|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Mary and Tom waiting for the last time they lie together at the windmill?
(a) For Mary to have a miscarriage.
(b) For a voice from God telling them what to do.
(c) For the first winter snow.
(d) For Dick to find them and kill them.
2. How does Price feel about helping his drunk teacher Tom Crick once they are out on the street outside the pub?
3. Who buys a large house in Gildsey for the newly married Tom and Mary?
(a) Harry Crick.
(b) Harold Metcalf.
(c) Tom Crick.
(d) Dick Crick.
4. The Atkinsons are an important family in the Gildsey area for all of the following reasons EXCEPT:
(a) They ran a famous brewery.
(b) They represented the Gildsey district in parliament.
(c) They helped drain the marshes by buiding locks and canals.
(d) They owned a major textile factory.
5. What medical condition is Tom afraid that Mary might have?
(b) Bipolar disorder.
(c) Alzheimer's disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the question humans must always ask about history?
2. Whom does Tom Crick quote as saying, "we cannot step into the same river twice?"
3. How does Tom eventually arrange to marry Mary, even though her father Harold Metcalf hates him?
4. Why does Tom Crick apologize to Price outside the pub?
5. During the festivities for the newly crowned King George V, the New Atkinson Brewery is destroyed. How?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)