|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the worst thing Tom Crick can imagine?
(a) Nuclear weapons destroy the earth.
(b) Humans stop being curious.
(c) Mary stops loving him.
(d) Humans forget their own history.
2. What to Tom and Mary ask Martha to help them with?
(a) Finding a key to Dick's chest.
(b) An abortion for Mary.
(c) Poison for Dick.
(d) A way to save Mary's baby.
3. While Harry Crick recovers from his ordeal, whom does Mary remind him of?
(a) His wife, Helen Atkinson.
(b) Sarah Atkinson.
(c) The Virgin Mary.
(d) Florence Nightingale.
4. What is the historical fact that Tom says "history scarcely finds time to mention"?
(a) That 55,000 German civilians died in the fire bombing Hamburg by the Allies.
(b) That Marie Antoinette never said the phrase, "let them eat cake."
(c) That on the eve of the French Revolution Louis XVI mourned his firstborn.
(d) That King Arthur was not English at all, but rather Welsh.
5. What is the agreement between Helen and Ernest Atkinson in exchange for Ernest allowing Helen to marry Harry Crick?
(a) That Helen will find a way to assuage Sarah Atkinson's ghost.
(b) That Helen will have Ernest's child.
(c) That Helen will help Ernest commit suicide.
(d) That Helen will become a nurse at the Kessling Hall asylum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom thinks that people who focus on ideals like the Declaration of the Rights of Man instead of the details of the French Revolution forget what important fact?
2. What does Mary stare at all day at the mental hospital?
3. What does Dick do when he finds the bottle?
4. Where does Tom Crick take Price to talk about Tom's forced retirement?
5. Which one of the following is NOT one of the ghosts that is said to haunt the marches along the River Leem?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)