|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What competition does Mary demand the boys take part in before she takes off her last piece of clothing for the winner?
(a) A competition to find and catch the largest eel.
(b) A footrace to the bridge and back.
(c) A wrestling match.
(d) An underwater swimming competition.
2. What does Ernest Atkinson convert his manor Kessling Hall into?
(a) An asylum for the mentally ill.
(b) A hospital for the wounded of World War I.
(c) A museum in honor of Sarah Atkinson.
(d) A school for orphans.
3. What does Dick do when he finds the bottle?
(a) He threatens Tom not to tell anyone about it or he will hurt Tom.
(b) He hides it in a wooden chest with a lock in the attic.
(c) He screams and later says he saw Sarah Atkinson's ghost.
(d) He ties it to the handle of his motorbike with a piece of string.
4. What does Tom Crick find in the river that he thinks caused the bruise that killed Freddie Parr?
(a) A wrench Dick uses to fix his motorbike.
(b) A metal ball from a slingshot Tom has seen Jack Parr use to kill birds.
(c) A cricket bat with an odd indentation and a label that reads F.P.
(d) A beer bottle from the defunct Atkinson brewery.
5. Tom Crick's wife, Mary, has been sent to a mental institution. Why?
(a) She stole a baby from a stroller in a supermarket.
(b) She began to scream at odd times of the night.
(c) She has developed Alzheimer's disease.
(d) Tom Crick hit her over the head and she lost her mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freddie Parr do to Mary as revenge for setting him up to lose the competition because she knew he couldn't swim?
2. What marks the end of Ernest Atkinson's political career?
3. What is the historical event that Tom Crick keeps returning to over and over again as he explains that history seems to move in a circle?
4. What is Ernest Atkinson's reaction to the fire?
5. To what does Tom Crick compare the soil of the Fens?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)