|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the deputy superintendent?
(a) Bernie Schien.
(b) Dr. Piedmont.
(c) Ezra Bennington.
(d) George Garbade.
2. What first assignment does Pat Conroy give the class?
(a) Sing the alphabet.
(b) Draw their family.
(c) Draw him.
(d) Spell their names.
3. Why does the superintendent think Pat Conroy came to him?
4. What game does Pat Conroy let students play in class?
(c) Play and Talk.
5. What do the kids call Leonard Bernstein?
(a) Young Len.
(b) Lenny Side Burns.
(c) Lenny Burn Stine.
(d) Old Shy-Koski.
6. What type of program do Jim and Joe set up after school?
7. What animal bites Pat Conroy in Chapter 5?
(a) A snake.
(b) A dog.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A wolf.
8. Who suggests bringing the students to Beaufort to celebrate Halloween?
(b) Pat Conroy.
(d) Mrs. Brown.
9. What type of insect tortures Pat Conroy on Yamacraw?
10. Who is described as a "portrait of efficiency?"
(a) Andy Pappas.
(b) Miss Glover.
(c) Ted Stone.
(d) Lou Stone.
11. To Pat Conroy, what makes the Skimberry's interesting people?
(a) Their lack of pretense.
(b) Their support of the war.
(c) Their scientific abilities.
(d) Their long hair.
12. Pat Conroy feels what, showing his music loving students to whites?
(b) "Sadistic greed."
(c) "Satanic pleasure."
(d) "Melancholy disbelief."
13. Who is the island witch doctor?
(a) Miss Glover.
(b) Mrs. Brown.
(c) Mr. Bennington.
(d) Lou Stone.
14. What type of animal does Pat Conroy give his students?
15. During the time period of The Water is Wide, Brazil produced the most what for the world?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter One, what is the situation at Yamacraw school?
2. At the end of September, where does Pat Conroy move?
3. Who suggested Pat Conroy change the direction of his teaching career?
4. What does Pat Conroy like to do after school?
5. Where did the children compete for prizes during Halloween?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)