|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what pretense does Wu Song lure the neighbors into his brother's home to witness Golden Lotus' confession?
2. What types of people does Liangshan Marsh accept?
3. Why do the robbers decide not to kill Song Jiang?
4. What does Sun Li offer as a gift for being allowed to join the Liangshan Marsh bandits?
5. Which of these is not a place that Song Jiang considers a safe escape from his pursuers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the prefect decide was the cause of the death of the friar and the monk?
2. How does Coroner Ho know that Wu the Elder has been poisoned?
3. Why is Song Jiang arrested at the lantern festival?
4. What reasons does Wu Song give Song Jiang that the two should not travel together?
5. Describe Li Kui.
6. What does Wang the Third suggest to Chao Gai as a money-making opportunity?
7. What does Song Jiang do for the old man who told him the secret of the circular, confusing paths around the Zhu Family Village?
8. Why does Shi En, the prison guard, treat Wu Song so well while he is in jail?
9. How does Wu Song become a constable in Qinche?
10. What does Lu Da tell the waiter at the Pan family tavern to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Chao Gai's role in the novel. What did he do before he sought refuge in the stronghold?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of the number 108 in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the role of Inspector Ho in the novel.
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)