|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is caught stealing lemonade?
(d) The workmen.
2. What does a nurse refuse to bring elderly Jacob in Chapter 13?
(a) His medications.
(c) His walker.
(d) A drink.
3. What secret does Marlena tell Jacob?
(a) She is going back to August.
(b) She is leaving the circus.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is filing for divorce.
4. Who is having a party in Chapter 10?
(a) Uncle Al.
5. What injury had Jacob suffered?
(a) A broken wrist.
(b) A strained ankle.
(c) A concussion.
(d) A black eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jacob wake the next morning?
2. What does August want Jacob to tell him?
3. Where does August invite Jacob to go that night?
4. How does Uncle Al use this death to increase ticket sales?
5. What has Uncle Al failed to buy for his new workers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does elderly Jacob learn about Rosemary that upsets him?
2. How does August react to Marlena's injuries?
3. What does Uncle Al use to increase ticket sales?
4. What warning does Jacob receive that something might happen during the show that night?
5. What happens when Rosie is forced to participate in the Grand Spec before she is prepared?
6. What surprise does Marlena arrange for August after Rosie's first successful show?
7. What does Uncle Al want young Jacob to do in the aftermath of Marlena's choice to leave August?
8. How does Jacob convince Uncle Al to keep August from Marlena?
9. Why are Camel and Walter thrown from the train?
10. What is rumored to be wrong with the elephant?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)