|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What method of physical control does Pat Conroy introduce in class?
(a) "Choking the cat."
(b) "Milking the rat."
(c) "Shooting the crow."
(d) "Flying the scout."
2. What title does Pat Conroy give himself after trouble starts with Mrs. Brown?
(a) Assistant principal.
(b) The terminator.
(c) Class officer.
(d) Safety office.
3. Why does Lincoln hog-tie his dog?
(a) To wash him.
(b) To shave him.
(c) To tease him.
(d) To remove ticks.
4. In what city does Saul go to the bathroom on a public street?
(c) Myrtle Beach.
5. When Pat Conroy visits Mrs. Brown at home, she surprises him by doing what?
(a) Crying with joy.
(b) Pointing a gun at him.
(c) Cooking him dinner.
(d) Kissing him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pat Conroy write The Water is Wide?
2. Who is against taking the students to Washington D.C.?
3. Who has the best rifle collection on the island?
4. What happens to the mother of Oscar, Fred, and Prophet in Chapter 9?
5. In Chapter 8, how does Pat Conroy confront the school administration?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)