|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pat Conroy watch for when boating?
(a) Sandbars and oyster banks.
(b) Natural wildlife.
(c) High tide.
2. What unique style of teaching does Pat Conroy use to share information with his class?
(a) Essay writing.
(b) Pep rally.
3. What type of large snake does the island house?
(a) Boa constrictor.
(d) Diamondback rattlesnake.
4. Who is the king of Yamacraw Island?
(a) Jake Cross.
(b) Sam Thomas.
(c) Belle Blair.
(d) Ted Stone.
5. Why is Pat Conroy nice to Ted and Lou, in spite of their racism?
(a) He needs their help.
(b) He is secretly racist.
(c) He is frightened of them.
(d) He likes Lou.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who confronted Pat Conroy on the day Martin Luther was buried?
2. What is Ted Stone's attitude when first meeting Pat Conroy?
3. Where does Bernie Schein get shipped to?
4. What saying hung in the classroom on Pat Conroy's visit?
5. Why does the superintendent think Pat Conroy came to him?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)