|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pat Conroy lost his job coaching basketball over what suspicion?
(a) Favor for "the coloreds."
(b) He couldn't shoot a basket.
(c) Poor coaching ability.
(d) Dislike for "the coloreds."
2. Who is the first classical artist Pat Conroy plays for his class?
3. What modern convenience does Yamacraw lack?
(b) Running water.
(c) Telephone service.
4. What caused migration away from Yamacraw?
(a) A desire for education.
(b) Lack of vaccines.
(d) A factory's pollutants.
5. Who had a "white school" built on the island?
(a) Lou and Ted.
(b) Pat Conroy.
(c) The whites.
(d) The blacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beaufort friends warn Pat Conroy against befriending who?
2. What unique style of teaching does Pat Conroy use to share information with his class?
3. Who is described as a "portrait of efficiency?"
4. During the time period of The Water is Wide, Brazil produced the most what for the world?
5. In what usual way does Prophet address Pat Conroy?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)