|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jacob attempt to kill?
(b) Uncle Al.
2. What does Uncle Al want Rosie to do during the show?
(a) Perform a trick with her trunk.
(b) Allow the clowns to ride her.
(c) March in the Grand Spec.
(d) Balance on a ball.
3. What has Uncle Al failed to buy for his new workers?
(c) Sleeping cars.
4. How does August react when he finds Jacob and Marlena in his tent?
(a) August is excited about the nice dinner.
(b) August thinks he has walked in on a lover's tryst.
(c) August is already drunk and ready to drink more.
(d) August is angry Marlena has wasted good wine on Jacob.
5. Elderly Jacob suffers two disappointments in chapter 19. What is the second?
(a) Rosemary refuses to take him to the circus.
(b) Rosemary is leaving her job to move closer to her mother-in-law.
(c) Rosemary refuses to allow him to use his walker.
(d) Rosemary refuses to give him anymore cream with his breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who performs with Rosie?
2. How does learning Rosie's language help August?
3. Why did Marlena marry August?
4. What does a nurse refuse to bring elderly Jacob in Chapter 13?
5. Who does Jacob see kill August?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)