|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pat Conroy do to try and keep his job?
(a) Talk to Dr. Piedmont.
(b) All of these.
(c) Talk to the board.
(d) Gets a petition signed by the islanders.
2. In Chapter 12, Pat Conroy thinks what held him back from helping Yamacraw kids?
(a) His ego.
(b) His financial situation.
(c) His lack of interest.
3. Why does Lincoln hog-tie his dog?
(a) To remove ticks.
(b) To tease him.
(c) To shave him.
(d) To wash him.
4. In Chapter 12, Pat Conroy thinks Dr. Piedmont and Bennington are too affected by what?
5. What does Pat Conroy like about Mrs. Brown?
(a) Her intelligence.
(b) Her love for children.
(c) Her humor.
(d) Her fearlessness.
6. When Pat Conroy is first fired, Dr. Piedmont accuses him of what charge?
(a) Being late to class.
(b) Not using the text book.
(c) Bribing Mrs. Brown.
(d) Swearing at the students.
7. On the river, what natural element scares Pat Conroy?
8. What do the girls wear to graduation?
(a) "Education brown."
(b) "Green robes."
(c) "Red dresses."
(d) "Traditional white."
9. Who is the tallest basketball player at the Yamacraw school?
(b) Top Cat.
10. What does Carol Ann do to convince the students she is a witch?
(a) She claims to have visited the spirit world.
(b) Magic tricks.
(c) She flies.
(d) She lights a fire.
11. Who hangs the shocking pictures on the board in Chapter 7?
(a) Mrs. Brown.
(b) The boys.
(c) Pat Conroy.
(d) The girls.
12. Pat Conroy believes he must learn to accept what, because it's everywhere?
(b) "Dirty politics."
13. Pat Conroy wishes for what at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) To get off the island.
(b) For Mrs. Brown to like him.
(c) To fix all his students.
(d) To make more money.
14. The judge rules the school board has "the power to fire any teacher considered" ______?
15. What basketball team does Pat Conroy take the boys to see?
(a) The Globetrotters.
(b) The Lakers.
(c) The Bulls.
(d) The Pistons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pat Conroy challenges the troublemakers in class to what sport?
2. In the spring, what luxury is given to the school house?
3. What time of day does Pat Conroy enjoy on the river?
4. Who asks Dr. Piedmont what discipline is available for Pat Conroy other than dismissal ?
5. Who has the best rifle collection on the island?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)