|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Marlena and August dance at dinner?
(a) August passes out from too much alcohol.
(b) Marlena becomes ill.
(c) August has some sort of fit.
(d) Marlena passes out from too much alcohol.
2. What is the menagerie tent?
(a) The tent where the animals are housed.
(b) The tent where the managers have their offices.
(c) The tent where the supplies are stored.
(d) The tent where the performers wait to go on.
3. What does Jacob do to help Kinko?
(a) Jacob offers to help care for a sick friend of Kinko's.
(b) Jacob offers to do some of Kinko's work around the circus.
(c) Jacob offers a solution to an illness Kinko's dog is suffering.
(d) Jacob offers to move to a new room.
4. What does August have the men store with the camels and zebras?
(a) Barrels of raw meat.
(b) Barrels of illegal alcohol.
(c) Barrels of valuables taken from Uncle Al.
(d) Barrels of sweet grain for the horses.
5. What does Jacob miss about being older?
(a) His freedom.
(b) His independence.
(c) His health.
(d) His young appearance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jacob's one pleasure at the assisted-living center?
2. What does Jacob see for the first time during the cooch show?
3. Which relatives does Jacob have trouble remembering?
4. What does Uncle Al order be done with Jacob?
5. What impression makes Uncle Al think Jacob is not serious about a job with the circus? Who does Uncle Al think Jacob is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is jake? Why does Camel drink it?
2. Why does August not have time to secure food for the animals?
3. Who comes to Jacob's defense? Why?
4. What is the significance of Stars and Stripes Forever in the circus?
5. What does Jacob witness when he goes in search of Marlena?
6. What purchase has Uncle Al made from the bankrupted circus that causes him a great deal of excitement?
7. What have Jacob's parents left to him?
8. What does Uncle Al think of Jacob when he interviews him?
9. What news does Jacob receive in the days before his final exams?
10. What job does Jacob take on the first morning when the train stops?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)