|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pat Conroy threatens to do what to anyone who doesn't want to hear the national news?
(a) Flunk them out.
(b) Give them an A+.
(c) Applaud them.
(d) Break their arm.
2. What food item from Yamacraw is famous?
3. How many books were donated to the Yamacraw community center?
4. What saying hung in the classroom on Pat Conroy's visit?
(a) Learn and all will follow.
(b) Just do it.
(c) Education is the key to success.
(d) Dream it and do it.
5. Why is Pat Conroy nice to Ted and Lou, in spite of their racism?
(a) He needs their help.
(b) He is frightened of them.
(c) He is secretly racist.
(d) He likes Lou.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the superintendent think Pat Conroy came to him?
2. Where does Pat Conroy sleep his first night in Yamacraw?
3. Where does Bernie Schein get shipped to?
4. Who had a "white school" built on the island?
5. Pat Conroy doubts Yamacraw knows of what?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)