|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pat Conroy lost his job coaching basketball over what suspicion?
(a) Dislike for "the coloreds."
(b) Poor coaching ability.
(c) He couldn't shoot a basket.
(d) Favor for "the coloreds."
2. In Chapter One, what is the situation at Yamacraw school?
(a) All black students.
(b) All of these.
(c) No motivation or materials.
(d) Teachers do not get along.
3. When Pat Conroy visits Mrs. Brown at home, she surprises him by doing what?
(a) Crying with joy.
(b) Kissing him.
(c) Pointing a gun at him.
(d) Cooking him dinner.
4. What pet name does Mrs. Brown give kids in her class?
5. Who is the deputy superintendent?
(a) Dr. Piedmont.
(b) George Garbade.
(c) Ezra Bennington.
(d) Bernie Schien.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal moves into Pat Conroy's house in Chapter 8?
2. After Halloween, Mrs. Brown shames the class over what?
3. Where does Pat Conroy request to teach?
4. What does Mrs. Graves say about Pat Conroy?
5. What does Pat Conroy suggest the kids do when Mrs. Brown talks?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)