|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first classical artist Pat Conroy plays for his class?
2. In Chapter 5, where are the two island newcomers from?
(c) North Carolina.
(d) South Carolina.
3. Pat Conroy threatens to do what to anyone who doesn't want to hear the national news?
(a) Break their arm.
(b) Applaud them.
(c) Give them an A+.
(d) Flunk them out.
4. What method of physical control does Pat Conroy introduce in class?
(a) "Shooting the crow."
(b) "Milking the rat."
(c) "Choking the cat."
(d) "Flying the scout."
5. Why is Pat Conroy concerned about sending the kids to Beaufort for Halloween?
(a) They get motion sick on the water.
(b) They do not have costumes.
(c) They do not celebrate Halloween.
(d) They might experience racism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused migration away from Yamacraw?
2. How old is the letter from Judy Hanst?
3. In Chapter 8, the administration fights with Pat Conroy about what?
4. What could interfere with Lou's mail delivery on the island?
5. What animal bites Pat Conroy in Chapter 5?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)