|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What modern convenience does Yamacraw lack?
(a) Running water.
(d) Telephone service.
2. Who suggested Pat Conroy change the direction of his teaching career?
(a) Bernie Schein.
(b) Jason Keener.
(c) George Garbade.
(d) Mike Jones.
3. Who is described as a "portrait of efficiency?"
(a) Ted Stone.
(b) Andy Pappas.
(c) Miss Glover.
(d) Lou Stone.
4. Where does Pat Conroy sleep his first night in Yamacraw?
(a) In a hammock.
(b) On the floor.
(c) In a bed.
(d) Under the stars.
5. Pat Conroy lost his job coaching basketball over what suspicion?
(a) He couldn't shoot a basket.
(b) Favor for "the coloreds."
(c) Poor coaching ability.
(d) Dislike for "the coloreds."
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people left Yamacraw in the migration?
2. Where does Pat Conroy request to teach?
3. Who confronted Pat Conroy on the day Martin Luther was buried?
4. Who is the deputy superintendent?
5. What does Pat Conroy watch for when boating?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)