|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What's the "old, old feeling" that Tom Crick tells Price everybody has always felt?
(a) That everything might amount to nothing.
(b) That nobody really understand anyone.
(c) That life must have meaning.
(d) That maybe there is no God.
2. The effects of Ernest's special ale caused all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) The premature setting off of the evening's fireworks.
(b) The mass desertion of the army troops stationed in the town to the taverns.
(c) The near-collision of two pleasure boats whose steersmen had drunk too much.
(d) Wild improvisations by the marching band.
3. What causes the soldiers at the 1915 Royal Cambrideshire Militia parade to stumble out of formation?
(a) Helen Atkinson's beauty.
(b) Drinking Coronation Ale.
(c) Heckling by Ernest Atkinson.
(d) The sound of a beer barge foghorn.
4. What is the mother's reaction to the Cricks when they return the baby?
(a) She shouts for the police to arrest them.
(b) She ignores them and only has eyes for the baby.
(c) She assaults Mary and tries to scratch her eyes out.
(d) She pretends that the baby isn't hers.
5. Instead of living up to their ideals of freedom, brotherhood, and equality, Tom says the French revolutionaries turned straight to what?
(a) Napoleon and his promises of glory and Empire.
(b) The radical capitalism of Adam Smith.
(c) Destroying their own civilization.
(d) Mob rule and mass murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dick's reaction to the revelation about his birth?
2. Tom confronts Price about his frequent interruptions during class. What question does Price's reluctance about history boil down to?
3. Price tells Tom Crick of his nightmare about:
4. Which of the following does NOT draw Mary and Tom closer together?
5. What convinced Tom Crick that he should study and teach history?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)