|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Pat Conroy concerned about sending the kids to Beaufort for Halloween?
(a) They do not have costumes.
(b) They get motion sick on the water.
(c) They do not celebrate Halloween.
(d) They might experience racism.
2. What is Pat Conroy's philosophy at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) "Life was good but it was hard".
(b) "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em."
(c) "Live and let live."
(d) "Work hard and play hard."
3. Who gets injured during the Halloween festivities?
(a) Cindy Lou.
(b) Top Cat.
(c) Pat Conroy.
4. What type of large snake does the island house?
(b) Diamondback rattlesnake.
(d) Boa constrictor.
5. What type of program do Jim and Joe set up after school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Pat Conroy feels he is fighting against what at the school?
2. After Halloween, Mrs. Brown shames the class over what?
3. Who is the first parent to give permission for the Washington D.C. trip?
4. Who does Pat Conroy appeal to for permission to travel to Washington D.C.?
5. Where is Zeke Skimberry from?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)