|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does graduation take place on Yamacraw Island?
2. Why does Dr. Piedmont object to Pat Conroy's use of gas for the boat?
(a) It is polluting the waters.
(b) It won't get him very far.
(c) It is dangerous.
(d) The county is paying for it.
3. What happens in January that hasn't happened on Yamacraw Island since 1952?
(a) The oysters are edible.
(b) The river floods the town.
(c) A bad cold spell.
(d) The fish start migrating.
4. In Chapter 10, Dr. Piedmont says his secret to success is what?
5. Why does Lincoln hog-tie his dog?
(a) To shave him.
(b) To remove ticks.
(c) To wash him.
(d) To tease him.
6. On the river, what natural element scares Pat Conroy?
7. What does Pat Conroy want to teach kids during the summer?
(a) How to swim.
(d) How to ride a bike.
8. What time of day does Pat Conroy enjoy on the river?
(b) 5 p.m.
(d) 7 a.m.
9. Why did Uncle Charlie cut his cat's head off?
(a) It ate a liver.
(b) It ate a mouse.
(c) It bit him.
(d) It was going blind.
10. What basketball team does Pat Conroy take the boys to see?
(a) The Lakers.
(b) The Globetrotters.
(c) The Bulls.
(d) The Pistons.
11. What derogatory name was Dr. Piedmont called as a kid?
(a) Rat tail.
(b) Bow legs.
(c) Rash face.
(d) Lint head.
12. What type of discipline does Pat Conroy disagree with?
(a) Calling parents.
(b) Shouting at students.
(c) Corporal punishment.
(d) Essay writing.
13. The judge rules the school board has "the power to fire any teacher considered" ______?
14. What book reminds Pat Conroy of his animal infestation in Chapter 8?
(b) The Scarlett Letter.
(c) Little House on the Prairie.
15. In college, Pat Conroy was accused of having what kind of a nose?
(a) Hog nose.
(b) Goblin nose.
(c) Pig nose.
(d) Witch nose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who close to Pat Conroy yells at Dr. Piedmont at a board meeting?
2. Pat Conroy challenges the troublemakers in class to what sport?
3. What does Pat Conroy suggest the kids do when Mrs. Brown talks?
4. How old is the letter from Judy Hanst?
5. Who is against taking the students to Washington D.C.?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)