|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Al reveal about August to Jacob?
(a) August is an alcoholic.
(b) August has terminal cancer.
(c) August is a paranoid schizophrenic.
(d) August is a millionare.
2. What has caused this illness?
(a) An infection from a prior injury.
(b) A virus spreading through the city.
(c) Spoiled food.
(d) Tainted jake.
3. What does Uncle Al want Rosie to do during the show?
(a) Balance on a ball.
(b) Allow the clowns to ride her.
(c) Perform a trick with her trunk.
(d) March in the Grand Spec.
4. Who is having a party in Chapter 10?
(b) Uncle Al.
5. Where does Jacob wake the next morning?
(a) In the big cat car.
(b) In the big top.
(c) Inside a clown trunk, wearing clown makeup.
(d) In his own room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does August offer Jacob for his help with Rosie?
2. How does August react when he finds Jacob and Marlena in his tent?
3. Why is elderly Jacob frightened?
4. What secret does Marlena tell Jacob?
5. What does Jacob do while in this tent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Uncle Al want young Jacob to do in the aftermath of Marlena's choice to leave August?
2. What happens after Jacob and Marlena escape the club?
3. What warning does Jacob receive that something might happen during the show that night?
4. Why are Camel and Walter thrown from the train?
5. What happens when Jacob goes into Chicago with August and Marlena?
6. Who becomes ill, forcing Jacob to examine him?
7. How does August react to Marlena's surprise?
8. What happens when Rosie is forced to participate in the Grand Spec before she is prepared?
9. What is stolen several days in a row?
10. What happens when Jacob has too much to drink?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)