|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes Jacob to their tent?
(a) Barbara, the cooch girl.
(d) Uncle Al.
2. Why is elderly Jacob frightened?
(a) He calls Rosemary Rosie but cannot remember doing it.
(b) He cannot remember his wife's name.
(c) He has chest pains and is afraid it means a heart attack is coming on.
(d) He forgets where he is.
3. What is redlighted?
(a) When a person is thrown from a train against his will.
(b) When a person is injured in the big top.
(c) When a person is fired from the circus.
(d) When a person is caught with illegal liquor.
4. Where does young Jacob take Marlena the morning after their fights with August?
(a) To a motel.
(b) To Uncle Al.
(c) To her mother's house.
(d) To the police.
5. Why is the train raided in Poughkepsie?
(a) To recover stolen money and property.
(b) To rid it of illegal alcohol.
(c) To rid it of illegal drugs.
(d) To search for illegal aliens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jacob discover about Rosie?
2. How does learning Rosie's language help August?
3. Who is caught stealing lemonade?
4. What compromise does August come up with for Rosie?
5. How do Marlena and Jacob get separated from August?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprise does Marlena arrange for August after Rosie's first successful show?
2. Why is the train raided in Poughkeepsie?
3. How does Jacob convince Uncle Al to keep August from Marlena?
4. What does Jacob discover about Rosie?
5. How does August react to Marlena's injuries?
6. Why did Marlena marry August?
7. What happens when Jacob goes into Chicago with August and Marlena?
8. What does Uncle Al want young Jacob to do in the aftermath of Marlena's choice to leave August?
9. What does elderly Jacob learn about Rosemary that upsets him?
10. What does Uncle Al use to increase ticket sales?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)