|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freddie Parr's father Jack react to the ruling by the court that Freddie's death was an accident?
(a) He goes to sit on the train tracks to commit suicide, but no train appears.
(b) He has a heart attack in the court room and dies on the spot.
(c) He curses the judge and accuses Tom Crick of killing Freddie.
(d) He walks out of the court room and is never seen again.
2. What World War I battle was Tom's father injured in and saw his brother killed in earlier in the day?
3. What does Tom think is a superstition people believed in "once upon a time"?
(b) The end of the world.
(c) The goodness of human kind.
(d) That history matters.
4. Henry Crick, Tom's father, is obsessed with one question about Freddie's death that he repeats over and over again. What is it?
(a) Could he have saved Freddie?
(b) How did Freddie die?
(c) Who killed Freddie?
(d) Why did Freddie have to die?
5. How long does Harry Crick have to wait until he is rescued?
(a) Not even ten minutes.
(b) Three days and nights.
(c) A night and a day.
(d) A week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary doing at the windmill when Tom finds her?
2. What does Tom call the students?
3. Who does Tom Crick think his wife Mary is having a love affair with in her old age?
4. What is the name of the student Tom Crick butts heads with the most?
5. How did Mary's father Harold Metcalf treat Tom's father Harry?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)