|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to prevent the students from leaving Yamacraw Island for Halloween?
(a) The children.
(b) All of these.
(c) The childrens' parents.
(d) Mrs. Brown.
2. Which popular singer do the students in Yamacraw love?
(a) James Brown.
(b) Frank Sinatra.
(c) Ray Charles.
(d) Elvis Presley.
3. The Halloween trip gives the kids what impression of South Carolina?
(a) Everyone loves black children.
(b) You can knock on any door and get candy.
(c) Ghosts and goblins run free.
(d) Mrs. Brown is a witch.
4. Why did Zeke and Ida stop attending the Baptist church?
(a) The church refused black people.
(b) Ida couldn't sing in the choir.
(c) They stopped believing in God.
(d) Zeke was tired of getting up early.
5. What modern convenience does Yamacraw lack?
(a) Running water.
(b) Telephone service.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which student is sensitive about being short?
2. What type of insect tortures Pat Conroy on Yamacraw?
3. Who is the deputy superintendent?
4. Who had a "white school" built on the island?
5. What ends Pat Conroy's desire to swim at Yamacraw?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)