|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, Pat Conroy realizes who wants acceptance from whites?
(a) Pat Conroy.
(c) Dr. Piedmont.
(d) Mrs. Brown.
2. After Pat Conroy's river rides, his feet would turn what color?
3. In Chapter 12, Pat Conroy thinks Dr. Piedmont and Bennington are too affected by what?
4. Who is the first parent to give permission for the Washington D.C. trip?
(a) Prophet's mother.
(b) Carolina's father.
(c) Top Cat's father.
(d) Cindy Lou's mother.
5. Who hangs the shocking pictures on the board in Chapter 7?
(a) The boys.
(b) Pat Conroy.
(c) The girls.
(d) Mrs. Brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boys wear to graduation?
2. In Chapter 10, Mrs. Barnwell tries to take what back from Pat Conroy?
3. In Chapter 8, the administration fights with Pat Conroy about what?
4. Who does Pat Conroy appeal to for permission to travel to Washington D.C.?
5. How old is the letter from Judy Hanst?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 8, why does the administration refuse to let Pat Conroy speak at the school board meeting?
2. Why does Pat Conroy decide to commute to the island?
3. How is Mrs. Brown affected by the power of being principal?
4. Why does Mrs. Brown carry a gun?
5. Why does Pat Conroy lose his job permanently?
6. Why does Pat Conroy allow teachers from the mainland into his classroom?
7. How does Dr. Piedmont treat Pat Conroy in his second year at Yamacraw Island and why?
8. Why does Mrs. Brown always mention she is part Cherokee Indian?
9. By Chapter 11, why might the neighbors object to Pat Conroy and Barbara?
10. Why do the people on Yamacraw Island drink?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)