|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jacob go to Marlena and August's car in Chapter 7?
(a) Jacob is to have dinner with Marlena and August.
(b) Jacob wants to give August and Marlena an update on the sick horse.
(c) Jacob wants to apologize to August.
(d) Jacob wants to see Marlena again.
2. What is Jacob doing just before the stampede begins?
(b) Caring for animals
3. What does Marlena ask Jacob when they meet in Chapter 7?
(a) To help her leave August.
(b) To tell her the truth about his feelings for her.
(c) To tell her the truth about her horse.
(d) To protect her from August and Uncle Al.
4. What has made Marlena angry with August in Chapter 9?
(a) August called Marlena an unkind name.
(b) August hit Marlena for a percieved hurt.
(c) August fed her horse to the big cats.
(d) August fired Jacob.
5. What does this guest claim to have done as a young person?
(a) Meet Valentino.
(b) Cared for the performers in a circus.
(c) Carried water for elephants in the circus.
(d) Worked with Fred Astaire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jacob see someone do to August at the end of the prologue?
2. Where does Jacob go when he hears the music change?
3. Where does the nurse try to seat Jacob at dinner?
4. What does Uncle Al announce to the circus crew and performers?
5. Where does Jacob sleep his first night in his new sleeping quarters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the emergency that causes the band to play Stars and Stripes Forever?
2. What animal does Jacob notice missing from the circus' group of exotic animals?
3. What does the doctor prescribe for Jacob?
4. What does Jacob complain to the nurse about?
5. Why does Jacob become angry with Rosemary, one of his nurses at the assisted-living center?
6. What attacks Jacob later that night?
7. Why does August not have time to secure food for the animals?
8. What have Jacob's parents left to him?
9. Where does Jacob go after walking out on his final exams?
10. For how long has Jacob kept this secret?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)