|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pat Conroy threatens to do what to anyone who doesn't want to hear the national news?
(a) Break their arm.
(b) Applaud them.
(c) Give them an A+.
(d) Flunk them out.
2. In Chapter One, Pat Conroy had not yet heard back from what organization?
(a) The Peace Corp.
(b) The Army.
(c) The FBI.
3. In what usual way does Prophet address Pat Conroy?
(a) Your highness.
(d) Mr. Stephens.
4. Who confronted Pat Conroy on the day Martin Luther was buried?
(a) Lily Smalls.
(b) His wife.
(c) Lureen Wallace.
(d) The administration.
5. Why did Zeke and Ida stop attending the Baptist church?
(a) Zeke was tired of getting up early.
(b) They stopped believing in God.
(c) The church refused black people.
(d) Ida couldn't sing in the choir.
6. Who is the deputy superintendent?
(a) Dr. Piedmont.
(b) Bernie Schien.
(c) George Garbade.
(d) Ezra Bennington.
7. What is Pat Conroy's philosophy at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em."
(b) "Life was good but it was hard".
(c) "Live and let live."
(d) "Work hard and play hard."
8. Who is described as a "portrait of efficiency?"
(a) Miss Glover.
(b) Ted Stone.
(c) Lou Stone.
(d) Andy Pappas.
9. Which student is sensitive about being short?
(a) Top Cat.
(d) Cindy Lou.
10. Who protests the showing of films to students?
(a) Jimmy Sue.
(b) Mrs. Brown.
(c) Ethel Lee.
(d) Cindy Lou.
11. Who is the first classical artist Pat Conroy plays for his class?
12. What kind of animal does Sam hurt in Chapter 5?
(a) A newt.
(b) A dog.
(c) A cat.
(d) A toad.
13. What game does Pat Conroy let students play in class?
(d) Play and Talk.
14. Where did Pat Conroy visit Dr. Henry Piedmont?
(a) Athens, Georgia.
(b) Beaufort, South Carolina.
(c) Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
(d) Charlotte, North Carolina.
15. What ends Pat Conroy's desire to swim at Yamacraw?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pat Conroy watch for when boating?
2. How many people left Yamacraw in the migration?
3. What type of equipment does Pat Conroy use to show the class movies?
4. What do the kids call Leonard Bernstein?
5. How many fingers do the illiterate students think are on a hand?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)