|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ted Stone's attitude when first meeting Pat Conroy?
(b) Aloof and distant.
(c) Warm and friendly.
2. Who gets injured during the Halloween festivities?
(a) Top Cat.
(c) Cindy Lou.
(d) Pat Conroy.
3. The students thought the word Conroy was what?
4. Where does Bernie Schein get shipped to?
5. Who shot Saul's dog?
(b) Pat Conroy.
(c) Mrs. Brown.
6. Bernie earned a Top Tiger award for selling what?
(c) Sewing machines.
7. After Halloween, Mrs. Brown shames the class over what?
(a) Dressing up.
(b) Their lack of intelligence.
(c) Who wet the wrestling mat.
(d) Stealing candy.
8. Who is a "poetess of profanity?"
(a) Miss Glover.
(d) Mrs. Brown.
9. Why did Zeke and Ida stop attending the Baptist church?
(a) Ida couldn't sing in the choir.
(b) The church refused black people.
(c) They stopped believing in God.
(d) Zeke was tired of getting up early.
10. What pet name does Mrs. Brown give kids in her class?
11. Who protests the showing of films to students?
(a) Jimmy Sue.
(b) Ethel Lee.
(c) Mrs. Brown.
(d) Cindy Lou.
12. Why is Pat Conroy concerned about sending the kids to Beaufort for Halloween?
(a) They do not have costumes.
(b) They get motion sick on the water.
(c) They do not celebrate Halloween.
(d) They might experience racism.
13. Pat Conroy feels what, showing his music loving students to whites?
(b) "Sadistic greed."
(c) "Melancholy disbelief."
(d) "Satanic pleasure."
14. What ends Pat Conroy's desire to swim at Yamacraw?
15. What type of the welcome do the students receive in South Carolina?
(a) They are ignored.
(c) Lukewarm attention.
(d) Excited greetings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the deputy superintendent?
2. Who is the island witch doctor?
3. Who is the first classical artist Pat Conroy plays for his class?
4. Where does Pat Conroy request to teach?
5. How many books were donated to the Yamacraw community center?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)