|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saves Song and Dai from being killed?
2. Which paths does Song Jiang learn will take him safely to the Zhu Family Village?
3. Why won't merchants sell to Song Jiang?
4. Of what does Civilian Commandant Lui's wife accuse Song Jiang?
5. How does Lu Da come to meet Lin Chong?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lu Da's staff.
2. Why is Song Jiang upset with Li Kui after his killing rampage in the Zhu Family Village?
3. What mistake does Wu Yong make on the letter that he sends to Cai Jing?
4. How does Golden Lotus kill Wu Song?
5. Why does Song Jiang kill Poxi?
6. Why can the Ruan Brothers no longer fish near Liangshan Marsh?
7. Why is Lin Chong sent from the prison to the Army fodder depot?
8. What does Song Jiang write on the wall at the Xunyang Pavilion?
9. What does Wang the Third suggest to Chao Gai as a money-making opportunity?
10. Describe Li Kui.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the values of loyalty and brotherhood as they are presented in this novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of superstition in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the ending of the novel. Is the ending satisfactory? What has happened to all of the bandit chieftains? What about the ones who plotted against them?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)