|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marlena refuse to leave with Jacob immediately?
(a) She wants to get some money from her stateroom.
(b) She wants to take her horses.
(c) She wants to take Rosie too.
(d) She wants to say goodbye to her friends.
2. What has Uncle Al failed to buy for his new workers?
(d) Sleeping cars.
3. Why is elderly Jacob frightened?
(a) He has chest pains and is afraid it means a heart attack is coming on.
(b) He forgets where he is.
(c) He calls Rosemary Rosie but cannot remember doing it.
(d) He cannot remember his wife's name.
4. Where does Jacob wake the next morning?
(a) In the big cat car.
(b) In his own room.
(c) Inside a clown trunk, wearing clown makeup.
(d) In the big top.
5. Who has a fist fight?
(a) August and Kinko.
(b) Jacob and Kinko.
(c) August and Earl.
(d) Jacob and August.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jacob beg Marlena not to do?
2. How do Marlena and Jacob get separated from August?
3. What does Rosie do when she sees the exit to the menagerie tent from the big top?
4. What does Uncle Al want Jacob to do?
5. Why does August give Marlena a black eye?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jacob convince Uncle Al to keep August from Marlena?
2. What does elderly Jacob learn about Rosemary that upsets him?
3. What happens when Jacob goes into Chicago with August and Marlena?
4. What does Jacob use to pay the doctor?
5. What is rumored to be wrong with the elephant?
6. What warning does Jacob receive that something might happen during the show that night?
7. What is stolen several days in a row?
8. Why did Marlena marry August?
9. What happens when Jacob has too much to drink?
10. What happens after Jacob and Marlena escape the club?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)