|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pat Conroy's philosophy at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) "Life was good but it was hard".
(b) "Work hard and play hard."
(c) "Live and let live."
(d) "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em."
2. Who suggested Pat Conroy change the direction of his teaching career?
(a) Jason Keener.
(b) George Garbade.
(c) Bernie Schein.
(d) Mike Jones.
3. Where did Pat Conroy visit Dr. Henry Piedmont?
(a) Beaufort, South Carolina.
(b) Charlotte, North Carolina.
(c) Athens, Georgia.
(d) Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
4. What type of large snake does the island house?
(a) Boa constrictor.
(b) Diamondback rattlesnake.
5. Why is it impossible to commute to the island?
(a) Treacherous weather.
(b) No transportation.
(c) Too expensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of the welcome do the students receive in South Carolina?
2. Where does Pat Conroy request to teach?
3. Which popular singer do the students in Yamacraw love?
4. During the time period of The Water is Wide, Brazil produced the most what for the world?
5. What type of equipment does Pat Conroy use to show the class movies?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)