|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pat Conroy like to do after school?
2. What does Mrs. Brown tell the children she's tired of after lecturing about hygiene?
(a) "Girls wearin' too much perfume."
(b) "People stinkin' in this school."
(c) "The cost of toothpaste."
(d) "Boys not wearing deoderant."
3. Who is described as a "portrait of efficiency?"
(a) Lou Stone.
(b) Ted Stone.
(c) Andy Pappas.
(d) Miss Glover.
4. What caused migration away from Yamacraw?
(b) A factory's pollutants.
(c) Lack of vaccines.
(d) A desire for education.
5. Who is the deputy superintendent?
(a) Bernie Schien.
(b) Dr. Piedmont.
(c) Ezra Bennington.
(d) George Garbade.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pat Conroy challenges the troublemakers in class to what sport?
2. What time of day does Pat Conroy enjoy on the river?
3. Pat Conroy feels he is fighting against what at the school?
4. Zeke jokes Pat Conroy should be careful of what, in the cold?
5. What method of physical control does Pat Conroy introduce in class?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)