|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the tallest basketball player at the Yamacraw school?
(b) Top Cat.
2. Pat Conroy feels he is fighting against what at the school?
(b) The weather.
(d) The moths.
3. What does Carol Ann do to convince the students she is a witch?
(a) She claims to have visited the spirit world.
(b) Magic tricks.
(c) She lights a fire.
(d) She flies.
4. What does Pat Conroy do to try and keep his job?
(a) Gets a petition signed by the islanders.
(b) Talk to the board.
(c) All of these.
(d) Talk to Dr. Piedmont.
5. Who does Pat Conroy appeal to for permission to travel to Washington D.C.?
(a) Dr. Piedmont.
(b) Mrs. Brown.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the end of Chapter 8, who has Pat Conroy alienated?
2. What do the boys wear to graduation?
3. What does Pat Conroy try to prepare his students for in the real world?
4. In Chapter 8, Pat Conroy does what at the meeting with Bennington?
5. Barbara invites the girls to her house for what holiday?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 8, why does the administration refuse to let Pat Conroy speak at the school board meeting?
2. How does Pat Conroy pay for the trip to Washington D.C. and why?
3. Why is Mrs. Brown's reaction to Prophet hanging from the water tank in the bathroom shocking?
4. By Chapter 11, why might the neighbors object to Pat Conroy and Barbara?
5. Why does Pat Conroy decide to commute to the island?
6. What method of teaching does Pat Conroy claim to use to appease Mrs. Brown?
7. How is Mrs. Brown affected by the power of being principal?
8. Why is domestic violence common on the island?
9. Why is the administration concerned about Pat Conroy's gas bill for the boat?
10. Why does Pat Conroy lose his job permanently?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)