|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the soldiers survive the attack on Liangshan Marsh?
2. What does Shi Xiu show Clever Cloud?
3. How many years in a row were the birthday gifts stolen?
4. How long did the Song Dynasty last?
5. To where is Song Jiang traveling?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Yang kill Niu Er?
2. Why is Song Jiang arrested at the lantern festival?
3. Describe Li Kui.
4. What happens to Li Xing at the end of chapter 50?
5. How does Golden Lotus kill Wu Song?
6. Why has Lord Chai lost some of his fondness for Wu Song?
7. Describe Lu Da's staff.
8. What happens to Wang Jin when he doesn't go to pay his respects to Gao Qui?
9. What mistake does Wu Yong make on the letter that he sends to Cai Jing?
10. What does Song Jiang write on the wall at the Xunyang Pavilion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the role of Inspector Ho in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the roots of the conflict between the bandits and the Chinese government. Can you pinpoint any one cause of the conflict? How does immorality and perverseness figure into the reasons why the conflict continues to escalate until all of the bandits are either dead or no longer interested in serving in government?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the ending of the novel. Is the ending satisfactory? What has happened to all of the bandit chieftains? What about the ones who plotted against them?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)