|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What age group did Pat Conroy first teach?
(a) High school.
(c) Junior high.
2. What happens in January that hasn't happened on Yamacraw Island since 1952?
(a) The fish start migrating.
(b) The oysters are edible.
(c) A bad cold spell.
(d) The river floods the town.
3. What does Mrs. Brown tell the children she's tired of after lecturing about hygiene?
(a) "The cost of toothpaste."
(b) "Girls wearin' too much perfume."
(c) "Boys not wearing deoderant."
(d) "People stinkin' in this school."
4. Beaufort friends warn Pat Conroy against befriending who?
(a) Frank and Mary.
(b) Lou and Ted.
(c) Mrs. Brown.
(d) Zeke Skimberry.
5. In college, Pat Conroy was accused of having what kind of a nose?
(a) Goblin nose.
(b) Pig nose.
(c) Witch nose.
(d) Hog nose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pat Conroy try to prepare his students for in the real world?
2. Why is Pat Conroy concerned about sending the kids to Beaufort for Halloween?
3. What type of large snake does the island house?
4. When do Pat Conroy and Barbara get married?
5. Who suggested Pat Conroy change the direction of his teaching career?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)