|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pat Conroy watch for when boating?
(a) High tide.
(b) Natural wildlife.
(d) Sandbars and oyster banks.
2. Who suggested Pat Conroy change the direction of his teaching career?
(a) Jason Keener.
(b) Mike Jones.
(c) George Garbade.
(d) Bernie Schein.
3. What do the kids call Leonard Bernstein?
(a) Old Shy-Koski.
(b) Young Len.
(c) Lenny Burn Stine.
(d) Lenny Side Burns.
4. Pat Conroy doubts Yamacraw knows of what?
(a) The information highway.
(b) The Constitution.
(c) Gun control.
(d) The Emancipation Proclamation.
5. What is Ted Stone's attitude when first meeting Pat Conroy?
(a) Aloof and distant.
(d) Warm and friendly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had a "white school" built on the island?
2. What does Pat Conroy like to do after school?
3. Who is the deputy superintendent?
4. What saying hung in the classroom on Pat Conroy's visit?
5. Pat Conroy lost his job coaching basketball over what suspicion?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)