|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of weapon does Tang Long suggest that the Liangshan Marsh bandits use?
2. What color is not used by the Liao army in their battle with Song's forces?
3. How many chieftains are present at the Liangshan Marsh stronghold at the opening of Chapter Seventy-one?
4. Who does the emperor send with the third amnesty decree?
5. Where is Lord Chai found?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Song Jiang give Li Kui poisoned wine?
2. Why do the officials decide to go ahead with the yearly lantern festival?
3. How does Song Jiang suggest the bandits fight as they are preparing for attack?
4. What does Shao Jun tell Song Jiang?
5. Why is Lei Heng singled out when he goes to listen to Bai Xiuying sing?
6. Under what stipulations is Li Kui allowed to go with Wu Yong to persuade Lu Junyi to join the bandits?
7. How does the mystic queen tell Song he must defeat the Zodiac Deployment?
8. What formation do the government armies decide they will use when they try to attack Song Jiang's forces the second time?
9. What happens during the mass service at Liangshan Marsh?
10. What does Guan Sheng propose he do for the bandits as his entrance gift?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the poisoning of Li Kui. Should Song have poisoned Li? Or do you think he should have allowed Li to live and get revenge for the murders of Song and Lu? How does this final action by Song Jiang solidify his personality?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the values of loyalty and brotherhood as they are presented in this novel.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of the number 108 in the novel.
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)