|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Zeke is concerned about the what in Yamacraw?
(c) Lack of the arts.
2. Why are Jim and Joe banned from teaching on Yamacraw Island?
(a) They lack credentials.
(b) Jim swears too much.
(c) Pat Conroy doesn't like them.
(d) Joe cannot read.
3. What does Pat Conroy feel for the Confederate flag?
4. What does Pat Conroy like to do after school?
5. What first assignment does Pat Conroy give the class?
(a) Sing the alphabet.
(b) Draw their family.
(c) Draw him.
(d) Spell their names.
6. Which student is sensitive about being short?
(b) Top Cat.
(c) Cindy Lou.
7. The children are transported by what during the Halloween festivities?
(a) A hot-air balloon.
(b) A trolley.
(d) A bus.
8. What modern convenience does Yamacraw lack?
(b) Running water.
(d) Telephone service.
9. What cataloge is popular at the Yamacraw school?
(a) Outdoor Gear.
(c) Sears Roebuck.
(d) Hunting and Fishing Guide.
10. Pat Conroy is required to get permission to leave school during recess from who?
(a) His wife.
(b) The mayor.
(c) The president.
(d) The superintendent.
11. Why is Pat Conroy nice to Ted and Lou, in spite of their racism?
(a) He is frightened of them.
(b) He is secretly racist.
(c) He needs their help.
(d) He likes Lou.
12. Who suggested Pat Conroy change the direction of his teaching career?
(a) Bernie Schein.
(b) George Garbade.
(c) Jason Keener.
(d) Mike Jones.
13. Who is the deputy superintendent?
(a) Bernie Schien.
(b) George Garbade.
(c) Ezra Bennington.
(d) Dr. Piedmont.
14. What does Pat Conroy watch for when boating?
(a) High tide.
(b) Natural wildlife.
(c) Sandbars and oyster banks.
15. Pat Conroy threatens to do what to anyone who doesn't want to hear the national news?
(a) Give them an A+.
(b) Applaud them.
(c) Break their arm.
(d) Flunk them out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal bites Pat Conroy in Chapter 5?
2. What does Top Cat do with the tape recorder?
3. Where did Pat Conroy visit Dr. Henry Piedmont?
4. Who suggests bringing the students to Beaufort to celebrate Halloween?
5. At the end of September, where does Pat Conroy move?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)