|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, how does Pat Conroy confront the school administration?
(a) Parent intervention.
(b) Angry letters.
(c) Editorial columns.
(d) Angry phone calls.
2. What does Carol Ann do to convince the students she is a witch?
(a) She lights a fire.
(b) She flies.
(c) Magic tricks.
(d) She claims to have visited the spirit world.
3. In what city does Saul go to the bathroom on a public street?
(c) Myrtle Beach.
4. Prior to the Washington D.C. trip, who announces she is pregnant?
(b) Cindy Lou.
(c) Mrs. Brown.
5. In the spring, what luxury is given to the school house?
(a) Running water.
(b) Flower planting.
(c) Air conditioning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pat Conroy challenges the troublemakers in class to what sport?
2. Pat Conroy feels what issue is changing the South during The Water is Wide?
3. How did Pat Conroy feel about the kids on Yamacraw Island?
4. Pat Conroy feels he is fighting against what at the school?
5. How many of the island mothers plan to attend the board meeting to save Pat Conroy?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)