|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chai Jin steal from Inspector Wang?
2. Who does Song Jiang use to trick the people of Qingzhou into opening the city gates?
3. Who visits Song Jiang in his tent as he wonders how he will defeat the Northern Capital?
4. How does Wu Yong suggest to Song Jiang that they take Hangzhou?
5. With what does Li Kui kill Ren Yuan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Chen Zhu killed?
2. How is the plan that Tong Guan, Cai Jing, Gao Qui and Yang Jian devise to do away with the Liangshan Marsh bandits thwarted?
3. How does the mystic queen tell Song he must defeat the Zodiac Deployment?
4. What formation do the government armies decide they will use when they try to attack Song Jiang's forces the second time?
5. How does Yan Qing keep Li Shishi from going too far in her advancements?
6. What does Song Jiang decide to do in order to celebrate the completion of the 108 chieftains?
7. What does the "fortune teller" tell Lu Junyi about his future?
8. Why is Lei Heng singled out when he goes to listen to Bai Xiuying sing?
9. How was the commanding general of the seven cavalry troops in the Liao army dressed?
10. Why do Lei Heng and Wu Young visit Zhu Tong?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the devices that Song used to get men to join the bandit forces. Find three examples of unusual devices that Song uses to get certain men into the stronghold. What is your opinion of his devices? Do you think it is acceptable to trick people, sometimes causing them to become criminals, in order to get them into the group?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the roots of the conflict between the bandits and the Chinese government. Can you pinpoint any one cause of the conflict? How does immorality and perverseness figure into the reasons why the conflict continues to escalate until all of the bandits are either dead or no longer interested in serving in government?
Essay Topic 3
Why was it so important to Song Jiang that he and the others be granted amnesty for their crimes?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)