Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day does Pat Conroy enjoy on the river?
2. How high is the basketball basket on Yamacraw Island?
3. In Chapter 8, how does Pat Conroy confront the school administration?
4. What do the boys wear to graduation?
5. How do the students feel about Mrs. Brown?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the hypocrisy of those who claim to be good religious folks in "The Water is Wide."
Essay Topic 2
Although the Halloween trip to South Carolina is a wonderful experience for the children of Yamacraw, Pat Conroy and his friends create a false reality of race relations for the children on their visit. Based on this, write a brief essay taking a stand that the Halloween experience is either good or bad for the children, citing examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay examining the idea of violence as a part of the culture on Yamacraw Island.
1) Why are the people violent?
2) Who are they violent towards?
3) How does this violence add to their oppression?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)