|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 23, who does Song Jiang request be seated at the head of the table?
2. What does Lin Chong do to the two men who set him up?
3. Where does Chai Jin send Lin?
4. Where does Lin Chong meet Chai Jin?
5. Why will Li Ting not see Song Jiang or accept his gifts.
Short Essay Questions
1. What reasons does Wu Song give Song Jiang that the two should not travel together?
2. What do the stewards under Yang Zhi's command decide to tell Governor Liang about the theft of the gifts?
3. Why does Shi En, the prison guard, treat Wu Song so well while he is in jail?
4. What does the old man tell the infant Ren Zong that makes him stop crying?
5. How does Lu Da finally get food when he is at the Waguan Monastery?
6. How does Wu Song become a constable in Qinche?
7. Why can the Ruan Brothers no longer fish near Liangshan Marsh?
8. What mistake does Wu Yong make on the letter that he sends to Cai Jing?
9. Why is Song Jiang upset with Li Kui after his killing rampage in the Zhu Family Village?
10. What happens to Li Xing at the end of chapter 50?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the poisoning of Li Kui. Should Song have poisoned Li? Or do you think he should have allowed Li to live and get revenge for the murders of Song and Lu? How does this final action by Song Jiang solidify his personality?
Essay Topic 2
When Chao Gai decides to act upon the Red-Haired Demon's suggestion that they steal the birthday gifts intended for Cai the Premier he does so with the rationalization that these gifts were purchased with stolen money so it is not a crime to steal them back. Do you believe this rationalization is solid? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of superstition in the novel.
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)