|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who confronted Pat Conroy on the day Martin Luther was buried?
(a) The administration.
(b) Lureen Wallace.
(c) His wife.
(d) Lily Smalls.
2. How many books were donated to the Yamacraw community center?
3. Bernie earned a Top Tiger award for selling what?
(a) Sewing machines.
4. Why does Mrs. Brown make Pat Conroy principal of the school?
(a) She has a crush on him.
(b) He is white.
(c) He has the training.
(d) He wants to be principal.
5. Pat Conroy feels what, showing his music loving students to whites?
(a) "Sadistic greed."
(b) "Melancholy disbelief."
(c) "Satanic pleasure."
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal bites Pat Conroy in Chapter 5?
2. Who is the "first decent teacher" the deputy superintendent hired?
3. Why are Jim and Joe banned from teaching on Yamacraw Island?
4. In Chapter One, Pat Conroy had not yet heard back from what organization?
5. Who suggests bringing the students to Beaufort to celebrate Halloween?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)