|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What could interfere with Lou's mail delivery on the island?
(a) Her bad back.
(b) Dogs not tied up.
(c) A broken mail truck.
(d) Weather and her mood.
2. How did the Halloween trip help Pat Conroy's standing on the island?
(a) It helped him assimilate.
(b) It lost him friends.
(c) The women started to love him.
(d) It made him an outcast.
3. What book is Cindy Lou's favorite?
(a) The Little Engine that Could.
(b) Tommy the Telephone.
(c) Goodnight Moon.
(d) Gone with the Wind.
4. How many books were donated to the Yamacraw community center?
5. Why is it impossible to commute to the island?
(b) No transportation.
(c) Too expensive.
(d) Treacherous weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Pat Conroy concerned about sending the kids to Beaufort for Halloween?
2. During the time period of The Water is Wide, Brazil produced the most what for the world?
3. Who is the deputy superintendent?
4. Pat Conroy is required to get permission to leave school during recess from who?
5. Pat Conroy doubts Yamacraw knows of what?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)