Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tom react to Mary's statement that "everything has changed" with Freddie's death.
(a) He slaps Mary and shouts,
(b) He laughs uncontrollably.
(c) He tears up lumps of grass and angrily throws them around.
(d) He says nothing and watches Mary run off into the night.
2. What tells Tom that he and Mary must finish their argument quickly because the park is about to close?
(a) The steady stream of dog owners towards the park gates.
(b) The gruff voice of the park warden asking others to leave.
(c) The sunset glistening on the duck pond.
(d) The park-keeper's bell.
3. Who hunted in Greenwich Park, where Tom and Mary sit in the evenings with their dog?
(a) Queen Anne.
(b) Sir Walter Raleigh.
(c) King Henry VIII.
(d) The Duke of Wellington.
4. To what does Tom Crick compare the soil of the Fens?
(a) An obese matron.
5. The headmaster of the school where Tom Crick teaches history thinks Tom should retire from his job. Why?
(a) History will be eliminated from the curriculum.
(b) Tom Crick has stopped teaching the syllabus.
(c) All of the above.
(d) The headmaster does not like Tom Crick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom compare the sound of Dick's motorcycle to the evening Mary has broken up with Tom?
2. How does Freddie Parr's father Jack react to the ruling by the court that Freddie's death was an accident?
3. Which of the following does NOT draw Mary and Tom closer together?
4. What about Mary strikes Tom when he returns from Germany at the end of World War II to marry her?
5. What is the name of the student Tom Crick butts heads with the most?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)