|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Tom Crick quote as saying, "we cannot step into the same river twice?"
(b) Dionysius the Areopagite.
(c) Heraclitus of Ephesus.
2. What is the term Tom Crick keeps using to refer to Mary's attitude towards the world when she was an adolescent?
3. Where does Price accompany Tom before they part?
(a) The gates of the school.
(b) All the way home.
(c) The bus stop.
(d) The taxi stand.
4. What is the name of the supermarket that Mary stole the baby from?
5. Tom Crick mentions a similarity his father found between his home and the battlefields of World War I. What is that similarity?
(a) The pretty girls in the town were disdainful of him.
(b) The men were silent and preferred to keep to themselves.
(c) The army served the same ale the Atkinsons brewed in Gildsey.
(d) The mud felt the same and eels swam in the pools.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Tom and Mary hope will happen as they drive back to the supermarket to return the child?
2. What gives the Atkinsons the decisive advantage over the other brewers in the Gildsey area?
3. What does Dick do when he finds the bottle?
4. Tom confronts Price about his frequent interruptions during class. What question does Price's reluctance about history boil down to?
5. The effects of Ernest's special ale caused all of the following EXCEPT:
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)