|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carol Ann do to convince the students she is a witch?
(a) She lights a fire.
(b) She claims to have visited the spirit world.
(c) She flies.
(d) Magic tricks.
2. Where is Zeke Skimberry from?
3. In Chapter 8, Pat Conroy does what at the meeting with Bennington?
(a) Turns Mrs. Brown in for abuse.
(b) Resigns his position.
(c) Accuses the administration of racism.
(d) Starts to walk out.
4. Who is described as a "portrait of efficiency?"
(a) Andy Pappas.
(b) Lou Stone.
(c) Ted Stone.
(d) Miss Glover.
5. Why does Pat Conroy write The Water is Wide?
(a) Barbara makes him.
(b) To understand his time on Yamacraw Island.
(c) For his students.
(d) To get back at the administration.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has the best rifle collection on the island?
2. What type of program do Jim and Joe set up after school?
3. What pet name does Mrs. Brown give kids in her class?
4. Who asks Dr. Piedmont what discipline is available for Pat Conroy other than dismissal ?
5. In what city does Saul go to the bathroom on a public street?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)