|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What saying hung in the classroom on Pat Conroy's visit?
(a) Dream it and do it.
(b) Learn and all will follow.
(c) Education is the key to success.
(d) Just do it.
2. What first assignment does Pat Conroy give the class?
(a) Draw their family.
(b) Spell their names.
(c) Sing the alphabet.
(d) Draw him.
3. What unique style of teaching does Pat Conroy use to share information with his class?
(c) Pep rally.
(d) Essay writing.
4. Pat Conroy lost his job coaching basketball over what suspicion?
(a) He couldn't shoot a basket.
(b) Poor coaching ability.
(c) Dislike for "the coloreds."
(d) Favor for "the coloreds."
5. What modern convenience does Yamacraw lack?
(a) Running water.
(d) Telephone service.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people left Yamacraw in the migration?
2. The students thought the word Conroy was what?
3. Pat Conroy feels what, showing his music loving students to whites?
4. Who is the "first decent teacher" the deputy superintendent hired?
5. Which popular singer do the students in Yamacraw love?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)