he NOT suspect her of sleeping with?
5. Tom confronts Price about his frequent interruptions during class. What question does Price's reluctance about history boil down to?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)