Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jacob lament about his current circumstances?
(a) His inability to stay in his wheelchair all day.
(b) His inablity to argue for arguement's sake.
(c) Being old and being treated like a fragile being.
(d) Being too tired to eat an entire meal.
2. What job is Jacob given next, after Camel decides his first job with the circus was beneath him?
(a) Cleaning up in the cookhouse.
(b) Feeding the big cats.
(c) Security at a cooch show.
(d) Directing customers to the sideshows.
3. What is the only thing Jacob is able to take from his parents' home?
(a) His father's car.
(b) His mother's wedding ring.
(c) His father's gold watch.
(d) His mother's cookbook.
4. What problem does this announcement cause for August?
(a) August is forced to give up some of his animals.
(b) August does not have time to procure food for the animals.
(c) August must train a new animal quickly.
(d) August is going to lose half his staff.
5. What song does Jacob hear being played as the stampede begins?
(a) God Bless the Queen
(b) Stars and Stripes Forever
(c) America the Beautiful
(d) God Bless America
Short Answer Questions
1. Can Jacob heal the horse he examines?
2. What holds Jacob's attention in class in Chapter 2?
3. Why does Jacob dislike this guest?
4. Who wakes elderly Jacob in Chapter 5?
5. What does Jacob promise to do for Marlena in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Jacob has too much to drink?
2. Why does Jacob become angry with Rosemary, one of his nurses at the assisted-living center?
3. What does elderly Jacob learn about Rosemary that upsets him?
4. What does Jacob conclude about Marlena's horse?
5. Where is Jacob living in his old age?
6. How does Jacob get a job working security for the cooch show that night?
7. What does Jacob complain to the nurse about?
8. How does August react to Marlena's injuries?
9. What does Jacob witness when he goes in search of Marlena?
10. Who does Jacob see commit the murder mentioned in the prologue?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)