|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after Pat Conroy stops teaching does he write The Water is Wide?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Two years.
(c) One year.
2. Pat Conroy lost his job coaching basketball over what suspicion?
(a) Dislike for "the coloreds."
(b) Poor coaching ability.
(c) Favor for "the coloreds."
(d) He couldn't shoot a basket.
3. How many books were donated to the Yamacraw community center?
4. In Chapter 12, Pat Conroy realizes who wants acceptance from whites?
(b) Pat Conroy.
(c) Dr. Piedmont.
(d) Mrs. Brown.
5. Zeke is concerned about the what in Yamacraw?
(d) Lack of the arts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the mother of Oscar, Fred, and Prophet in Chapter 9?
2. Who is the island witch doctor?
3. What does Pat Conroy raise money for by working at the Desegregation Center?
4. In Chapter 12, who does Pat Conroy label "predictably mediocre?"
5. Who is the king of Yamacraw Island?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)