|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the king of Yamacraw Island?
(a) Sam Thomas.
(b) Jake Cross.
(c) Ted Stone.
(d) Belle Blair.
2. In Chapter One, what is the situation at Yamacraw school?
(a) Teachers do not get along.
(b) No motivation or materials.
(c) All black students.
(d) All of these.
3. What type of program do Jim and Joe set up after school?
4. Which student is sensitive about being short?
(b) Cindy Lou.
(c) Top Cat.
5. The students thought the word Conroy was what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport goes violently wrong when Pat Conroy tries to teach it?
2. In what usual way does Prophet address Pat Conroy?
3. Which popular singer do the students in Yamacraw love?
4. Why does Mrs. Brown make Pat Conroy principal of the school?
5. What does Pat Conroy like to do after school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of relationship does Mrs. Brown have with her students?
2. Why do the people on Yamacraw Island drink?
3. What types of books have church groups provided for the public library in Yamacraw?
4. What does Pat Conroy talk about in front of the school board in Chapter 11?
5. What social action did Pat Conroy take after Martin Luther King was shot?
6. Physically describe Bennington.
7. For what purpose does Pat Conroy attempt to give the students a classical music education?
8. What does Pat Conroy hope for the children of Yamacraw Island?
9. Why does Pat Conroy decide to commute to the island?
10. According to Piedmont, how has Jesus changed him?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)