|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Ruan brothers think that Wu Yong has come to visit them?
2. To what does Shi Qian set fire?
3. What makes Wu Song believe that his brother might have been killed?
4. How many times do Song Jiang and his forces attack the Zhu Family Village before they are successful?
5. Why do the prison guards not beat Wu Song?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the old man tell the infant Ren Zong that makes him stop crying?
2. What does Song Jiang write on the wall at the Xunyang Pavilion?
3. What reasons does Wu Song give Song Jiang that the two should not travel together?
4. Why does Song Jiang kill Poxi?
5. What does the prefect decide was the cause of the death of the friar and the monk?
6. What does Song Jiang do for the old man who told him the secret of the circular, confusing paths around the Zhu Family Village?
7. What reasons does Wu Song give Song Jiang that the two should not travel together?
8. Why does Song Jiang believe that the Liangshan Marsh bandits will accept them into their group?
9. How do Yang Zhi and Lu Da take over Precious Pearl Monastery?
10. Why does Song Jiang not want to be part of a group of bandits?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Chao Gai decides to act upon the Red-Haired Demon's suggestion that they steal the birthday gifts intended for Cai the Premier he does so with the rationalization that these gifts were purchased with stolen money so it is not a crime to steal them back. Do you believe this rationalization is solid? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Li Kui's role in the novel. For what is he known?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the ending of the novel. Is the ending satisfactory? What has happened to all of the bandit chieftains? What about the ones who plotted against them?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)