|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The judge rules the school board has "the power to fire any teacher considered" ______?
2. In Chapter 12, Pat Conroy realizes who wants acceptance from whites?
(a) Dr. Piedmont.
(b) Pat Conroy.
(c) Mrs. Brown.
3. What does Pat Conroy do to try and keep his job?
(a) Talk to Dr. Piedmont.
(b) All of these.
(c) Gets a petition signed by the islanders.
(d) Talk to the board.
4. What method of physical control does Pat Conroy introduce in class?
(a) "Shooting the crow."
(b) "Milking the rat."
(c) "Flying the scout."
(d) "Choking the cat."
5. What do the students give Zeke at graduation?
(a) A flask.
(b) "The Bible."
(c) "The Family Man."
(d) "The Island Warrior."
6. Who has the best rifle collection on the island?
(a) Ted Stone.
(b) Top Cat's father.
(c) Pat Conroy.
7. What news does Howard Sedgwick give Pat Conroy in Chapter 11?
(a) The oysters are edible.
(b) His wife is pregnant.
(c) He is fired.
(d) He gets a raise.
8. Pat Conroy believes he must learn to accept what, because it's everywhere?
(d) "Dirty politics."
9. What does Pat Conroy raise money for by working at the Desegregation Center?
(a) Food for the islanders.
(b) A school trip to Atlanta.
(c) Coats and gloves.
(d) A new library.
10. In Chapter 11, what does the board meeting agree to do for Pat Conroy?
(a) Fund his housing on the island.
(b) Let him keep his job.
(c) Give scholarships to the children.
(d) Thank him for his service.
11. In Chapter 10, Mrs. Barnwell tries to take what back from Pat Conroy?
(a) A gun.
(b) The name she called him.
(c) A scarf she made him.
(d) A beer.
12. Who is the tallest basketball player at the Yamacraw school?
(a) Top Cat.
13. How many straps does Mrs. Brown carry with her?
14. In the spring, what luxury is given to the school house?
(a) Air conditioning.
(b) Running water.
(d) Flower planting.
15. What happens to the mother of Oscar, Fred, and Prophet in Chapter 9?
(a) She dies.
(b) She drowns in the river.
(c) She is shot in the foot.
(d) She gets bit by a snake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jasper is confused by what, at the end of Chapter 10?
2. Who is Pat Conroy's only friend in the administration?
3. What do the girls wear to graduation?
4. In Chapter 10, Dr. Piedmont says his secret to success is what?
5. Who does Pat Conroy live with at the end of October?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)