|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What saying hung in the classroom on Pat Conroy's visit?
(a) Dream it and do it.
(b) Education is the key to success.
(c) Just do it.
(d) Learn and all will follow.
2. What does Top Cat do with the tape recorder?
(a) Smashes it.
(b) Sings into it.
(c) Hides it.
(d) Runs from it.
3. The children are transported by what during the Halloween festivities?
(b) A bus.
(c) A hot-air balloon.
(d) A trolley.
4. Pat Conroy is required to get permission to leave school during recess from who?
(a) The mayor.
(b) His wife.
(c) The president.
(d) The superintendent.
5. What do the kids call Leonard Bernstein?
(a) Old Shy-Koski.
(b) Young Len.
(c) Lenny Burn Stine.
(d) Lenny Side Burns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pat Conroy watch for when boating?
2. Who had a "white school" built on the island?
3. Pat Conroy hangs a poster of which classical artist on the classroom wall?
4. Bernie earned a Top Tiger award for selling what?
5. By the end of Chapter 8, who has Pat Conroy alienated?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)