|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pat Conroy is required to get permission to leave school during recess from who?
(a) The mayor.
(b) His wife.
(c) The superintendent.
(d) The president.
2. Which popular singer do the students in Yamacraw love?
(a) Ray Charles.
(b) James Brown.
(c) Frank Sinatra.
(d) Elvis Presley.
3. How did the Halloween trip help Pat Conroy's standing on the island?
(a) It helped him assimilate.
(b) The women started to love him.
(c) It made him an outcast.
(d) It lost him friends.
4. What type of animal does Pat Conroy give his students?
5. Which student is sensitive about being short?
(a) Top Cat.
(c) Cindy Lou.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unique style of teaching does Pat Conroy use to share information with his class?
2. Pat Conroy doubts Yamacraw knows of what?
3. Who is described as a "portrait of efficiency?"
4. What pet name does Mrs. Brown give kids in her class?
5. Why is Pat Conroy concerned about sending the kids to Beaufort for Halloween?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ted Stone feel about killing men while at war?
2. Although Mrs. Brown bans Joe and Jim from the school due to a lack of credentials, what is her real concern about their presence in the classroom?
3. Why is Pat Conroy concerned about the treatment of animals on the island?
4. Explain why the Yamacraw oyster trade fell apart.
5. Why are the children of Yamacraw interested in the movie about the Salem Witch Trials?
6. Why is the library in Yamacraw school ironic?
7. What things go wrong on the Halloween trip to South Carolina?
8. According to Piedmont, how has Jesus changed him?
9. How did Thomas anger the whites when he was young?
10. Describe Yamacraw Island.
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)