|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pat Conroy sleep his first night in Yamacraw?
(a) On the floor.
(b) In a bed.
(c) In a hammock.
(d) Under the stars.
2. Pat Conroy feels what, showing his music loving students to whites?
(a) "Melancholy disbelief."
(b) "Sadistic greed."
(d) "Satanic pleasure."
3. What pet name does Mrs. Brown give kids in her class?
4. To Pat Conroy, what makes the Skimberry's interesting people?
(a) Their support of the war.
(b) Their scientific abilities.
(c) Their lack of pretense.
(d) Their long hair.
5. What type of insect tortures Pat Conroy on Yamacraw?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the superintendent think Pat Conroy came to him?
2. Who confronted Pat Conroy on the day Martin Luther was buried?
3. What ends Pat Conroy's desire to swim at Yamacraw?
4. Why does Mrs. Brown make Pat Conroy principal of the school?
5. In Chapter One, what is the situation at Yamacraw school?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)