|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Great Monad a difficult position to defend against?
2. How long does it take the Council of Military Affairs to prepare for battle with the bandits?
3. Who does Gongshun's magic help Song's forces capture?
4. With what does Li Kui kill Ren Yuan?
5. Who tries on Fang La's fine clothes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Yan Qing keep Li Shishi from going too far in her advancements?
2. What does Guan Sheng propose he do for the bandits as his entrance gift?
3. How is Chen Zhu killed?
4. Why is Lei Heng singled out when he goes to listen to Bai Xiuying sing?
5. Why does Song Jiang give Li Kui poisoned wine?
6. How is the plan that Tong Guan, Cai Jing, Gao Qui and Yang Jian devise to do away with the Liangshan Marsh bandits thwarted?
7. What formation do the government armies decide they will use when they try to attack Song Jiang's forces the second time?
8. How was the commanding general of the seven cavalry troops in the Liao army dressed?
9. What does Shao Jun tell Song Jiang?
10. What happens during the mass service at Liangshan Marsh?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of religion in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the values of loyalty and brotherhood as they are presented in this novel.
Essay Topic 3
Why was it so important to Song Jiang that he and the others be granted amnesty for their crimes?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)