|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Halloween trip help Pat Conroy's standing on the island?
(a) It helped him assimilate.
(b) The women started to love him.
(c) It made him an outcast.
(d) It lost him friends.
2. What is Pat Conroy's philosophy at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) "Live and let live."
(b) "Work hard and play hard."
(c) "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em."
(d) "Life was good but it was hard".
3. What is Ted Stone's attitude when first meeting Pat Conroy?
(a) Aloof and distant.
(d) Warm and friendly.
4. Pat Conroy hangs a poster of which classical artist on the classroom wall?
(d) James Brown.
5. Where did the children compete for prizes during Halloween?
(a) At school carnival booths.
(b) The newspaper contest.
(c) At an apple bobbing contest.
(d) From the local lottery.
6. What color is home protection in voodoo?
7. What first assignment does Pat Conroy give the class?
(a) Sing the alphabet.
(b) Draw their family.
(c) Spell their names.
(d) Draw him.
8. What animal bites Pat Conroy in Chapter 5?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A dog.
(d) A snake.
9. Pat Conroy lost his job coaching basketball over what suspicion?
(a) Poor coaching ability.
(b) Dislike for "the coloreds."
(c) Favor for "the coloreds."
(d) He couldn't shoot a basket.
10. Where did Pat Conroy visit Dr. Henry Piedmont?
(a) Charlotte, North Carolina.
(b) Athens, Georgia.
(c) Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
(d) Beaufort, South Carolina.
11. Who confronted Pat Conroy on the day Martin Luther was buried?
(a) Lureen Wallace.
(b) Lily Smalls.
(c) His wife.
(d) The administration.
12. What do the kids call Leonard Bernstein?
(a) Old Shy-Koski.
(b) Lenny Side Burns.
(c) Young Len.
(d) Lenny Burn Stine.
13. Who suggests bringing the students to Beaufort to celebrate Halloween?
(b) Pat Conroy.
(c) Mrs. Brown.
14. What prevents the group from returning to Yamacraw Island after Halloween?
(a) They arrive in Yamacraw as scheduled.
(b) An injured student.
(c) The weather.
(d) A missing student.
15. To Pat Conroy, what makes the Skimberry's interesting people?
(a) Their support of the war.
(b) Their scientific abilities.
(c) Their long hair.
(d) Their lack of pretense.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pat Conroy doubts Yamacraw knows of what?
2. What modern convenience does Yamacraw lack?
3. Why is Pat Conroy concerned about sending the kids to Beaufort for Halloween?
4. Why are Jim and Joe banned from teaching on Yamacraw Island?
5. Who is the king of Yamacraw Island?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)