|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pat Conroy is first fired, Dr. Piedmont accuses him of what charge?
(a) Swearing at the students.
(b) Being late to class.
(c) Bribing Mrs. Brown.
(d) Not using the text book.
2. Who asks Dr. Piedmont what discipline is available for Pat Conroy other than dismissal ?
(c) The judge.
(d) Pat Conroy's mother.
3. What title does Pat Conroy give himself after trouble starts with Mrs. Brown?
(a) The terminator.
(b) Safety office.
(c) Class officer.
(d) Assistant principal.
4. What sport does Peter teach the kids of Yamacraw Island?
(a) Ping pong.
5. In Chapter 12, Pat Conroy thinks Dr. Piedmont and Bennington are too affected by what?
6. Why did Uncle Charlie cut his cat's head off?
(a) It was going blind.
(b) It ate a mouse.
(c) It ate a liver.
(d) It bit him.
7. What do the students give Zeke at graduation?
(a) "The Island Warrior."
(b) "The Family Man."
(c) A flask.
(d) "The Bible."
8. Why does Pat Conroy write The Water is Wide?
(a) To get back at the administration.
(b) To understand his time on Yamacraw Island.
(c) Barbara makes him.
(d) For his students.
9. What does Pat Conroy like about Mrs. Brown?
(a) Her fearlessness.
(b) Her humor.
(c) Her love for children.
(d) Her intelligence.
10. How many of the island mothers plan to attend the board meeting to save Pat Conroy?
(a) All of them.
11. How do the students feel about Mrs. Brown?
(a) They hate her.
(b) They respect her.
(c) They think she's funny.
(d) They love her.
12. Pat Conroy feels he is fighting against what at the school?
(b) The moths.
(d) The weather.
13. How did Pat Conroy feel about the kids on Yamacraw Island?
(a) He despised them.
(b) He was jealous of them.
(c) He was afraid of them.
(d) He liked them.
14. What helps relieve Pat Conroy's anger at his dismissal?
15. Who does Pat Conroy appeal to for permission to travel to Washington D.C.?
(b) All of these.
(c) Dr. Piedmont.
(d) Mrs. Brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Italian character sang as part of his lesson to the kids?
2. In Chapter 12, Pat Conroy realizes who wants acceptance from whites?
3. Who close to Pat Conroy yells at Dr. Piedmont at a board meeting?
4. What does Mrs. Brown tell the children she's tired of after lecturing about hygiene?
5. In what city does Saul go to the bathroom on a public street?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)