|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what does Shi Qian hide his equipment used to start the fire?
2. How long does it take the Council of Military Affairs to prepare for battle with the bandits?
3. Where does Lu Junyi decide to go to try to avoid his bad fortune?
4. How many men does Xu Ning teach to use the barbed lance?
5. Why is Minister Lu told that Chen Guan has not come to see him in person?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jin Jie's wife advise him to tell Song Jiang of his plans to surrender.
2. How is the plan that Tong Guan, Cai Jing, Gao Qui and Yang Jian devise to do away with the Liangshan Marsh bandits thwarted?
3. What does the "fortune teller" tell Lu Junyi about his future?
4. Why do the officials decide to go ahead with the yearly lantern festival?
5. What happens during the mass service at Liangshan Marsh?
6. What does Shao Jun tell Song Jiang?
7. What does Song Jiang do to memorialize Song Wan?
8. How does Song Jiang suggest the bandits fight as they are preparing for attack?
9. How does Tang Long suggest that the bandits lure Xu Ning to their stronghold so he can teach them to fight with barbed lances?
10. What does Guan Sheng propose he do for the bandits as his entrance gift?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the ending of the novel. Is the ending satisfactory? What has happened to all of the bandit chieftains? What about the ones who plotted against them?
Essay Topic 2
What crimes has Song Jiang committed that cause him to seek refuge in the Liangshan Marsh stronghold?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Li Kui's role in the novel. For what is he known?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)