|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal bites Pat Conroy in Chapter 5?
(a) A dog.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A snake.
2. What type of discipline does Pat Conroy disagree with?
(a) Calling parents.
(b) Shouting at students.
(c) Corporal punishment.
(d) Essay writing.
3. What does Pat Conroy try to prepare his students for in the real world?
(b) Viral infections.
(c) Raising a family.
(d) Leaving the island.
4. In Chapter 8, the administration fights with Pat Conroy about what?
(a) Assigning Mrs. Brown as principal.
(b) The test scores of the students.
(c) His request for better supplies.
(d) The gasoline bill for the commuter boat.
5. Why does Mrs. Brown make Pat Conroy principal of the school?
(a) She has a crush on him.
(b) He wants to be principal.
(c) He is white.
(d) He has the training.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of program do Jim and Joe set up after school?
2. Who is the king of Yamacraw Island?
3. Who gets injured during the Halloween festivities?
4. Why is it impossible to commute to the island?
5. What sport goes violently wrong when Pat Conroy tries to teach it?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)