|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Li Kui kill Ren Yuan?
2. Who is captured by the Liangshan Marsh bandits during the battles in Chapter Fifty-five?
3. Why is the Great Monad a difficult position to defend against?
4. Who do the bandits decide to approach to help them get word to the emperor that they still want an amnesty?
5. Who wrote the letter that Dai Zong delivers to Marshal Su?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Song Jiang decide to do in order to celebrate the completion of the 108 chieftains?
2. How does Yan Qing keep Li Shishi from going too far in her advancements?
3. Why do Lei Heng and Wu Young visit Zhu Tong?
4. How does the mystic queen tell Song he must defeat the Zodiac Deployment?
5. Why do the officials decide to go ahead with the yearly lantern festival?
6. How does Tang Long suggest that the bandits lure Xu Ning to their stronghold so he can teach them to fight with barbed lances?
7. What does Shao Jun tell Song Jiang?
8. What does Song Jiang do to memorialize Song Wan?
9. Under what stipulations is Li Kui allowed to go with Wu Yong to persuade Lu Junyi to join the bandits?
10. Why does Song Jiang give Li Kui poisoned wine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of religion in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
When Chao Gai decides to act upon the Red-Haired Demon's suggestion that they steal the birthday gifts intended for Cai the Premier he does so with the rationalization that these gifts were purchased with stolen money so it is not a crime to steal them back. Do you believe this rationalization is solid? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Consider the poisoning of Li Kui. Should Song have poisoned Li? Or do you think he should have allowed Li to live and get revenge for the murders of Song and Lu? How does this final action by Song Jiang solidify his personality?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)