|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of tubing does the island use in bootlegging?
2. Where does Bernie Schein get shipped to?
3. Zeke is concerned about the what in Yamacraw?
(b) Lack of the arts.
4. What kind of animal does Sam hurt in Chapter 5?
(a) A newt.
(b) A dog.
(c) A toad.
(d) A cat.
5. What sport goes violently wrong when Pat Conroy tries to teach it?
Short Answer Questions
1. During the time period of The Water is Wide, Brazil produced the most what for the world?
2. Where does Pat Conroy sleep his first night in Yamacraw?
3. What cataloge is popular at the Yamacraw school?
4. Where did Pat Conroy visit Dr. Henry Piedmont?
5. Who shot Saul's dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. What appeals to Pat Conroy about many of the people he meets in Chapter 4?
2. How do the people on the island react to the two students from Cowell College?
3. Why does Pat Conroy get fired at the beginning of Chapter 11?
4. What health risks does Pat Conroy endure while commuting during the winter?
5. Describe Yamacraw Island.
6. Why is the library in Yamacraw school ironic?
7. Why does Pat Conroy express surprise upon learning that children of Yamacraw never celebrate Halloween?
8. How does Ted Stone feel about killing men while at war?
9. Why did Ted Stone close his restaurant?
10. In Chapter 8, why does the administration refuse to let Pat Conroy speak at the school board meeting?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)