|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the deputy superintendent?
(a) George Garbade.
(b) Dr. Piedmont.
(c) Ezra Bennington.
(d) Bernie Schien.
2. In Chapter One, Pat Conroy had not yet heard back from what organization?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The Peace Corp.
(d) The Army.
3. What caused migration away from Yamacraw?
(a) A desire for education.
(b) A factory's pollutants.
(c) Lack of vaccines.
4. What modern convenience does Yamacraw lack?
(a) Telephone service.
(d) Running water.
5. Where does Pat Conroy request to teach?
(a) Yamacraw Island.
(d) The Bronx.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pat Conroy lost his job coaching basketball over what suspicion?
2. The students thought the word Conroy was what?
3. What saying hung in the classroom on Pat Conroy's visit?
4. Pat Conroy doubts Yamacraw knows of what?
5. How many people left Yamacraw in the migration?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)