|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the feeling Tom has about leaving Mary at the insane asylum?
(a) That she will get better with time.
(b) He feels strangely elated.
(c) That he is not leaving her, but she him.
(d) He is afraid she'll be abused.
2. Which of the following is NOT in the chest Tom and Dick open in the attic?
(a) A portrait picture of their mother when she was young and beautiful.
(b) Four thick notebooks that are Ernest Atkinson's journals.
(c) Eleven bottles of Coronation Ale.
(d) A letter from Ernest Atkinson to Dick.
3. While Harry Crick recovers from his ordeal, whom does Mary remind him of?
(a) Sarah Atkinson.
(b) The Virgin Mary.
(c) His wife, Helen Atkinson.
(d) Florence Nightingale.
4. Tom thinks that progress leads...
(a) To forgetting.
(c) Back to where we started.
(d) To a brighter future.
5. What is it that Tom decides he must find at all cost?
(a) A key to his mother's chest in the attic.
(b) A way to expose Dick as Freddie's murderer.
(c) A full bottle of Coronation Ale.
(d) His grandfather's diary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mary tell Dick that she is pregnant with Freddie Parr's child?
2. What is NOT one of the names the Atkinsons give their special-occasion ales?
3. After Freddie's death, Mary reacts in a drastic way. What does she do?
4. What do Tom and Mary hope will happen as they drive back to the supermarket to return the child?
5. What are Mary and Tom waiting for the last time they lie together at the windmill?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)