|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Top Cat do with the tape recorder?
(a) Sings into it.
(b) Smashes it.
(c) Hides it.
(d) Runs from it.
2. How did the Halloween trip help Pat Conroy's standing on the island?
(a) It lost him friends.
(b) It helped him assimilate.
(c) The women started to love him.
(d) It made him an outcast.
3. What type of insect tortures Pat Conroy on Yamacraw?
4. Who confronted Pat Conroy on the day Martin Luther was buried?
(a) The administration.
(b) His wife.
(c) Lily Smalls.
(d) Lureen Wallace.
5. Who in South Carolina sent the kids letters after their Halloween trip?
(c) Host families.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal does Sam hurt in Chapter 5?
2. In what usual way does Prophet address Pat Conroy?
3. What ends Pat Conroy's desire to swim at Yamacraw?
4. Why is Pat Conroy concerned about sending the kids to Beaufort for Halloween?
5. Pat Conroy feels what, showing his music loving students to whites?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Thomas anger the whites when he was young?
2. What does Bennington say about his personal relationship with colored people?
3. Why is the library in Yamacraw school ironic?
4. What things go wrong on the Halloween trip to South Carolina?
5. Although Mrs. Brown bans Joe and Jim from the school due to a lack of credentials, what is her real concern about their presence in the classroom?
6. How does Pat Conroy spend his days after school?
7. What things go right on the Halloween trip to South Carolina?
8. What is significant to Pat Conroy about the abandoned home in Chapter 4?
9. According to Piedmont, how has Jesus changed him?
10. How do the people on the island react to the two students from Cowell College?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)