|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, where are the two island newcomers from?
(a) North Carolina.
(c) South Carolina.
2. Who in South Carolina sent the kids letters after their Halloween trip?
(b) Host families.
(c) All of these.
3. Why is Pat Conroy nice to Ted and Lou, in spite of their racism?
(a) He likes Lou.
(b) He is secretly racist.
(c) He is frightened of them.
(d) He needs their help.
4. Which student is sensitive about being short?
(a) Top Cat.
(d) Cindy Lou.
5. Beaufort friends warn Pat Conroy against befriending who?
(a) Lou and Ted.
(b) Frank and Mary.
(c) Mrs. Brown.
(d) Zeke Skimberry.
6. Who suggests bringing the students to Beaufort to celebrate Halloween?
(b) Pat Conroy.
(d) Mrs. Brown.
7. What type of tubing does the island use in bootlegging?
8. Who protests the showing of films to students?
(a) Cindy Lou.
(b) Ethel Lee.
(c) Jimmy Sue.
(d) Mrs. Brown.
9. Who is the king of Yamacraw Island?
(a) Jake Cross.
(b) Sam Thomas.
(c) Ted Stone.
(d) Belle Blair.
10. Why does Mrs. Brown make Pat Conroy principal of the school?
(a) He is white.
(b) She has a crush on him.
(c) He has the training.
(d) He wants to be principal.
11. What type of the welcome do the students receive in South Carolina?
(a) Excited greetings.
(c) Lukewarm attention.
(d) They are ignored.
12. Where does Bernie Schein get shipped to?
13. Where did the children compete for prizes during Halloween?
(a) At an apple bobbing contest.
(b) From the local lottery.
(c) The newspaper contest.
(d) At school carnival booths.
14. What game does Pat Conroy let students play in class?
(a) Play and Talk.
15. How many books were donated to the Yamacraw community center?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is home protection in voodoo?
2. Who gets injured during the Halloween festivities?
3. What food item from Yamacraw is famous?
4. What modern convenience does Yamacraw lack?
5. In Chapter One, Pat Conroy had not yet heard back from what organization?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)