|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jacob removed from the dining room?
(a) He is rude to the nurses.
(b) He argues with the new resident.
(c) He is finished eating.
(d) He becomes ill.
2. What does Uncle Al order be done with Jacob?
(a) Uncle Al wants Jacob handed over to the police.
(b) Uncle Al wants Jacob given a job with the clowns.
(c) Uncle Al wants Jacob placed in the animal car.
(d) Uncle Al wants Jacob thrown from the train.
3. What is jake?
(a) Rice gin
(c) Jamaican ginger extract
(d) Distilled whiskey
4. What holds the attention of many of the assisted-living center's residents in Chapter 5?
(a) A movie in the activity room.
(b) The circus.
(c) A new game in the activity room.
(d) A new resident who can dance.
5. Who is coming to visit Jacob that day?
(b) One of his grandchildren.
(c) One of his great-grandchildren.
(d) One of his children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Jacob angry after this person wakes him?
2. Who finds bath water for Jacob?
3. Who comes to Jacob's defense during his conversation with Uncle Al?
4. What does the new resident say that upsets Jacob?
5. What does Jacob miss about being older?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jacob become angry with Rosemary, one of his nurses at the assisted-living center?
2. What animal does Jacob notice missing from the circus' group of exotic animals?
3. What does Marlena ask Jacob about her horse?
4. Why does Jacob lose his appetite?
5. What purchase has Uncle Al made from the bankrupted circus that causes him a great deal of excitement?
6. What is the significance of Stars and Stripes Forever in the circus?
7. Who is Jacob's roommate? What is the source of tension between these two?
8. What does Jacob conclude about Marlena's horse?
9. What does Uncle Al think of Jacob when he interviews him?
10. What news does Jacob receive in the days before his final exams?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)