|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Jim and Joe banned from teaching on Yamacraw Island?
(a) They lack credentials.
(b) Joe cannot read.
(c) Pat Conroy doesn't like them.
(d) Jim swears too much.
2. How many fingers do the illiterate students think are on a hand?
(b) All of these.
3. What does Mrs. Brown tell the children she's tired of after lecturing about hygiene?
(a) "Boys not wearing deoderant."
(b) "The cost of toothpaste."
(c) "People stinkin' in this school."
(d) "Girls wearin' too much perfume."
4. What game does Pat Conroy let students play in class?
(c) Play and Talk.
5. Zeke jokes Pat Conroy should be careful of what, in the cold?
(a) The polar bears.
(b) Freezing off his right arm.
(c) Getting sunburned.
(d) Catching smallpox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What age group did Pat Conroy first teach?
2. How many people left Yamacraw in the migration?
3. What animal bites Pat Conroy in Chapter 5?
4. Who gets injured during the Halloween festivities?
5. Bernie earned a Top Tiger award for selling what?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)