|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Zeke and Ida stop attending the Baptist church?
(a) Zeke was tired of getting up early.
(b) The church refused black people.
(c) They stopped believing in God.
(d) Ida couldn't sing in the choir.
2. What object talks for Mrs. Graves when she gets mad?
(b) "The Fist."
(c) "The Hammer."
(d) "The Hand."
3. How did the Halloween trip help Pat Conroy's standing on the island?
(a) It lost him friends.
(b) It helped him assimilate.
(c) It made him an outcast.
(d) The women started to love him.
4. Why did Uncle Charlie cut his cat's head off?
(a) It ate a mouse.
(b) It was going blind.
(c) It bit him.
(d) It ate a liver.
5. Which popular singer do the students in Yamacraw love?
(a) Elvis Presley.
(b) Ray Charles.
(c) James Brown.
(d) Frank Sinatra.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the king of Yamacraw Island?
2. Pat Conroy is required to get permission to leave school during recess from who?
3. What does Pat Conroy like to do after school?
4. What could interfere with Lou's mail delivery on the island?
5. What are the kids most excited about in Washington D.C.?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)