|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What age group did Pat Conroy first teach?
(a) Junior high.
(c) High school.
2. What does Pat Conroy like to do after school?
3. What saying hung in the classroom on Pat Conroy's visit?
(a) Just do it.
(b) Dream it and do it.
(c) Learn and all will follow.
(d) Education is the key to success.
4. What food item from Yamacraw is famous?
5. To Pat Conroy, what makes the Skimberry's interesting people?
(a) Their scientific abilities.
(b) Their long hair.
(c) Their support of the war.
(d) Their lack of pretense.
6. What unique style of teaching does Pat Conroy use to share information with his class?
(c) Pep rally.
(d) Essay writing.
7. What does Pat Conroy watch for when boating?
(a) High tide.
(b) Natural wildlife.
(c) Sandbars and oyster banks.
8. Pat Conroy threatens to do what to anyone who doesn't want to hear the national news?
(a) Flunk them out.
(b) Give them an A+.
(c) Break their arm.
(d) Applaud them.
9. Who is described as a "portrait of efficiency?"
(a) Andy Pappas.
(b) Ted Stone.
(c) Lou Stone.
(d) Miss Glover.
10. The children are transported by what during the Halloween festivities?
(a) A hot-air balloon.
(b) A trolley.
(d) A bus.
11. Why does the superintendent think Pat Conroy came to him?
12. Who suggests bringing the students to Beaufort to celebrate Halloween?
(c) Mrs. Brown.
(d) Pat Conroy.
13. What color is home protection in voodoo?
14. Which popular singer do the students in Yamacraw love?
(a) Elvis Presley.
(b) James Brown.
(c) Frank Sinatra.
(d) Ray Charles.
15. Pat Conroy hangs a poster of which classical artist on the classroom wall?
(a) James Brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pat Conroy request to teach?
2. Pat Conroy lost his job coaching basketball over what suspicion?
3. Why did Zeke and Ida stop attending the Baptist church?
4. How many fingers do the illiterate students think are on a hand?
5. What cataloge is popular at the Yamacraw school?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)