|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Mrs. Brown angry during the collage making in Chapter 7?
(a) The kids used a naked photo.
(b) The kids were great artists.
(c) There was a mouse in the magazines.
(d) The kids ate glue.
2. What pet name does Mrs. Brown give kids in her class?
3. Pat Conroy is required to get permission to leave school during recess from who?
(a) His wife.
(b) The president.
(c) The superintendent.
(d) The mayor.
4. What saying hung in the classroom on Pat Conroy's visit?
(a) Dream it and do it.
(b) Learn and all will follow.
(c) Education is the key to success.
(d) Just do it.
5. What does Mrs. Brown tell the children she's tired of after lecturing about hygiene?
(a) "Girls wearin' too much perfume."
(b) "People stinkin' in this school."
(c) "The cost of toothpaste."
(d) "Boys not wearing deoderant."
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people left Yamacraw in the migration?
2. Why does Mrs. Brown make Pat Conroy principal of the school?
3. What time of day does Pat Conroy enjoy on the river?
4. What unique style of teaching does Pat Conroy use to share information with his class?
5. What does Pat Conroy suggest the kids do when Mrs. Brown talks?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)