|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Immediately following his dismissal, Pat Conroy believes Dr. Piedmont and Bennington are what?
(a) "Pompous and stupid."
(b) "Understandable figures."
(c) "Evil incarnate."
(d) "Sympathetic to the kids."
2. Who asks Dr. Piedmont what discipline is available for Pat Conroy other than dismissal ?
(c) The judge.
(d) Pat Conroy's mother.
3. What ends Pat Conroy's desire to swim at Yamacraw?
4. On the river, what natural element scares Pat Conroy?
5. Pat Conroy is required to get permission to leave school during recess from who?
(a) The mayor.
(b) His wife.
(c) The superintendent.
(d) The president.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal does Sam hurt in Chapter 5?
2. In Chapter 12, Pat Conroy thinks Dr. Piedmont and Bennington are too affected by what?
3. What makes Mrs. Brown angry during the collage making in Chapter 7?
4. During the time period of The Water is Wide, Brazil produced the most what for the world?
5. Which student is sensitive about being short?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)