|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Top Cat do with the tape recorder?
(a) Smashes it.
(b) Runs from it.
(c) Sings into it.
(d) Hides it.
2. Who protests the showing of films to students?
(a) Mrs. Brown.
(b) Jimmy Sue.
(c) Cindy Lou.
(d) Ethel Lee.
3. Why is Pat Conroy nice to Ted and Lou, in spite of their racism?
(a) He is secretly racist.
(b) He needs their help.
(c) He likes Lou.
(d) He is frightened of them.
4. What does Pat Conroy watch for when boating?
(a) Sandbars and oyster banks.
(c) Natural wildlife.
(d) High tide.
5. Who had a "white school" built on the island?
(a) Pat Conroy.
(b) The whites.
(c) The blacks.
(d) Lou and Ted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests bringing the students to Beaufort to celebrate Halloween?
2. What type of equipment does Pat Conroy use to show the class movies?
3. What food item from Yamacraw is famous?
4. Who suggested Pat Conroy change the direction of his teaching career?
5. How many fingers do the illiterate students think are on a hand?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)