|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reluctantly helps Jacob with Marlena's horse?
2. How does Jacob react to the nurse's response to his complaint?
(a) Jacob knocks his plate onto the floor.
(b) Jacob argues with the nurse.
(c) Jacob picks a fight with the new resident.
(d) Jacob insists on going to his room.
3. What does Jacob recommend be done for the horse?
(a) The horse should be stalled and taken off its feed.
(b) The horse should be given to a farmer who could stall it properly.
(c) The horse should be taken to an animal hospital.
(d) The horse should be treated with special medications.
4. Who does Camel attempt to speak to on Jacob's behalf?
(a) Uncle Al
5. Why does August become annoyed with Marlena over lunch in Chapter 9?
(a) Marlena ignores August's attempts at reconciliation.
(b) Marlena feeds one of the displaced workers.
(c) Marlena refuses to make changes to her performances that August has recommended.
(d) Marlena flirts openly with Jacob.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jacob miss about being older?
2. What has Uncle Al pushed the circus to reach?
3. What does this guest claim to have done as a young person?
4. Who interrupts the class?
5. How does Rosemary react to Jacob's anger over the blinds?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jacob witness when he goes in search of Marlena?
2. What does Jacob complain to the nurse about?
3. Why is Marlena angry with August the following day?
4. What does Uncle Al think of Jacob when he interviews him?
5. What is the significance of Stars and Stripes Forever in the circus?
6. With whom does Jacob have dinner the following night?
7. What have Jacob's parents left to him?
8. What treat does Rosemary sneak onto Jacob's breakfast tray?
9. How many children does Jacob have?
10. What does Marlena ask Jacob about her horse?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)