|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people left Yamacraw in the migration?
2. Who is the deputy superintendent?
(a) George Garbade.
(b) Dr. Piedmont.
(c) Ezra Bennington.
(d) Bernie Schien.
3. What saying hung in the classroom on Pat Conroy's visit?
(a) Just do it.
(b) Learn and all will follow.
(c) Education is the key to success.
(d) Dream it and do it.
4. Pat Conroy lost his job coaching basketball over what suspicion?
(a) Dislike for "the coloreds."
(b) He couldn't shoot a basket.
(c) Poor coaching ability.
(d) Favor for "the coloreds."
5. Why does Mrs. Brown make Pat Conroy principal of the school?
(a) He is white.
(b) He has the training.
(c) She has a crush on him.
(d) He wants to be principal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pat Conroy doubts Yamacraw knows of what?
2. Where does Bernie Schein get shipped to?
3. Where does Pat Conroy sleep his first night in Yamacraw?
4. What color is home protection in voodoo?
5. What is Ted Stone's attitude when first meeting Pat Conroy?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)