|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To Pat Conroy, what makes the Skimberry's interesting people?
(a) Their long hair.
(b) Their lack of pretense.
(c) Their scientific abilities.
(d) Their support of the war.
2. Why is Pat Conroy nice to Ted and Lou, in spite of their racism?
(a) He needs their help.
(b) He is frightened of them.
(c) He is secretly racist.
(d) He likes Lou.
3. Beaufort friends warn Pat Conroy against befriending who?
(a) Lou and Ted.
(b) Frank and Mary.
(c) Mrs. Brown.
(d) Zeke Skimberry.
4. During the time period of The Water is Wide, Brazil produced the most what for the world?
5. What type of equipment does Pat Conroy use to show the class movies?
(a) His laptop.
(b) Television DVR recordings.
(c) A VCR.
(d) An automatic movie projector.
6. Who had a "white school" built on the island?
(a) Pat Conroy.
(b) The whites.
(c) The blacks.
(d) Lou and Ted.
7. Who suggested Pat Conroy change the direction of his teaching career?
(a) George Garbade.
(b) Jason Keener.
(c) Bernie Schein.
(d) Mike Jones.
8. Who gets injured during the Halloween festivities?
(b) Pat Conroy.
(c) Top Cat.
(d) Cindy Lou.
9. Where does Bernie Schein get shipped to?
10. Pat Conroy is required to get permission to leave school during recess from who?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The superintendent.
(c) His wife.
(d) The president.
11. What could interfere with Lou's mail delivery on the island?
(a) A broken mail truck.
(b) Dogs not tied up.
(c) Weather and her mood.
(d) Her bad back.
12. Who is described as a "portrait of efficiency?"
(a) Andy Pappas.
(b) Miss Glover.
(c) Lou Stone.
(d) Ted Stone.
13. Who suggests bringing the students to Beaufort to celebrate Halloween?
(b) Pat Conroy.
(d) Mrs. Brown.
14. Who in South Carolina sent the kids letters after their Halloween trip?
(b) All of these.
(d) Host families.
15. What type of animal does Pat Conroy give his students?
Short Answer Questions
1. Pat Conroy lost his job coaching basketball over what suspicion?
2. What object talks for Mrs. Graves when she gets mad?
3. Who is a "poetess of profanity?"
4. Pat Conroy threatens to do what to anyone who doesn't want to hear the national news?
5. What does Pat Conroy like to do after school?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)