|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What age group did Pat Conroy first teach?
(a) High school.
(c) Junior high.
2. What does Mrs. Graves say about Pat Conroy?
(a) He is "uneducated."
(b) He is "fat."
(c) He is a "fine lookin' man."
(d) He is a "conceited man."
3. What ends Pat Conroy's desire to swim at Yamacraw?
4. Why did Zeke and Ida stop attending the Baptist church?
(a) They stopped believing in God.
(b) Ida couldn't sing in the choir.
(c) The church refused black people.
(d) Zeke was tired of getting up early.
5. The students thought the word Conroy was what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as a "portrait of efficiency?"
2. What animal bites Pat Conroy in Chapter 5?
3. What prevents the group from returning to Yamacraw Island after Halloween?
4. Bernie earned a Top Tiger award for selling what?
5. Who is the "first decent teacher" the deputy superintendent hired?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)