|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is home protection in voodoo?
2. How many people left Yamacraw in the migration?
3. Zeke is concerned about the what in Yamacraw?
(b) Lack of the arts.
4. To Pat Conroy, what makes the Skimberry's interesting people?
(a) Their support of the war.
(b) Their lack of pretense.
(c) Their scientific abilities.
(d) Their long hair.
5. Where does Pat Conroy request to teach?
(b) Yamacraw Island.
(c) The Bronx.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pat Conroy doubts Yamacraw knows of what?
2. What first assignment does Pat Conroy give the class?
3. Why is Pat Conroy concerned about sending the kids to Beaufort for Halloween?
4. How did the Halloween trip help Pat Conroy's standing on the island?
5. Why did Zeke and Ida stop attending the Baptist church?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bennington say about his personal relationship with colored people?
2. What revelation helps Pat Conroy realize the Stones are frighteningly racist?
3. How does Pat Conroy convince the parents of Yamacraw to send their children to South Carolina for Halloween?
4. Why does Mrs. Brown object to singing into the tape recorder in the classroom?
5. What does Bennington warn Pat Conroy of on his first expedition to the island?
6. What appeals to Pat Conroy about many of the people he meets in Chapter 4?
7. In Chapter 2, what does Mrs. Brown warn Pat Conroy now that he's "overseas?"
8. Why is the library in Yamacraw school ironic?
9. How do the people on the island react to the two students from Cowell College?
10. How does Pat Conroy spend his days after school?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)