|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the train raided in Poughkepsie?
(a) To rid it of illegal alcohol.
(b) To recover stolen money and property.
(c) To search for illegal aliens.
(d) To rid it of illegal drugs.
2. Who arranges for a doctor?
(b) Uncle Al.
3. What does Uncle Al want Rosie to do?
(a) Entertain the small children coming to the show.
(b) Perform an act with Marlena.
(c) Dance to an Irish jig.
(d) Participate in a parade through town.
4. Whose safety is Jacob concerned about?
(b) His own
5. How does August react when he finds Jacob and Marlena in his tent?
(a) August is angry Marlena has wasted good wine on Jacob.
(b) August is excited about the nice dinner.
(c) August is already drunk and ready to drink more.
(d) August thinks he has walked in on a lover's tryst.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does learning Rosie's language help August?
2. Why does Marlena refuse to leave with Jacob immediately?
3. Who takes Jacob to their tent?
4. What does Marlena injure jumping out of Rosie's way?
5. What injury had Jacob suffered?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does August react to Marlena's injuries?
2. What is rumored to be wrong with the elephant?
3. What does Jacob discover about Rosie?
4. What happens when Jacob has too much to drink?
5. What happens when Jacob goes into Chicago with August and Marlena?
6. Why is the train raided in Poughkeepsie?
7. Why did Marlena marry August?
8. Why are Camel and Walter thrown from the train?
9. How does Jacob convince Uncle Al to keep August from Marlena?
10. What happens after Jacob and Marlena escape the club?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)