|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position do the Song forces use that the Tartan general recognizes?
2. What does Chai Jin steal from Inspector Wang?
3. To whom does Lu Da hope to be able to go and pay his respects?
4. How long does it take the Council of Military Affairs to prepare for battle with the bandits?
5. Who was not one of the chieftains who volunteered to scope out the Yangzi?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the three amnesty offers given to the Liangshan Marsh bandits.
Essay Topic 2
When Chao Gai decides to act upon the Red-Haired Demon's suggestion that they steal the birthday gifts intended for Cai the Premier he does so with the rationalization that these gifts were purchased with stolen money so it is not a crime to steal them back. Do you believe this rationalization is solid? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Consider the devices that Song used to get men to join the bandit forces. Find three examples of unusual devices that Song uses to get certain men into the stronghold. What is your opinion of his devices? Do you think it is acceptable to trick people, sometimes causing them to become criminals, in order to get them into the group?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)