|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Dr. Piedmont what discipline is available for Pat Conroy other than dismissal ?
(a) The judge.
(d) Pat Conroy's mother.
2. In what city does Saul go to the bathroom on a public street?
(c) Myrtle Beach.
3. In Chapter 12, Pat Conroy sees what version of the South rising?
(a) "Hatred and nationalism."
(b) "Humanity and goodness."
(c) "Tolerant and forgiving."
(d) "Racist and angry."
4. Pat Conroy wishes for what at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) To fix all his students.
(b) To get off the island.
(c) To make more money.
(d) For Mrs. Brown to like him.
5. How high is the basketball basket on Yamacraw Island?
(a) 5 feet.
(b) 10 feet.
(c) 8 feet.
(d) 3 feet.
6. In Chapter 12, Pat Conroy thinks Dr. Piedmont and Bennington are too affected by what?
7. What sport does Peter teach the kids of Yamacraw Island?
(a) Ping pong.
8. What does Pat Conroy raise money for by working at the Desegregation Center?
(a) A school trip to Atlanta.
(b) Food for the islanders.
(c) Coats and gloves.
(d) A new library.
9. Who does Pat Conroy live with at the end of October?
(a) Ted Stone.
(b) An island family.
(c) Mrs. Brown.
(d) His family.
10. Who is Pat Conroy's only friend in the administration?
(a) Dr. Piedmont.
(b) Mr. Randel.
(c) Mr. Bennington.
(d) Mr. Miller.
11. Why does Pat Conroy sometimes travel the river in bad weather?
(a) To show off.
(b) He loves the cold weather.
(c) To prove it can be done.
(d) He likes the risk.
12. What makes Mrs. Brown angry during the collage making in Chapter 7?
(a) The kids ate glue.
(b) The kids were great artists.
(c) There was a mouse in the magazines.
(d) The kids used a naked photo.
13. What title does Pat Conroy give himself after trouble starts with Mrs. Brown?
(a) Assistant principal.
(b) The terminator.
(c) Class officer.
(d) Safety office.
14. What does Carol Ann do to convince the students she is a witch?
(a) Magic tricks.
(b) She lights a fire.
(c) She flies.
(d) She claims to have visited the spirit world.
15. Barbara invites the girls to her house for what holiday?
(a) Valentine's Day.
(b) May Day.
(d) St. Patrick's Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What helps relieve Pat Conroy's anger at his dismissal?
2. What do the girls wear to graduation?
3. How do the students feel about Mrs. Brown?
4. In Chapter 10, Dr. Piedmont says his secret to success is what?
5. Who does Pat Conroy appeal to for permission to travel to Washington D.C.?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)