Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day does Pat Conroy enjoy on the river?
2. How high is the basketball basket on Yamacraw Island?
3. In Chapter 8, how does Pat Conroy confront the school administration?
4. What do the boys wear to graduation?
5. How do the students feel about Mrs. Brown?
Write an essay analyzing the acceptance of racism on Yamacraw Island.
Create an argument for or against the intelligence of the children on Yamacraw Island, citing examples from the text.
Create a detailed portrait of the educational opportunities offered to the blacks on Yamacraw island.
1) What is the state of education?
2) What public resources are available, and are they ironic?
3) How can the residents of Yamacraw put into practice the education they receive?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)