Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the worst thing Tom Crick can imagine?
(a) Humans forget their own history.
(b) Humans stop being curious.
(c) Mary stops loving him.
(d) Nuclear weapons destroy the earth.
2. What is the question Price asks Tom during their evening spent together that shakes Tom most deeply?
(a) Whether Tom has ever considered ending it all.
(b) Whether Tom isn't actually happy about having been fired.
(c) Whether Tom even would want to bring children into the world as it is.
(d) Whether Tom truly loves Mary.
3. What does Ernest Atkinson convert his manor Kessling Hall into?
(a) A museum in honor of Sarah Atkinson.
(b) A hospital for the wounded of World War I.
(c) An asylum for the mentally ill.
(d) A school for orphans.
4. Which of the following does NOT draw Mary and Tom closer together?
(a) They both have odd older brothers.
(b) They both escape to the ruined windmill together in the afternoons.
(c) They both grew up without a mother.
(d) They both take the same train to school every day.
5. Who is the patron saint of Gildsey?
(a) St. Mary.
(b) St. Gertrude of the Marshes.
(c) St. Julian of Norwich.
(d) St. Gunnhilda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom notice for the first time when Mary struggles with Freddie Parr's prank?
2. Who says, "explaining's a way of avoiding the facts while you pretend to get near to them?"
3. How did Tom's parents meet?
4. Which of the boys' bodies does Mary appear to be most interested in?
5. Lewis Scott, the headmaster at the school where Tom Crick teaches, thinks history should be considered part of what other field?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)