|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The judge rules the school board has "the power to fire any teacher considered" ______?
2. Who does Pat Conroy appeal to for permission to travel to Washington D.C.?
(a) Dr. Piedmont.
(b) All of these.
(c) Mrs. Brown.
3. What are the kids most excited about in Washington D.C.?
(a) A museum.
(b) The White House.
(c) The zoo.
(d) The park.
4. Who is against taking the students to Washington D.C.?
(a) Pat Conroy.
(d) Mrs. Brown.
5. What happens in January that hasn't happened on Yamacraw Island since 1952?
(a) The fish start migrating.
(b) The oysters are edible.
(c) The river floods the town.
(d) A bad cold spell.
6. What animal moves into Pat Conroy's house in Chapter 8?
7. Why does Lincoln hog-tie his dog?
(a) To wash him.
(b) To remove ticks.
(c) To tease him.
(d) To shave him.
8. How many straps does Mrs. Brown carry with her?
9. What makes Mrs. Brown angry during the collage making in Chapter 7?
(a) The kids ate glue.
(b) The kids used a naked photo.
(c) The kids were great artists.
(d) There was a mouse in the magazines.
10. When Pat Conroy is first fired, Dr. Piedmont accuses him of what charge?
(a) Bribing Mrs. Brown.
(b) Being late to class.
(c) Not using the text book.
(d) Swearing at the students.
11. What does Pat Conroy suggest the kids do when Mrs. Brown talks?
(a) Ignore her.
(b) Agree with her.
(c) Nod and smile.
(d) Applaud her.
12. Pat Conroy feels what issue is changing the South during The Water is Wide?
(b) Religion in school.
(c) Hypocritical administration.
(d) Global warming.
13. Which Italian character sang as part of his lesson to the kids?
14. By the end of Chapter 8, who has Pat Conroy alienated?
(a) Mr. Miller.
(b) Dr. Piedmont.
(c) Mr. Bennington.
(d) Mr. Randel.
15. After Pat Conroy's river rides, his feet would turn what color?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after Pat Conroy stops teaching does he write The Water is Wide?
2. What news does Howard Sedgwick give Pat Conroy in Chapter 11?
3. What book reminds Pat Conroy of his animal infestation in Chapter 8?
4. Who asks Dr. Piedmont what discipline is available for Pat Conroy other than dismissal ?
5. What do the girls wear to graduation?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)