|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rosemary react to Jacob's anger over the blinds?
(a) She calls the doctor to increase his medication.
(b) She leaves and re-enters the room as though she has just arrived.
(c) She calls another nurse to deal with his attitude.
(d) She yells at Jacob for acting so rude.
2. What does Jacob recommend be done for the horse?
(a) The horse should be taken to an animal hospital.
(b) The horse should be given to a farmer who could stall it properly.
(c) The horse should be treated with special medications.
(d) The horse should be stalled and taken off its feed.
3. Where does Jacob find Marlena?
(a) On the train
(b) In town
(c) In the menagerie tent
(d) In the big top
4. Why does Jacob help the barker?
(a) It ingratiates him with the circus owner.
(b) It ingratiates him with the workers.
(c) Its the right thing to do.
(d) It gets him a better job.
5. Who joins Jacob and his friends at dinner?
(a) A new nurse.
(b) A new resident, a retired actress from Hollywood.
(c) A new resident, a retired lawyer.
(d) A new doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What person in Jacob's life has recently died?
2. What does Jacob see for the first time during the cooch show?
3. Why was Jacob's father unable to pay his mortgage?
4. What problem does this announcement cause for August?
5. What surprise does Rosemary add to Jacob's breakfast tray?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprise does Marlena arrange for August after Rosie's first successful show?
2. What is Jacob studying in school? What are his plans after he gets his degree?
3. What have Jacob's parents left to him?
4. What does Uncle Al want young Jacob to do in the aftermath of Marlena's choice to leave August?
5. What does elderly Jacob spend his day doing?
6. What is rumored to be wrong with the elephant?
7. Why is Marlena angry with August the following day?
8. What does elderly Jacob learn about Rosemary that upsets him?
9. Why are Camel and Walter thrown from the train?
10. Why does August not have time to secure food for the animals?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)