|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pat Conroy want to teach kids during the summer?
(a) How to ride a bike.
(b) How to swim.
2. What sport does Peter teach the kids of Yamacraw Island?
(a) Ping pong.
3. What are the kids most excited about in Washington D.C.?
(a) A museum.
(b) The park.
(c) The White House.
(d) The zoo.
4. How many straps does Mrs. Brown carry with her?
5. Who is the first parent to give permission for the Washington D.C. trip?
(a) Prophet's mother.
(b) Cindy Lou's mother.
(c) Top Cat's father.
(d) Carolina's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What derogatory name was Dr. Piedmont called as a kid?
2. Which Italian character sang as part of his lesson to the kids?
3. In the spring, what luxury is given to the school house?
4. In Chapter 8, Pat Conroy does what at the meeting with Bennington?
5. What does Pat Conroy raise money for by working at the Desegregation Center?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Brown always mention she is part Cherokee Indian?
2. What is Pat Conroy struggling with at the beginning of Chapter 10?
3. Why were some people in Washington D.C. surprised by the children of Yamacraw Island?
4. Why does Pat Conroy decide to commute to the island?
5. Why does Pat Conroy allow teachers from the mainland into his classroom?
6. How is Mrs. Brown affected by the power of being principal?
7. What does Pat Conroy realize at the end of Chapter 8?
8. Why does Pat Conroy want to get along with Mrs. Brown?
9. In Chapter 8, why does the administration refuse to let Pat Conroy speak at the school board meeting?
10. Why is domestic violence common on the island?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)