Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it impossible to commute to the island?
(b) Too expensive.
(c) Treacherous weather.
(d) No transportation.
2. What book is Cindy Lou's favorite?
(a) Gone with the Wind.
(b) Goodnight Moon.
(c) Tommy the Telephone.
(d) The Little Engine that Could.
3. The students thought the word Conroy was what?
4. Who protests the showing of films to students?
(a) Ethel Lee.
(b) Jimmy Sue.
(c) Mrs. Brown.
(d) Cindy Lou.
5. Where does Pat Conroy request to teach?
(c) The Bronx.
(d) Yamacraw Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Zeke and Ida stop attending the Baptist church?
2. What type of tubing does the island use in bootlegging?
3. In Chapter One, what is the situation at Yamacraw school?
4. What type of insect tortures Pat Conroy on Yamacraw?
5. What animal bites Pat Conroy in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What method of teaching does Pat Conroy claim to use to appease Mrs. Brown?
2. What does Pat Conroy realize at the end of Chapter 8?
3. Why is Pat Conroy concerned about the treatment of animals on the island?
4. Why are the scenes where the parents object to the children going to Washington D.C. familiar?
5. Why does Pat Conroy express surprise upon learning that children of Yamacraw never celebrate Halloween?
6. What types of books have church groups provided for the public library in Yamacraw?
7. Why does Pat Conroy allow teachers from the mainland into his classroom?
8. Why are the parents against Pat Conroy's idea to take the children off the island to celebrate Halloween?
9. Why did Pat Conroy enjoy swearing as a teen?
10. Why is Mrs. Brown against the kids taking a trip to Washington D.C.?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)