Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day does Pat Conroy enjoy on the river?
2. How high is the basketball basket on Yamacraw Island?
3. In Chapter 8, how does Pat Conroy confront the school administration?
4. What do the boys wear to graduation?
5. How do the students feel about Mrs. Brown?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay supporting or refuting the following statement, citing examples from the text: Mrs. Brown abuses her power at the school on Yamacraw Island.
Essay Topic 2
Create an argument for or against the following statement, citing examples from the text: Pat Conroy fails to set an example against racism on Yamacraw Island.
Essay Topic 3
Write a brief essay analyzing the way some whites are willing to be taken advantage of in "The Water is Wide", simply to prove they are against racism.
1) Who are some of the whites taken advantage of in "The Water is Wide?"
2) Why do they allow this happen?
3) How does their behavior effect the blacks on Yamacraw Island?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)