|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Jacob not change his clothes the next morning?
(a) The horse needs immediate attention.
(b) Kinko has thrown all of Jacob's clothes away.
(c) Kinko blocks his access to their room.
(d) Camel needs Jacob's help.
2. Can Jacob heal the horse he examines?
(a) Yes, but it will take a special surgery to do it.
(b) No, Jacob knows the injury cannot be healed.
(c) Yes, but the horse will need to be left behind when the circus moves on.
(d) No, Jacob does not have the necessary equipment to heal the horse.
3. Why does young Jacob meet with August in the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Jacom meets with August to thank him for his kindness the night before.
(b) Jacob meets with August to discuss his new job duties.
(c) Jacob meets with August in order to check on the sick horse.
(d) Jacob meets with August to get his meal tickets.
4. Why does Jacob object to his seating at dinner in Chapter 5?
(a) Jacob does not want to sit with the new resident who lies about the elephants.
(b) Jacob does not want to sit alone.
(c) Jacob does not want to be isolated from the women.
(d) Jacob does not want to sit with new people.
5. What problem does this announcement cause for August?
(a) August must train a new animal quickly.
(b) August is forced to give up some of his animals.
(c) August does not have time to procure food for the animals.
(d) August is going to lose half his staff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is Jacob to examine the following morning?
2. What job is Jacob given next, after Camel decides his first job with the circus was beneath him?
3. What does Jacob see outside the window?
4. Where is Jacob at the beginning of his circus memories?
5. Where does Jacob go when he hears the music change?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does August not have time to secure food for the animals?
2. What job does Jacob take on the first morning when the train stops?
3. What ruins Jacob's one joy in the center?
4. What does elderly Jacob spend his day doing?
5. What does Jacob see outside the center's window?
6. What does the doctor prescribe for Jacob?
7. How many children does Jacob have?
8. Why does Jacob lose his appetite?
9. What is the significance of Stars and Stripes Forever in the circus?
10. What have Jacob's parents left to him?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)