|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people left Yamacraw in the migration?
2. Where does Pat Conroy request to teach?
(c) Yamacraw Island.
(d) The Bronx.
3. Why is Pat Conroy nice to Ted and Lou, in spite of their racism?
(a) He is secretly racist.
(b) He is frightened of them.
(c) He needs their help.
(d) He likes Lou.
4. Why did Zeke and Ida stop attending the Baptist church?
(a) They stopped believing in God.
(b) Ida couldn't sing in the choir.
(c) Zeke was tired of getting up early.
(d) The church refused black people.
5. What is Ted Stone's attitude when first meeting Pat Conroy?
(a) Aloof and distant.
(b) Warm and friendly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unique style of teaching does Pat Conroy use to share information with his class?
2. Pat Conroy hangs a poster of which classical artist on the classroom wall?
3. How many fingers do the illiterate students think are on a hand?
4. What saying hung in the classroom on Pat Conroy's visit?
5. Who is the king of Yamacraw Island?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)