Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sparks Tom Crick's interest in the mating habits of eels?
(a) Mary asks him to look it up because she wants to use it as an example to teach Dick about sex.
(b) Mary tells Tom if he can find out the truth about how eels mate, she'll stop her love lessons with Dick.
(c) His memory of an eel in Mary's knickers and his need to take his mind off Mary being with Dick.
(d) His desire to show his own curiosity is as strong as Mary's.
2. Tom confronts Price about his frequent interruptions during class. What question does Price's reluctance about history boil down to?
(a) Does knowing history help change anything?
(b) How can anyone know what really happened?
(c) How many more history lessons will he have to sit through?
(d) Is history not just a collection of stories that keeps the powerful in power?
3. What marks the end of Ernest Atkinson's political career?
(a) He runs as a candidate for the Liberal Party.
(b) He opposes the unionization of dock workers.
(c) He offends the mayor of Gildsey.
(d) He sneezes in parliament during a speech by King George V.
4. On the day that Freddie Parr was found dead in the river, Mary confesses what to Tom?
(a) That she is about to run off to London to hide from her father.
(b) That she pushed Freddie into the river.
(c) That she saw Freddie attack Dick the night before by the river bridge.
(d) That she is pregnant from Tom, but told Dick it was Freddie's child.
5. What is the term Tom Crick keeps using to refer to Mary's attitude towards the world when she was an adolescent?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ernest Atkinson do with the three remaining steam ships he owns?
2. Why does his most outspoken student reject Tom Crick's attempt to teach the class history?
3. How does Tom react to Mary's statement that "everything has changed" with Freddie's death.
4. How does Harry Crick find out that his son Dick is in love with Mary?
5. Tom tells us that as a young teenager Mary liked to "experiment" with boys. Whom does he NOT suspect her of sleeping with?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)