|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Pat Conroy concerned about sending the kids to Beaufort for Halloween?
(a) They do not have costumes.
(b) They might experience racism.
(c) They get motion sick on the water.
(d) They do not celebrate Halloween.
2. After Halloween, Mrs. Brown shames the class over what?
(a) Who wet the wrestling mat.
(b) Their lack of intelligence.
(c) Dressing up.
(d) Stealing candy.
3. Pat Conroy is required to get permission to leave school during recess from who?
(a) The mayor.
(b) His wife.
(c) The president.
(d) The superintendent.
4. Who is described as a "portrait of efficiency?"
(a) Lou Stone.
(b) Andy Pappas.
(c) Miss Glover.
(d) Ted Stone.
5. Why is it impossible to commute to the island?
(b) Treacherous weather.
(c) No transportation.
(d) Too expensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of animal does Pat Conroy give his students?
2. What is Ted Stone's attitude when first meeting Pat Conroy?
3. How many books were donated to the Yamacraw community center?
4. Where does Pat Conroy sleep his first night in Yamacraw?
5. Why does the superintendent think Pat Conroy came to him?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)