|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the time period of The Water is Wide, Brazil produced the most what for the world?
2. Pat Conroy lost his job coaching basketball over what suspicion?
(a) Poor coaching ability.
(b) Dislike for "the coloreds."
(c) Favor for "the coloreds."
(d) He couldn't shoot a basket.
3. At the end of September, where does Pat Conroy move?
(a) The school house.
(b) Ida's house.
(c) The Buckner house.
(d) The Mainland.
4. What age group did Pat Conroy first teach?
(b) Junior high.
(d) High school.
5. Where did Pat Conroy visit Dr. Henry Piedmont?
(a) Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
(b) Beaufort, South Carolina.
(c) Athens, Georgia.
(d) Charlotte, North Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ends Pat Conroy's desire to swim at Yamacraw?
2. In Chapter One, what is the situation at Yamacraw school?
3. How many books were donated to the Yamacraw community center?
4. What type of large snake does the island house?
5. Pat Conroy hangs a poster of which classical artist on the classroom wall?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)