|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem does this announcement cause for August?
(a) August is going to lose half his staff.
(b) August does not have time to procure food for the animals.
(c) August is forced to give up some of his animals.
(d) August must train a new animal quickly.
2. What does Jacob risk by helping Marlena with her horse?
(a) His safety.
(b) His veterinarian career.
(c) His job.
(d) His life.
3. How does Jacob react to the nurse's response to his complaint?
(a) Jacob insists on going to his room.
(b) Jacob knocks his plate onto the floor.
(c) Jacob argues with the nurse.
(d) Jacob picks a fight with the new resident.
4. What does Uncle Al tell Jacob about the possibility of a job with the circus?
(a) Uncle Al tells Jacob to leave the train, he is not a good enough vet to justify the expense of keeping him on.
(b) Uncle Al tells Jacob to leave, they cannot afford another worker.
(c) Jacob has a job, but he will not be paid for a trial period of several weeks.
(d) Uncle Al gives Jacob a job, but it is dependent on his ability to save the horse.
5. Who does Camel attempt to speak to on Jacob's behalf?
(d) Uncle Al
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does a customer attack the sideshow barker?
2. What does the barker do to reward Jacob?
3. What is Jacob told as he runs toward the big top?
4. What animal is Jacob to examine the following morning?
5. What does August have the men store with the camels and zebras?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jacob witness when he goes in search of Marlena?
2. What does the doctor prescribe for Jacob?
3. What does Jacob conclude about Marlena's horse?
4. What is the significance of Stars and Stripes Forever in the circus?
5. What does elderly Jacob spend his day doing?
6. How many children does Jacob have?
7. Why does Jacob become angry with Rosemary, one of his nurses at the assisted-living center?
8. Who does Jacob meet the next morning on the circus train?
9. What is Jacob's one joy in the center?
10. Why does Jacob lose his appetite?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)