|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pat Conroy want to teach kids during the summer?
(b) How to swim.
(c) How to ride a bike.
2. What happens in January that hasn't happened on Yamacraw Island since 1952?
(a) The fish start migrating.
(b) The oysters are edible.
(c) The river floods the town.
(d) A bad cold spell.
3. How did Pat Conroy feel about the kids on Yamacraw Island?
(a) He was jealous of them.
(b) He liked them.
(c) He was afraid of them.
(d) He despised them.
4. What book reminds Pat Conroy of his animal infestation in Chapter 8?
(b) The Scarlett Letter.
(d) Little House on the Prairie.
5. Yamacraw visitor Dick is from what city?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Howard Sedgwick give Pat Conroy in Chapter 11?
2. What does Pat Conroy raise money for by working at the Desegregation Center?
3. In Chapter 11, what does the board meeting agree to do for Pat Conroy?
4. In Chapter 12, Pat Conroy realizes who wants acceptance from whites?
5. What does Ted Stone accuse Steve McQueen of being?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the people on Yamacraw Island drink?
2. What type of relationship does Mrs. Brown have with her students?
3. What method of teaching does Pat Conroy claim to use to appease Mrs. Brown?
4. How is Mrs. Brown affected by the power of being principal?
5. Why were some people in Washington D.C. surprised by the children of Yamacraw Island?
6. Why is Mrs. Brown against the kids taking a trip to Washington D.C.?
7. Why does Pat Conroy get fired at the beginning of Chapter 11?
8. Why does Pat Conroy lose his job permanently?
9. What does Pat Conroy talk about in front of the school board in Chapter 11?
10. By Chapter 11, why might the neighbors object to Pat Conroy and Barbara?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)