|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pat Conroy challenges the troublemakers in class to what sport?
(a) Arm wrestling.
2. Jasper is confused by what, at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) The shape of his head.
(b) Why people like vegetables.
(c) Paying for a bus.
(d) Lines on the road.
3. What method of physical control does Pat Conroy introduce in class?
(a) "Flying the scout."
(b) "Milking the rat."
(c) "Shooting the crow."
(d) "Choking the cat."
4. What do the boys wear to graduation?
(b) Dark blue suits.
(c) Black suits.
(d) Blue jeans.
5. How many of the island mothers plan to attend the board meeting to save Pat Conroy?
(d) All of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Dr. Piedmont what discipline is available for Pat Conroy other than dismissal ?
2. The islanders fear what, if Pat Conroy no longer teaches on the island?
3. What happens in January that hasn't happened on Yamacraw Island since 1952?
4. Who hangs the shocking pictures on the board in Chapter 7?
5. In Chapter 8, the administration fights with Pat Conroy about what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of relationship does Mrs. Brown have with her students?
2. Why is Mrs. Brown against the kids taking a trip to Washington D.C.?
3. What is Pat Conroy struggling with at the beginning of Chapter 10?
4. How does Pat Conroy's popularity as a teacher affect Mrs. Brown?
5. Why do the people on Yamacraw Island drink?
6. By Chapter 11, why might the neighbors object to Pat Conroy and Barbara?
7. How is Mrs. Brown affected by the power of being principal?
8. What method of teaching does Pat Conroy claim to use to appease Mrs. Brown?
9. Why does Pat Conroy want to get along with Mrs. Brown?
10. How does Pat Conroy pay for the trip to Washington D.C. and why?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)