|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job is Jacob given next, after Camel decides his first job with the circus was beneath him?
(a) Security at a cooch show.
(b) Cleaning up in the cookhouse.
(c) Feeding the big cats.
(d) Directing customers to the sideshows.
2. What person in Jacob's life has recently died?
(a) His child.
(b) His long time friend.
(c) His wife.
(d) His doctor.
3. Why does Camel drink jake?
(a) It was a gift.
(b) It is tasty.
(c) It is Prohibition and it is the only alcohol he can find.
(d) It is cheap.
4. What surprise does Rosemary add to Jacob's breakfast tray?
(a) Rosemary adds an apple to Jacob's breakfast tray.
(b) Rosemary adds a bowl of cream to Jacob's breakfast tray.
(c) Rosemary adds grits to Jacob's breakfast tray.
(d) Rosemary adds pancakes to Jacob's breakfast tray.
5. Who owns the sick horse Jacob is to examine in Chapter 6?
(a) Marlena, August's wife and the beautiful woman Jacob saw the day before.
(b) Uncle Al and the circus.
(c) Camel and Kinko the Clown.
(d) August, the animal manager.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jacob think of when he returns to his room?
2. Who is Marlena talking to when Jacob finds her?
3. What does the doctor prescribe for Jacob after his outburst at dinner?
4. Who interrupts the class?
5. What animal appears to be missing from the circus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What ruins Jacob's one joy in the center?
2. Why does Jacob become angry with Rosemary, one of his nurses at the assisted-living center?
3. What does Jacob conclude about Marlena's horse?
4. What is the significance of Stars and Stripes Forever in the circus?
5. For how long has Jacob kept this secret?
6. What animal does Jacob notice missing from the circus' group of exotic animals?
7. What purchase has Uncle Al made from the bankrupted circus that causes him a great deal of excitement?
8. What does Jacob agree to do for Marlena?
9. What does Jacob complain to the nurse about?
10. What does the doctor prescribe for Jacob?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)