|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the way out everybody in Price's nightmare uses except for Price?
(a) Turning themselves into more black dogs.
(b) Suicide pills.
(c) Covering their ears.
(d) The classroom window.
2. What mesmerized King Canute as he was rowed past Ely?
(a) The sound of the sea breeze as it rushed through the reeds.
(b) The chanting of the monks at the Ely monastery.
(c) The singing of the swans in the fens.
(d) The beauty of the girls washing laundry near the riverbank.
3. What is it that Tom decides he must find at all cost?
(a) A full bottle of Coronation Ale.
(b) His grandfather's diary.
(c) A key to his mother's chest in the attic.
(d) A way to expose Dick as Freddie's murderer.
4. What is the historical event that Tom Crick keeps returning to over and over again as he explains that history seems to move in a circle?
(a) The French Revolution of 1789.
(b) The Sarajevo Assassination of 1914.
(c) The Fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989.
(d) The Norman Invasion of 1066.
5. Who turns out to be Ernest's other child?
(a) Mary Metcalf.
(b) Freddie Parr.
(c) Dick Crick.
(d) Tom Crick.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tom react to Mary's statement that "everything has changed" with Freddie's death.
2. What is the name of the Cricks' doctor?
3. Which of the following is NOT a theory that biologists have put forward about how eels reproduce?
4. Henry Crick, Tom's father, is obsessed with one question about Freddie's death that he repeats over and over again. What is it?
5. Who hunted in Greenwich Park, where Tom and Mary sit in the evenings with their dog?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)