|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pat Conroy hangs a poster of which classical artist on the classroom wall?
(a) James Brown.
2. Zeke is concerned about the what in Yamacraw?
(b) Lack of the arts.
3. Who gets injured during the Halloween festivities?
(a) Pat Conroy.
(b) Top Cat.
(d) Cindy Lou.
4. Who in South Carolina sent the kids letters after their Halloween trip?
(b) Host families.
(d) All of these.
5. What book is Cindy Lou's favorite?
(a) Gone with the Wind.
(b) Tommy the Telephone.
(c) Goodnight Moon.
(d) The Little Engine that Could.
6. To Pat Conroy, what makes the Skimberry's interesting people?
(a) Their support of the war.
(b) Their long hair.
(c) Their scientific abilities.
(d) Their lack of pretense.
7. What color is home protection in voodoo?
8. Why is it impossible to commute to the island?
(b) No transportation.
(c) Too expensive.
(d) Treacherous weather.
9. Where did Pat Conroy visit Dr. Henry Piedmont?
(a) Beaufort, South Carolina.
(b) Athens, Georgia.
(c) Charlotte, North Carolina.
(d) Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
10. What type of animal does Pat Conroy give his students?
11. Who suggested Pat Conroy change the direction of his teaching career?
(a) George Garbade.
(b) Bernie Schein.
(c) Mike Jones.
(d) Jason Keener.
12. What pet name does Mrs. Brown give kids in her class?
13. Where is Zeke Skimberry from?
14. What object talks for Mrs. Graves when she gets mad?
(a) "The Fist."
(b) "The Hammer."
(d) "The Hand."
15. What is Ted Stone's attitude when first meeting Pat Conroy?
(a) Warm and friendly.
(c) Aloof and distant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pat Conroy lost his job coaching basketball over what suspicion?
2. What type of insect tortures Pat Conroy on Yamacraw?
3. What caused migration away from Yamacraw?
4. What kind of animal does Sam hurt in Chapter 5?
5. In Chapter One, what is the situation at Yamacraw school?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)