|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What modern convenience does Yamacraw lack?
(b) Running water.
(d) Telephone service.
2. By the end of Chapter 8, who has Pat Conroy alienated?
(a) Dr. Piedmont.
(b) Mr. Bennington.
(c) Mr. Miller.
(d) Mr. Randel.
3. In Chapter 8, the administration fights with Pat Conroy about what?
(a) The gasoline bill for the commuter boat.
(b) His request for better supplies.
(c) Assigning Mrs. Brown as principal.
(d) The test scores of the students.
4. What is Pat Conroy's philosophy at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) "Life was good but it was hard".
(b) "Live and let live."
(c) "Work hard and play hard."
(d) "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em."
5. Pat Conroy doubts Yamacraw knows of what?
(a) The Constitution.
(b) The Emancipation Proclamation.
(c) Gun control.
(d) The information highway.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Halloween trip gives the kids what impression of South Carolina?
2. To Pat Conroy, what makes the Skimberry's interesting people?
3. Who does Pat Conroy live with at the end of October?
4. Who suggests bringing the students to Beaufort to celebrate Halloween?
5. When Pat Conroy visits Mrs. Brown at home, she surprises him by doing what?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)