|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book reminds Pat Conroy of his animal infestation in Chapter 8?
(a) Little House on the Prairie.
(b) The Scarlett Letter.
2. What time of day does Pat Conroy enjoy on the river?
(a) 5 p.m.
(b) 7 a.m.
3. Which Italian character sang as part of his lesson to the kids?
4. When do Pat Conroy and Barbara get married?
5. In Chapter 9, who is hit in the back with a chair?
(c) Mrs. Brown.
(d) Mrs. Graves.
6. What does Pat Conroy want to teach kids during the summer?
(c) How to swim.
(d) How to ride a bike.
7. What does Pat Conroy do to try and keep his job?
(a) Gets a petition signed by the islanders.
(b) Talk to the board.
(c) Talk to Dr. Piedmont.
(d) All of these.
8. What are the kids most excited about in Washington D.C.?
(a) A museum.
(b) The park.
(c) The zoo.
(d) The White House.
9. How high is the basketball basket on Yamacraw Island?
(a) 3 feet.
(b) 10 feet.
(c) 8 feet.
(d) 5 feet.
10. In Chapter 7, Mrs. Brown beats Prophet for doing what?
(a) Hanging from the urinal.
(b) Stealing lunch money.
(c) Spitting at the girls.
11. What title does Pat Conroy give himself after trouble starts with Mrs. Brown?
(a) Class officer.
(b) The terminator.
(c) Safety office.
(d) Assistant principal.
12. Pat Conroy challenges the troublemakers in class to what sport?
(b) Arm wrestling.
13. In Chapter 8, Zeke and Pat Conroy hit what on the river?
(a) A stranded ship.
(b) The coast guard.
(c) A sandbar.
14. In what city does Saul go to the bathroom on a public street?
(c) Myrtle Beach.
15. Pat Conroy feels he is fighting against what at the school?
(a) The moths.
(c) The weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does graduation take place on Yamacraw Island?
2. In Chapter 12, who does Pat Conroy label "predictably mediocre?"
3. What does Ted Stone accuse Steve McQueen of being?
4. In Chapter 11, what does the board meeting agree to do for Pat Conroy?
5. What does Pat Conroy suggest the kids do when Mrs. Brown talks?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)