|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pat Conroy feels what, showing his music loving students to whites?
(a) "Satanic pleasure."
(b) "Melancholy disbelief."
(c) "Sadistic greed."
2. Pat Conroy doubts Yamacraw knows of what?
(a) The Emancipation Proclamation.
(b) Gun control.
(c) The Constitution.
(d) The information highway.
3. What type of tubing does the island use in bootlegging?
4. Pat Conroy threatens to do what to anyone who doesn't want to hear the national news?
(a) Flunk them out.
(b) Applaud them.
(c) Break their arm.
(d) Give them an A+.
5. What do the kids call Leonard Bernstein?
(a) Lenny Side Burns.
(b) Old Shy-Koski.
(c) Young Len.
(d) Lenny Burn Stine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the superintendent think Pat Conroy came to him?
2. In what usual way does Prophet address Pat Conroy?
3. What is Ted Stone's attitude when first meeting Pat Conroy?
4. Who is described as a "portrait of efficiency?"
5. Who is the first classical artist Pat Conroy plays for his class?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)