|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zhu Tong demand be done before he will go to the Liangshan Marsh stronghold?
2. Who is sent to steal Xu Ning's special armor?
3. What color is not used by the Liao army in their battle with Song's forces?
4. Who was responsible for killing Chao Gai?
5. Who is chosen to lead the mass?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Lei Heng and Wu Young visit Zhu Tong?
2. What does Shao Jun tell Song Jiang?
3. How does Song Jiang suggest the bandits fight as they are preparing for attack?
4. Under what stipulations is Li Kui allowed to go with Wu Yong to persuade Lu Junyi to join the bandits?
5. What formation do the government armies decide they will use when they try to attack Song Jiang's forces the second time?
6. How does Yan Qing keep Li Shishi from going too far in her advancements?
7. How is Chen Zhu killed?
8. Why does Song Jiang give Li Kui poisoned wine?
9. What does Guan Sheng propose he do for the bandits as his entrance gift?
10. Why is Lei Heng singled out when he goes to listen to Bai Xiuying sing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Li Kui's role in the novel. For what is he known?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the roots of the conflict between the bandits and the Chinese government. Can you pinpoint any one cause of the conflict? How does immorality and perverseness figure into the reasons why the conflict continues to escalate until all of the bandits are either dead or no longer interested in serving in government?
Essay Topic 3
Consider the poisoning of Li Kui. Should Song have poisoned Li? Or do you think he should have allowed Li to live and get revenge for the murders of Song and Lu? How does this final action by Song Jiang solidify his personality?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)