|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pat Conroy lost his job coaching basketball over what suspicion?
(a) Favor for "the coloreds."
(b) He couldn't shoot a basket.
(c) Dislike for "the coloreds."
(d) Poor coaching ability.
2. What type of the welcome do the students receive in South Carolina?
(a) Lukewarm attention.
(c) They are ignored.
(d) Excited greetings.
3. Where does Pat Conroy request to teach?
(a) Yamacraw Island.
(b) The Bronx.
4. Who had a "white school" built on the island?
(a) Lou and Ted.
(b) The blacks.
(c) The whites.
(d) Pat Conroy.
5. What type of large snake does the island house?
(a) Boa constrictor.
(c) Diamondback rattlesnake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal bites Pat Conroy in Chapter 5?
2. The students thought the word Conroy was what?
3. What does Pat Conroy feel for the Confederate flag?
4. What is Ted Stone's attitude when first meeting Pat Conroy?
5. Beaufort friends warn Pat Conroy against befriending who?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)