|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom tells us that as a young teenager Mary liked to "experiment" with boys. Whom does he NOT suspect her of sleeping with?
(a) Dick Crick.
(b) Tom Crick himself.
(c) Harold Metcalf.
(d) Freddie Parr.
2. What gives the Atkinsons the decisive advantage over the other brewers in the Gildsey area?
(a) They invent the steam engine.
(b) An ancestor saves Queen Elizabeth, is knighted and given a royal commission.
(c) They grow the best malt barley for beer brewing in the area.
(d) They return rich from an exploration to the Americas.
3. What sort of proof does Mary offer that Dick cannot be the father of her child?
4. What is the name of the student Tom Crick butts heads with the most?
5. What is Henry Crick's occupation?
(a) Brewmaster at the Atkinson Brewery.
(b) Lock keeper at the Atkinson Lock.
(c) History teacher.
(d) Barge captain on the River Ouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the day that Freddie Parr was found dead in the river, Mary confesses what to Tom?
2. What does Tom Crick find in the river that he thinks caused the bruise that killed Freddie Parr?
3. Which one of the following is NOT one of the ghosts that is said to haunt the marches along the River Leem?
4. Who does Tom Crick think his wife Mary is having a love affair with in her old age?
5. What is the main fish that the Cricks and their neighbors catch for food?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)