|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the children compete for prizes during Halloween?
(a) At school carnival booths.
(b) The newspaper contest.
(c) At an apple bobbing contest.
(d) From the local lottery.
2. Why does Pat Conroy sometimes travel the river in bad weather?
(a) To show off.
(b) He likes the risk.
(c) He loves the cold weather.
(d) To prove it can be done.
3. Who shot Saul's dog?
(b) Pat Conroy.
(d) Mrs. Brown.
4. The students thought the word Conroy was what?
5. In Chapter One, Pat Conroy had not yet heard back from what organization?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The Army.
(c) The Peace Corp.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter One, what is the situation at Yamacraw school?
2. Beaufort friends warn Pat Conroy against befriending who?
3. Pat Conroy hangs a poster of which classical artist on the classroom wall?
4. What unique style of teaching does Pat Conroy use to share information with his class?
5. In Chapter 7, Mrs. Brown beats Prophet for doing what?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)