|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the prefect do to encourage Ho Tao to find those who stole the birthday gifts?
2. Why does Gongsun Sheng leave the bandits?
3. To what does Shi Qian set fire?
4. Who has had a dream which he believes is an omen they should steal Governor Liang's gifts?
5. Which of these is not a place that Song Jiang considers a safe escape from his pursuers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the stewards under Yang Zhi's command decide to tell Governor Liang about the theft of the gifts?
2. How does Golden Lotus kill Wu Song?
3. When Liangshan Marsh was first started as a stronghold, what was its purpose?
4. Why does Lu Da kill Zheng?
5. What does Song Jiang do for the old man who told him the secret of the circular, confusing paths around the Zhu Family Village?
6. How do Yang Zhi and Lu Da take over Precious Pearl Monastery?
7. How does Sun the Witch suggest that Wu Song dress so that he will not be arrested?
8. What happens to Li Xing at the end of chapter 50?
9. What does Wang the Third suggest to Chao Gai as a money-making opportunity?
10. How does Wu Song become a constable in Qinche?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Chao Gai decides to act upon the Red-Haired Demon's suggestion that they steal the birthday gifts intended for Cai the Premier he does so with the rationalization that these gifts were purchased with stolen money so it is not a crime to steal them back. Do you believe this rationalization is solid? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Li Kui's role in the novel. For what is he known?
Essay Topic 3
Consider the role of Inspector Ho in the novel.
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)