|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jacob discover about Rosie?
(a) Rosie speaks Polish.
(b) Rosie speaks Spanish.
(c) Rosie speaks Latin.
(d) Rosie speaks Russian.
2. Who becomes drunk at the party in Chapter 10?
(a) Uncle Al.
3. What gift does August offer Jacob for his help with Rosie?
(a) A gold ring.
(b) A new watch.
(c) A new job.
(d) A raise.
4. Which animal is the most popular that day in the menagerie tent?
(a) The llama.
(b) The giraffe.
(d) The horses.
5. What does a nurse refuse to bring elderly Jacob in Chapter 13?
(a) A drink.
(b) His walker.
(c) His medications.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has caused this illness?
2. Whose safety is Jacob concerned about?
3. What does Rosie do when she sees the exit to the menagerie tent from the big top?
4. Why can Jacob not sit with Kinko at breakfast?
5. Elderly Jacob suffers two disappointments in chapter 19. What is the first?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Uncle Al want young Jacob to do in the aftermath of Marlena's choice to leave August?
2. What is rumored to be wrong with the elephant?
3. What happens when Jacob goes into Chicago with August and Marlena?
4. What happens after Jacob and Marlena escape the club?
5. What happens when Rosie is forced to participate in the Grand Spec before she is prepared?
6. How does August react to Marlena's surprise?
7. What does elderly Jacob learn about Rosemary that upsets him?
8. Why is the train raided in Poughkeepsie?
9. What surprise does Marlena arrange for August after Rosie's first successful show?
10. What happens when Jacob has too much to drink?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)