|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shi Jin do to save his bandit friends?
2. What can Dai Zong not eat while traveling in his magic style?
3. What happens to Lin Chong at the end of ChapterTen?
4. What does Song Jiang ask the Liangshan Marsh bandits to allow him to do in Chapter Forty-Two?
5. With what weapons do Yang Zhi and Zhou Jin fight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Song Jiang not want to be part of a group of bandits?
2. How does Yang kill Niu Er?
3. What does Lu Da tell the waiter at the Pan family tavern to do?
4. What happens to Wang Jin when he doesn't go to pay his respects to Gao Qui?
5. What does the old man tell the infant Ren Zong that makes him stop crying?
6. What is Lin Chong's punishment for bringing the sword into the inner sanctum?
7. Briefly describe Song Jiang.
8. How does Chao Gai's group trick Yang Zhi's men into letting them steal the gifts?
9. What does the prefect decide was the cause of the death of the friar and the monk?
10. How does Sun the Witch suggest that Wu Song dress so that he will not be arrested?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Li Kui's role in the novel. For what is he known?
Essay Topic 2
Consider the poisoning of Li Kui. Should Song have poisoned Li? Or do you think he should have allowed Li to live and get revenge for the murders of Song and Lu? How does this final action by Song Jiang solidify his personality?
Essay Topic 3
When Chao Gai decides to act upon the Red-Haired Demon's suggestion that they steal the birthday gifts intended for Cai the Premier he does so with the rationalization that these gifts were purchased with stolen money so it is not a crime to steal them back. Do you believe this rationalization is solid? Why or why not?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)