|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What pet name does Mrs. Brown give kids in her class?
2. The Halloween trip gives the kids what impression of South Carolina?
(a) You can knock on any door and get candy.
(b) Everyone loves black children.
(c) Ghosts and goblins run free.
(d) Mrs. Brown is a witch.
3. What saying hung in the classroom on Pat Conroy's visit?
(a) Education is the key to success.
(b) Learn and all will follow.
(c) Dream it and do it.
(d) Just do it.
4. What does Mrs. Graves say about Pat Conroy?
(a) He is "fat."
(b) He is a "fine lookin' man."
(c) He is "uneducated."
(d) He is a "conceited man."
5. Cindy Lou protests what about Halloween?
(a) Eating "free candy."
(b) Dressing up in "ghost clothes."
(c) Dressing up as "a witch."
(d) All the "poisoned apples."
Short Answer Questions
1. What ends Pat Conroy's desire to swim at Yamacraw?
2. What could interfere with Lou's mail delivery on the island?
3. How many people left Yamacraw in the migration?
4. Why did Zeke and Ida stop attending the Baptist church?
5. What age group did Pat Conroy first teach?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)