|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sent from Liangshan Marsh to investigate the government troops' plans?
2. Who does Wu Yong pretend to be when he appears before Lu Junyi?
3. Who agrees to take care of Lei Heng in prison?
4. Who tries on Fang La's fine clothes?
5. Who do the bandits decide to approach to help them get word to the emperor that they still want an amnesty?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the mystic queen tell Song he must defeat the Zodiac Deployment?
2. How does Song Jiang suggest the bandits fight as they are preparing for attack?
3. How is the plan that Tong Guan, Cai Jing, Gao Qui and Yang Jian devise to do away with the Liangshan Marsh bandits thwarted?
4. Why does Song Jiang give Li Kui poisoned wine?
5. What formation do the government armies decide they will use when they try to attack Song Jiang's forces the second time?
6. What does Guan Sheng propose he do for the bandits as his entrance gift?
7. How does Jin Jie's wife advise him to tell Song Jiang of his plans to surrender.
8. Why do the officials decide to go ahead with the yearly lantern festival?
9. How is Chen Zhu killed?
10. Why do Lei Heng and Wu Young visit Zhu Tong?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Prepare a character sketch for Gao Qui.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the devices that Song used to get men to join the bandit forces. Find three examples of unusual devices that Song uses to get certain men into the stronghold. What is your opinion of his devices? Do you think it is acceptable to trick people, sometimes causing them to become criminals, in order to get them into the group?
Essay Topic 3
Trace the transformation of Sagacious Lu's personality through the novel.
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)