|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ends Pat Conroy's desire to swim at Yamacraw?
2. What type of equipment does Pat Conroy use to show the class movies?
(a) His laptop.
(b) An automatic movie projector.
(c) Television DVR recordings.
(d) A VCR.
3. Who protests the showing of films to students?
(a) Jimmy Sue.
(b) Ethel Lee.
(c) Cindy Lou.
(d) Mrs. Brown.
4. Who tries to prevent the students from leaving Yamacraw Island for Halloween?
(a) The childrens' parents.
(b) All of these.
(c) Mrs. Brown.
(d) The children.
5. How many books were donated to the Yamacraw community center?
6. What type of tubing does the island use in bootlegging?
7. What caused migration away from Yamacraw?
(b) A factory's pollutants.
(c) Lack of vaccines.
(d) A desire for education.
8. Pat Conroy threatens to do what to anyone who doesn't want to hear the national news?
(a) Give them an A+.
(b) Applaud them.
(c) Break their arm.
(d) Flunk them out.
9. Which popular singer do the students in Yamacraw love?
(a) Ray Charles.
(b) Elvis Presley.
(c) James Brown.
(d) Frank Sinatra.
10. To Pat Conroy, what makes the Skimberry's interesting people?
(a) Their scientific abilities.
(b) Their lack of pretense.
(c) Their long hair.
(d) Their support of the war.
11. What sport goes violently wrong when Pat Conroy tries to teach it?
12. Where did Pat Conroy visit Dr. Henry Piedmont?
(a) Beaufort, South Carolina.
(b) Charlotte, North Carolina.
(c) Athens, Georgia.
(d) Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
13. Pat Conroy hangs a poster of which classical artist on the classroom wall?
(a) James Brown.
14. At the end of September, where does Pat Conroy move?
(a) The Buckner house.
(b) Ida's house.
(c) The Mainland.
(d) The school house.
15. Who confronted Pat Conroy on the day Martin Luther was buried?
(a) Lily Smalls.
(b) The administration.
(c) His wife.
(d) Lureen Wallace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bernie earned a Top Tiger award for selling what?
2. What is Pat Conroy's philosophy at the end of Chapter 6?
3. What is Ted Stone's attitude when first meeting Pat Conroy?
4. What object talks for Mrs. Graves when she gets mad?
5. After Halloween, Mrs. Brown shames the class over what?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)