|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who protests the showing of films to students?
(a) Cindy Lou.
(b) Jimmy Sue.
(c) Ethel Lee.
(d) Mrs. Brown.
2. In Chapter One, what is the situation at Yamacraw school?
(a) No motivation or materials.
(b) All black students.
(c) All of these.
(d) Teachers do not get along.
3. What book is Cindy Lou's favorite?
(a) The Little Engine that Could.
(b) Gone with the Wind.
(c) Goodnight Moon.
(d) Tommy the Telephone.
4. What ends Pat Conroy's desire to swim at Yamacraw?
5. What caused migration away from Yamacraw?
(a) Lack of vaccines.
(c) A desire for education.
(d) A factory's pollutants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who confronted Pat Conroy on the day Martin Luther was buried?
2. Pat Conroy threatens to do what to anyone who doesn't want to hear the national news?
3. Beaufort friends warn Pat Conroy against befriending who?
4. Pat Conroy feels what, showing his music loving students to whites?
5. Why is Pat Conroy concerned about sending the kids to Beaufort for Halloween?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of things have the students at Yamacraw school not been taught?
2. In Chapter 2, what does Mrs. Brown warn Pat Conroy now that he's "overseas?"
3. What does Bennington warn Pat Conroy of on his first expedition to the island?
4. What does Bennington say about his personal relationship with colored people?
5. What appeals to Pat Conroy about many of the people he meets in Chapter 4?
6. Physically describe Bennington.
7. Explain why the Yamacraw oyster trade fell apart.
8. Why did Ted Stone close his restaurant?
9. For what purpose does Pat Conroy attempt to give the students a classical music education?
10. What revelation helps Pat Conroy realize the Stones are frighteningly racist?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)