|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zhu Tong demand be done before he will go to the Liangshan Marsh stronghold?
2. What spirit saved Song Jiang?
3. Where does Lu Junyi decide to go to try to avoid his bad fortune?
4. Where is Lord Chai found?
5. Who caught Chao Gai's killer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jin Jie's wife advise him to tell Song Jiang of his plans to surrender.
2. How does the mystic queen tell Song he must defeat the Zodiac Deployment?
3. What does Shao Jun tell Song Jiang?
4. What does the "fortune teller" tell Lu Junyi about his future?
5. How was the commanding general of the seven cavalry troops in the Liao army dressed?
6. How does Tang Long suggest that the bandits lure Xu Ning to their stronghold so he can teach them to fight with barbed lances?
7. Why is Lei Heng singled out when he goes to listen to Bai Xiuying sing?
8. Under what stipulations is Li Kui allowed to go with Wu Yong to persuade Lu Junyi to join the bandits?
9. How is Chen Zhu killed?
10. What does Song Jiang do to memorialize Song Wan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the devices that Song used to get men to join the bandit forces. Find three examples of unusual devices that Song uses to get certain men into the stronghold. What is your opinion of his devices? Do you think it is acceptable to trick people, sometimes causing them to become criminals, in order to get them into the group?
Essay Topic 2
Consider the poisoning of Li Kui. Should Song have poisoned Li? Or do you think he should have allowed Li to live and get revenge for the murders of Song and Lu? How does this final action by Song Jiang solidify his personality?
Essay Topic 3
Prepare a character sketch for Gao Qui.
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)