|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Pat Conroy nice to Ted and Lou, in spite of their racism?
(a) He is frightened of them.
(b) He is secretly racist.
(c) He likes Lou.
(d) He needs their help.
2. To Pat Conroy, what makes the Skimberry's interesting people?
(a) Their support of the war.
(b) Their lack of pretense.
(c) Their long hair.
(d) Their scientific abilities.
3. What could interfere with Lou's mail delivery on the island?
(a) Her bad back.
(b) Weather and her mood.
(c) A broken mail truck.
(d) Dogs not tied up.
4. What saying hung in the classroom on Pat Conroy's visit?
(a) Education is the key to success.
(b) Dream it and do it.
(c) Just do it.
(d) Learn and all will follow.
5. Why did Zeke and Ida stop attending the Baptist church?
(a) The church refused black people.
(b) They stopped believing in God.
(c) Zeke was tired of getting up early.
(d) Ida couldn't sing in the choir.
Short Answer Questions
1. What age group did Pat Conroy first teach?
2. Where does Pat Conroy request to teach?
3. How many fingers do the illiterate students think are on a hand?
4. During the time period of The Water is Wide, Brazil produced the most what for the world?
5. Who is the deputy superintendent?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)