|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Brown make Pat Conroy principal of the school?
(a) She has a crush on him.
(b) He wants to be principal.
(c) He has the training.
(d) He is white.
2. Why is Pat Conroy concerned about sending the kids to Beaufort for Halloween?
(a) They do not have costumes.
(b) They might experience racism.
(c) They get motion sick on the water.
(d) They do not celebrate Halloween.
3. Pat Conroy hangs a poster of which classical artist on the classroom wall?
(c) James Brown.
4. In Chapter One, what is the situation at Yamacraw school?
(a) All of these.
(b) All black students.
(c) Teachers do not get along.
(d) No motivation or materials.
5. In Chapter One, Pat Conroy had not yet heard back from what organization?
(b) The Army.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The Peace Corp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which student is sensitive about being short?
2. What food item from Yamacraw is famous?
3. Who is a "poetess of profanity?"
4. What type of animal does Pat Conroy give his students?
5. What is Pat Conroy's philosophy at the end of Chapter 6?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)