|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What saying hung in the classroom on Pat Conroy's visit?
(a) Just do it.
(b) Dream it and do it.
(c) Learn and all will follow.
(d) Education is the key to success.
2. Cindy Lou protests what about Halloween?
(a) All the "poisoned apples."
(b) Eating "free candy."
(c) Dressing up as "a witch."
(d) Dressing up in "ghost clothes."
3. What type of large snake does the island house?
(b) Boa constrictor.
(d) Diamondback rattlesnake.
4. Beaufort friends warn Pat Conroy against befriending who?
(a) Zeke Skimberry.
(b) Lou and Ted.
(c) Mrs. Brown.
(d) Frank and Mary.
5. What game does Pat Conroy let students play in class?
(d) Play and Talk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What food item from Yamacraw is famous?
2. Who is the deputy superintendent?
3. Why is it impossible to commute to the island?
4. Bernie earned a Top Tiger award for selling what?
5. The Halloween trip gives the kids what impression of South Carolina?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)