|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chai Jin steal from Inspector Wang?
2. Who steals Huyan's horse?
3. How does Shi Qian get into the Northern Capital?
4. To whom does Lu Da hope to be able to go and pay his respects?
5. How long does it take the Council of Military Affairs to prepare for battle with the bandits?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during the mass service at Liangshan Marsh?
2. Under what stipulations is Li Kui allowed to go with Wu Yong to persuade Lu Junyi to join the bandits?
3. What does Shao Jun tell Song Jiang?
4. How does Song Jiang suggest the bandits fight as they are preparing for attack?
5. How does Jin Jie's wife advise him to tell Song Jiang of his plans to surrender.
6. How does Yan Qing keep Li Shishi from going too far in her advancements?
7. How does Tang Long suggest that the bandits lure Xu Ning to their stronghold so he can teach them to fight with barbed lances?
8. Why is Lei Heng singled out when he goes to listen to Bai Xiuying sing?
9. How does the mystic queen tell Song he must defeat the Zodiac Deployment?
10. How was the commanding general of the seven cavalry troops in the Liao army dressed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the values of loyalty and brotherhood as they are presented in this novel.
Essay Topic 2
What crimes has Song Jiang committed that cause him to seek refuge in the Liangshan Marsh stronghold?
Essay Topic 3
Consider the role of Inspector Ho in the novel.
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)