|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pat Conroy feels he is fighting against what at the school?
(b) The moths.
(d) The weather.
2. In Chapter 12, Pat Conroy thinks what held him back from helping Yamacraw kids?
(a) His financial situation.
(b) His lack of interest.
(c) His ego.
3. Prior to the Washington D.C. trip, who announces she is pregnant?
(a) Mrs. Brown.
(d) Cindy Lou.
4. What does Ted Stone accuse Steve McQueen of being?
(a) A womanizer.
(c) A Nazi.
(d) Too wealthy.
5. When does graduation take place on Yamacraw Island?
6. In Chapter 8, the administration fights with Pat Conroy about what?
(a) His request for better supplies.
(b) Assigning Mrs. Brown as principal.
(c) The test scores of the students.
(d) The gasoline bill for the commuter boat.
7. What are the kids most excited about in Washington D.C.?
(a) The White House.
(b) The park.
(c) The zoo.
(d) A museum.
8. Immediately following his dismissal, Pat Conroy believes Dr. Piedmont and Bennington are what?
(a) "Evil incarnate."
(b) "Understandable figures."
(c) "Pompous and stupid."
(d) "Sympathetic to the kids."
9. In Chapter 12, Pat Conroy sees what version of the South rising?
(a) "Tolerant and forgiving."
(b) "Hatred and nationalism."
(c) "Racist and angry."
(d) "Humanity and goodness."
10. What method of physical control does Pat Conroy introduce in class?
(a) "Flying the scout."
(b) "Milking the rat."
(c) "Choking the cat."
(d) "Shooting the crow."
11. What does Carol Ann do to convince the students she is a witch?
(a) She flies.
(b) Magic tricks.
(c) She claims to have visited the spirit world.
(d) She lights a fire.
12. Pat Conroy believes he must learn to accept what, because it's everywhere?
(a) "Dirty politics."
13. How do the students feel about Mrs. Brown?
(a) They respect her.
(b) They hate her.
(c) They love her.
(d) They think she's funny.
14. Pat Conroy wishes for what at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) For Mrs. Brown to like him.
(b) To fix all his students.
(c) To make more money.
(d) To get off the island.
15. What derogatory name was Dr. Piedmont called as a kid?
(a) Lint head.
(b) Rash face.
(c) Bow legs.
(d) Rat tail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boys wear to graduation?
2. In Chapter 8, how does Pat Conroy confront the school administration?
3. By the end of Chapter 8, who has Pat Conroy alienated?
4. What do the girls wear to graduation?
5. Who does Pat Conroy appeal to for permission to travel to Washington D.C.?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)