|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is class interrupted?
(a) A student let a mouse go in class.
(b) There is a problem with the final exam.
(c) One of the students made a rude remark.
(d) There is a message for Jacob.
2. What song does Jacob hear being played as the stampede begins?
(a) God Bless the Queen
(b) America the Beautiful
(c) God Bless America
(d) Stars and Stripes Forever
3. Why does Jacob take a train home?
(a) Jacob has been kicked out of school for disciplinary reasons.
(b) Jacob has been kicked out of school for poor grades.
(c) His parents were killed in a car crash.
(d) His parents can no longer afford his tuition.
4. What holds the attention of many of the assisted-living center's residents in Chapter 5?
(a) A new resident who can dance.
(b) A new game in the activity room.
(c) A movie in the activity room.
(d) The circus.
5. Who comes to Jacob's defense during his conversation with Uncle Al?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the menagerie tent?
2. What holds Jacob's attention in class in Chapter 2?
3. Who does Camel attempt to speak to on Jacob's behalf?
4. Why can Jacob not change his clothes the next morning?
5. What does the doctor prescribe for Jacob after his outburst at dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Camel promise Jacob?
2. What is the emergency that causes the band to play Stars and Stripes Forever?
3. Who is Jacob's roommate? What is the source of tension between these two?
4. What job does Jacob take on the first morning when the train stops?
5. What does Jacob witness when he goes in search of Marlena?
6. What does Jacob conclude about Marlena's horse?
7. Why does Jacob become angry with Rosemary, one of his nurses at the assisted-living center?
8. Why does Jacob lose his appetite?
9. What is jake? Why does Camel drink it?
10. What news does Jacob receive in the days before his final exams?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)