|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does an emissary come to visit Song Jiang just before the troops attack Hangzhou?
2. What color is not used by the Liao army in their battle with Song's forces?
3. Who wrote the letter that Dai Zong delivers to Marshal Su?
4. Who is chosen to lead the mass?
5. What kind of weapon does Tang Long suggest that the Liangshan Marsh bandits use?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Guan Sheng propose he do for the bandits as his entrance gift?
2. Under what stipulations is Li Kui allowed to go with Wu Yong to persuade Lu Junyi to join the bandits?
3. Why is Lei Heng singled out when he goes to listen to Bai Xiuying sing?
4. What does Shao Jun tell Song Jiang?
5. How does Tang Long suggest that the bandits lure Xu Ning to their stronghold so he can teach them to fight with barbed lances?
6. How does Song Jiang suggest the bandits fight as they are preparing for attack?
7. How is Chen Zhu killed?
8. Why does Song Jiang give Li Kui poisoned wine?
9. Why do Lei Heng and Wu Young visit Zhu Tong?
10. What does the "fortune teller" tell Lu Junyi about his future?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the poisoning of Li Kui. Should Song have poisoned Li? Or do you think he should have allowed Li to live and get revenge for the murders of Song and Lu? How does this final action by Song Jiang solidify his personality?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Chao Gai's role in the novel. What did he do before he sought refuge in the stronghold?
Essay Topic 3
Consider the devices that Song used to get men to join the bandit forces. Find three examples of unusual devices that Song uses to get certain men into the stronghold. What is your opinion of his devices? Do you think it is acceptable to trick people, sometimes causing them to become criminals, in order to get them into the group?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)