|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What World War I battle was Tom's father injured in and saw his brother killed in earlier in the day?
2. Tom Crick compares the end of a person's life to...
(a) A second childhood.
(b) A jungle of tangled memories.
(c) A creeping darkness.
(d) Drowning in a sea of regrets.
3. When Harry Crick hears that Mary told her father that Tom is the father of her aborted child, what does he tell Tom they should do?
(a) Repent and confess to a priest.
(b) Never mention it again.
(c) Get married.
(d) Stay away from each other.
4. What does Tom think is a superstition people believed in "once upon a time"?
(a) The end of the world.
(b) The goodness of human kind.
(c) That history matters.
5. Why does Harry Crick abandon his cottage by the Atkinson lock?
(a) He moves to a retirement home near Tom.
(b) The River Leem floods and destroys it.
(c) He takes a job in Gildsey as a janitor.
(d) He sees the ghost of Sarah Atkinson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom compare his father to as every day he sees him trudge back and forth along the canal?
2. During the festivities for the newly crowned King George V, the New Atkinson Brewery is destroyed. How?
3. How long does Harry Crick have to wait until he is rescued?
4. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the question humans must always ask about history?
5. Who buys a large house in Gildsey for the newly married Tom and Mary?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)