|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bernie Schein get shipped to?
2. At the end of September, where does Pat Conroy move?
(a) The school house.
(b) The Buckner house.
(c) The Mainland.
(d) Ida's house.
3. What type of insect tortures Pat Conroy on Yamacraw?
4. What sport goes violently wrong when Pat Conroy tries to teach it?
5. Why is it impossible to commute to the island?
(b) Too expensive.
(c) No transportation.
(d) Treacherous weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of large snake does the island house?
2. What first assignment does Pat Conroy give the class?
3. Which student is sensitive about being short?
4. Who suggested Pat Conroy change the direction of his teaching career?
5. Why is Pat Conroy nice to Ted and Lou, in spite of their racism?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of things have the students at Yamacraw school not been taught?
2. What things go wrong on the Halloween trip to South Carolina?
3. Describe Yamacraw Island.
4. In Chapter 2, what does Mrs. Brown warn Pat Conroy now that he's "overseas?"
5. What types of books have church groups provided for the public library in Yamacraw?
6. What is significant to Pat Conroy about the abandoned home in Chapter 4?
7. How does Pat Conroy spend his days after school?
8. How did Thomas anger the whites when he was young?
9. What things go right on the Halloween trip to South Carolina?
10. Why did Pat Conroy enjoy swearing as a teen?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)