|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jacob beg Marlena not to do?
(a) Perform with the horses that night.
(b) Perform with the clowns that night.
(c) Perform with the zebras that night.
(d) Perform with Rosie that night.
2. What compromise does August come up with for Rosie?
(a) Rosie is to dance to another type of song.
(b) Rosie is to be put on display in the menagerie tent.
(c) Rosie is to perform with another performer.
(d) Rosie rides in the parade on a hippo wagon.
3. Who is Jacob told has become ill?
4. What does Jacob do that causes Marlena to leave him alone in an alley?
(a) Jacob tells Marlena she should divorce August.
(b) Jacob makes fun of Marlena's torn stockings.
(c) Jacob tells Marlena she should not drink.
(d) Jacob kisses Marlena.
5. What is Kinko's real name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jacob want to see?
2. Where does Jacob wake the next morning?
3. How does Jacob convince Uncle Al to allow Marlena to return without returning to August?
4. Who becomes drunk at the party in Chapter 10?
5. What is August suspicious of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who becomes ill, forcing Jacob to examine him?
2. What happens when Jacob has too much to drink?
3. What does Uncle Al want young Jacob to do in the aftermath of Marlena's choice to leave August?
4. Why are Camel and Walter thrown from the train?
5. What does Jacob discover about Rosie?
6. Why did Marlena marry August?
7. What is stolen several days in a row?
8. What is rumored to be wrong with the elephant?
9. How does August react to Marlena's surprise?
10. Why is the train raided in Poughkeepsie?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)