|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is against taking the students to Washington D.C.?
(b) Mrs. Brown.
(d) Pat Conroy.
2. After Pat Conroy's river rides, his feet would turn what color?
3. In Chapter 10, Dr. Piedmont says his secret to success is what?
4. In Chapter 12, who does Pat Conroy label "predictably mediocre?"
(b) Dr. Piedmont.
(c) Dr. Piedmont and Bennington.
(d) The kids on Yamacraw Island.
5. How high is the basketball basket on Yamacraw Island?
(a) 3 feet.
(b) 8 feet.
(c) 5 feet.
(d) 10 feet.
6. How old is the letter from Judy Hanst?
(a) Two months.
(b) Three years.
(c) One year.
(d) Six months.
7. Pat Conroy believes he must learn to accept what, because it's everywhere?
(d) "Dirty politics."
8. What sport does Peter teach the kids of Yamacraw Island?
(b) Ping pong.
9. By the end of Chapter 8, who has Pat Conroy alienated?
(a) Mr. Bennington.
(b) Dr. Piedmont.
(c) Mr. Randel.
(d) Mr. Miller.
10. Immediately following his dismissal, Pat Conroy believes Dr. Piedmont and Bennington are what?
(a) "Understandable figures."
(b) "Pompous and stupid."
(c) "Sympathetic to the kids."
(d) "Evil incarnate."
11. On the river, what natural element scares Pat Conroy?
12. In Chapter 8, the administration fights with Pat Conroy about what?
(a) Assigning Mrs. Brown as principal.
(b) The gasoline bill for the commuter boat.
(c) The test scores of the students.
(d) His request for better supplies.
13. Barbara invites the girls to her house for what holiday?
(b) St. Patrick's Day.
(c) Valentine's Day.
(d) May Day.
14. What are the kids most excited about in Washington D.C.?
(a) The park.
(b) The zoo.
(c) A museum.
(d) The White House.
15. What happens to the mother of Oscar, Fred, and Prophet in Chapter 9?
(a) She dies.
(b) She is shot in the foot.
(c) She gets bit by a snake.
(d) She drowns in the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pat Conroy feels he is fighting against what at the school?
2. Pat Conroy challenges the troublemakers in class to what sport?
3. What does Pat Conroy suggest the kids do when Mrs. Brown talks?
4. Pat Conroy wishes for what at the beginning of Chapter 10?
5. Jasper is confused by what, at the end of Chapter 10?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)