|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the king of Yamacraw Island?
(a) Ted Stone.
(b) Sam Thomas.
(c) Jake Cross.
(d) Belle Blair.
2. Who is a "poetess of profanity?"
(b) Miss Glover.
(d) Mrs. Brown.
3. What prevents the group from returning to Yamacraw Island after Halloween?
(a) The weather.
(b) They arrive in Yamacraw as scheduled.
(c) A missing student.
(d) An injured student.
4. What type of large snake does the island house?
(a) Boa constrictor.
(d) Diamondback rattlesnake.
5. Who gets injured during the Halloween festivities?
(a) Cindy Lou.
(b) Top Cat.
(c) Pat Conroy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object talks for Mrs. Graves when she gets mad?
2. The Halloween trip gives the kids what impression of South Carolina?
3. What type of insect tortures Pat Conroy on Yamacraw?
4. Who suggests bringing the students to Beaufort to celebrate Halloween?
5. What first assignment does Pat Conroy give the class?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ted Stone feel about killing men while at war?
2. What things go wrong on the Halloween trip to South Carolina?
3. How did Thomas anger the whites when he was young?
4. Why did Pat Conroy enjoy swearing as a teen?
5. Why did Ted Stone close his restaurant?
6. How does Pat Conroy spend his days after school?
7. Describe Yamacraw Island.
8. What type of things have the students at Yamacraw school not been taught?
9. Why does Mrs. Brown object to singing into the tape recorder in the classroom?
10. According to Piedmont, how has Jesus changed him?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)