|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pat Conroy sleep his first night in Yamacraw?
(a) In a hammock.
(b) In a bed.
(c) On the floor.
(d) Under the stars.
2. What caused migration away from Yamacraw?
(a) A factory's pollutants.
(b) A desire for education.
(d) Lack of vaccines.
3. Where did Pat Conroy visit Dr. Henry Piedmont?
(a) Athens, Georgia.
(b) Charlotte, North Carolina.
(c) Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
(d) Beaufort, South Carolina.
4. Why are Jim and Joe banned from teaching on Yamacraw Island?
(a) Pat Conroy doesn't like them.
(b) They lack credentials.
(c) Jim swears too much.
(d) Joe cannot read.
5. Pat Conroy feels what, showing his music loving students to whites?
(a) "Sadistic greed."
(b) "Satanic pleasure."
(c) "Melancholy disbelief."
Short Answer Questions
1. What saying hung in the classroom on Pat Conroy's visit?
2. What does Mrs. Graves say about Pat Conroy?
3. Which student is sensitive about being short?
4. What type of discipline does Pat Conroy disagree with?
5. What does Pat Conroy try to prepare his students for in the real world?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)