|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jacob sleep his first night in his new sleeping quarters?
(a) In a sleeping bag borrowed from his roommate.
(b) On a hammock.
(c) Under a wet and mildewed blanket.
(d) In a soft bed.
2. What is the only thing Jacob is able to take from his parents' home?
(a) His mother's wedding ring.
(b) His father's car.
(c) His mother's cookbook.
(d) His father's gold watch.
3. What is the first job Jacob is given with the circus?
(a) Feeding the big cats.
(b) Putting up the tents.
(c) Cleaning the cookhouse.
(d) Mucking out the stalls for the stock horses.
4. What does Jacob risk by helping Marlena with her horse?
(a) His veterinarian career.
(b) His life.
(c) His job.
(d) His safety.
5. What impresses Jacob about a woman he sees in the menagerie tent in Chapter 3?
(a) She is extremely beautiful
(b) She is extremely fat
(c) She is extremely disfigured.
(d) She is extremely hairy
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jacob complain to the nurse about?
2. How many children does Jacob have?
3. Who does Camel attempt to speak to on Jacob's behalf?
4. What does Jacob see someone do to August at the end of the prologue?
5. Why does Jacob go to Marlena and August's car in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jacob agree to do for Marlena?
2. Where is Jacob living in his old age?
3. What does Marlena ask Jacob about her horse?
4. What does Jacob witness when he goes in search of Marlena?
5. Why does Jacob become angry with Rosemary, one of his nurses at the assisted-living center?
6. Where does Jacob go after walking out on his final exams?
7. What is the emergency that causes the band to play Stars and Stripes Forever?
8. With whom does Jacob have dinner the following night?
9. What is jake? Why does Camel drink it?
10. Why does Jacob lose his appetite?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)