|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pat Conroy's philosophy at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) "Life was good but it was hard".
(b) "Live and let live."
(c) "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em."
(d) "Work hard and play hard."
2. What type of discipline does Pat Conroy disagree with?
(a) Shouting at students.
(b) Corporal punishment.
(c) Essay writing.
(d) Calling parents.
3. What food item from Yamacraw is famous?
4. The Halloween trip gives the kids what impression of South Carolina?
(a) Mrs. Brown is a witch.
(b) Everyone loves black children.
(c) You can knock on any door and get candy.
(d) Ghosts and goblins run free.
5. In Chapter 7, Mrs. Brown beats Prophet for doing what?
(b) Stealing lunch money.
(c) Hanging from the urinal.
(d) Spitting at the girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first classical artist Pat Conroy plays for his class?
2. Where did Pat Conroy visit Dr. Henry Piedmont?
3. Who is the "first decent teacher" the deputy superintendent hired?
4. Who had a "white school" built on the island?
5. What does Pat Conroy like to do after school?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)