|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pat Conroy watch for when boating?
(a) Sandbars and oyster banks.
(b) High tide.
(c) Natural wildlife.
2. What book is Cindy Lou's favorite?
(a) Gone with the Wind.
(b) Tommy the Telephone.
(c) The Little Engine that Could.
(d) Goodnight Moon.
3. How many books were donated to the Yamacraw community center?
4. Who is described as a "portrait of efficiency?"
(a) Lou Stone.
(b) Miss Glover.
(c) Ted Stone.
(d) Andy Pappas.
5. What food item from Yamacraw is famous?
Short Answer Questions
1. What ends Pat Conroy's desire to swim at Yamacraw?
2. What animal bites Pat Conroy in Chapter 5?
3. After Halloween, Mrs. Brown shames the class over what?
4. During the time period of The Water is Wide, Brazil produced the most what for the world?
5. Cindy Lou protests what about Halloween?
Short Essay Questions
1. What things go right on the Halloween trip to South Carolina?
2. Describe Yamacraw Island.
3. According to Piedmont, how has Jesus changed him?
4. In Chapter 2, what does Mrs. Brown warn Pat Conroy now that he's "overseas?"
5. What does Bennington say about his personal relationship with colored people?
6. How does Ted Stone feel about killing men while at war?
7. What things go wrong on the Halloween trip to South Carolina?
8. What type of things have the students at Yamacraw school not been taught?
9. What is significant to Pat Conroy about the abandoned home in Chapter 4?
10. What revelation helps Pat Conroy realize the Stones are frighteningly racist?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)