|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lei Heng kill Xiuying?
2. How does one of the bandits pass himself off as Marshal Su?
3. What spirit saved Song Jiang?
4. Who tries on Fang La's fine clothes?
5. What position do the Song forces use that the Tartan general recognizes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the "fortune teller" tell Lu Junyi about his future?
2. Why does Song Jiang give Li Kui poisoned wine?
3. Why is Lei Heng singled out when he goes to listen to Bai Xiuying sing?
4. What does Guan Sheng propose he do for the bandits as his entrance gift?
5. Why do the officials decide to go ahead with the yearly lantern festival?
6. How is Chen Zhu killed?
7. What does Song Jiang do to memorialize Song Wan?
8. Under what stipulations is Li Kui allowed to go with Wu Yong to persuade Lu Junyi to join the bandits?
9. How is the plan that Tong Guan, Cai Jing, Gao Qui and Yang Jian devise to do away with the Liangshan Marsh bandits thwarted?
10. How does Song Jiang suggest the bandits fight as they are preparing for attack?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the role of Inspector Ho in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Li Kui's role in the novel. For what is he known?
Essay Topic 3
Consider the poisoning of Li Kui. Should Song have poisoned Li? Or do you think he should have allowed Li to live and get revenge for the murders of Song and Lu? How does this final action by Song Jiang solidify his personality?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)