|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is not one of the things Tom does in the evenings when he alone?
(a) Smoke cigarettes.
(c) Grade papers.
(d) Drink heavily.
2. What is the name of the Cricks' golden retriever?
3. The effects of Ernest's special ale caused all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) The near-collision of two pleasure boats whose steersmen had drunk too much.
(b) Wild improvisations by the marching band.
(c) The mass desertion of the army troops stationed in the town to the taverns.
(d) The premature setting off of the evening's fireworks.
4. In chapter 32, what is the event that Dick cannot understand?
(a) Finding the bottle he used to kill Freddie.
(b) Freddie Parr's death.
(c) His mother's death.
(d) Mary's attempt to teach him about love.
5. Tom thinks Mary cannot overcome her insanity because...
(a) There is no cure for Alzheimer's.
(b) She keeps reliving the past.
(c) He does not love her enough.
(d) Brain chemistry is destiny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the letter reveal to Tom and Dick about Dick?
2. What does Dick hide in the mouth of a stuffed pike?
3. What is Henry Crick's occupation?
4. What does Tom Crick say is the mission of a history teacher?
5. Who says, "explaining's a way of avoiding the facts while you pretend to get near to them?"
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)