|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who captures Fang La?
2. Under what does Shi Qian hide his equipment used to start the fire?
3. Who had secretly made up his mind to surrender to Song's forces?
4. Who tries on Fang La's fine clothes?
5. How does Shi Qian get into the Northern Capital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Shao Jun tell Song Jiang?
2. Why do the officials decide to go ahead with the yearly lantern festival?
3. How does Jin Jie's wife advise him to tell Song Jiang of his plans to surrender.
4. What happens during the mass service at Liangshan Marsh?
5. How is the plan that Tong Guan, Cai Jing, Gao Qui and Yang Jian devise to do away with the Liangshan Marsh bandits thwarted?
6. How does the mystic queen tell Song he must defeat the Zodiac Deployment?
7. How is Chen Zhu killed?
8. What does Song Jiang decide to do in order to celebrate the completion of the 108 chieftains?
9. How does Tang Long suggest that the bandits lure Xu Ning to their stronghold so he can teach them to fight with barbed lances?
10. Why does Song Jiang give Li Kui poisoned wine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why was it so important to Song Jiang that he and the others be granted amnesty for their crimes?
Essay Topic 2
Consider the roles of women as they are presented in this novel. Are women presented in a good light? Are they presented as generally bad people? Are there any heroines in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the values of loyalty and brotherhood as they are presented in this novel.
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)