|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the kids most excited about in Washington D.C.?
(a) The zoo.
(b) The White House.
(c) The park.
(d) A museum.
2. What helps relieve Pat Conroy's anger at his dismissal?
3. In Chapter 8, how does Pat Conroy confront the school administration?
(a) Parent intervention.
(b) Angry phone calls.
(c) Editorial columns.
(d) Angry letters.
4. What happens in January that hasn't happened on Yamacraw Island since 1952?
(a) The oysters are edible.
(b) The fish start migrating.
(c) The river floods the town.
(d) A bad cold spell.
5. What do the students give Zeke at graduation?
(a) "The Bible."
(b) A flask.
(c) "The Family Man."
(d) "The Island Warrior."
6. In college, Pat Conroy was accused of having what kind of a nose?
(a) Witch nose.
(b) Pig nose.
(c) Goblin nose.
(d) Hog nose.
7. In Chapter 12, who does Pat Conroy label "predictably mediocre?"
(a) Dr. Piedmont and Bennington.
(b) The kids on Yamacraw Island.
(d) Dr. Piedmont.
8. What does Pat Conroy do to try and keep his job?
(a) Gets a petition signed by the islanders.
(b) Talk to the board.
(c) All of these.
(d) Talk to Dr. Piedmont.
9. What book reminds Pat Conroy of his animal infestation in Chapter 8?
(b) The Scarlett Letter.
(d) Little House on the Prairie.
10. Yamacraw visitor Dick is from what city?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
11. In Chapter 10, Dr. Piedmont says his secret to success is what?
12. What does Pat Conroy want to teach kids during the summer?
(b) How to swim.
(c) How to ride a bike.
13. On the river, what natural element scares Pat Conroy?
14. After Pat Conroy's river rides, his feet would turn what color?
15. Barbara invites the girls to her house for what holiday?
(a) May Day.
(b) St. Patrick's Day.
(d) Valentine's Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Pat Conroy's only friend in the administration?
2. What does Ted Stone accuse Steve McQueen of being?
3. Prior to the Washington D.C. trip, who announces she is pregnant?
4. Pat Conroy wishes for what at the beginning of Chapter 10?
5. Pat Conroy feels he is fighting against what at the school?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)