|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Mrs. Brown angry during the collage making in Chapter 7?
2. In Chapter 12, who does Pat Conroy label "predictably mediocre?"
3. What does Pat Conroy do to try and keep his job?
4. After Pat Conroy's river rides, his feet would turn what color?
5. In Chapter 12, Pat Conroy sees what version of the South rising?
Essay Topic 1
Create a personality portrait of Pat Conroy.
1) What does he look like physically?
2) What is his history?
2) What does he plan to accomplish at Yamacraw?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the relationships between whites and blacks during the time period of "The Water is Wide."
1) What time period is it and what is happening politically in the United States?
2) How do whites feel about blacks?
3) How do blacks feel about whites?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay supporting or refuting the following statement, citing examples from the text: Mrs. Brown abuses her power at the school on Yamacraw Island.
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)