|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jacob attempt to kill?
(a) Uncle Al.
2. What does Jacob use to pay for the doctor?
(a) His pay from the circus.
(b) Illegal alcohol.
(c) Kinko's pay.
(d) His father's pocket watch.
3. Who is having a party in Chapter 10?
(c) Uncle Al.
4. Who becomes drunk at the party in Chapter 10?
(c) Uncle Al.
5. Who dies?
(b) Lovely Lucinda.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jacob convince Uncle Al to allow Marlena to return without returning to August?
2. What is August suspicious of?
3. Elderly Jacob suffers two disappointments in chapter 19. What is the first?
4. What does Jacob do while in this tent?
5. Who performs with Rosie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Camel and Walter thrown from the train?
2. What happens after Jacob and Marlena escape the club?
3. What is stolen several days in a row?
4. How does Jacob convince Uncle Al to keep August from Marlena?
5. Why is the train raided in Poughkeepsie?
6. Who becomes ill, forcing Jacob to examine him?
7. How does August react to Marlena's surprise?
8. How does August react to Marlena's injuries?
9. What does Uncle Al want young Jacob to do in the aftermath of Marlena's choice to leave August?
10. What does Uncle Al use to increase ticket sales?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)