|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Brown make Pat Conroy principal of the school?
(a) She has a crush on him.
(b) He wants to be principal.
(c) He is white.
(d) He has the training.
2. Where does Pat Conroy sleep his first night in Yamacraw?
(a) Under the stars.
(b) On the floor.
(c) In a hammock.
(d) In a bed.
3. What does Pat Conroy watch for when boating?
(a) Sandbars and oyster banks.
(c) High tide.
(d) Natural wildlife.
4. In Chapter One, Pat Conroy had not yet heard back from what organization?
(a) The FBI.
(c) The Army.
(d) The Peace Corp.
5. Who confronted Pat Conroy on the day Martin Luther was buried?
(a) The administration.
(b) His wife.
(c) Lureen Wallace.
(d) Lily Smalls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the deputy superintendent?
2. In Chapter One, what is the situation at Yamacraw school?
3. Who is described as a "portrait of efficiency?"
4. What caused migration away from Yamacraw?
5. What modern convenience does Yamacraw lack?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)