|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents the group from returning to Yamacraw Island after Halloween?
(a) A missing student.
(b) They arrive in Yamacraw as scheduled.
(c) The weather.
(d) An injured student.
2. What is Pat Conroy's philosophy at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) "Work hard and play hard."
(b) "Live and let live."
(c) "Life was good but it was hard".
(d) "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em."
3. Who is the deputy superintendent?
(a) Dr. Piedmont.
(b) George Garbade.
(c) Bernie Schien.
(d) Ezra Bennington.
4. What does Pat Conroy suggest the kids do when Mrs. Brown talks?
(a) Ignore her.
(b) Nod and smile.
(c) Agree with her.
(d) Applaud her.
5. What pet name does Mrs. Brown give kids in her class?
Short Answer Questions
1. The students thought the word Conroy was what?
2. What color is home protection in voodoo?
3. What book is Cindy Lou's favorite?
4. What caused migration away from Yamacraw?
5. What does Mrs. Graves say about Pat Conroy?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)