|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cindy Lou protests what about Halloween?
(a) Dressing up in "ghost clothes."
(b) All the "poisoned apples."
(c) Dressing up as "a witch."
(d) Eating "free candy."
2. What does Carol Ann do to convince the students she is a witch?
(a) Magic tricks.
(b) She flies.
(c) She claims to have visited the spirit world.
(d) She lights a fire.
3. Why is Pat Conroy concerned about sending the kids to Beaufort for Halloween?
(a) They might experience racism.
(b) They do not have costumes.
(c) They do not celebrate Halloween.
(d) They get motion sick on the water.
4. Who does Pat Conroy live with at the end of October?
(a) Mrs. Brown.
(b) An island family.
(c) His family.
(d) Ted Stone.
5. On the river, what natural element scares Pat Conroy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as a "portrait of efficiency?"
2. What could interfere with Lou's mail delivery on the island?
3. Zeke is concerned about the what in Yamacraw?
4. How do the students feel about Mrs. Brown?
5. Why is Pat Conroy nice to Ted and Lou, in spite of their racism?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)