|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Wang the Stumpy Tiger captive?
2. Which paths does Song Jiang learn will take him safely to the Zhu Family Village?
3. What is Song Jiang's complexion like?
4. How many men were killed when the Liangshan Marsh bandits raided Jiangzhou?
5. To what does Shi Qian set fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Li Xing at the end of chapter 50?
2. How does Lu Da finally get food when he is at the Waguan Monastery?
3. How does Yang kill Niu Er?
4. What does the old man tell the infant Ren Zong that makes him stop crying?
5. What does Song Jiang do for the old man who told him the secret of the circular, confusing paths around the Zhu Family Village?
6. Describe Lu Da's staff.
7. Why does Shi En, the prison guard, treat Wu Song so well while he is in jail?
8. How does Chao Gai's group trick Yang Zhi's men into letting them steal the gifts?
9. Why has Lord Chai lost some of his fondness for Wu Song?
10. What does Wu Song's principal "Don't pass one without having three" mean?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the devices that Song used to get men to join the bandit forces. Find three examples of unusual devices that Song uses to get certain men into the stronghold. What is your opinion of his devices? Do you think it is acceptable to trick people, sometimes causing them to become criminals, in order to get them into the group?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the three amnesty offers given to the Liangshan Marsh bandits.
Essay Topic 3
Why was it so important to Song Jiang that he and the others be granted amnesty for their crimes?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)