|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pat Conroy doubts Yamacraw knows of what?
(a) The Constitution.
(b) The information highway.
(c) Gun control.
(d) The Emancipation Proclamation.
2. What object talks for Mrs. Graves when she gets mad?
(b) "The Hand."
(c) "The Fist."
(d) "The Hammer."
3. What pet name does Mrs. Brown give kids in her class?
4. What type of animal does Pat Conroy give his students?
5. Who shot Saul's dog?
(a) Mrs. Brown.
(d) Pat Conroy.
6. What is Ted Stone's attitude when first meeting Pat Conroy?
(b) Aloof and distant.
(d) Warm and friendly.
7. What could interfere with Lou's mail delivery on the island?
(a) A broken mail truck.
(b) Dogs not tied up.
(c) Her bad back.
(d) Weather and her mood.
8. Pat Conroy threatens to do what to anyone who doesn't want to hear the national news?
(a) Give them an A+.
(b) Applaud them.
(c) Break their arm.
(d) Flunk them out.
9. During the time period of The Water is Wide, Brazil produced the most what for the world?
10. What saying hung in the classroom on Pat Conroy's visit?
(a) Dream it and do it.
(b) Just do it.
(c) Learn and all will follow.
(d) Education is the key to success.
11. Where did Pat Conroy visit Dr. Henry Piedmont?
(a) Beaufort, South Carolina.
(b) Charlotte, North Carolina.
(c) Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
(d) Athens, Georgia.
12. Which student is sensitive about being short?
(b) Cindy Lou.
(d) Top Cat.
13. The students thought the word Conroy was what?
14. Who suggested Pat Conroy change the direction of his teaching career?
(a) George Garbade.
(b) Bernie Schein.
(c) Jason Keener.
(d) Mike Jones.
15. Why is Pat Conroy nice to Ted and Lou, in spite of their racism?
(a) He is secretly racist.
(b) He likes Lou.
(c) He needs their help.
(d) He is frightened of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pat Conroy is required to get permission to leave school during recess from who?
2. What type of tubing does the island use in bootlegging?
3. What type of the welcome do the students receive in South Carolina?
4. Which popular singer do the students in Yamacraw love?
5. Cindy Lou protests what about Halloween?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)