|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who agrees to take care of Lei Heng in prison?
2. What spirit saved Song Jiang?
3. How much of Tong Guan's army is killed during his attack on the Liangshan Marsh bandits?
4. Who does Song Jiang use to trick the people of Qingzhou into opening the city gates?
5. Where is Lord Chai found?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Song Jiang decide to do in order to celebrate the completion of the 108 chieftains?
2. How was the commanding general of the seven cavalry troops in the Liao army dressed?
3. What does Guan Sheng propose he do for the bandits as his entrance gift?
4. Why do Lei Heng and Wu Young visit Zhu Tong?
5. What formation do the government armies decide they will use when they try to attack Song Jiang's forces the second time?
6. How does Tang Long suggest that the bandits lure Xu Ning to their stronghold so he can teach them to fight with barbed lances?
7. How is the plan that Tong Guan, Cai Jing, Gao Qui and Yang Jian devise to do away with the Liangshan Marsh bandits thwarted?
8. Why do the officials decide to go ahead with the yearly lantern festival?
9. What does Song Jiang do to memorialize Song Wan?
10. How does the mystic queen tell Song he must defeat the Zodiac Deployment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Prepare a character sketch for Song Jiang. Include a physical description, description of his moral values in addition to his role in the action of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the ending of the novel. Is the ending satisfactory? What has happened to all of the bandit chieftains? What about the ones who plotted against them?
Essay Topic 3
Consider the poisoning of Li Kui. Should Song have poisoned Li? Or do you think he should have allowed Li to live and get revenge for the murders of Song and Lu? How does this final action by Song Jiang solidify his personality?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)