|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pat Conroy challenges the troublemakers in class to what sport?
(d) Arm wrestling.
2. What news does Howard Sedgwick give Pat Conroy in Chapter 11?
(a) He gets a raise.
(b) The oysters are edible.
(c) His wife is pregnant.
(d) He is fired.
3. In Chapter 8, the administration fights with Pat Conroy about what?
(a) Assigning Mrs. Brown as principal.
(b) His request for better supplies.
(c) The test scores of the students.
(d) The gasoline bill for the commuter boat.
4. What sport does Peter teach the kids of Yamacraw Island?
(d) Ping pong.
5. What derogatory name was Dr. Piedmont called as a kid?
(a) Bow legs.
(b) Lint head.
(c) Rat tail.
(d) Rash face.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Piedmont object to Pat Conroy's use of gas for the boat?
2. The judge rules the school board has "the power to fire any teacher considered" ______?
3. After Pat Conroy's river rides, his feet would turn what color?
4. In Chapter 8, how does Pat Conroy confront the school administration?
5. How many straps does Mrs. Brown carry with her?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)