Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the names the Atkinsons give their special-occasion ales?
(a) The Grand '51.
(b) The Empress of India.
(c) The Golden Jubilee.
(d) The Crimean Victory.
2. What does Tom Crick find in the river that he thinks caused the bruise that killed Freddie Parr?
(a) A cricket bat with an odd indentation and a label that reads F.P.
(b) A metal ball from a slingshot Tom has seen Jack Parr use to kill birds.
(c) A wrench Dick uses to fix his motorbike.
(d) A beer bottle from the defunct Atkinson brewery.
3. What is the object that Dick Crick treats like it is a real person?
(a) His father's radio.
(b) His motorbike.
(c) His dead mother's sewing machine.
(d) His barge engine.
4. What is the main fish that the Cricks and their neighbors catch for food?
5. What is the landscape the novel is set in?
(a) The Lake District in northern England.
(b) The Fens in eastern England.
(c) The coastline of Cornwall.
(d) The docks of East London.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Freddie Parr's father, Jack Parr, infamous for in the Gildsey area?
2. Lewis Scott, the headmaster at the school where Tom Crick teaches, thinks history should be considered part of what other field?
3. The Atkinsons are an important family in the Gildsey area for all of the following reasons EXCEPT:
4. How old is Sarah Atkinson when she dies?
5. What is Henry Crick's occupation?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)