Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lin Chong, what can't be forgiven?
2. How many years in a row were the birthday gifts stolen?
3. Who asks to see Ward Chief Chao and interrupts his meeting with the Ruan Brothers?
4. Where do the bandits of the Precious Pearl Monastery plan to go?
5. What is the Divine Teacher disguised as?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Song Jiang suggest the bandits fight as they are preparing for attack?
2. What does Wang the Third suggest to Chao Gai as a money-making opportunity?
3. How does Tang Long suggest that the bandits lure Xu Ning to their stronghold so he can teach them to fight with barbed lances?
4. Why do Lei Heng and Wu Young visit Zhu Tong?
5. What does the old man tell the infant Ren Zong that makes him stop crying?
6. How does Coroner Ho know that Wu the Elder has been poisoned?
7. When Liangshan Marsh was first started as a stronghold, what was its purpose?
8. How does Sun the Witch suggest that Wu Song dress so that he will not be arrested?
9. What reasons does Wu Song give Song Jiang that the two should not travel together?
10. What does Song Jiang write on the wall at the Xunyang Pavilion?
Discuss Chao Gai's role in the novel. What did he do before he sought refuge in the stronghold?
Trace the transformation of Sagacious Lu's personality through the novel.
Discuss the roots of the conflict between the bandits and the Chinese government. Can you pinpoint any one cause of the conflict? How does immorality and perverseness figure into the reasons why the conflict continues to escalate until all of the bandits are either dead or no longer interested in serving in government?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)