|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pat Conroy lost his job coaching basketball over what suspicion?
(a) Poor coaching ability.
(b) Dislike for "the coloreds."
(c) Favor for "the coloreds."
(d) He couldn't shoot a basket.
2. Who protests the showing of films to students?
(a) Mrs. Brown.
(b) Cindy Lou.
(c) Jimmy Sue.
(d) Ethel Lee.
3. Who shot Saul's dog?
(a) Pat Conroy.
(c) Mrs. Brown.
4. How many people left Yamacraw in the migration?
5. What does Top Cat do with the tape recorder?
(a) Sings into it.
(b) Smashes it.
(c) Runs from it.
(d) Hides it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Pat Conroy visit Dr. Henry Piedmont?
2. What color is home protection in voodoo?
3. What food item from Yamacraw is famous?
4. Who is described as a "portrait of efficiency?"
5. What does Mrs. Graves say about Pat Conroy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pat Conroy spend his days after school?
2. Why are the children of Yamacraw interested in the movie about the Salem Witch Trials?
3. In Chapter 2, what does Mrs. Brown warn Pat Conroy now that he's "overseas?"
4. What things go wrong on the Halloween trip to South Carolina?
5. Explain why the Yamacraw oyster trade fell apart.
6. Why did Pat Conroy enjoy swearing as a teen?
7. What appeals to Pat Conroy about many of the people he meets in Chapter 4?
8. How did Thomas anger the whites when he was young?
9. Describe Yamacraw Island.
10. Why is Pat Conroy concerned about the treatment of animals on the island?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)