|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the amount of the gift that Song's prison superintendent expected?
2. Who put the poison in the wine?
3. What was Mistress Wang's punishment for her part in Wu the Elder's murder?
4. What does the monk tell the villagers will repress evil spirits?
5. What medicine does Wu the Elder believe he is being given?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Song Jiang give Li Kui poisoned wine?
2. How does the mystic queen tell Song he must defeat the Zodiac Deployment?
3. What does Song Jiang do to memorialize Song Wan?
4. How does Sun the Witch suggest that Wu Song dress so that he will not be arrested?
5. What happens to Li Xing at the end of chapter 50?
6. Why do the officials decide to go ahead with the yearly lantern festival?
7. Describe Lu Da's staff.
8. How does Yang kill Niu Er?
9. What happens to Wu Song at Zhang's home?
10. What does Song Jiang decide to do in order to celebrate the completion of the 108 chieftains?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Prepare a character sketch for Gao Qui.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Chao Gai's role in the novel. What did he do before he sought refuge in the stronghold?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Li Kui's role in the novel. For what is he known?
This section contains 1,238 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)