|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Li Kui kill Ren Yuan?
2. Why is Minister Lu told that Chen Guan has not come to see him in person?
3. Who is put in charge of Shi Xiu and Lu the Magnate when they are imprisoned in the Northern Capital?
4. Where is Lord Chai found?
5. What color is not used by the Liao army in their battle with Song's forces?
Short Essay Questions
1. Under what stipulations is Li Kui allowed to go with Wu Yong to persuade Lu Junyi to join the bandits?
2. What does Shao Jun tell Song Jiang?
3. What does Song Jiang do to memorialize Song Wan?
4. Why do the officials decide to go ahead with the yearly lantern festival?
5. How was the commanding general of the seven cavalry troops in the Liao army dressed?
6. Why is Lei Heng singled out when he goes to listen to Bai Xiuying sing?
7. Why do Lei Heng and Wu Young visit Zhu Tong?
8. How is the plan that Tong Guan, Cai Jing, Gao Qui and Yang Jian devise to do away with the Liangshan Marsh bandits thwarted?
9. How does Jin Jie's wife advise him to tell Song Jiang of his plans to surrender.
10. What does the "fortune teller" tell Lu Junyi about his future?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the role of Inspector Ho in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Trace the transformation of Sagacious Lu's personality through the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Prepare a character sketch for Song Jiang. Include a physical description, description of his moral values in addition to his role in the action of the novel.
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)