|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What title does Pat Conroy give himself after trouble starts with Mrs. Brown?
(a) Class officer.
(b) The terminator.
(c) Safety office.
(d) Assistant principal.
2. Why did Zeke and Ida stop attending the Baptist church?
(a) They stopped believing in God.
(b) Ida couldn't sing in the choir.
(c) Zeke was tired of getting up early.
(d) The church refused black people.
3. At the end of September, where does Pat Conroy move?
(a) Ida's house.
(b) The school house.
(c) The Mainland.
(d) The Buckner house.
4. Beaufort friends warn Pat Conroy against befriending who?
(a) Frank and Mary.
(b) Zeke Skimberry.
(c) Lou and Ted.
(d) Mrs. Brown.
5. How many straps does Mrs. Brown carry with her?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many fingers do the illiterate students think are on a hand?
2. What kind of animal does Sam hurt in Chapter 5?
3. Who confronted Pat Conroy on the day Martin Luther was buried?
4. In what usual way does Prophet address Pat Conroy?
5. What book reminds Pat Conroy of his animal infestation in Chapter 8?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)