|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Marlena and Jacob get separated from August?
(a) The restaurant is so crowded, the lose eachother in the crowd.
(b) They get lost on the way to the church.
(c) The police raid the nightclub.
(d) They go to different seminar classes.
2. Why is the train raided in Poughkepsie?
(a) To search for illegal aliens.
(b) To recover stolen money and property.
(c) To rid it of illegal drugs.
(d) To rid it of illegal alcohol.
3. What does Jacob do while in this tent?
(a) Argues with circus policy.
(b) Falls asleep in the middle of a meeting.
(c) Throws up on Barbara's friend and passes out.
(d) Drinks all the jake.
4. What does Uncle Al want Rosie to do during the show?
(a) March in the Grand Spec.
(b) Allow the clowns to ride her.
(c) Balance on a ball.
(d) Perform a trick with her trunk.
5. What does Jacob beg Marlena not to do?
(a) Perform with the horses that night.
(b) Perform with the clowns that night.
(c) Perform with the zebras that night.
(d) Perform with Rosie that night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a nurse refuse to bring elderly Jacob in Chapter 13?
2. What injury had Jacob suffered?
3. Why can Jacob not sit with Kinko at breakfast?
4. What does August want Jacob to tell him?
5. Where does young Jacob take Marlena the morning after their fights with August?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Uncle Al use to increase ticket sales?
2. How does August react to Marlena's surprise?
3. What does Uncle Al want young Jacob to do in the aftermath of Marlena's choice to leave August?
4. Why did Marlena marry August?
5. What happens when Jacob goes into Chicago with August and Marlena?
6. What happens when Jacob has too much to drink?
7. How does August react to Marlena's injuries?
8. Why are Camel and Walter thrown from the train?
9. What surprise does Marlena arrange for August after Rosie's first successful show?
10. What does Jacob discover about Rosie?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)