|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pat Conroy request to teach?
(a) The Bronx.
(c) Yamacraw Island.
2. Who is the "first decent teacher" the deputy superintendent hired?
(a) Mrs. Jacobsen.
(b) Mrs. Black.
(c) Mrs. Brown.
(d) Mrs. White.
3. Pat Conroy lost his job coaching basketball over what suspicion?
(a) Favor for "the coloreds."
(b) He couldn't shoot a basket.
(c) Poor coaching ability.
(d) Dislike for "the coloreds."
4. What type of tubing does the island use in bootlegging?
5. What saying hung in the classroom on Pat Conroy's visit?
(a) Education is the key to success.
(b) Learn and all will follow.
(c) Just do it.
(d) Dream it and do it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pat Conroy sleep his first night in Yamacraw?
2. Why is it impossible to commute to the island?
3. Who confronted Pat Conroy on the day Martin Luther was buried?
4. The students thought the word Conroy was what?
5. What modern convenience does Yamacraw lack?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)