|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of September, where does Pat Conroy move?
(a) The Buckner house.
(b) The school house.
(c) The Mainland.
(d) Ida's house.
2. Why is Pat Conroy nice to Ted and Lou, in spite of their racism?
(a) He needs their help.
(b) He likes Lou.
(c) He is secretly racist.
(d) He is frightened of them.
3. The Halloween trip gives the kids what impression of South Carolina?
(a) Ghosts and goblins run free.
(b) Everyone loves black children.
(c) Mrs. Brown is a witch.
(d) You can knock on any door and get candy.
4. Beaufort friends warn Pat Conroy against befriending who?
(a) Lou and Ted.
(b) Zeke Skimberry.
(c) Frank and Mary.
(d) Mrs. Brown.
5. In Chapter 9, who is hit in the back with a chair?
(b) Mrs. Brown.
(d) Mrs. Graves.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, Dr. Piedmont says his secret to success is what?
2. Who in South Carolina sent the kids letters after their Halloween trip?
3. Why does Lincoln hog-tie his dog?
4. What unique style of teaching does Pat Conroy use to share information with his class?
5. What could interfere with Lou's mail delivery on the island?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)