|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Wang Jin's profession?
2. What medicine does Wu the Elder believe he is being given?
3. What types of people does Liangshan Marsh accept?
4. What does Lin Chong do to the two men who set him up?
5. What does the prefect do to encourage Ho Tao to find those who stole the birthday gifts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Song Jiang do to memorialize Song Wan?
2. How was the commanding general of the seven cavalry troops in the Liao army dressed?
3. What does Shao Jun tell Song Jiang?
4. How is Chen Zhu killed?
5. Why does Song Jiang believe that the Liangshan Marsh bandits will accept them into their group?
6. What does Song Jiang write on the wall at the Xunyang Pavilion?
7. How does Yan Qing keep Li Shishi from going too far in her advancements?
8. How do Yang Zhi and Lu Da take over Precious Pearl Monastery?
9. What does the old man tell the infant Ren Zong that makes him stop crying?
10. What happens to Li Xing at the end of chapter 50?
Essay Topic 1
In the conclusion of the novel, who were the ultimate winners? Although the bandits were able to save their country from a formidable foe (the Liaos) they never got the military or governmental honors and prestige they wanted. Write an essay in which you attempt to determine who were the winners of this conflict. Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of the number 108 in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the poisoning of Li Kui. Should Song have poisoned Li? Or do you think he should have allowed Li to live and get revenge for the murders of Song and Lu? How does this final action by Song Jiang solidify his personality?
This section contains 1,245 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)