|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, Pat Conroy thinks Dr. Piedmont and Bennington are too affected by what?
2. After Pat Conroy's river rides, his feet would turn what color?
3. In Chapter 11, Dr. Piedmont complains Pat Conroy's hair is what?
(a) Turning gray.
(c) Unflattering to his image.
(d) Too long.
4. Who has the best rifle collection on the island?
(a) Top Cat's father.
(c) Ted Stone.
(d) Pat Conroy.
5. Who is Pat Conroy's only friend in the administration?
(a) Mr. Miller.
(b) Mr. Randel.
(c) Dr. Piedmont.
(d) Mr. Bennington.
6. In Chapter 12, Pat Conroy realizes who wants acceptance from whites?
(a) Dr. Piedmont.
(b) Pat Conroy.
(c) Mrs. Brown.
7. What basketball team does Pat Conroy take the boys to see?
(a) The Bulls.
(b) The Lakers.
(c) The Pistons.
(d) The Globetrotters.
8. When does graduation take place on Yamacraw Island?
9. Yamacraw visitor Dick is from what city?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
10. In Chapter 11, what does the board meeting agree to do for Pat Conroy?
(a) Let him keep his job.
(b) Fund his housing on the island.
(c) Give scholarships to the children.
(d) Thank him for his service.
11. How long after Pat Conroy stops teaching does he write The Water is Wide?
(a) Two years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) One year.
12. What happens in January that hasn't happened on Yamacraw Island since 1952?
(a) The fish start migrating.
(b) The oysters are edible.
(c) The river floods the town.
(d) A bad cold spell.
13. Who close to Pat Conroy yells at Dr. Piedmont at a board meeting?
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
14. In Chapter 12, Pat Conroy sees what version of the South rising?
(a) "Tolerant and forgiving."
(b) "Racist and angry."
(c) "Humanity and goodness."
(d) "Hatred and nationalism."
15. Why does Lincoln hog-tie his dog?
(a) To shave him.
(b) To tease him.
(c) To remove ticks.
(d) To wash him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Barbara invites the girls to her house for what holiday?
2. What do the boys wear to graduation?
3. Who does Pat Conroy appeal to for permission to travel to Washington D.C.?
4. Jasper is confused by what, at the end of Chapter 10?
5. In the spring, what luxury is given to the school house?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)