|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cindy Lou protests what about Halloween?
(a) Dressing up in "ghost clothes."
(b) Eating "free candy."
(c) Dressing up as "a witch."
(d) All the "poisoned apples."
2. Why does Pat Conroy write The Water is Wide?
(a) For his students.
(b) To get back at the administration.
(c) Barbara makes him.
(d) To understand his time on Yamacraw Island.
3. In Chapter 10, Mrs. Barnwell tries to take what back from Pat Conroy?
(a) A gun.
(b) The name she called him.
(c) A beer.
(d) A scarf she made him.
4. Where is Zeke Skimberry from?
5. Pat Conroy challenges the troublemakers in class to what sport?
(a) Arm wrestling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of tubing does the island use in bootlegging?
2. In what city does Saul go to the bathroom on a public street?
3. What kind of animal does Sam hurt in Chapter 5?
4. Who had a "white school" built on the island?
5. Why does Mrs. Brown make Pat Conroy principal of the school?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)