Chapters 1 and 2
1. Where did Pat Conroy visit Dr. Henry Piedmont?
(a) Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
(b) Charlotte, North Carolina.
(c) Athens, Georgia.
(d) Beaufort, South Carolina.
2. Where does Pat Conroy request to teach?
(b) The Bronx.
(d) Yamacraw Island.
3. In Chapter One, Pat Conroy had not yet heard back from what organization?
(b) The FBI.
(c) The Army.
(d) The Peace Corp.
4. Why does the superintendent think Pat Conroy came to him?
5. What modern convenience does Yamacraw lack?
(c) Telephone service.
(d) Running water.
6. Pat Conroy doubts Yamacraw knows of what?
(a) The Constitution.
(b) The Emancipation Proclamation.
(c) The information highway.
(d) Gun control.
7. What food item from Yamacraw is famous?
8. What caused migration away from Yamacraw?
(b) A factory's pollutants.
(c) A desire for education.
(d) Lack of vaccines.
9. How many people left Yamacraw in the migration?
10. What age group did Pat Conroy first teach?
(a) High school.
(b) Junior high.
This section contains 3,553 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)