|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gongsun Sheng leave the bandits?
2. What does Song Jiang ask of his brother?
3. Where do Shi Xiu and Yang Xiong decide to take refuge?
4. To what monastery is Lu Da traveling in Chapter Six?
5. What does the monk tell the villagers will repress evil spirits?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chao Gai's group trick Yang Zhi's men into letting them steal the gifts?
2. How does Golden Lotus kill Wu Song?
3. What does Song Jiang do for the old man who told him the secret of the circular, confusing paths around the Zhu Family Village?
4. How does Sun the Witch suggest that Wu Song dress so that he will not be arrested?
5. How do Yang Zhi and Lu Da take over Precious Pearl Monastery?
6. Why does Song Jiang not want to be part of a group of bandits?
7. Why does Song Jiang believe that the Liangshan Marsh bandits will accept them into their group?
8. How does Yang kill Niu Er?
9. Describe Li Kui.
10. What does Song Jiang write on the wall at the Xunyang Pavilion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the role of Inspector Ho in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Prepare a character sketch for Gao Qui.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of superstition in the novel.
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)