|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pat Conroy like to do after school?
2. Who tries to prevent the students from leaving Yamacraw Island for Halloween?
(a) The children.
(b) The childrens' parents.
(c) All of these.
(d) Mrs. Brown.
3. What type of animal does Pat Conroy give his students?
4. Who is the "first decent teacher" the deputy superintendent hired?
(a) Mrs. Brown.
(b) Mrs. Jacobsen.
(c) Mrs. Black.
(d) Mrs. White.
5. Why is Pat Conroy concerned about sending the kids to Beaufort for Halloween?
(a) They get motion sick on the water.
(b) They do not celebrate Halloween.
(c) They might experience racism.
(d) They do not have costumes.
6. Who had a "white school" built on the island?
(a) The blacks.
(b) The whites.
(c) Lou and Ted.
(d) Pat Conroy.
7. Pat Conroy lost his job coaching basketball over what suspicion?
(a) Poor coaching ability.
(b) Favor for "the coloreds."
(c) Dislike for "the coloreds."
(d) He couldn't shoot a basket.
8. After Halloween, Mrs. Brown shames the class over what?
(a) Who wet the wrestling mat.
(b) Dressing up.
(c) Stealing candy.
(d) Their lack of intelligence.
9. Where did Pat Conroy visit Dr. Henry Piedmont?
(a) Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
(b) Beaufort, South Carolina.
(c) Charlotte, North Carolina.
(d) Athens, Georgia.
10. Pat Conroy hangs a poster of which classical artist on the classroom wall?
(d) James Brown.
11. What does Pat Conroy watch for when boating?
(a) Natural wildlife.
(b) Sandbars and oyster banks.
(d) High tide.
12. Who suggests bringing the students to Beaufort to celebrate Halloween?
(a) Mrs. Brown.
(c) Pat Conroy.
13. What pet name does Mrs. Brown give kids in her class?
14. What book is Cindy Lou's favorite?
(a) The Little Engine that Could.
(b) Gone with the Wind.
(c) Goodnight Moon.
(d) Tommy the Telephone.
15. Who is described as a "portrait of efficiency?"
(a) Miss Glover.
(b) Andy Pappas.
(c) Lou Stone.
(d) Ted Stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pat Conroy feels what, showing his music loving students to whites?
2. Bernie earned a Top Tiger award for selling what?
3. Where does Pat Conroy sleep his first night in Yamacraw?
4. How many books were donated to the Yamacraw community center?
5. What age group did Pat Conroy first teach?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)