Chapters 1 and 2
1. Where did Pat Conroy visit Dr. Henry Piedmont?
(a) Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
(b) Athens, Georgia.
(c) Charlotte, North Carolina.
(d) Beaufort, South Carolina.
2. Where does Pat Conroy request to teach?
(b) The Bronx.
(d) Yamacraw Island.
3. In Chapter One, Pat Conroy had not yet heard back from what organization?
(a) The Army.
(b) The Peace Corp.
(c) The FBI.
4. Why does the superintendent think Pat Conroy came to him?
5. What modern convenience does Yamacraw lack?
(a) Running water.
(b) Telephone service.
6. Pat Conroy doubts Yamacraw knows of what?
(a) Gun control.
(b) The Constitution.
(c) The information highway.
(d) The Emancipation Proclamation.
7. What food item from Yamacraw is famous?
8. What caused migration away from Yamacraw?
(b) Lack of vaccines.
(c) A factory's pollutants.
(d) A desire for education.
9. How many people left Yamacraw in the migration?
10. What age group did Pat Conroy first teach?
(b) Junior high.
(d) High school.
This section contains 3,553 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)