|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pat Conroy suggest the kids do when Mrs. Brown talks?
(a) Applaud her.
(b) Agree with her.
(c) Nod and smile.
(d) Ignore her.
2. Pat Conroy hangs a poster of which classical artist on the classroom wall?
(d) James Brown.
3. What is Pat Conroy's philosophy at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em."
(b) "Live and let live."
(c) "Life was good but it was hard".
(d) "Work hard and play hard."
4. How many straps does Mrs. Brown carry with her?
5. Who is the island witch doctor?
(a) Mrs. Brown.
(b) Mr. Bennington.
(c) Miss Glover.
(d) Lou Stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the superintendent think Pat Conroy came to him?
2. Why is Pat Conroy nice to Ted and Lou, in spite of their racism?
3. What color is home protection in voodoo?
4. Who hangs the shocking pictures on the board in Chapter 7?
5. What book is Cindy Lou's favorite?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)