|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal bites Pat Conroy in Chapter 5?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A dog.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A snake.
2. Why are Jim and Joe banned from teaching on Yamacraw Island?
(a) Pat Conroy doesn't like them.
(b) Jim swears too much.
(c) They lack credentials.
(d) Joe cannot read.
3. Pat Conroy threatens to do what to anyone who doesn't want to hear the national news?
(a) Applaud them.
(b) Flunk them out.
(c) Give them an A+.
(d) Break their arm.
4. Where does Bernie Schein get shipped to?
5. What caused migration away from Yamacraw?
(a) A desire for education.
(b) A factory's pollutants.
(d) Lack of vaccines.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Halloween trip gives the kids what impression of South Carolina?
2. Why is Pat Conroy nice to Ted and Lou, in spite of their racism?
3. What type of the welcome do the students receive in South Carolina?
4. Why does the superintendent think Pat Conroy came to him?
5. During the time period of The Water is Wide, Brazil produced the most what for the world?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)