|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What could interfere with Lou's mail delivery on the island?
(a) Dogs not tied up.
(b) Her bad back.
(c) Weather and her mood.
(d) A broken mail truck.
2. Who is the "first decent teacher" the deputy superintendent hired?
(a) Mrs. Brown.
(b) Mrs. Black.
(c) Mrs. Jacobsen.
(d) Mrs. White.
3. Which popular singer do the students in Yamacraw love?
(a) Elvis Presley.
(b) James Brown.
(c) Frank Sinatra.
(d) Ray Charles.
4. What game does Pat Conroy let students play in class?
(a) Play and Talk.
5. What does Pat Conroy like to do after school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first classical artist Pat Conroy plays for his class?
2. Pat Conroy threatens to do what to anyone who doesn't want to hear the national news?
3. What cataloge is popular at the Yamacraw school?
4. What does Pat Conroy feel for the Confederate flag?
5. During the time period of The Water is Wide, Brazil produced the most what for the world?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)