|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book is Cindy Lou's favorite?
(a) Gone with the Wind.
(b) Goodnight Moon.
(c) Tommy the Telephone.
(d) The Little Engine that Could.
2. Who protests the showing of films to students?
(a) Ethel Lee.
(b) Jimmy Sue.
(c) Mrs. Brown.
(d) Cindy Lou.
3. Why did Zeke and Ida stop attending the Baptist church?
(a) The church refused black people.
(b) Ida couldn't sing in the choir.
(c) Zeke was tired of getting up early.
(d) They stopped believing in God.
4. In Chapter One, what is the situation at Yamacraw school?
(a) Teachers do not get along.
(b) No motivation or materials.
(c) All black students.
(d) All of these.
5. What animal bites Pat Conroy in Chapter 5?
(a) A snake.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it impossible to commute to the island?
2. The students thought the word Conroy was what?
3. Where does Pat Conroy request to teach?
4. What type of tubing does the island use in bootlegging?
5. What type of insect tortures Pat Conroy on Yamacraw?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)