|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do Pat Conroy and Barbara get married?
2. Why does Pat Conroy sometimes travel the river in bad weather?
(a) To show off.
(b) He likes the risk.
(c) He loves the cold weather.
(d) To prove it can be done.
3. What happens in January that hasn't happened on Yamacraw Island since 1952?
(a) The river floods the town.
(b) The oysters are edible.
(c) A bad cold spell.
(d) The fish start migrating.
4. How do the students feel about Mrs. Brown?
(a) They respect her.
(b) They hate her.
(c) They love her.
(d) They think she's funny.
5. Barbara invites the girls to her house for what holiday?
(a) May Day.
(b) St. Patrick's Day.
(c) Valentine's Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ted Stone accuse Steve McQueen of being?
2. In Chapter 11, what does the board meeting agree to do for Pat Conroy?
3. In Chapter 12, who does Pat Conroy label "predictably mediocre?"
4. In Chapter 8, how does Pat Conroy confront the school administration?
5. Zeke jokes Pat Conroy should be careful of what, in the cold?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)