|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Poxi give for being angry at Song?
2. How many white spots does Yang Zhi have after the fight?
3. Where do the bandits of the Precious Pearl Monastery plan to go?
4. Why can the waiter at Pipa Pavilion not serve any fresh fish?
5. Which paths does Song Jiang learn will take him safely to the Zhu Family Village?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Wu Song at Zhang's home?
2. Describe Lu Da's staff.
3. What does Lu Da tell the waiter at the Pan family tavern to do?
4. How do Yang Zhi and Lu Da take over Precious Pearl Monastery?
5. How does Lu Da finally get food when he is at the Waguan Monastery?
6. How does Chao Gai's group trick Yang Zhi's men into letting them steal the gifts?
7. What mistake does Wu Yong make on the letter that he sends to Cai Jing?
8. Why has Lord Chai lost some of his fondness for Wu Song?
9. When Liangshan Marsh was first started as a stronghold, what was its purpose?
10. What does the old man tell the infant Ren Zong that makes him stop crying?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of superstition in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Prepare a character sketch for Gao Qui.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the values of loyalty and brotherhood as they are presented in this novel.
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)