|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the children compete for prizes during Halloween?
(a) The newspaper contest.
(b) From the local lottery.
(c) At an apple bobbing contest.
(d) At school carnival booths.
2. During the time period of The Water is Wide, Brazil produced the most what for the world?
3. Who protests the showing of films to students?
(a) Ethel Lee.
(b) Mrs. Brown.
(c) Cindy Lou.
(d) Jimmy Sue.
4. Where is Zeke Skimberry from?
5. At the end of September, where does Pat Conroy move?
(a) The Buckner house.
(b) Ida's house.
(c) The Mainland.
(d) The school house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as a "portrait of efficiency?"
2. What color is home protection in voodoo?
3. Which student is sensitive about being short?
4. Pat Conroy hangs a poster of which classical artist on the classroom wall?
5. Why does the superintendent think Pat Conroy came to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Yamacraw Island.
2. How does Pat Conroy spend his days after school?
3. Why did Ted Stone close his restaurant?
4. How do the people on the island react to the two students from Cowell College?
5. What revelation helps Pat Conroy realize the Stones are frighteningly racist?
6. Why is Pat Conroy concerned about the treatment of animals on the island?
7. What things go right on the Halloween trip to South Carolina?
8. Why is the library in Yamacraw school ironic?
9. How did Thomas anger the whites when he was young?
10. For what purpose does Pat Conroy attempt to give the students a classical music education?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)