|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jacob do that causes Marlena to leave him alone in an alley?
(a) Jacob kisses Marlena.
(b) Jacob tells Marlena she should divorce August.
(c) Jacob makes fun of Marlena's torn stockings.
(d) Jacob tells Marlena she should not drink.
2. What injury had Jacob suffered?
(a) A concussion.
(b) A broken wrist.
(c) A black eye.
(d) A strained ankle.
3. What does Uncle Al want Rosie to do?
(a) Dance to an Irish jig.
(b) Perform an act with Marlena.
(c) Participate in a parade through town.
(d) Entertain the small children coming to the show.
4. Where do Walter and Jacob hide Camel in the meantime?
(a) In the cookhouse.
(b) In the big cat car.
(c) In their room.
(d) In Marlena's state car.
5. Where does Jacob wake the next morning?
(a) In the big top.
(b) Inside a clown trunk, wearing clown makeup.
(c) In the big cat car.
(d) In his own room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes drunk at the party in Chapter 10?
2. Who takes Jacob to their tent?
3. How do Marlena and Jacob get separated from August?
4. What does Jacob use to pay for the doctor?
5. Why did Marlena marry August?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Marlena marry August?
2. What does Jacob use to pay the doctor?
3. Why are Camel and Walter thrown from the train?
4. What surprise does Marlena arrange for August after Rosie's first successful show?
5. What warning does Jacob receive that something might happen during the show that night?
6. What does Uncle Al want young Jacob to do in the aftermath of Marlena's choice to leave August?
7. Why is the train raided in Poughkeepsie?
8. Who becomes ill, forcing Jacob to examine him?
9. What happens after Jacob and Marlena escape the club?
10. What happens when Rosie is forced to participate in the Grand Spec before she is prepared?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)