|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary fail to explain to Dick properly, with terrible consequences?
(a) That she is truly in love with Tom.
(b) That she is truly in love with Freddie.
(c) How children are actually made.
(d) That she is truly in love with Dick.
2. Which one of the following is NOT one of the ghosts that is said to haunt the marches along the River Leem?
(a) The Monk of Sudchurch.
(b) The Grim Hound of Gargoyle Hall.
(c) The Headless Ferryman of Staithe.
(d) The Singing Swans of Wash Fen Mere.
3. What is the reason Mary gives Tom for trying to seduce Dick in chapter 32?
(a) Her desire to make Dick feel less lonely.
(b) Her curiosity.
(c) Her fear of Dick's anger.
(d) Her wish to make Tom jealous.
4. What is the catastrophe that hits Europe in January 1937?
(a) A flu epidemic.
(b) Word War II begins.
(c) A record cold winter.
(d) A series of catastrophic floods.
5. What does Tom compare the execution of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette to?
(a) Mary's abortion.
(b) A circus attraction.
(c) A puppet show.
(d) Plucking a chicken.
Short Answer Questions
1. What's the "old, old feeling" that Tom Crick tells Price everybody has always felt?
2. On the day that Freddie Parr was found dead in the river, Mary confesses what to Tom?
3. When Harry Crick hears that Mary told her father that Tom is the father of her aborted child, what does he tell Tom they should do?
4. What is the name of the student club that Price is part of?
5. Where did the stuffed pike come from?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)