|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is home protection in voodoo?
2. During the time period of The Water is Wide, Brazil produced the most what for the world?
3. How did the Halloween trip help Pat Conroy's standing on the island?
(a) It helped him assimilate.
(b) The women started to love him.
(c) It lost him friends.
(d) It made him an outcast.
4. What cataloge is popular at the Yamacraw school?
(a) Outdoor Gear.
(c) Sears Roebuck.
(d) Hunting and Fishing Guide.
5. What kind of animal does Sam hurt in Chapter 5?
(a) A newt.
(b) A toad.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what usual way does Prophet address Pat Conroy?
2. The Halloween trip gives the kids what impression of South Carolina?
3. What type of tubing does the island use in bootlegging?
4. Which popular singer do the students in Yamacraw love?
5. What caused migration away from Yamacraw?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Thomas anger the whites when he was young?
2. What things go wrong on the Halloween trip to South Carolina?
3. Why are the children of Yamacraw interested in the movie about the Salem Witch Trials?
4. What social action did Pat Conroy take after Martin Luther King was shot?
5. For what purpose does Pat Conroy attempt to give the students a classical music education?
6. Why does Mrs. Brown object to singing into the tape recorder in the classroom?
7. How do the people on the island react to the two students from Cowell College?
8. Why is the library in Yamacraw school ironic?
9. Why did Ted Stone close his restaurant?
10. What does Bennington warn Pat Conroy of on his first expedition to the island?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)