|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What spirit saved Song Jiang?
2. How does Shi Qian get into the Northern Capital?
3. Who wrote the letter that Dai Zong delivers to Marshal Su?
4. Where is Lord Chai found?
5. Who had secretly made up his mind to surrender to Song's forces?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Prepare a character sketch for Song Jiang. Include a physical description, description of his moral values in addition to his role in the action of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
In the conclusion of the novel, who were the ultimate winners? Although the bandits were able to save their country from a formidable foe (the Liaos) they never got the military or governmental honors and prestige they wanted. Write an essay in which you attempt to determine who were the winners of this conflict. Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of the number 108 in the novel.
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)