|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much meat does Lu Da tell Zheng he wants to buy?
2. What happens to Lin Chong at the end of ChapterTen?
3. Under what pretense does Wu Song lure the neighbors into his brother's home to witness Golden Lotus' confession?
4. What does Sun Li offer as a gift for being allowed to join the Liangshan Marsh bandits?
5. What does Song Jiang give as his name when he is arrested at the lantern festival?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the stewards under Yang Zhi's command decide to tell Governor Liang about the theft of the gifts?
2. How does Sun the Witch suggest that Wu Song dress so that he will not be arrested?
3. How is Chen Zhu killed?
4. Why is Song Jiang arrested at the lantern festival?
5. What does Wu Song's principal "Don't pass one without having three" mean?
6. Why does Song Jiang kill Poxi?
7. What does Song Jiang do for the old man who told him the secret of the circular, confusing paths around the Zhu Family Village?
8. How does Sun the Witch suggest that Wu Song dress so that he will not be arrested?
9. What does Shao Jun tell Song Jiang?
10. Why is Song Jiang arrested at the lantern festival?
Essay Topic 1
Prepare a character sketch for Gao Qui.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of superstition in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the values of loyalty and brotherhood as they are presented in this novel.
This section contains 1,210 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)