|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What monastery do Yang Zhi and Lu Da decide to try to overtake?
(a) Great Xiangguo.
(b) Wild Boar.
(c) Precious Pearl.
2. Who put the poison in the wine?
(a) Bai Sheng.
(b) Wu Yong.
(c) Liu Tang.
(d) Chao Gai.
3. What happens to Wu the Elder?
(a) Wu Song kills him.
(b) He gets a lover.
(c) He runs away.
(d) Golden Lotus kills him.
4. What name is given to Lu Da at the monastery?
5. What is not one condition that Song Jiang tells Li Kui to follow if he wants to go after his mother?
(a) Li Kui is not to drink during the trip.
(b) Li Kui is to stay with his traveling companions.
(c) Li Kui is to leave his battle axes.
(d) Li Kui is to go alone.
6. What does Shi Xiu show Clever Cloud?
(a) A spear.
(b) The clothes of Hai the preceptor and the friar.
(c) The hearts of the monk and the friar.
(d) A knife.
7. What does Lin Chong promise to do when he finds the ancient temple in Chapter Nine?
(a) Repair the temple.
(b) Say prayers there.
(c) Burn paper money there.
(d) Burn incense there.
8. For what event does Master Pan want Shi Xiu to help him arrange a celebration?
(a) The second anniversary of Wang the Scribe's death.
(b) The second anniversary of Master Pan's business.
(c) The third anniversary of his daughter's death.
(d) The marriage of his daughter to Pei Ruhai.
9. What does Li Kui do with the money that Song Jiang gives him?
(a) Redeems his ingot.
(b) Loses it on the street.
(c) Loses it gambling.
(d) Puts it in the bank.
10. Why do the robbers decide not to kill Song Jiang?
(a) He demonstrates his skill with a staff.
(b) He shows a secret sign.
(c) He tells them who he is.
(d) The robbers recognize him.
11. How does Old Jin save Lu Da?
(a) He hides him in his home.
(b) He encourages him to join the bandits.
(c) He pleads his case before a judge.
(d) He has him sent to a monastery.
12. What does Mistress Yang suggest be done with Wu the Elder's corpse?
(a) That it be dropped in a well.
(b) That it be cremated.
(c) That it be buried.
(d) That it be buried at sea.
13. What happens to Lin Chong at the end of ChapterTen?
(a) He is given a pardon.
(b) He is captured by vassals.
(c) He is captured by Marshal Gao.
(d) He goes back to prison.
14. What does Song Jiang ask of his brother?
(a) Song Jiang asks his brother to bring his father to come visit him.
(b) Song Jiang asks his brother to take care of their father.
(c) Song Jiang asks his brother to send him money.
(d) Song Jiang asks his brother to come visit him.
15. How many white spots does Yang Zhi have after the fight?
(d) Too many to count.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the Song Dynasty last?
2. What do the boys in the temple call Song Jiang?
3. What is in the dumplings served at the tavern near Mengzhou Hill Road?
4. Who asks to see Ward Chief Chao and interrupts his meeting with the Ruan Brothers?
5. Where do Shi Xiu and Yang Xiong decide to take refuge?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)