|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jacob agree to sit at his old table?
(a) Jacob wants to fight and he figures the new resident would make a good target.
(b) Jacob wants to be near the ladies.
(c) Jacob wants to make peace with everyone so the doctor will stop insisting he take his new medication.
(d) Jacob wants to make Rosemary happy.
2. What has Uncle Al failed to buy for his new workers?
(d) Sleeping cars.
3. Who becomes drunk at the party in Chapter 10?
(a) Uncle Al.
4. Who is caught stealing lemonade?
(d) The workmen.
5. Who does Jacob see kill August?
(d) Uncle Al.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Al reveal about August to Jacob?
2. Who dies?
3. Who is having a party in Chapter 10?
4. What does Jacob do that causes Marlena to leave him alone in an alley?
5. What does Uncle Al want Jacob to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Marlena marry August?
2. What happens after Jacob and Marlena escape the club?
3. What does Jacob use to pay the doctor?
4. Why are Camel and Walter thrown from the train?
5. What surprise does Marlena arrange for August after Rosie's first successful show?
6. What is rumored to be wrong with the elephant?
7. How does August react to Marlena's injuries?
8. How does August react to Marlena's surprise?
9. Why is the train raided in Poughkeepsie?
10. What warning does Jacob receive that something might happen during the show that night?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)