|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is a "poetess of profanity?"
(a) Miss Glover.
(d) Mrs. Brown.
2. What kind of animal does Sam hurt in Chapter 5?
(a) A cat.
(b) A dog.
(c) A newt.
(d) A toad.
3. What animal bites Pat Conroy in Chapter 5?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A dog.
(d) A snake.
4. Bernie earned a Top Tiger award for selling what?
(d) Sewing machines.
5. Beaufort friends warn Pat Conroy against befriending who?
(a) Lou and Ted.
(b) Frank and Mary.
(c) Zeke Skimberry.
(d) Mrs. Brown.
6. After Halloween, Mrs. Brown shames the class over what?
(a) Who wet the wrestling mat.
(b) Their lack of intelligence.
(c) Stealing candy.
(d) Dressing up.
7. Who is the island witch doctor?
(a) Lou Stone.
(b) Mrs. Brown.
(c) Miss Glover.
(d) Mr. Bennington.
8. Why is Pat Conroy concerned about sending the kids to Beaufort for Halloween?
(a) They do not celebrate Halloween.
(b) They get motion sick on the water.
(c) They might experience racism.
(d) They do not have costumes.
9. What unique style of teaching does Pat Conroy use to share information with his class?
(a) Essay writing.
(c) Pep rally.
10. Who suggests bringing the students to Beaufort to celebrate Halloween?
(a) Mrs. Brown.
(b) Pat Conroy.
11. What sport goes violently wrong when Pat Conroy tries to teach it?
12. What does Pat Conroy feel for the Confederate flag?
13. Who confronted Pat Conroy on the day Martin Luther was buried?
(a) The administration.
(b) Lily Smalls.
(c) His wife.
(d) Lureen Wallace.
14. The children are transported by what during the Halloween festivities?
(b) A hot-air balloon.
(c) A bus.
(d) A trolley.
15. Which student is sensitive about being short?
(b) Cindy Lou.
(c) Top Cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of tubing does the island use in bootlegging?
2. Who protests the showing of films to students?
3. What do the kids call Leonard Bernstein?
4. Why are Jim and Joe banned from teaching on Yamacraw Island?
5. Who gets injured during the Halloween festivities?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)