|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the students feel about Mrs. Brown?
(a) They think she's funny.
(b) They respect her.
(c) They hate her.
(d) They love her.
2. In Chapter 8, the administration fights with Pat Conroy about what?
(a) His request for better supplies.
(b) The test scores of the students.
(c) The gasoline bill for the commuter boat.
(d) Assigning Mrs. Brown as principal.
3. In Chapter 5, where are the two island newcomers from?
(b) South Carolina.
(c) North Carolina.
4. What could interfere with Lou's mail delivery on the island?
(a) A broken mail truck.
(b) Weather and her mood.
(c) Dogs not tied up.
(d) Her bad back.
5. Who is Pat Conroy's only friend in the administration?
(a) Mr. Bennington.
(b) Mr. Randel.
(c) Dr. Piedmont.
(d) Mr. Miller.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Pat Conroy nice to Ted and Lou, in spite of their racism?
2. What makes Mrs. Brown angry during the collage making in Chapter 7?
3. Who suggested Pat Conroy change the direction of his teaching career?
4. What does Pat Conroy suggest the kids do when Mrs. Brown talks?
5. On the river, what natural element scares Pat Conroy?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)