|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who confronted Pat Conroy on the day Martin Luther was buried?
(a) The administration.
(b) Lily Smalls.
(c) Lureen Wallace.
(d) His wife.
2. Pat Conroy feels what, showing his music loving students to whites?
(b) "Sadistic greed."
(c) "Satanic pleasure."
(d) "Melancholy disbelief."
3. What first assignment does Pat Conroy give the class?
(a) Sing the alphabet.
(b) Draw their family.
(c) Spell their names.
(d) Draw him.
4. The Halloween trip gives the kids what impression of South Carolina?
(a) Everyone loves black children.
(b) Ghosts and goblins run free.
(c) Mrs. Brown is a witch.
(d) You can knock on any door and get candy.
5. What modern convenience does Yamacraw lack?
(c) Running water.
(d) Telephone service.
6. In what usual way does Prophet address Pat Conroy?
(c) Mr. Stephens.
(d) Your highness.
7. The students thought the word Conroy was what?
8. What does Pat Conroy feel for the Confederate flag?
9. Bernie earned a Top Tiger award for selling what?
(a) Sewing machines.
10. What sport goes violently wrong when Pat Conroy tries to teach it?
11. Why did Zeke and Ida stop attending the Baptist church?
(a) The church refused black people.
(b) They stopped believing in God.
(c) Ida couldn't sing in the choir.
(d) Zeke was tired of getting up early.
12. Where does Bernie Schein get shipped to?
13. What does Mrs. Graves say about Pat Conroy?
(a) He is a "fine lookin' man."
(b) He is "uneducated."
(c) He is a "conceited man."
(d) He is "fat."
14. Who is the first classical artist Pat Conroy plays for his class?
15. Who gets injured during the Halloween festivities?
(a) Top Cat.
(b) Cindy Lou.
(d) Pat Conroy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of the welcome do the students receive in South Carolina?
2. In Chapter One, Pat Conroy had not yet heard back from what organization?
3. Where did Pat Conroy visit Dr. Henry Piedmont?
4. Who shot Saul's dog?
5. What food item from Yamacraw is famous?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)