|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chai Jin steal from Inspector Wang?
2. How long does it take the Council of Military Affairs to prepare for battle with the bandits?
3. Who takes a liking to Zhu Tong?
4. Who does the emperor send with the third amnesty decree?
5. Where is Lord Chai found?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Lei Heng and Wu Young visit Zhu Tong?
2. Why is Lei Heng singled out when he goes to listen to Bai Xiuying sing?
3. How does the mystic queen tell Song he must defeat the Zodiac Deployment?
4. How is Chen Zhu killed?
5. What happens during the mass service at Liangshan Marsh?
6. What does Guan Sheng propose he do for the bandits as his entrance gift?
7. How does Tang Long suggest that the bandits lure Xu Ning to their stronghold so he can teach them to fight with barbed lances?
8. How does Jin Jie's wife advise him to tell Song Jiang of his plans to surrender.
9. How does Song Jiang suggest the bandits fight as they are preparing for attack?
10. Under what stipulations is Li Kui allowed to go with Wu Yong to persuade Lu Junyi to join the bandits?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Prepare a character sketch for Gao Qui.
Essay Topic 2
In the conclusion of the novel, who were the ultimate winners? Although the bandits were able to save their country from a formidable foe (the Liaos) they never got the military or governmental honors and prestige they wanted. Write an essay in which you attempt to determine who were the winners of this conflict. Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Prepare a character sketch for Song Jiang. Include a physical description, description of his moral values in addition to his role in the action of the novel.
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)