|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pat Conroy believes he must learn to accept what, because it's everywhere?
(c) "Dirty politics."
2. Who is the first parent to give permission for the Washington D.C. trip?
(a) Top Cat's father.
(b) Carolina's father.
(c) Prophet's mother.
(d) Cindy Lou's mother.
3. After Pat Conroy's river rides, his feet would turn what color?
4. What title does Pat Conroy give himself after trouble starts with Mrs. Brown?
(a) Class officer.
(b) Assistant principal.
(c) Safety office.
(d) The terminator.
5. In college, Pat Conroy was accused of having what kind of a nose?
(a) Pig nose.
(b) Witch nose.
(c) Goblin nose.
(d) Hog nose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pat Conroy live with at the end of October?
2. In Chapter 12, Pat Conroy realizes who wants acceptance from whites?
3. What method of physical control does Pat Conroy introduce in class?
4. Who is against taking the students to Washington D.C.?
5. In Chapter 10, Dr. Piedmont says his secret to success is what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the people on Yamacraw Island drink?
2. Why does Pat Conroy lose his job permanently?
3. How does Pat Conroy pay for the trip to Washington D.C. and why?
4. How does Mrs. Brown feel about the blacks on Yamacraw Island?
5. By Chapter 11, why might the neighbors object to Pat Conroy and Barbara?
6. Why is Mrs. Brown's reaction to Prophet hanging from the water tank in the bathroom shocking?
7. Why does Pat Conroy want to get along with Mrs. Brown?
8. Why were some people in Washington D.C. surprised by the children of Yamacraw Island?
9. What method of teaching does Pat Conroy claim to use to appease Mrs. Brown?
10. What is the reaction of the children to the domestic violence on the island?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)