|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, Pat Conroy realizes who wants acceptance from whites?
(a) Pat Conroy.
(b) Dr. Piedmont.
(c) Mrs. Brown.
2. Who hangs the shocking pictures on the board in Chapter 7?
(a) Pat Conroy.
(b) The girls.
(c) The boys.
(d) Mrs. Brown.
3. What book reminds Pat Conroy of his animal infestation in Chapter 8?
(a) Little House on the Prairie.
(d) The Scarlett Letter.
4. Prior to the Washington D.C. trip, who announces she is pregnant?
(a) Mrs. Brown.
(c) Cindy Lou.
5. In Chapter 8, the administration fights with Pat Conroy about what?
(a) The gasoline bill for the commuter boat.
(b) His request for better supplies.
(c) The test scores of the students.
(d) Assigning Mrs. Brown as principal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who close to Pat Conroy yells at Dr. Piedmont at a board meeting?
2. What helps relieve Pat Conroy's anger at his dismissal?
3. What time of day does Pat Conroy enjoy on the river?
4. After Pat Conroy's river rides, his feet would turn what color?
5. To get the school board to listen to him, Pat Conroy does what?
Short Essay Questions
1. By Chapter 11, why might the neighbors object to Pat Conroy and Barbara?
2. How does Dr. Piedmont treat Pat Conroy in his second year at Yamacraw Island and why?
3. What method of teaching does Pat Conroy claim to use to appease Mrs. Brown?
4. Why does Pat Conroy decide to commute to the island?
5. Why does Pat Conroy allow teachers from the mainland into his classroom?
6. How does Pat Conroy pay for the trip to Washington D.C. and why?
7. How does Pat Conroy's popularity as a teacher affect Mrs. Brown?
8. Why is the administration concerned about Pat Conroy's gas bill for the boat?
9. Why does Mrs. Brown always mention she is part Cherokee Indian?
10. What does Pat Conroy hope for the children of Yamacraw Island?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)