|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jacob studying at school?
(c) Veterinary Medicine.
2. What does Jacob retrieve from the camel and zebra cars?
(a) The barrels of meat.
(b) The barrels of alcohol.
(c) The barrels of sweet grain.
(d) The barrels of valuables.
3. What did Jacob's father do for a living?
(a) He was a farmer.
(b) He was a store clerk.
(c) He was a veterinarian.
(d) He was a doctor.
4. Why has Jacob come to live at the assisted-living center?
(a) His family felt he could not live alone anymore and none of them could take him in.
(b) Jacob did not want to live alone anymore.
(c) Jacob did not want to live with any of his children.
(d) Jacob lost his house in a foreclosure and had no where else to go.
5. Who is Marlena, the woman Jacob is looking for in the prologue?
(a) Jacob's sister
(b) Jacob's girlfriend
(c) Jacob's cousin
(d) Jacob's friend
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reluctantly helps Jacob with Marlena's horse?
2. What does Jacob see for the first time during the cooch show?
3. What does Jacob lament about his current circumstances?
4. Why is Jacob happy that he can remember the nurse's name is Rosemary?
5. Who comes to Jacob's defense during his conversation with Uncle Al?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Jacob go after walking out on his final exams?
2. What attacks Jacob later that night?
3. What purchase has Uncle Al made from the bankrupted circus that causes him a great deal of excitement?
4. What does Jacob agree to do for Marlena?
5. What does Marlena ask Jacob about her horse?
6. Why is Marlena angry with August the following day?
7. What is a cooch show?
8. What does the doctor prescribe for Jacob?
9. What treat does Rosemary sneak onto Jacob's breakfast tray?
10. What does Jacob see outside the center's window?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)