|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jacob complain to the nurse about?
(a) A pain in his chest.
(b) His mushy food.
(c) The noise at the other tables.
(d) The music playing in the background.
2. Who joins Jacob and his friends at dinner?
(a) A new nurse.
(b) A new doctor.
(c) A new resident, a retired actress from Hollywood.
(d) A new resident, a retired lawyer.
3. Why does Jacob help the barker?
(a) Its the right thing to do.
(b) It gets him a better job.
(c) It ingratiates him with the workers.
(d) It ingratiates him with the circus owner.
4. Who is Marlena, the woman Jacob is looking for in the prologue?
(a) Jacob's cousin
(b) Jacob's girlfriend
(c) Jacob's sister
(d) Jacob's friend
5. What does August provide for himself, Marlena, and Jacob before dinner?
(a) Rare chocolates.
(b) Expensive whiskey.
(c) Expensive gifts.
(d) Formal attire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts the class?
2. What makes Jacob angry after this person wakes him?
3. Where is Jacob at the beginning of his circus memories?
4. What does Jacob risk by helping Marlena with her horse?
5. Why does a customer attack the sideshow barker?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who becomes ill, forcing Jacob to examine him?
2. What attacks Jacob later that night?
3. What does Jacob decide to do with the rest of his life at the end of the novel?
4. What does Uncle Al use to increase ticket sales?
5. Why does Jacob lose his appetite?
6. What happens when Jacob goes into Chicago with August and Marlena?
7. Where does Jacob go after walking out on his final exams?
8. How does Jacob convince Uncle Al to keep August from Marlena?
9. What happens when Jacob has too much to drink?
10. What does Jacob conclude about Marlena's horse?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)