|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pat Conroy live with at the end of October?
(a) Mrs. Brown.
(b) His family.
(c) An island family.
(d) Ted Stone.
2. Yamacraw visitor Dick is from what city?
(a) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
3. To get the school board to listen to him, Pat Conroy does what?
(a) Cuts his hair.
(b) Writes notes.
(c) Records the presentation.
4. In Chapter 8, the administration fights with Pat Conroy about what?
(a) The gasoline bill for the commuter boat.
(b) His request for better supplies.
(c) Assigning Mrs. Brown as principal.
(d) The test scores of the students.
5. Who asks Dr. Piedmont what discipline is available for Pat Conroy other than dismissal ?
(b) The judge.
(d) Pat Conroy's mother.
6. How many straps does Mrs. Brown carry with her?
7. When does graduation take place on Yamacraw Island?
8. What does Pat Conroy like about Mrs. Brown?
(a) Her love for children.
(b) Her intelligence.
(c) Her humor.
(d) Her fearlessness.
9. In Chapter 12, Pat Conroy thinks what held him back from helping Yamacraw kids?
(b) His lack of interest.
(c) His ego.
(d) His financial situation.
10. What does Carol Ann offer the students?
(a) She sings an opera.
(b) A performance of literature.
(c) A dance routine.
(d) A recitation of the Bible.
11. In the spring, what luxury is given to the school house?
(a) Running water.
(b) Air conditioning.
(c) Flower planting.
12. The judge rules the school board has "the power to fire any teacher considered" ______?
13. Prior to the Washington D.C. trip, who announces she is pregnant?
(b) Cindy Lou.
(c) Mrs. Brown.
14. After Pat Conroy's river rides, his feet would turn what color?
15. Pat Conroy challenges the troublemakers in class to what sport?
(c) Arm wrestling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who close to Pat Conroy yells at Dr. Piedmont at a board meeting?
2. What do the students give Zeke at graduation?
3. What do the girls wear to graduation?
4. What does Pat Conroy try to prepare his students for in the real world?
5. Pat Conroy wishes for what at the beginning of Chapter 10?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)