|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first classical artist Pat Conroy plays for his class?
2. In Chapter 8, how does Pat Conroy confront the school administration?
(a) Angry phone calls.
(b) Parent intervention.
(c) Editorial columns.
(d) Angry letters.
3. What does Pat Conroy try to prepare his students for in the real world?
(a) Leaving the island.
(b) Viral infections.
(d) Raising a family.
4. Who is the "first decent teacher" the deputy superintendent hired?
(a) Mrs. Jacobsen.
(b) Mrs. Brown.
(c) Mrs. Black.
(d) Mrs. White.
5. What is Ted Stone's attitude when first meeting Pat Conroy?
(a) Warm and friendly.
(c) Aloof and distant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pat Conroy feel for the Confederate flag?
2. What is Pat Conroy's philosophy at the end of Chapter 6?
3. What book is Cindy Lou's favorite?
4. Why does the superintendent think Pat Conroy came to him?
5. Who protests the showing of films to students?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)