|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Shi Qian set fire?
2. Where do the bandits take Song Jiang after killing the government soldiers?
3. What is not something that Wu Song does not ask from Jiang?
4. Who asks to see Ward Chief Chao and interrupts his meeting with the Ruan Brothers?
5. Who takes Wang the Stumpy Tiger captive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the officials decide to go ahead with the yearly lantern festival?
2. What does Shao Jun tell Song Jiang?
3. How does Chao Gai's group trick Yang Zhi's men into letting them steal the gifts?
4. What does Song Jiang write on the wall at the Xunyang Pavilion?
5. What does Wang the Third suggest to Chao Gai as a money-making opportunity?
6. Why is Song Jiang upset with Li Kui after his killing rampage in the Zhu Family Village?
7. How is Chen Zhu killed?
8. What does Guan Sheng propose he do for the bandits as his entrance gift?
9. How does Lu Da finally get food when he is at the Waguan Monastery?
10. Briefly describe Song Jiang.
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the three amnesty offers given to the Liangshan Marsh bandits.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the role of Inspector Ho in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the values of loyalty and brotherhood as they are presented in this novel.
This section contains 1,292 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)