|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pat Conroy hangs a poster of which classical artist on the classroom wall?
(b) James Brown.
2. What ends Pat Conroy's desire to swim at Yamacraw?
3. In Chapter One, Pat Conroy had not yet heard back from what organization?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The Peace Corp.
(d) The Army.
4. What type of discipline does Pat Conroy disagree with?
(a) Essay writing.
(b) Corporal punishment.
(c) Shouting at students.
(d) Calling parents.
5. Who is the island witch doctor?
(a) Mr. Bennington.
(b) Miss Glover.
(c) Mrs. Brown.
(d) Lou Stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What could interfere with Lou's mail delivery on the island?
2. Why is Pat Conroy nice to Ted and Lou, in spite of their racism?
3. In Chapter 8, how does Pat Conroy confront the school administration?
4. Who is the deputy superintendent?
5. Pat Conroy challenges the troublemakers in class to what sport?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)