|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of September, where does Pat Conroy move?
(a) The Mainland.
(b) Ida's house.
(c) The school house.
(d) The Buckner house.
2. To Pat Conroy, what makes the Skimberry's interesting people?
(a) Their long hair.
(b) Their lack of pretense.
(c) Their support of the war.
(d) Their scientific abilities.
3. Bernie earned a Top Tiger award for selling what?
(d) Sewing machines.
4. What method of physical control does Pat Conroy introduce in class?
(a) "Shooting the crow."
(b) "Flying the scout."
(c) "Choking the cat."
(d) "Milking the rat."
5. Why are Jim and Joe banned from teaching on Yamacraw Island?
(a) Pat Conroy doesn't like them.
(b) They lack credentials.
(c) Jim swears too much.
(d) Joe cannot read.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had a "white school" built on the island?
2. What does Pat Conroy feel for the Confederate flag?
3. What does Top Cat do with the tape recorder?
4. Which student is sensitive about being short?
5. What age group did Pat Conroy first teach?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)