|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is captured by the Liangshan Marsh bandits during the battles in Chapter Fifty-five?
(a) Song Jiang.
(b) Huyan Zhuo.
(c) Peng Qi.
(d) Han Tao.
2. How does one of the bandits pass himself off as Marshal Su?
(a) By pretending to be sick.
(b) By hiding his face.
(c) By dying his hair.
(d) By disfiguring himself.
3. Who does Song Jiang use to trick the people of Qingzhou into opening the city gates?
(a) Kong Ming.
(b) Lu Da.
(d) Marshal Gao.
4. Who does the emperor send with the third amnesty decree?
(a) Marshal Su.
(b) Gao Qui.
(c) Dai Zong.
(d) Yan Qing.
5. What spirit saved Song Jiang?
(a) The Mystic Queen.
(b) A Dragon Spirit.
(c) His father's spirit.
(d) The Spirit of Chao Gai.
6. Who is put in charge of Shi Xiu and Lu the Magnate when they are imprisoned in the Northern Capital?
(a) Cai Fu.
(b) Cai Qing.
(c) Governor Liang.
(d) Marshal Gao.
7. What is not one of the gifts given to the Liangshan Marsh bandits by the emperor along with the amnesty decree?
(a) Thirty-six slabs of gold.
(b) Seventy-two slabs of silver.
(c) One hundred good horses.
(d) Seventy-two bolts of green satin.
8. How many men does Xu Ning teach to use the barbed lance?
(a) 200 - 300.
(b) 100 - 200.
(c) 700 - 900.
(d) 500 - 700.
9. Who tries on Fang La's fine clothes?
(a) Ruan the Third.
(b) Li Kui.
(c) Lu Da.
(d) Ruan the Seventh.
10. How does Wu Yong suggest to Song Jiang that they take Hangzhou?
(a) By direct confrontation.
(b) By force.
(c) By guile.
(d) With patience.
11. Why does Lei Heng kill Xiuying?
(a) Because she makes fun of him.
(b) Because she is mean to his mother.
(c) Because she has him arrested.
(d) Because she doesn't sing well.
12. Under what does Shi Qian hide his equipment used to start the fire?
(a) His cloak.
(b) Lanterns for sale.
(c) Ladies' hair ornaments.
(d) A Taoist's robe.
13. How does Shi Qian get into the Northern Capital?
(a) He climbs over the walls.
(b) He disguises himself as a beggar.
(c) He walks through the open gate.
(d) He tunnels under the wall.
14. What position do the Song forces use that the Tartan general recognizes?
(a) Four Elephants.
(b) The Nine-Unit Octagon.
(c) The Great Monad and Three Powers.
(d) Revolving Octagon.
15. What kind of boats do Ye Chun suggest Gao use during his next attack on the bandits?
(a) Motor boats.
(b) Row boats.
(c) Sail boats.
(d) Paddle boats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Song become angry with Yan Qing?
2. Who captures Fang La?
3. What word is inscribed on Dai Zong's flag?
4. What does Zhu Tong demand be done before he will go to the Liangshan Marsh stronghold?
5. Who had secretly made up his mind to surrender to Song's forces?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)