|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The islanders fear what, if Pat Conroy no longer teaches on the island?
(a) "The girls will have broken hearts."
(b) "He will turn to drinking."
(c) "The boys will get violent."
(d) "The island will go down."
2. Who has the best rifle collection on the island?
(a) Top Cat's father.
(b) Pat Conroy.
(d) Ted Stone.
3. What type of discipline does Pat Conroy disagree with?
(a) Shouting at students.
(b) Calling parents.
(c) Essay writing.
(d) Corporal punishment.
4. The judge rules the school board has "the power to fire any teacher considered" ______?
5. Why does Dr. Piedmont object to Pat Conroy's use of gas for the boat?
(a) It is polluting the waters.
(b) It won't get him very far.
(c) It is dangerous.
(d) The county is paying for it.
6. What does Carol Ann do to convince the students she is a witch?
(a) She claims to have visited the spirit world.
(b) She flies.
(c) Magic tricks.
(d) She lights a fire.
7. What does Ted Stone accuse Steve McQueen of being?
(b) A Nazi.
(c) A womanizer.
(d) Too wealthy.
8. What basketball team does Pat Conroy take the boys to see?
(a) The Bulls.
(b) The Lakers.
(c) The Pistons.
(d) The Globetrotters.
9. What time of day does Pat Conroy enjoy on the river?
(c) 7 a.m.
(d) 5 p.m.
10. Why does Lincoln hog-tie his dog?
(a) To remove ticks.
(b) To shave him.
(c) To wash him.
(d) To tease him.
11. How high is the basketball basket on Yamacraw Island?
(a) 3 feet.
(b) 5 feet.
(c) 10 feet.
(d) 8 feet.
12. Who is the first parent to give permission for the Washington D.C. trip?
(a) Top Cat's father.
(b) Carolina's father.
(c) Cindy Lou's mother.
(d) Prophet's mother.
13. In Chapter 7, Mrs. Brown beats Prophet for doing what?
(b) Hanging from the urinal.
(c) Spitting at the girls.
(d) Stealing lunch money.
14. How did Pat Conroy feel about the kids on Yamacraw Island?
(a) He was jealous of them.
(b) He liked them.
(c) He was afraid of them.
(d) He despised them.
15. Who is the tallest basketball player at the Yamacraw school?
(d) Top Cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, the administration fights with Pat Conroy about what?
2. Pat Conroy challenges the troublemakers in class to what sport?
3. When Pat Conroy visits Mrs. Brown at home, she surprises him by doing what?
4. Who does Pat Conroy live with at the end of October?
5. What method of physical control does Pat Conroy introduce in class?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)