|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ho Qing say he has the robbers?
2. Who becomes leader of Liangshan Marsh?
3. What does Song Jiang ask of his brother?
4. Why does Lin Chong leave the shack at the depot?
5. How many demons are locked in the Suppression of Demons Hall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reasons does Wu Song give Song Jiang that the two should not travel together?
2. How does Yang kill Niu Er?
3. How does Sun the Witch suggest that Wu Song dress so that he will not be arrested?
4. What does Lu Da tell the waiter at the Pan family tavern to do?
5. Briefly describe Song Jiang.
6. How does Sun the Witch suggest that Wu Song dress so that he will not be arrested?
7. Why can the Ruan Brothers no longer fish near Liangshan Marsh?
8. Why is Song Jiang arrested at the lantern festival?
9. Why does Song Jiang not want to be part of a group of bandits?
10. What happens to Wang Jin when he doesn't go to pay his respects to Gao Qui?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Chao Gai's role in the novel. What did he do before he sought refuge in the stronghold?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of superstition in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the roots of the conflict between the bandits and the Chinese government. Can you pinpoint any one cause of the conflict? How does immorality and perverseness figure into the reasons why the conflict continues to escalate until all of the bandits are either dead or no longer interested in serving in government?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)