Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the time period of The Water is Wide, Brazil produced the most what for the world?
2. Who had a "white school" built on the island?
(a) Lou and Ted.
(b) The whites.
(c) Pat Conroy.
(d) The blacks.
3. What type of the welcome do the students receive in South Carolina?
(a) They are ignored.
(b) Excited greetings.
(c) Lukewarm attention.
4. What does Pat Conroy feel for the Confederate flag?
5. What book is Cindy Lou's favorite?
(a) Tommy the Telephone.
(b) Goodnight Moon.
(c) Gone with the Wind.
(d) The Little Engine that Could.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Pat Conroy concerned about sending the kids to Beaufort for Halloween?
2. Bernie earned a Top Tiger award for selling what?
3. How many fingers do the illiterate students think are on a hand?
4. What does Pat Conroy watch for when boating?
5. Who suggested Pat Conroy change the direction of his teaching career?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bennington say about his personal relationship with colored people?
2. Describe Yamacraw Island.
3. In Chapter 8, why does the administration refuse to let Pat Conroy speak at the school board meeting?
4. How is Mrs. Brown affected by the power of being principal?
5. What is significant to Pat Conroy about the abandoned home in Chapter 4?
6. Who protests Pat Conroy's dismissal from his job?
7. Why is Mrs. Brown's reaction to Prophet hanging from the water tank in the bathroom shocking?
8. For what purpose does Pat Conroy attempt to give the students a classical music education?
9. Why does Pat Conroy allow teachers from the mainland into his classroom?
10. Why does Mrs. Brown always mention she is part Cherokee Indian?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)