|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, Pat Conroy thinks what held him back from helping Yamacraw kids?
(b) His lack of interest.
(c) His financial situation.
(d) His ego.
2. Yamacraw visitor Dick is from what city?
(c) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
3. What do the students give Zeke at graduation?
(a) "The Family Man."
(b) A flask.
(c) "The Island Warrior."
(d) "The Bible."
4. The judge rules the school board has "the power to fire any teacher considered" ______?
5. What makes Mrs. Brown angry during the collage making in Chapter 7?
(a) There was a mouse in the magazines.
(b) The kids were great artists.
(c) The kids used a naked photo.
(d) The kids ate glue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Howard Sedgwick give Pat Conroy in Chapter 11?
2. What derogatory name was Dr. Piedmont called as a kid?
3. Why does Pat Conroy write The Water is Wide?
4. In Chapter 12, Pat Conroy sees what version of the South rising?
5. What does Pat Conroy want to teach kids during the summer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Brown against the kids taking a trip to Washington D.C.?
2. Why does Pat Conroy get fired at the beginning of Chapter 11?
3. What type of relationship does Mrs. Brown have with her students?
4. What is the reaction of the children to the domestic violence on the island?
5. How is Mrs. Brown affected by the power of being principal?
6. Why does Mrs. Brown carry a gun?
7. What is Pat Conroy struggling with at the beginning of Chapter 10?
8. What does Pat Conroy talk about in front of the school board in Chapter 11?
9. Why is Mrs. Brown's reaction to Prophet hanging from the water tank in the bathroom shocking?
10. How does Mrs. Brown feel about the blacks on Yamacraw Island?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)