|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who captures Fang La?
2. What is not one of the gifts given to the Liangshan Marsh bandits by the emperor along with the amnesty decree?
3. What color is not used by the Liao army in their battle with Song's forces?
4. With what does Li Kui kill Ren Yuan?
5. Who was responsible for killing Chao Gai?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Song Jiang do to memorialize Song Wan?
2. How does Yan Qing keep Li Shishi from going too far in her advancements?
3. What happens during the mass service at Liangshan Marsh?
4. How is Chen Zhu killed?
5. Why do the officials decide to go ahead with the yearly lantern festival?
6. How was the commanding general of the seven cavalry troops in the Liao army dressed?
7. What does Shao Jun tell Song Jiang?
8. Under what stipulations is Li Kui allowed to go with Wu Yong to persuade Lu Junyi to join the bandits?
9. How does Song Jiang suggest the bandits fight as they are preparing for attack?
10. What does the "fortune teller" tell Lu Junyi about his future?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the poisoning of Li Kui. Should Song have poisoned Li? Or do you think he should have allowed Li to live and get revenge for the murders of Song and Lu? How does this final action by Song Jiang solidify his personality?
Essay Topic 2
Why was it so important to Song Jiang that he and the others be granted amnesty for their crimes?
Essay Topic 3
Trace the transformation of Sagacious Lu's personality through the novel.
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)