|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unique style of teaching does Pat Conroy use to share information with his class?
(a) Pep rally.
(c) Essay writing.
2. Why does the superintendent think Pat Conroy came to him?
3. In Chapter 5, where are the two island newcomers from?
(a) South Carolina.
(b) North Carolina.
4. To Pat Conroy, what makes the Skimberry's interesting people?
(a) Their long hair.
(b) Their scientific abilities.
(c) Their lack of pretense.
(d) Their support of the war.
5. What first assignment does Pat Conroy give the class?
(a) Spell their names.
(b) Draw him.
(c) Draw their family.
(d) Sing the alphabet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first classical artist Pat Conroy plays for his class?
2. What animal bites Pat Conroy in Chapter 5?
3. What color is home protection in voodoo?
4. What kind of animal does Sam hurt in Chapter 5?
5. Who had a "white school" built on the island?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)