|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of program do Jim and Joe set up after school?
2. What news does Howard Sedgwick give Pat Conroy in Chapter 11?
(a) His wife is pregnant.
(b) The oysters are edible.
(c) He is fired.
(d) He gets a raise.
3. In Chapter 12, Pat Conroy realizes who wants acceptance from whites?
(a) Pat Conroy.
(c) Dr. Piedmont.
(d) Mrs. Brown.
4. Who is the deputy superintendent?
(a) George Garbade.
(b) Ezra Bennington.
(c) Bernie Schien.
(d) Dr. Piedmont.
5. In Chapter 12, Pat Conroy sees what version of the South rising?
(a) "Hatred and nationalism."
(b) "Racist and angry."
(c) "Tolerant and forgiving."
(d) "Humanity and goodness."
Short Answer Questions
1. What pet name does Mrs. Brown give kids in her class?
2. Who in South Carolina sent the kids letters after their Halloween trip?
3. Who suggested Pat Conroy change the direction of his teaching career?
4. Why does Dr. Piedmont object to Pat Conroy's use of gas for the boat?
5. Why does Pat Conroy sometimes travel the river in bad weather?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)