Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about the scene at the Lode does NOT remind Tom of the later scene of Freddie Parr's death?
(a) A boat-hook lying on the riverbank.
(b) Freddie Parr in the water.
(c) A bottle drifting in the water.
(d) Dick standing on the wooden bridge.
2. What's the "old, old feeling" that Tom Crick tells Price everybody has always felt?
(a) That life must have meaning.
(b) That maybe there is no God.
(c) That nobody really understand anyone.
(d) That everything might amount to nothing.
3. Where does the old Mary Crick claim she got her child without being pregnant?
(a) From the supermarket.
(b) From her neighbor's son George.
(c) From God.
(d) She found it on the doorstep.
4. Tom tells us that as a young teenager Mary liked to "experiment" with boys. Whom does he NOT suspect her of sleeping with?
(a) Tom Crick himself.
(b) Freddie Parr.
(c) Dick Crick.
(d) Harold Metcalf.
5. The Atkinsons are an important family in the Gildsey area for all of the following reasons EXCEPT:
(a) They represented the Gildsey district in parliament.
(b) They owned a major textile factory.
(c) They ran a famous brewery.
(d) They helped drain the marshes by buiding locks and canals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Tom decides he must find at all cost?
2. What competition does Mary demand the boys take part in before she takes off her last piece of clothing for the winner?
3. How did Tom's parents meet?
4. What does Tom notice for the first time when Mary struggles with Freddie Parr's prank?
5. Which one of the following is NOT one of the ghosts that is said to haunt the marches along the River Leem?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)