|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Wu Song believe that his brother might have been killed?
2. With what weapons do Yang Zhi and Zhou Jin fight?
3. Who put the poison in the wine?
4. Why can the waiter at Pipa Pavilion not serve any fresh fish?
5. What does Song Jiang ask of his brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Liangshan Marsh was first started as a stronghold, what was its purpose?
2. Why is Lin Chong sent from the prison to the Army fodder depot?
3. How do Yang Zhi and Lu Da take over Precious Pearl Monastery?
4. What does Wang the Third suggest to Chao Gai as a money-making opportunity?
5. How does Yang kill Niu Er?
6. What does Lu Da tell the waiter at the Pan family tavern to do?
7. How does Golden Lotus kill Wu Song?
8. How does Sun the Witch suggest that Wu Song dress so that he will not be arrested?
9. What reasons does Wu Song give Song Jiang that the two should not travel together?
10. How does Sun the Witch suggest that Wu Song dress so that he will not be arrested?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the roots of the conflict between the bandits and the Chinese government. Can you pinpoint any one cause of the conflict? How does immorality and perverseness figure into the reasons why the conflict continues to escalate until all of the bandits are either dead or no longer interested in serving in government?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of the number 108 in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Li Kui's role in the novel. For what is he known?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)