|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The children are transported by what during the Halloween festivities?
(a) A bus.
(c) A hot-air balloon.
(d) A trolley.
2. Why is it impossible to commute to the island?
(a) No transportation.
(b) Too expensive.
(d) Treacherous weather.
3. Pat Conroy feels what, showing his music loving students to whites?
(a) "Melancholy disbelief."
(b) "Sadistic greed."
(c) "Satanic pleasure."
4. In Chapter 10, Dr. Piedmont says his secret to success is what?
5. What prevents the group from returning to Yamacraw Island after Halloween?
(a) The weather.
(b) A missing student.
(c) An injured student.
(d) They arrive in Yamacraw as scheduled.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as a "portrait of efficiency?"
2. What derogatory name was Dr. Piedmont called as a kid?
3. Who is the "first decent teacher" the deputy superintendent hired?
4. What method of physical control does Pat Conroy introduce in class?
5. Who in South Carolina sent the kids letters after their Halloween trip?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)