|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is caught stealing lemonade?
(b) The workmen.
2. Where does young Jacob take Marlena the morning after their fights with August?
(a) To a motel.
(b) To Uncle Al.
(c) To her mother's house.
(d) To the police.
3. What does Marlena injure jumping out of Rosie's way?
(a) Her heels.
(b) Her wrist.
(c) Her leg.
(d) Her hands.
4. What compromise does August come up with for Rosie?
(a) Rosie is to be put on display in the menagerie tent.
(b) Rosie rides in the parade on a hippo wagon.
(c) Rosie is to dance to another type of song.
(d) Rosie is to perform with another performer.
5. What is Kinko's real name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Marlena tell Jacob?
2. Who does Jacob see beating a stampeding Rosie?
3. Whose safety is Jacob concerned about?
4. Where do Walter and Jacob hide Camel in the meantime?
5. What does Jacob use to pay for the doctor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Jacob goes into Chicago with August and Marlena?
2. Why is the train raided in Poughkeepsie?
3. What happens when Rosie is forced to participate in the Grand Spec before she is prepared?
4. Who becomes ill, forcing Jacob to examine him?
5. Why are Camel and Walter thrown from the train?
6. What surprise does Marlena arrange for August after Rosie's first successful show?
7. What is rumored to be wrong with the elephant?
8. How does August react to Marlena's injuries?
9. What warning does Jacob receive that something might happen during the show that night?
10. How does Jacob convince Uncle Al to keep August from Marlena?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)