|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Song Jiang's job in the Jiangzhou prison?
2. How does Mistress Yan keep Song in the room with Poxi?
3. What does Song Jiang give as his name when he is arrested at the lantern festival?
4. What happens to Wu the Elder?
5. How does Wu Song respond to Golden Lotus' advancements?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the old man tell the infant Ren Zong that makes him stop crying?
2. How does Lu Da finally get food when he is at the Waguan Monastery?
3. What does the prefect decide was the cause of the death of the friar and the monk?
4. What happens to Wu Song at Zhang's home?
5. What reasons does Wu Song give Song Jiang that the two should not travel together?
6. Why is Song Jiang arrested at the lantern festival?
7. How does Sun the Witch suggest that Wu Song dress so that he will not be arrested?
8. What does Song Jiang do for the old man who told him the secret of the circular, confusing paths around the Zhu Family Village?
9. Why is Song Jiang arrested at the lantern festival?
10. What do the stewards under Yang Zhi's command decide to tell Governor Liang about the theft of the gifts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the roots of the conflict between the bandits and the Chinese government. Can you pinpoint any one cause of the conflict? How does immorality and perverseness figure into the reasons why the conflict continues to escalate until all of the bandits are either dead or no longer interested in serving in government?
Essay Topic 2
Consider the roles of women as they are presented in this novel. Are women presented in a good light? Are they presented as generally bad people? Are there any heroines in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Li Kui's role in the novel. For what is he known?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)