|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beaufort friends warn Pat Conroy against befriending who?
(a) Mrs. Brown.
(b) Zeke Skimberry.
(c) Frank and Mary.
(d) Lou and Ted.
2. Why does Mrs. Brown make Pat Conroy principal of the school?
(a) He has the training.
(b) He is white.
(c) She has a crush on him.
(d) He wants to be principal.
3. Pat Conroy threatens to do what to anyone who doesn't want to hear the national news?
(a) Applaud them.
(b) Give them an A+.
(c) Flunk them out.
(d) Break their arm.
4. Where does Pat Conroy sleep his first night in Yamacraw?
(a) On the floor.
(b) In a hammock.
(c) Under the stars.
(d) In a bed.
5. Zeke is concerned about the what in Yamacraw?
(b) Lack of the arts.
6. What type of equipment does Pat Conroy use to show the class movies?
(a) Television DVR recordings.
(b) An automatic movie projector.
(c) His laptop.
(d) A VCR.
7. Who gets injured during the Halloween festivities?
(a) Cindy Lou.
(c) Top Cat.
(d) Pat Conroy.
8. Pat Conroy hangs a poster of which classical artist on the classroom wall?
(a) James Brown.
9. The Halloween trip gives the kids what impression of South Carolina?
(a) Ghosts and goblins run free.
(b) Everyone loves black children.
(c) You can knock on any door and get candy.
(d) Mrs. Brown is a witch.
10. What type of tubing does the island use in bootlegging?
11. What type of program do Jim and Joe set up after school?
12. Who is described as a "portrait of efficiency?"
(a) Lou Stone.
(b) Ted Stone.
(c) Miss Glover.
(d) Andy Pappas.
13. Pat Conroy doubts Yamacraw knows of what?
(a) The Constitution.
(b) The Emancipation Proclamation.
(c) Gun control.
(d) The information highway.
14. What ends Pat Conroy's desire to swim at Yamacraw?
15. What type of insect tortures Pat Conroy on Yamacraw?
Short Answer Questions
1. What object talks for Mrs. Graves when she gets mad?
2. What game does Pat Conroy let students play in class?
3. Which student is sensitive about being short?
4. During the time period of The Water is Wide, Brazil produced the most what for the world?
5. What kind of animal does Sam hurt in Chapter 5?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)