|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to Jacob's defense during his conversation with Uncle Al?
2. Why is Jacob removed from the dining room?
(a) He is rude to the nurses.
(b) He is finished eating.
(c) He argues with the new resident.
(d) He becomes ill.
3. Who interrupts the class?
(b) The dean of students.
4. What kind of train does Jacob jump?
(a) A coal train.
(b) A freight train.
(c) A passenger train.
(d) A circus train.
5. Why is Jacob in the assisted-living center?
(a) He is old.
(b) He wants to be near people his own age.
(c) He broke his hip and needs extra help while he recovers.
(d) He has no family to care for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jacob meet up with Marlena the next morning in Chapter 7?
2. What does Jacob see outside the window?
3. What is Jacob told as he runs toward the big top?
4. What person in Jacob's life has recently died?
5. Why does Jacob go to Marlena and August's car in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jacob decide to do with the rest of his life at the end of the novel?
2. Why is the train raided in Poughkeepsie?
3. What does elderly Jacob spend his day doing?
4. What does Marlena ask Jacob about her horse?
5. What does Uncle Al use to increase ticket sales?
6. What attacks Jacob later that night?
7. How many children does Jacob have?
8. What warning does Jacob receive that something might happen during the show that night?
9. What animal does Jacob notice missing from the circus' group of exotic animals?
10. What does Jacob complain to the nurse about?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)