Short Essay Questions Key
1. According to Piedmont, how has Jesus changed him?
Jesus has changed Piedmont by bringing him into education. Prior to a religious experience, Piedmont worked at a mill.
2. Describe Yamacraw Island.
Yamacraw is an island near the border of Georgia and South Carolina. The island is green and lush, full of wild life and swamps.
3. Explain why the Yamacraw oyster trade fell apart.
The Yamacraw oyster trade was once a booming business selling some of the best oysters in the world until a factory on the island polluted the water. Then, the oysters were no longer safe to consume.
4. Why did Pat Conroy enjoy swearing as a teen?
Pat Conroy enjoyed swearing as a teen because he was raised in a home where it wasn't encouraged. For him, swearing was an act of rebellion.
5. What social action did Pat Conroy take after Martin Luther King was shot?
After Martin Luther King was shot, Pat Conroy attempted to get his predominantly white school to start a course on black history.
This section contains 2,544 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)