|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Mystic Queen give Song Jiang?
2. How many times do Song Jiang and his forces attack the Zhu Family Village before they are successful?
3. How does Chai instruct Wang the Third to refer to him?
4. Who is the only officer who does not come to pay respects to Gao Qui?
5. What does the monk tell the villagers will repress evil spirits?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Song Jiang believe that the Liangshan Marsh bandits will accept them into their group?
2. How does Yang kill Niu Er?
3. When Liangshan Marsh was first started as a stronghold, what was its purpose?
4. Why can the Ruan Brothers no longer fish near Liangshan Marsh?
5. Describe Li Kui.
6. Why does Shi En, the prison guard, treat Wu Song so well while he is in jail?
7. How do Yang Zhi and Lu Da take over Precious Pearl Monastery?
8. How does Golden Lotus kill Wu Song?
9. Why does Song Jiang believe that the Liangshan Marsh bandits will accept them into their group?
10. How does Lu Da finally get food when he is at the Waguan Monastery?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What crimes has Song Jiang committed that cause him to seek refuge in the Liangshan Marsh stronghold?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the ending of the novel. Is the ending satisfactory? What has happened to all of the bandit chieftains? What about the ones who plotted against them?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the values of loyalty and brotherhood as they are presented in this novel.
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)