|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hunted in Greenwich Park, where Tom and Mary sit in the evenings with their dog?
(a) Queen Anne.
(b) Sir Walter Raleigh.
(c) King Henry VIII.
(d) The Duke of Wellington.
2. After Freddie's death, Mary reacts in a drastic way. What does she do?
(a) She strangles Tom's favorite kitten.
(b) She attempts to commit suicide by drowning herself.
(c) She runs away to London.
(d) She locks herself into her father's house for three years.
3. What is the worst thing Tom Crick can imagine?
(a) Mary stops loving him.
(b) Humans forget their own history.
(c) Nuclear weapons destroy the earth.
(d) Humans stop being curious.
4. Which part of London does the couple move to once they are married and Tom takes a job as a history teacher?
(a) Notting Hill.
5. Which of the following does NOT draw Mary and Tom closer together?
(a) They both have odd older brothers.
(b) They both take the same train to school every day.
(c) They both escape to the ruined windmill together in the afternoons.
(d) They both grew up without a mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom thinks Mary cannot overcome her insanity because...
2. Which of the following is NOT in the chest Tom and Dick open in the attic?
3. What about the scene at the Lode does NOT remind Tom of the later scene of Freddie Parr's death?
4. The Atkinsons are an important family in the Gildsey area for all of the following reasons EXCEPT:
5. While Martha locks herself in with Mary, she asks Tom to do what outside?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)