|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is a "poetess of profanity?"
(b) Miss Glover.
(c) Mrs. Brown.
2. Who protests the showing of films to students?
(a) Cindy Lou.
(b) Ethel Lee.
(c) Jimmy Sue.
(d) Mrs. Brown.
3. How many people left Yamacraw in the migration?
4. What age group did Pat Conroy first teach?
(c) Junior high.
(d) High school.
5. Which popular singer do the students in Yamacraw love?
(a) Ray Charles.
(b) James Brown.
(c) Frank Sinatra.
(d) Elvis Presley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the king of Yamacraw Island?
2. What is Pat Conroy's philosophy at the end of Chapter 6?
3. Pat Conroy doubts Yamacraw knows of what?
4. Who suggests bringing the students to Beaufort to celebrate Halloween?
5. What color is home protection in voodoo?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does Mrs. Brown warn Pat Conroy now that he's "overseas?"
2. Why is the library in Yamacraw school ironic?
3. Why does Mrs. Brown object to singing into the tape recorder in the classroom?
4. Why are the children of Yamacraw interested in the movie about the Salem Witch Trials?
5. What types of books have church groups provided for the public library in Yamacraw?
6. How did Thomas anger the whites when he was young?
7. How do the people on the island react to the two students from Cowell College?
8. How does Pat Conroy spend his days after school?
9. How does Pat Conroy convince the parents of Yamacraw to send their children to South Carolina for Halloween?
10. What revelation helps Pat Conroy realize the Stones are frighteningly racist?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)