|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who put the poison in the wine?
(a) Wu Yong.
(b) Bai Sheng.
(c) Chao Gai.
(d) Liu Tang.
2. What are Chao Gai and his men disguised as?
3. What is Master Wang selling when he discovers the dead monk?
4. What is a prisoner's tattoo called?
(a) The silver star.
(b) The mark of the beast.
(c) The golden print.
(d) The brand.
5. Why do the Ruan brothers think that Wu Yong has come to visit them?
(a) To buy beef.
(b) To buy a boat.
(c) To get a teaching job.
(d) To buy fish.
6. What job is Lu Da given in the new monastery?
(a) Pulling up trees.
(b) Working in the vegetable garden.
(c) Guarding treasure.
(d) Burning incense.
7. What is Wu Song given before he leaves Squire Kong's manor?
(a) A new pilgrim's robe.
(b) A new rosary.
(c) A traveling partner.
(d) A new set of knives.
8. What medicine does Wu the Elder believe he is being given?
(a) Stomach medicine.
(b) Heart medicine.
(c) Nerve medicine.
(d) Blood pressure medicine.
9. What does the monk tell the villagers will repress evil spirits?
(a) A temple of black stone.
(b) A pagoda of white stone.
(c) A temple of white stone.
(d) A pagoda of black stone.
10. What does Shi Xiu show Clever Cloud?
(a) A knife.
(b) The clothes of Hai the preceptor and the friar.
(c) A spear.
(d) The hearts of the monk and the friar.
11. How does Inspector Ho's wife suggest he will know something is suspicious about Wu the Elder's death?
(a) If the wife has the body cremated.
(b) If the wife starts dating another man.
(c) If the wife leaves the body unburied until Wu Song comes home.
(d) If the wife buries the body.
12. Who takes Song Jiang to view the lanterns?
(a) Hua Rong.
(b) An unnamed escort.
(c) Lu Da.
(d) Wu Song.
13. For what event does Master Pan want Shi Xiu to help him arrange a celebration?
(a) The third anniversary of his daughter's death.
(b) The second anniversary of Master Pan's business.
(c) The marriage of his daughter to Pei Ruhai.
(d) The second anniversary of Wang the Scribe's death.
14. How much meat does Lu Da tell Zheng he wants to buy?
(a) Fifteen pounds.
(b) Ten catties.
(c) Ten pounds.
(d) Two catties.
15. According to Lin Chong, what can't be forgiven?
Short Answer Questions
1. With what sentence are Song Jiang and Dai Zong punished in Chapter Forty?
2. What happens to Li Kui's mother?
3. What types of people does Liangshan Marsh accept?
4. Who is the first person to read Song's poem?
5. Who tells Wu the Elder about his wife's lover?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)