Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom dream that he considers telling the headmaster about?
(a) He dreams of Price as the Prime Minister of Britain.
(b) He dreams of the headmaster drowning in a canal.
(c) He dreams of Mary as she was when she was 15.
(d) He dreams of a woman wailing in a supermarket.
2. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the question humans must always ask about history?
3. How old is Sarah Atkinson when she dies?
(a) 37 years.
(b) 92 years.
(c) 68 years.
(d) 99 years.
4. To what does Tom Crick compare the soil of the Fens?
(c) An obese matron.
5. Tom Crick mentions a similarity his father found between his home and the battlefields of World War I. What is that similarity?
(a) The mud felt the same and eels swam in the pools.
(b) The army served the same ale the Atkinsons brewed in Gildsey.
(c) The men were silent and preferred to keep to themselves.
(d) The pretty girls in the town were disdainful of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the motto of the New Brewery in Gildsey?
2. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the difference between animals and humans?
3. Tom tells us that as a young teenager Mary liked to "experiment" with boys. Whom does he NOT suspect her of sleeping with?
4. What secret does Tom reveal to his students about Lewis Scott, the headmaster of the school?
5. The Atkinsons are an important family in the Gildsey area for all of the following reasons EXCEPT:
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)