|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What's the "old, old feeling" that Tom Crick tells Price everybody has always felt?
(a) That life must have meaning.
(b) That nobody really understand anyone.
(c) That maybe there is no God.
(d) That everything might amount to nothing.
2. What did Johannes Schmidt conclude about the difference between the European eel and the American eel?
(a) The European eel has far more offspring.
(b) The American eel has a shorter lifespan.
(c) The American eel eats its young, whereas the European eel does not.
(d) There is no difference, genetically.
3. Which part of London does the couple move to once they are married and Tom takes a job as a history teacher?
(c) Notting Hill.
4. What important phrase does Tom shout to Price just before they part?
(a) All I told you was lies!
(b) Don't forget me!
(c) Don't become like I am!
(d) Don't let them do it!
5. Which of the following is NOT a theory that biologists have put forward about how eels reproduce?
(a) Eels form out of small parasites that begin their lives in the belly of larger fish.
(b) Eels create offspring by rubbing against rocks; the young form the shreds of skin that come off.
(c) Eels are sexless and a born spontaneously out of the mud.
(d) Eels fertilize their eggs internally and bring forth live young.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ernest Atkinson convert his manor Kessling Hall into?
2. Where does Tom Crick take Price to talk about Tom's forced retirement?
3. What about Mary strikes Tom when he returns from Germany at the end of World War II to marry her?
4. What is the name of the Cricks' golden retriever?
5. What does Tom Crick think the French really celebrate on Bastille Day when they mark the beginning of the French Revolution?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)