|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Jacob not change his clothes the next morning?
(a) Kinko has thrown all of Jacob's clothes away.
(b) Kinko blocks his access to their room.
(c) The horse needs immediate attention.
(d) Camel needs Jacob's help.
2. Why does Jacob go to Marlena and August's car in Chapter 7?
(a) Jacob is to have dinner with Marlena and August.
(b) Jacob wants to see Marlena again.
(c) Jacob wants to apologize to August.
(d) Jacob wants to give August and Marlena an update on the sick horse.
3. What school does Jacob attend?
(a) Cornell University.
(b) Cambridge University.
(c) Duke University.
(d) Notre Dame University.
4. How does Rosemary react to Jacob's anger over the blinds?
(a) She leaves and re-enters the room as though she has just arrived.
(b) She yells at Jacob for acting so rude.
(c) She calls the doctor to increase his medication.
(d) She calls another nurse to deal with his attitude.
5. Why does elderly Jacob become annoyed when Rosemary wakes him?
(a) Rosemary opens the blinds without asking his permission.
(b) Rosemary is rude in her method to wake him.
(c) Rosemary has awakened him too early.
(d) Rosemary has awakened him too late.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Camel tell Jacob he will have to learn to get along?
2. Where is Jacob at the beginning of his circus memories?
3. How many children does Jacob have?
4. Why is class interrupted?
5. Why is Jacob in the assisted-living center?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Marlena angry with August the following day?
2. What is the emergency that causes the band to play Stars and Stripes Forever?
3. What ruins Jacob's one joy in the center?
4. What does Jacob see outside the center's window?
5. What purchase has Uncle Al made from the bankrupted circus that causes him a great deal of excitement?
6. What is the significance of Stars and Stripes Forever in the circus?
7. Who is Jacob's roommate? What is the source of tension between these two?
8. What does Marlena ask Jacob about her horse?
9. What does Jacob conclude about Marlena's horse?
10. What does Jacob witness when he goes in search of Marlena?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)