|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is captured by the Liangshan Marsh bandits during the battles in Chapter Fifty-five?
2. With what does Li Kui kill Ren Yuan?
3. Who captures Fang La?
4. Why is the Great Monad a difficult position to defend against?
5. When does Song Jiang choose to discuss the matter of amnesty with Ouyang?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was the commanding general of the seven cavalry troops in the Liao army dressed?
2. What does the "fortune teller" tell Lu Junyi about his future?
3. Why do the officials decide to go ahead with the yearly lantern festival?
4. How does Jin Jie's wife advise him to tell Song Jiang of his plans to surrender.
5. What happens during the mass service at Liangshan Marsh?
6. How does the mystic queen tell Song he must defeat the Zodiac Deployment?
7. Under what stipulations is Li Kui allowed to go with Wu Yong to persuade Lu Junyi to join the bandits?
8. How is the plan that Tong Guan, Cai Jing, Gao Qui and Yang Jian devise to do away with the Liangshan Marsh bandits thwarted?
9. How is Chen Zhu killed?
10. What does Song Jiang decide to do in order to celebrate the completion of the 108 chieftains?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the three amnesty offers given to the Liangshan Marsh bandits.
Essay Topic 2
In the conclusion of the novel, who were the ultimate winners? Although the bandits were able to save their country from a formidable foe (the Liaos) they never got the military or governmental honors and prestige they wanted. Write an essay in which you attempt to determine who were the winners of this conflict. Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Prepare a character sketch for Gao Qui.
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)