|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many white spots does Yang Zhi have after the fight?
(c) Too many to count.
2. During what dynasty was this novel written?
(a) The Song Dynasty.
(b) The Whang Dynasty.
(c) The Wu Dynasty.
(d) The Chong Dynasty.
3. Where do the bandits take Song Jiang after killing the government soldiers?
(a) To the Jingzhou Prison.
(b) Squire Mu's Manor.
(c) The Liangshan Marsh stronghold.
(d) Chao Gai's Manor.
4. Which of these names do not belong to one of the three Ruan brothers?
(a) Devil Incarnate.
(b) Recklessly Rash.
(c) Lumbering Ogre.
(d) Ferocious Giant.
5. To what does Shi Qian set fire?
(a) The Xio Family Inn.
(b) The Zhu Family Inn.
(c) Liangshan Marsh stronghold.
(d) Precious Pearl Monastery.
6. Who becomes leader of Liangshan Marsh?
(a) Chao Gai.
(b) Wu Yong.
(c) Song Wan.
(d) Lin Chong.
7. What does Mistress Yang suggest be done with Wu the Elder's corpse?
(a) That it be dropped in a well.
(b) That it be buried at sea.
(c) That it be buried.
(d) That it be cremated.
8. To where does Zhang Qing suggest that Wu Song go to escape punishment for the murders he has committed?
(a) Precious Pearl Monastery.
(b) Happy Grove.
(c) Liangshan Marsh.
(d) Lord Chai's home.
9. What is Song Jiang's job in the Jiangzhou prison?
10. Who is the only person in Jizhou who realizes what really happened to the friar and monk?
(a) Yang Xiong.
(c) Master Pan.
(d) The prefect.
11. Why do the robbers decide not to kill Song Jiang?
(a) The robbers recognize him.
(b) He shows a secret sign.
(c) He demonstrates his skill with a staff.
(d) He tells them who he is.
12. What food makes Song Jiang sick?
(a) The beef.
(b) The fresh fish.
(c) The pork.
(d) The mutton.
13. How many of the soldiers survive the attack on Liangshan Marsh?
(a) More than half.
14. Who causes trouble for Lin Chong's wife in the temple?
(a) Young master Gao.
(b) The monks.
(c) Lu Da.
(d) Her maidservants.
15. Why do the Ruan brothers think that Wu Yong has come to visit them?
(a) To buy beef.
(b) To get a teaching job.
(c) To buy a boat.
(d) To buy fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yang plan to sell for money?
2. What are Chao Gai and his men disguised as?
3. Why does Gongsun Sheng leave the bandits?
4. To what monastery is Lu Da traveling in Chapter Six?
5. What does the monk tell the villagers will repress evil spirits?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)