|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Pat Conroy nice to Ted and Lou, in spite of their racism?
(a) He needs their help.
(b) He likes Lou.
(c) He is secretly racist.
(d) He is frightened of them.
2. In Chapter One, what is the situation at Yamacraw school?
(a) All black students.
(b) Teachers do not get along.
(c) No motivation or materials.
(d) All of these.
3. Beaufort friends warn Pat Conroy against befriending who?
(a) Zeke Skimberry.
(b) Mrs. Brown.
(c) Frank and Mary.
(d) Lou and Ted.
4. What type of the welcome do the students receive in South Carolina?
(a) Lukewarm attention.
(c) They are ignored.
(d) Excited greetings.
5. Who is described as a "portrait of efficiency?"
(a) Miss Glover.
(b) Lou Stone.
(c) Andy Pappas.
(d) Ted Stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many fingers do the illiterate students think are on a hand?
2. What type of tubing does the island use in bootlegging?
3. Why are Jim and Joe banned from teaching on Yamacraw Island?
4. At the end of September, where does Pat Conroy move?
5. What color is home protection in voodoo?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)