|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pat Conroy sleep his first night in Yamacraw?
(a) On the floor.
(b) In a bed.
(c) In a hammock.
(d) Under the stars.
2. What is Pat Conroy's philosophy at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) "Live and let live."
(b) "Work hard and play hard."
(c) "Life was good but it was hard".
(d) "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em."
3. Pat Conroy doubts Yamacraw knows of what?
(a) The information highway.
(b) The Constitution.
(c) The Emancipation Proclamation.
(d) Gun control.
4. What type of large snake does the island house?
(b) Diamondback rattlesnake.
(c) Boa constrictor.
5. What type of equipment does Pat Conroy use to show the class movies?
(a) Television DVR recordings.
(b) A VCR.
(c) An automatic movie projector.
(d) His laptop.
6. Pat Conroy lost his job coaching basketball over what suspicion?
(a) Poor coaching ability.
(b) He couldn't shoot a basket.
(c) Favor for "the coloreds."
(d) Dislike for "the coloreds."
7. What does Pat Conroy watch for when boating?
(a) Sandbars and oyster banks.
(b) High tide.
(c) Natural wildlife.
8. What type of animal does Pat Conroy give his students?
9. Who is the first classical artist Pat Conroy plays for his class?
10. Where did Pat Conroy visit Dr. Henry Piedmont?
(a) Athens, Georgia.
(b) Charlotte, North Carolina.
(c) Beaufort, South Carolina.
(d) Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
11. What type of program do Jim and Joe set up after school?
12. Why is Pat Conroy concerned about sending the kids to Beaufort for Halloween?
(a) They might experience racism.
(b) They do not celebrate Halloween.
(c) They do not have costumes.
(d) They get motion sick on the water.
13. The Halloween trip gives the kids what impression of South Carolina?
(a) You can knock on any door and get candy.
(b) Everyone loves black children.
(c) Ghosts and goblins run free.
(d) Mrs. Brown is a witch.
14. Why does the superintendent think Pat Conroy came to him?
15. What does Top Cat do with the tape recorder?
(a) Smashes it.
(b) Sings into it.
(c) Hides it.
(d) Runs from it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests bringing the students to Beaufort to celebrate Halloween?
2. Who is the king of Yamacraw Island?
3. Where is Zeke Skimberry from?
4. Why is Pat Conroy nice to Ted and Lou, in spite of their racism?
5. Who shot Saul's dog?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)