|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is put in charge of Shi Xiu and Lu the Magnate when they are imprisoned in the Northern Capital?
2. Where is Lord Chai found?
3. Which of his chieftains is Song Jiang forced to kill as punishment?
4. Which Ruan brother is piloting the boat that carries the Imperial wine?
5. After the Liao forces are defeated, how many of the original chieftains remain?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the values of loyalty and brotherhood as they are presented in this novel.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the poisoning of Li Kui. Should Song have poisoned Li? Or do you think he should have allowed Li to live and get revenge for the murders of Song and Lu? How does this final action by Song Jiang solidify his personality?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the roots of the conflict between the bandits and the Chinese government. Can you pinpoint any one cause of the conflict? How does immorality and perverseness figure into the reasons why the conflict continues to escalate until all of the bandits are either dead or no longer interested in serving in government?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)