|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Jacob angry after this person wakes him?
(a) Jacob is disappointed to be back in reality.
(b) The new resident being in his room--Jacob does not like him.
(c) Jacob is awakened rudely.
(d) The nurse checks his pulse and blood pressure without asking his permission.
2. How does Rosemary react to Jacob's anger over the blinds?
(a) She yells at Jacob for acting so rude.
(b) She calls another nurse to deal with his attitude.
(c) She calls the doctor to increase his medication.
(d) She leaves and re-enters the room as though she has just arrived.
3. Who is August, the man Marlena is speaking to in the prologue?
(a) Jacob's brother
(b) Marlena's husband
(c) Marlena's cousin
(d) Jacob's cousin
4. What problem does this announcement cause for August?
(a) August must train a new animal quickly.
(b) August is going to lose half his staff.
(c) August is forced to give up some of his animals.
(d) August does not have time to procure food for the animals.
5. What animal is Jacob to examine the following morning?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A giraffe.
(c) A horse.
(d) A llama.
Short Answer Questions
1. What punishment does August give Jacob?
2. Who is to be Jacob's roommate in his new sleeping quarters?
3. What does Jacob do to help Kinko?
4. Why does elderly Jacob become annoyed when Rosemary wakes him?
5. Who is Marlena talking to when Jacob finds her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What purchase has Uncle Al made from the bankrupted circus that causes him a great deal of excitement?
2. Why does August not have time to secure food for the animals?
3. Why is Marlena angry with August the following day?
4. What is jake? Why does Camel drink it?
5. What does Jacob witness when he goes in search of Marlena?
6. What does the doctor prescribe for Jacob?
7. What does Camel promise Jacob?
8. What job does Jacob take on the first morning when the train stops?
9. What does Uncle Al think of Jacob when he interviews him?
10. For how long has Jacob kept this secret?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)