|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What basketball team does Pat Conroy take the boys to see?
(a) The Globetrotters.
(b) The Bulls.
(c) The Lakers.
(d) The Pistons.
2. Which Italian character sang as part of his lesson to the kids?
3. Immediately following his dismissal, Pat Conroy believes Dr. Piedmont and Bennington are what?
(a) "Evil incarnate."
(b) "Pompous and stupid."
(c) "Understandable figures."
(d) "Sympathetic to the kids."
4. What does Carol Ann do to convince the students she is a witch?
(a) She lights a fire.
(b) Magic tricks.
(c) She claims to have visited the spirit world.
(d) She flies.
5. Prior to the Washington D.C. trip, who announces she is pregnant?
(c) Cindy Lou.
(d) Mrs. Brown.
6. In Chapter 8, Pat Conroy does what at the meeting with Bennington?
(a) Accuses the administration of racism.
(b) Resigns his position.
(c) Starts to walk out.
(d) Turns Mrs. Brown in for abuse.
7. What does Mrs. Brown tell the children she's tired of after lecturing about hygiene?
(a) "People stinkin' in this school."
(b) "Girls wearin' too much perfume."
(c) "Boys not wearing deoderant."
(d) "The cost of toothpaste."
8. Pat Conroy feels what issue is changing the South during The Water is Wide?
(a) Hypocritical administration.
(b) Global warming.
(c) Religion in school.
9. How many straps does Mrs. Brown carry with her?
10. Who is the first parent to give permission for the Washington D.C. trip?
(a) Prophet's mother.
(b) Cindy Lou's mother.
(c) Top Cat's father.
(d) Carolina's father.
11. When Pat Conroy visits Mrs. Brown at home, she surprises him by doing what?
(a) Kissing him.
(b) Crying with joy.
(c) Cooking him dinner.
(d) Pointing a gun at him.
12. Who hangs the shocking pictures on the board in Chapter 7?
(a) The girls.
(b) The boys.
(c) Pat Conroy.
(d) Mrs. Brown.
13. What sport does Peter teach the kids of Yamacraw Island?
(d) Ping pong.
14. How did Pat Conroy feel about the kids on Yamacraw Island?
(a) He liked them.
(b) He was afraid of them.
(c) He despised them.
(d) He was jealous of them.
15. Who asks Dr. Piedmont what discipline is available for Pat Conroy other than dismissal ?
(a) The judge.
(d) Pat Conroy's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the end of Chapter 8, who has Pat Conroy alienated?
2. In Chapter 8, how does Pat Conroy confront the school administration?
3. Barbara invites the girls to her house for what holiday?
4. In what city does Saul go to the bathroom on a public street?
5. Why does Lincoln hog-tie his dog?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)