|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jacob told has become ill?
2. Who dies?
(a) Lovely Lucinda.
3. What does Rosie do when she sees the exit to the menagerie tent from the big top?
(a) Rosie stops, refusing to move in any direction.
(b) Rosie runs to the menagerie tent.
(c) Rosie runs the opposite direction.
(d) Rosie tramples a clown.
4. Whose safety is Jacob concerned about?
(b) His own
5. Why does Jacob agree to sit at his old table?
(a) Jacob wants to be near the ladies.
(b) Jacob wants to make peace with everyone so the doctor will stop insisting he take his new medication.
(c) Jacob wants to make Rosemary happy.
(d) Jacob wants to fight and he figures the new resident would make a good target.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jacob do that causes Marlena to leave him alone in an alley?
2. Where does August invite Jacob to go that night?
3. Which animal is the most popular that day in the menagerie tent?
4. Where do Walter and Jacob hide Camel in the meantime?
5. What compromise does August come up with for Rosie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Uncle Al want young Jacob to do in the aftermath of Marlena's choice to leave August?
2. How does Jacob convince Uncle Al to keep August from Marlena?
3. What happens after Jacob and Marlena escape the club?
4. What happens when Jacob has too much to drink?
5. How does August react to Marlena's injuries?
6. What does Uncle Al use to increase ticket sales?
7. What happens when Jacob goes into Chicago with August and Marlena?
8. Why is the train raided in Poughkeepsie?
9. Why are Camel and Walter thrown from the train?
10. What does Jacob discover about Rosie?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)