|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The students thought the word Conroy was what?
2. What modern convenience does Yamacraw lack?
(a) Telephone service.
(c) Running water.
3. Who confronted Pat Conroy on the day Martin Luther was buried?
(a) His wife.
(b) The administration.
(c) Lily Smalls.
(d) Lureen Wallace.
4. In Chapter One, Pat Conroy had not yet heard back from what organization?
(a) The Army.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The Peace Corp.
5. In Chapter One, what is the situation at Yamacraw school?
(a) All of these.
(b) All black students.
(c) Teachers do not get along.
(d) No motivation or materials.
Short Answer Questions
1. What saying hung in the classroom on Pat Conroy's visit?
2. Why does the superintendent think Pat Conroy came to him?
3. Why does Mrs. Brown make Pat Conroy principal of the school?
4. What food item from Yamacraw is famous?
5. Who is described as a "portrait of efficiency?"
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)