|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Shi Xiu and Yang Xiong decide to take refuge?
2. Who is killed during the attack on Zhu Family Village?
3. What does Wu Song kill?
4. What is Wang Jin's profession?
5. Who has had a dream which he believes is an omen they should steal Governor Liang's gifts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Song Jiang not want to be part of a group of bandits?
2. How does Golden Lotus kill Wu Song?
3. How does Sun the Witch suggest that Wu Song dress so that he will not be arrested?
4. What happens to Li Xing at the end of chapter 50?
5. What happens to Wu Song at Zhang's home?
6. Describe Li Kui.
7. How do Yang Zhi and Lu Da take over Precious Pearl Monastery?
8. What does Lu Da tell the waiter at the Pan family tavern to do?
9. What does Wang the Third suggest to Chao Gai as a money-making opportunity?
10. Briefly describe Song Jiang.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Chao Gai decides to act upon the Red-Haired Demon's suggestion that they steal the birthday gifts intended for Cai the Premier he does so with the rationalization that these gifts were purchased with stolen money so it is not a crime to steal them back. Do you believe this rationalization is solid? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In the conclusion of the novel, who were the ultimate winners? Although the bandits were able to save their country from a formidable foe (the Liaos) they never got the military or governmental honors and prestige they wanted. Write an essay in which you attempt to determine who were the winners of this conflict. Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Trace the transformation of Sagacious Lu's personality through the novel.
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)