|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bernie Schein get shipped to?
2. What modern convenience does Yamacraw lack?
(a) Telephone service.
(b) Running water.
3. What does Pat Conroy watch for when boating?
(a) High tide.
(c) Natural wildlife.
(d) Sandbars and oyster banks.
4. Who confronted Pat Conroy on the day Martin Luther was buried?
(a) Lureen Wallace.
(b) The administration.
(c) Lily Smalls.
(d) His wife.
5. Who suggested Pat Conroy change the direction of his teaching career?
(a) Mike Jones.
(b) Bernie Schein.
(c) Jason Keener.
(d) George Garbade.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the "first decent teacher" the deputy superintendent hired?
2. In Chapter One, what is the situation at Yamacraw school?
3. The students thought the word Conroy was what?
4. What first assignment does Pat Conroy give the class?
5. What age group did Pat Conroy first teach?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)