|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Minister Lu told that Chen Guan has not come to see him in person?
2. What is not one of the gifts given to the Liangshan Marsh bandits by the emperor along with the amnesty decree?
3. How long does it take the Council of Military Affairs to prepare for battle with the bandits?
4. Which Ruan brother is piloting the boat that carries the Imperial wine?
5. Who was not one of the chieftains killed during the battle at Runzhou?
Essay Topic 1
In the conclusion of the novel, who were the ultimate winners? Although the bandits were able to save their country from a formidable foe (the Liaos) they never got the military or governmental honors and prestige they wanted. Write an essay in which you attempt to determine who were the winners of this conflict. Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Li Kui's role in the novel. For what is he known?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the three amnesty offers given to the Liangshan Marsh bandits.
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)