|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What injury had Jacob suffered?
(a) A broken wrist.
(b) A concussion.
(c) A black eye.
(d) A strained ankle.
2. Who is having a party in Chapter 10?
(a) Uncle Al.
3. Where do Walter and Jacob hide Camel in the meantime?
(a) In the cookhouse.
(b) In Marlena's state car.
(c) In the big cat car.
(d) In their room.
4. Who becomes drunk at the party in Chapter 10?
(a) Uncle Al.
5. How does August react when he finds Jacob and Marlena in his tent?
(a) August is angry Marlena has wasted good wine on Jacob.
(b) August thinks he has walked in on a lover's tryst.
(c) August is excited about the nice dinner.
(d) August is already drunk and ready to drink more.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does August invite Jacob to go that night?
2. What compromise does August come up with for Rosie?
3. How does Jacob convince Uncle Al to allow Marlena to return without returning to August?
4. What is redlighted?
5. What secret does Marlena tell Jacob?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jacob discover about Rosie?
2. What does Jacob use to pay the doctor?
3. What is stolen several days in a row?
4. Why are Camel and Walter thrown from the train?
5. What happens when Rosie is forced to participate in the Grand Spec before she is prepared?
6. Who becomes ill, forcing Jacob to examine him?
7. What happens when Jacob has too much to drink?
8. What warning does Jacob receive that something might happen during the show that night?
9. What happens when Jacob goes into Chicago with August and Marlena?
10. Why did Marlena marry August?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)