|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many straps does Mrs. Brown carry with her?
2. When does graduation take place on Yamacraw Island?
3. Zeke jokes Pat Conroy should be careful of what, in the cold?
(a) Getting sunburned.
(b) Catching smallpox.
(c) Freezing off his right arm.
(d) The polar bears.
4. What animal moves into Pat Conroy's house in Chapter 8?
5. What do the girls wear to graduation?
(a) "Green robes."
(b) "Traditional white."
(c) "Red dresses."
(d) "Education brown."
Short Answer Questions
1. Jasper is confused by what, at the end of Chapter 10?
2. Who is the tallest basketball player at the Yamacraw school?
3. How do the students feel about Mrs. Brown?
4. In Chapter 9, who is hit in the back with a chair?
5. Who asks Dr. Piedmont what discipline is available for Pat Conroy other than dismissal ?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Brown always mention she is part Cherokee Indian?
2. Why is Mrs. Brown's reaction to Prophet hanging from the water tank in the bathroom shocking?
3. What method of teaching does Pat Conroy claim to use to appease Mrs. Brown?
4. Why is Mrs. Brown against the kids taking a trip to Washington D.C.?
5. Why does Pat Conroy decide to commute to the island?
6. How does Pat Conroy pay for the trip to Washington D.C. and why?
7. What does Pat Conroy talk about in front of the school board in Chapter 11?
8. By Chapter 11, why might the neighbors object to Pat Conroy and Barbara?
9. Why were some people in Washington D.C. surprised by the children of Yamacraw Island?
10. Why does Pat Conroy allow teachers from the mainland into his classroom?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)