|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Halloween trip help Pat Conroy's standing on the island?
(a) It lost him friends.
(b) It helped him assimilate.
(c) It made him an outcast.
(d) The women started to love him.
2. What do the kids call Leonard Bernstein?
(a) Lenny Side Burns.
(b) Young Len.
(c) Old Shy-Koski.
(d) Lenny Burn Stine.
3. What does Mrs. Graves say about Pat Conroy?
(a) He is a "fine lookin' man."
(b) He is "uneducated."
(c) He is "fat."
(d) He is a "conceited man."
4. Who had a "white school" built on the island?
(a) Pat Conroy.
(b) Lou and Ted.
(c) The whites.
(d) The blacks.
5. What kind of animal does Sam hurt in Chapter 5?
(a) A cat.
(b) A newt.
(c) A toad.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unique style of teaching does Pat Conroy use to share information with his class?
2. What type of insect tortures Pat Conroy on Yamacraw?
3. Which student is sensitive about being short?
4. What does Pat Conroy feel for the Confederate flag?
5. Why is Pat Conroy nice to Ted and Lou, in spite of their racism?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)