|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which popular singer do the students in Yamacraw love?
(a) Ray Charles.
(b) James Brown.
(c) Elvis Presley.
(d) Frank Sinatra.
2. In Chapter 5, where are the two island newcomers from?
(a) North Carolina.
(b) South Carolina.
3. What pet name does Mrs. Brown give kids in her class?
4. What is Pat Conroy's philosophy at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em."
(b) "Life was good but it was hard".
(c) "Live and let live."
(d) "Work hard and play hard."
5. Where does Pat Conroy request to teach?
(c) The Bronx.
(d) Yamacraw Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ted Stone's attitude when first meeting Pat Conroy?
2. What game does Pat Conroy let students play in class?
3. Who is the "first decent teacher" the deputy superintendent hired?
4. To Pat Conroy, what makes the Skimberry's interesting people?
5. Pat Conroy threatens to do what to anyone who doesn't want to hear the national news?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)