|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Price tells Tom Crick of his nightmare about:
(a) A wailing woman in a supermarket.
(b) A nuclear holocaust.
(c) Tom Crick dying on the last day of class.
(d) A black dog outside his window.
2. What does Dick do when he finds the bottle?
(a) He hides it in a wooden chest with a lock in the attic.
(b) He threatens Tom not to tell anyone about it or he will hurt Tom.
(c) He screams and later says he saw Sarah Atkinson's ghost.
(d) He ties it to the handle of his motorbike with a piece of string.
3. Why does his most outspoken student reject Tom Crick's attempt to teach the class history?
(a) He thinks Tom is lying to the class.
(b) He thinks history is imaginary and doesn't matter.
(c) He thinks Tom is senile.
(d) He hates school in general, and Tom is easy to pick on.
4. What is NOT one of the emblems of by-gone years that Tom includes in his list of memories he wants Mary to recall?
(a) Fireworks over the Fens.
(b) Two crossed ears of barley on ships' bows.
(c) Fairy tales.
(d) Steam trains.
5. What does Mary tell Tom about the unborn child at the windmill?
(a) That the child is Dick's after all.
(b) That the child his her father's.
(c) That the child is Freddie Parr's.
(d) That the child has been dead for weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the agreement between Helen and Ernest Atkinson in exchange for Ernest allowing Helen to marry Harry Crick?
2. What does Ernest Atkinson, Tom's grandfather, do that marks the beginning of a long list of scandalous behavior?
3. Why does Tom Crick apologize to Price outside the pub?
4. Which of the boys' bodies does Mary appear to be most interested in?
5. What is the catastrophe that hits Europe in January 1937?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)