|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the children compete for prizes during Halloween?
(a) From the local lottery.
(b) At an apple bobbing contest.
(c) The newspaper contest.
(d) At school carnival booths.
2. Who tries to prevent the students from leaving Yamacraw Island for Halloween?
(a) The children.
(b) Mrs. Brown.
(c) The childrens' parents.
(d) All of these.
3. Which student is sensitive about being short?
(b) Top Cat.
(c) Cindy Lou.
4. Beaufort friends warn Pat Conroy against befriending who?
(a) Frank and Mary.
(b) Lou and Ted.
(c) Zeke Skimberry.
(d) Mrs. Brown.
5. Why are Jim and Joe banned from teaching on Yamacraw Island?
(a) Pat Conroy doesn't like them.
(b) Joe cannot read.
(c) They lack credentials.
(d) Jim swears too much.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bernie earned a Top Tiger award for selling what?
2. What does Top Cat do with the tape recorder?
3. Barbara invites the girls to her house for what holiday?
4. What could interfere with Lou's mail delivery on the island?
5. Why is Pat Conroy concerned about sending the kids to Beaufort for Halloween?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)