|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jacob do to irritate August when they stop that night?
(a) Jacob insults Marlena.
(b) Jacob refuses to check on Marlena's sick horse.
(c) Jacob insults Uncle Al.
(d) Jacob overrides an order August gave the men.
2. Why does Jacob keep this act perpetrated against August secret for more than half a century?
(a) To protect himself
(b) To protect Marlena
(c) To protect August
(d) To protect the circus
3. Why is Jacob happy that he can remember the nurse's name is Rosemary?
(a) Jacob is just happy to see the same nurse more than once.
(b) Jacob likes the name Rosemary.
(c) Jacob believes remembering her name proves he is not losing his mind.
(d) Jacob has never been able to remember names, so he is happy anytime he can.
4. What did Jacob's father do for a living?
(a) He was a farmer.
(b) He was a doctor.
(c) He was a veterinarian.
(d) He was a store clerk.
5. Where is Jacob at the beginning of his circus memories?
(a) In the menagerie tent of a circus.
(b) In the train belonging to a circus.
(c) In the big top watching a circus.
(d) In the cookhouse of a circus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jacob help the barker?
2. Who does the bath water found for Jacob belong to?
3. Why has Jacob come to live at the assisted-living center?
4. Can Jacob heal the horse he examines?
5. Which relatives does Jacob have trouble remembering?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Jacob receive in the days before his final exams?
2. What is the significance of Stars and Stripes Forever in the circus?
3. What does Camel promise Jacob?
4. Why does Jacob lose his appetite?
5. Why does Jacob not wish to sit at his regular table at mealtime?
6. What does Jacob agree to do for Marlena?
7. What attacks Jacob later that night?
8. What happens when Rosie is forced to participate in the Grand Spec before she is prepared?
9. What job does Jacob take on the first morning when the train stops?
10. What is the emergency that causes the band to play Stars and Stripes Forever?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)