|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of September, where does Pat Conroy move?
(a) The school house.
(b) The Mainland.
(c) Ida's house.
(d) The Buckner house.
2. Who is the king of Yamacraw Island?
(a) Ted Stone.
(b) Jake Cross.
(c) Belle Blair.
(d) Sam Thomas.
3. What makes Mrs. Brown angry during the collage making in Chapter 7?
(a) There was a mouse in the magazines.
(b) The kids were great artists.
(c) The kids ate glue.
(d) The kids used a naked photo.
4. Why does Pat Conroy sometimes travel the river in bad weather?
(a) He loves the cold weather.
(b) To prove it can be done.
(c) To show off.
(d) He likes the risk.
5. Why did Zeke and Ida stop attending the Baptist church?
(a) Ida couldn't sing in the choir.
(b) Zeke was tired of getting up early.
(c) The church refused black people.
(d) They stopped believing in God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport goes violently wrong when Pat Conroy tries to teach it?
2. Who in South Carolina sent the kids letters after their Halloween trip?
3. What is Ted Stone's attitude when first meeting Pat Conroy?
4. Pat Conroy threatens to do what to anyone who doesn't want to hear the national news?
5. Which student is sensitive about being short?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)