|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is not one of the gifts given to the Liangshan Marsh bandits by the emperor along with the amnesty decree?
(a) One hundred good horses.
(b) Thirty-six slabs of gold.
(c) Seventy-two slabs of silver.
(d) Seventy-two bolts of green satin.
2. How many chieftains are present at the Liangshan Marsh stronghold at the opening of Chapter Seventy-one?
3. Why is Song Jiang not allowed to lead the attack on the Northern Capital?
(a) He is in prison.
(b) The bandits have kicked him out of their group.
(c) The bandits prefer to be led by Wu Yong.
(d) His wound has not yet healed.
4. How do the local people feel about Fang La?
(a) They honor him.
(b) They hate him.
(c) They respect him.
(d) They fear him.
5. Which Ruan brother is piloting the boat that carries the Imperial wine?
(a) The fifth.
(b) The seventh.
(c) The first.
(d) The third.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Li Kui to do if Wu Yong shakes his head?
2. Which of his chieftains is Song Jiang forced to kill as punishment?
3. What kind of weapon does Tang Long suggest that the Liangshan Marsh bandits use?
4. Where is Lord Chai found?
5. What spirit saved Song Jiang?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Song Jiang do to memorialize Song Wan?
2. How is the plan that Tong Guan, Cai Jing, Gao Qui and Yang Jian devise to do away with the Liangshan Marsh bandits thwarted?
3. Why does Song Jiang give Li Kui poisoned wine?
4. Under what stipulations is Li Kui allowed to go with Wu Yong to persuade Lu Junyi to join the bandits?
5. What does the "fortune teller" tell Lu Junyi about his future?
6. How does Yan Qing keep Li Shishi from going too far in her advancements?
7. What does Shao Jun tell Song Jiang?
8. How does Song Jiang suggest the bandits fight as they are preparing for attack?
9. Why do the officials decide to go ahead with the yearly lantern festival?
10. How is Chen Zhu killed?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)