|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is caught stealing lemonade?
(a) The workmen.
2. What does Jacob do that causes Marlena to leave him alone in an alley?
(a) Jacob makes fun of Marlena's torn stockings.
(b) Jacob kisses Marlena.
(c) Jacob tells Marlena she should divorce August.
(d) Jacob tells Marlena she should not drink.
3. Why can Jacob not sit with Kinko at breakfast?
(a) It goes against circus ettiquette.
(b) Uncle Al does not allow the clowns to socialize with other workers.
(c) Jacob is not liked by Kinko's other friends.
(d) Kinko's table is overcrowded already.
4. Who breaks up the fight?
(c) A couple of workmen.
5. What does Jacob beg Marlena not to do?
(a) Perform with the horses that night.
(b) Perform with the clowns that night.
(c) Perform with the zebras that night.
(d) Perform with Rosie that night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is redlighted?
2. Why is elderly Jacob frightened?
3. Why do Jacob and Marlena decide not to run away?
4. How does learning Rosie's language help August?
5. How does Uncle Al use this death to increase ticket sales?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does August react to Marlena's surprise?
2. What is rumored to be wrong with the elephant?
3. How does Jacob convince Uncle Al to keep August from Marlena?
4. Why are Camel and Walter thrown from the train?
5. What happens when Rosie is forced to participate in the Grand Spec before she is prepared?
6. What warning does Jacob receive that something might happen during the show that night?
7. What does Jacob discover about Rosie?
8. Why did Marlena marry August?
9. Why is the train raided in Poughkeepsie?
10. What does Uncle Al use to increase ticket sales?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)