|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jacob discover when he returns to his room?
(a) Marlena has been redlighted.
(b) Uncle Al has been murdered.
(c) August has been murdered by someone else.
(d) Walter and Camel have been redlighted.
2. Who becomes drunk at the party in Chapter 10?
(b) Uncle Al.
3. What surprise does Marlena arrange for August?
(a) A gift of a new gold ring.
(b) Dinner with her, Jacob, and Rosie.
(c) A new costume.
(d) A new horse.
4. Elderly Jacob suffers two disappointments in chapter 19. What is the second?
(a) Rosemary refuses to take him to the circus.
(b) Rosemary refuses to give him anymore cream with his breakfast.
(c) Rosemary refuses to allow him to use his walker.
(d) Rosemary is leaving her job to move closer to her mother-in-law.
5. Who breaks up the fight?
(c) A couple of workmen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jacob agree to sit at his old table?
2. Whose safety is Jacob concerned about?
3. Who does Jacob attempt to kill?
4. What does Uncle Al want Jacob to do?
5. Who performs with Rosie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Uncle Al use to increase ticket sales?
2. Why is the train raided in Poughkeepsie?
3. Who becomes ill, forcing Jacob to examine him?
4. What warning does Jacob receive that something might happen during the show that night?
5. What does Jacob use to pay the doctor?
6. What surprise does Marlena arrange for August after Rosie's first successful show?
7. Why did Marlena marry August?
8. What does elderly Jacob learn about Rosemary that upsets him?
9. What does Uncle Al want young Jacob to do in the aftermath of Marlena's choice to leave August?
10. What happens when Jacob has too much to drink?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)