|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In college, Pat Conroy was accused of having what kind of a nose?
(a) Hog nose.
(b) Witch nose.
(c) Goblin nose.
(d) Pig nose.
2. Who is against taking the students to Washington D.C.?
(a) Mrs. Brown.
(c) Pat Conroy.
3. What derogatory name was Dr. Piedmont called as a kid?
(a) Rat tail.
(b) Rash face.
(c) Lint head.
(d) Bow legs.
4. How many straps does Mrs. Brown carry with her?
5. Who has the best rifle collection on the island?
(a) Top Cat's father.
(b) Ted Stone.
(c) Pat Conroy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal moves into Pat Conroy's house in Chapter 8?
2. After Pat Conroy's river rides, his feet would turn what color?
3. In Chapter 11, what does the board meeting agree to do for Pat Conroy?
4. What method of physical control does Pat Conroy introduce in class?
5. What type of discipline does Pat Conroy disagree with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were some people in Washington D.C. surprised by the children of Yamacraw Island?
2. Why are the scenes where the parents object to the children going to Washington D.C. familiar?
3. Who protests Pat Conroy's dismissal from his job?
4. What does Pat Conroy realize at the end of Chapter 8?
5. What is the reaction of the children to the domestic violence on the island?
6. How is Mrs. Brown affected by the power of being principal?
7. Why is domestic violence common on the island?
8. Why is the administration concerned about Pat Conroy's gas bill for the boat?
9. Why does Pat Conroy want to get along with Mrs. Brown?
10. Why is Mrs. Brown against the kids taking a trip to Washington D.C.?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)