|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the entrance to Liangshan Marsh disguised as?
2. What does Yang Zhi do when he learns the gifts are gone?
3. What does Li Kui do with the money that Song Jiang gives him?
4. Where do the bandits take Song Jiang after killing the government soldiers?
5. Why will Li Ting not see Song Jiang or accept his gifts.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Song Jiang arrested at the lantern festival?
2. How does Yang kill Niu Er?
3. What does Wang the Third suggest to Chao Gai as a money-making opportunity?
4. What do the stewards under Yang Zhi's command decide to tell Governor Liang about the theft of the gifts?
5. How does Sun the Witch suggest that Wu Song dress so that he will not be arrested?
6. When Liangshan Marsh was first started as a stronghold, what was its purpose?
7. Why has Lord Chai lost some of his fondness for Wu Song?
8. Describe Li Kui.
9. Why does Shi En, the prison guard, treat Wu Song so well while he is in jail?
10. Why is Song Jiang arrested at the lantern festival?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Prepare a character sketch for Gao Qui.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the devices that Song used to get men to join the bandit forces. Find three examples of unusual devices that Song uses to get certain men into the stronghold. What is your opinion of his devices? Do you think it is acceptable to trick people, sometimes causing them to become criminals, in order to get them into the group?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of religion in the novel.
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)