|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests bringing the students to Beaufort to celebrate Halloween?
(b) Pat Conroy.
(d) Mrs. Brown.
2. How many fingers do the illiterate students think are on a hand?
(d) All of these.
3. Beaufort friends warn Pat Conroy against befriending who?
(a) Mrs. Brown.
(b) Zeke Skimberry.
(c) Frank and Mary.
(d) Lou and Ted.
4. What object talks for Mrs. Graves when she gets mad?
(a) "The Fist."
(b) "The Hammer."
(d) "The Hand."
5. Who confronted Pat Conroy on the day Martin Luther was buried?
(a) Lily Smalls.
(b) Lureen Wallace.
(c) The administration.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the children compete for prizes during Halloween?
2. Cindy Lou protests what about Halloween?
3. What do the kids call Leonard Bernstein?
4. Who is the deputy superintendent?
5. How many books were donated to the Yamacraw community center?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Pat Conroy enjoy swearing as a teen?
2. Why is Pat Conroy concerned about the treatment of animals on the island?
3. Why are the parents against Pat Conroy's idea to take the children off the island to celebrate Halloween?
4. What types of books have church groups provided for the public library in Yamacraw?
5. How did Thomas anger the whites when he was young?
6. What things go right on the Halloween trip to South Carolina?
7. What does Bennington say about his personal relationship with colored people?
8. Why did Ted Stone close his restaurant?
9. In Chapter 2, what does Mrs. Brown warn Pat Conroy now that he's "overseas?"
10. What things go wrong on the Halloween trip to South Carolina?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)