|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Halloween trip gives the kids what impression of South Carolina?
(a) You can knock on any door and get candy.
(b) Ghosts and goblins run free.
(c) Mrs. Brown is a witch.
(d) Everyone loves black children.
2. In Chapter One, what is the situation at Yamacraw school?
(a) All of these.
(b) No motivation or materials.
(c) Teachers do not get along.
(d) All black students.
3. Pat Conroy challenges the troublemakers in class to what sport?
(a) Arm wrestling.
4. Who gets injured during the Halloween festivities?
(a) Cindy Lou.
(b) Top Cat.
(c) Pat Conroy.
5. Who in South Carolina sent the kids letters after their Halloween trip?
(a) Host families.
(c) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is a "poetess of profanity?"
2. In Chapter 8, Pat Conroy does what at the meeting with Bennington?
3. To Pat Conroy, what makes the Skimberry's interesting people?
4. Pat Conroy doubts Yamacraw knows of what?
5. What first assignment does Pat Conroy give the class?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)