|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the island witch doctor?
(a) Mr. Bennington.
(b) Miss Glover.
(c) Lou Stone.
(d) Mrs. Brown.
2. Who confronted Pat Conroy on the day Martin Luther was buried?
(a) His wife.
(b) Lureen Wallace.
(c) The administration.
(d) Lily Smalls.
3. Pat Conroy doubts Yamacraw knows of what?
(a) The Emancipation Proclamation.
(b) The information highway.
(c) Gun control.
(d) The Constitution.
4. Where did Pat Conroy visit Dr. Henry Piedmont?
(a) Beaufort, South Carolina.
(b) Athens, Georgia.
(c) Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
(d) Charlotte, North Carolina.
5. Where does Pat Conroy request to teach?
(c) Yamacraw Island.
(d) The Bronx.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggested Pat Conroy change the direction of his teaching career?
2. In Chapter One, Pat Conroy had not yet heard back from what organization?
3. How many people left Yamacraw in the migration?
4. What pet name does Mrs. Brown give kids in her class?
5. What saying hung in the classroom on Pat Conroy's visit?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)