|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pat Conroy feels what issue is changing the South during The Water is Wide?
(a) Global warming.
(c) Hypocritical administration.
(d) Religion in school.
2. What makes Mrs. Brown angry during the collage making in Chapter 7?
(a) The kids were great artists.
(b) The kids ate glue.
(c) There was a mouse in the magazines.
(d) The kids used a naked photo.
3. In Chapter 8, how does Pat Conroy confront the school administration?
(a) Editorial columns.
(b) Angry letters.
(c) Parent intervention.
(d) Angry phone calls.
4. Who is Pat Conroy's only friend in the administration?
(a) Mr. Randel.
(b) Mr. Bennington.
(c) Mr. Miller.
(d) Dr. Piedmont.
5. What sport does Peter teach the kids of Yamacraw Island?
(c) Ping pong.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, Zeke and Pat Conroy hit what on the river?
2. What does Carol Ann offer the students?
3. Who asks Dr. Piedmont what discipline is available for Pat Conroy other than dismissal ?
4. Who is against taking the students to Washington D.C.?
5. What does Pat Conroy like about Mrs. Brown?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who protests Pat Conroy's dismissal from his job?
2. Why is Mrs. Brown's reaction to Prophet hanging from the water tank in the bathroom shocking?
3. Why does Pat Conroy decide to commute to the island?
4. How is Mrs. Brown affected by the power of being principal?
5. What does Pat Conroy talk about in front of the school board in Chapter 11?
6. What health risks does Pat Conroy endure while commuting during the winter?
7. How does Pat Conroy pay for the trip to Washington D.C. and why?
8. How does Dr. Piedmont treat Pat Conroy in his second year at Yamacraw Island and why?
9. What is the reaction of the children to the domestic violence on the island?
10. What method of teaching does Pat Conroy claim to use to appease Mrs. Brown?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)