|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ted Stone's attitude when first meeting Pat Conroy?
(a) Warm and friendly.
(d) Aloof and distant.
2. In Chapter 10, Dr. Piedmont says his secret to success is what?
3. What object talks for Mrs. Graves when she gets mad?
(a) "The Hand."
(b) "The Fist."
(d) "The Hammer."
4. What caused migration away from Yamacraw?
(b) Lack of vaccines.
(c) A desire for education.
(d) A factory's pollutants.
5. Who is a "poetess of profanity?"
(c) Mrs. Brown.
(d) Miss Glover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What method of physical control does Pat Conroy introduce in class?
2. Pat Conroy feels what, showing his music loving students to whites?
3. During the time period of The Water is Wide, Brazil produced the most what for the world?
4. Who is the first classical artist Pat Conroy plays for his class?
5. How many people left Yamacraw in the migration?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)