|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets injured during the Halloween festivities?
(b) Pat Conroy.
(c) Cindy Lou.
(d) Top Cat.
2. What type of the welcome do the students receive in South Carolina?
(a) Lukewarm attention.
(b) Excited greetings.
(d) They are ignored.
3. What does Pat Conroy like to do after school?
4. Why does Mrs. Brown make Pat Conroy principal of the school?
(a) She has a crush on him.
(b) He has the training.
(c) He wants to be principal.
(d) He is white.
5. What book is Cindy Lou's favorite?
(a) Tommy the Telephone.
(b) Goodnight Moon.
(c) Gone with the Wind.
(d) The Little Engine that Could.
6. What is Pat Conroy's philosophy at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) "Live and let live."
(b) "Work hard and play hard."
(c) "Life was good but it was hard".
(d) "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em."
7. In Chapter One, what is the situation at Yamacraw school?
(a) No motivation or materials.
(b) All black students.
(c) All of these.
(d) Teachers do not get along.
8. Why are Jim and Joe banned from teaching on Yamacraw Island?
(a) Pat Conroy doesn't like them.
(b) Joe cannot read.
(c) They lack credentials.
(d) Jim swears too much.
9. What object talks for Mrs. Graves when she gets mad?
(a) "The Fist."
(c) "The Hammer."
(d) "The Hand."
10. What is Ted Stone's attitude when first meeting Pat Conroy?
(a) Warm and friendly.
(b) Aloof and distant.
11. Which student is sensitive about being short?
(a) Top Cat.
(d) Cindy Lou.
12. In Chapter One, Pat Conroy had not yet heard back from what organization?
(b) The FBI.
(c) The Peace Corp.
(d) The Army.
13. What type of equipment does Pat Conroy use to show the class movies?
(a) Television DVR recordings.
(b) A VCR.
(c) An automatic movie projector.
(d) His laptop.
14. What does Pat Conroy watch for when boating?
(a) Natural wildlife.
(c) High tide.
(d) Sandbars and oyster banks.
15. What color is home protection in voodoo?
Short Answer Questions
1. To Pat Conroy, what makes the Skimberry's interesting people?
2. Pat Conroy doubts Yamacraw knows of what?
3. In what usual way does Prophet address Pat Conroy?
4. Pat Conroy threatens to do what to anyone who doesn't want to hear the national news?
5. During the time period of The Water is Wide, Brazil produced the most what for the world?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)