|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Can Jacob heal the horse he examines?
(a) No, Jacob does not have the necessary equipment to heal the horse.
(b) No, Jacob knows the injury cannot be healed.
(c) Yes, but it will take a special surgery to do it.
(d) Yes, but the horse will need to be left behind when the circus moves on.
2. What does Jacob do to help Kinko?
(a) Jacob offers to do some of Kinko's work around the circus.
(b) Jacob offers to help care for a sick friend of Kinko's.
(c) Jacob offers to move to a new room.
(d) Jacob offers a solution to an illness Kinko's dog is suffering.
3. Who wakes elderly Jacob in Chapter 5?
(a) The new resident.
(b) His wife.
(c) Rosemary, the nurse.
(d) His son.
4. What is jake?
(b) Jamaican ginger extract
(c) Distilled whiskey
(d) Rice gin
5. Who is Marlena talking to when Jacob finds her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the new resident say that upsets Jacob?
2. Who comes to Jacob's defense during his conversation with Uncle Al?
3. Why does Jacob take a train home?
4. Why does young Jacob meet with August in the beginning of Chapter 6?
5. What does Uncle Al order be done with Jacob?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jacob agree to do for Marlena?
2. What is Jacob's one joy in the center?
3. What attacks Jacob later that night?
4. Where does Jacob go after walking out on his final exams?
5. What does Jacob witness when he goes in search of Marlena?
6. What news does Jacob receive in the days before his final exams?
7. What does Jacob complain to the nurse about?
8. What animal does Jacob notice missing from the circus' group of exotic animals?
9. How does Jacob get a job working security for the cooch show that night?
10. What does Jacob see outside the center's window?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)