|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, Mrs. Barnwell tries to take what back from Pat Conroy?
2. Who hangs the shocking pictures on the board in Chapter 7?
3. Why does Dr. Piedmont object to Pat Conroy's use of gas for the boat?
4. What does Carol Ann do to convince the students she is a witch?
5. Who is against taking the students to Washington D.C.?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Pat Conroy's relationship with Zeke Skimberry.
1) Describe Zeke.
2) Analyze Zeke's appeal to Pat Conroy.
3) Analyze what both men gain from their friendship.
Essay Topic 2
Create an argument for or against the following statement, citing examples from the text: Pat Conroy fails to set an example against racism on Yamacraw Island.
Essay Topic 3
Create a personality portrait of Pat Conroy.
1) What does he look like physically?
2) What is his history?
2) What does he plan to accomplish at Yamacraw?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)