|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Brown make Pat Conroy principal of the school?
(a) She has a crush on him.
(b) He is white.
(c) He has the training.
(d) He wants to be principal.
2. What type of insect tortures Pat Conroy on Yamacraw?
3. What does Pat Conroy watch for when boating?
(a) Natural wildlife.
(b) Sandbars and oyster banks.
(c) High tide.
4. Where did Pat Conroy visit Dr. Henry Piedmont?
(a) Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
(b) Charlotte, North Carolina.
(c) Beaufort, South Carolina.
(d) Athens, Georgia.
5. What book is Cindy Lou's favorite?
(a) Gone with the Wind.
(b) The Little Engine that Could.
(c) Tommy the Telephone.
(d) Goodnight Moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the time period of The Water is Wide, Brazil produced the most what for the world?
2. Why is it impossible to commute to the island?
3. Who confronted Pat Conroy on the day Martin Luther was buried?
4. Why does the superintendent think Pat Conroy came to him?
5. How many books were donated to the Yamacraw community center?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)