|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggested Pat Conroy change the direction of his teaching career?
(a) Bernie Schein.
(b) George Garbade.
(c) Mike Jones.
(d) Jason Keener.
2. Where does Pat Conroy request to teach?
(a) The Bronx.
(d) Yamacraw Island.
3. Why is Pat Conroy nice to Ted and Lou, in spite of their racism?
(a) He needs their help.
(b) He likes Lou.
(c) He is secretly racist.
(d) He is frightened of them.
4. Pat Conroy feels what, showing his music loving students to whites?
(a) "Melancholy disbelief."
(c) "Sadistic greed."
(d) "Satanic pleasure."
5. Who confronted Pat Conroy on the day Martin Luther was buried?
(a) His wife.
(b) The administration.
(c) Lily Smalls.
(d) Lureen Wallace.
Short Answer Questions
1. To Pat Conroy, what makes the Skimberry's interesting people?
2. How many fingers do the illiterate students think are on a hand?
3. Who is described as a "portrait of efficiency?"
4. What pet name does Mrs. Brown give kids in her class?
5. What food item from Yamacraw is famous?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)