|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Song become angry with Yan Qing?
2. What is Li Kui to do if Wu Yong shakes his head?
3. Who wrote the letter that Dai Zong delivers to Marshal Su?
4. Who was responsible for killing Chao Gai?
5. When does Song Jiang choose to discuss the matter of amnesty with Ouyang?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lei Heng singled out when he goes to listen to Bai Xiuying sing?
2. How is Chen Zhu killed?
3. How was the commanding general of the seven cavalry troops in the Liao army dressed?
4. What happens during the mass service at Liangshan Marsh?
5. Under what stipulations is Li Kui allowed to go with Wu Yong to persuade Lu Junyi to join the bandits?
6. What does Shao Jun tell Song Jiang?
7. Why do Lei Heng and Wu Young visit Zhu Tong?
8. What does Guan Sheng propose he do for the bandits as his entrance gift?
9. Why does Song Jiang give Li Kui poisoned wine?
10. How does Yan Qing keep Li Shishi from going too far in her advancements?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of the number 108 in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
What crimes has Song Jiang committed that cause him to seek refuge in the Liangshan Marsh stronghold?
Essay Topic 3
In the conclusion of the novel, who were the ultimate winners? Although the bandits were able to save their country from a formidable foe (the Liaos) they never got the military or governmental honors and prestige they wanted. Write an essay in which you attempt to determine who were the winners of this conflict. Explain your answer.
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)