|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggested Pat Conroy change the direction of his teaching career?
(a) Mike Jones.
(b) Jason Keener.
(c) George Garbade.
(d) Bernie Schein.
2. What animal bites Pat Conroy in Chapter 5?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A snake.
(d) A dog.
3. In what usual way does Prophet address Pat Conroy?
(b) Mr. Stephens.
(c) Your highness.
4. What saying hung in the classroom on Pat Conroy's visit?
(a) Education is the key to success.
(b) Learn and all will follow.
(c) Dream it and do it.
(d) Just do it.
5. What pet name does Mrs. Brown give kids in her class?
6. What ends Pat Conroy's desire to swim at Yamacraw?
7. Pat Conroy feels what, showing his music loving students to whites?
(a) "Satanic pleasure."
(b) "Sadistic greed."
(d) "Melancholy disbelief."
8. Zeke is concerned about the what in Yamacraw?
(d) Lack of the arts.
9. Who is a "poetess of profanity?"
(a) Miss Glover.
(d) Mrs. Brown.
10. Why does the superintendent think Pat Conroy came to him?
11. What first assignment does Pat Conroy give the class?
(a) Sing the alphabet.
(b) Draw him.
(c) Spell their names.
(d) Draw their family.
12. What color is home protection in voodoo?
13. Bernie earned a Top Tiger award for selling what?
(a) Sewing machines.
14. Which popular singer do the students in Yamacraw love?
(a) Frank Sinatra.
(b) Elvis Presley.
(c) James Brown.
(d) Ray Charles.
15. Who gets injured during the Halloween festivities?
(a) Pat Conroy.
(b) Top Cat.
(c) Cindy Lou.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Halloween, Mrs. Brown shames the class over what?
2. At the end of September, where does Pat Conroy move?
3. What does Mrs. Graves say about Pat Conroy?
4. Pat Conroy lost his job coaching basketball over what suspicion?
5. In Chapter One, Pat Conroy had not yet heard back from what organization?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)