|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pat Conroy like to do after school?
2. What unique style of teaching does Pat Conroy use to share information with his class?
(b) Pep rally.
(c) Essay writing.
3. After Halloween, Mrs. Brown shames the class over what?
(a) Who wet the wrestling mat.
(b) Their lack of intelligence.
(c) Dressing up.
(d) Stealing candy.
4. Pat Conroy hangs a poster of which classical artist on the classroom wall?
(a) James Brown.
5. How many fingers do the illiterate students think are on a hand?
(d) All of these.
6. What type of insect tortures Pat Conroy on Yamacraw?
7. What sport goes violently wrong when Pat Conroy tries to teach it?
8. To Pat Conroy, what makes the Skimberry's interesting people?
(a) Their scientific abilities.
(b) Their support of the war.
(c) Their long hair.
(d) Their lack of pretense.
9. What pet name does Mrs. Brown give kids in her class?
10. Where does Pat Conroy request to teach?
(a) The Bronx.
(d) Yamacraw Island.
11. Who had a "white school" built on the island?
(a) The whites.
(b) Lou and Ted.
(c) Pat Conroy.
(d) The blacks.
12. What cataloge is popular at the Yamacraw school?
(b) Outdoor Gear.
(c) Hunting and Fishing Guide.
(d) Sears Roebuck.
13. Where is Zeke Skimberry from?
14. Which student is sensitive about being short?
(b) Top Cat.
(d) Cindy Lou.
15. Where does Bernie Schein get shipped to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What age group did Pat Conroy first teach?
2. Pat Conroy doubts Yamacraw knows of what?
3. What do the kids call Leonard Bernstein?
4. What type of program do Jim and Joe set up after school?
5. Why is Pat Conroy concerned about sending the kids to Beaufort for Halloween?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)