1. Where did Pat Conroy visit Dr. Henry Piedmont?
(a) Athens, Georgia.
(b) Charlotte, North Carolina.
(c) Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
(d) Beaufort, South Carolina.
2. Where does Pat Conroy request to teach?
(a) The Bronx.
(c) Yamacraw Island.
3. In Chapter One, Pat Conroy had not yet heard back from what organization?
(a) The Peace Corp.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The Army.
4. Why does the superintendent think Pat Conroy came to him?
5. What modern convenience does Yamacraw lack?
(b) Running water.
(c) Telephone service.
6. Pat Conroy doubts Yamacraw knows of what?
(a) The information highway.
(b) The Emancipation Proclamation.
(c) The Constitution.
(d) Gun control.
7. What food item from Yamacraw is famous?
8. What caused migration away from Yamacraw?
(a) A desire for education.
(c) Lack of vaccines.
(d) A factory's pollutants.
9. How many people left Yamacraw in the migration?
10. What age group did Pat Conroy first teach?
(c) High school.
(d) Junior high.
This section contains 3,553 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)