|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is August suspicious of?
(a) That Rosie is not intelligent enough to learn a performance.
(b) Jacob and Marlena.
(c) Stealing by one of his employees.
(d) Job cuts by Uncle Al.
2. What does Rosie do when she sees the exit to the menagerie tent from the big top?
(a) Rosie stops, refusing to move in any direction.
(b) Rosie tramples a clown.
(c) Rosie runs the opposite direction.
(d) Rosie runs to the menagerie tent.
3. What secret does Marlena tell Jacob?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is leaving the circus.
(c) She is filing for divorce.
(d) She is going back to August.
4. Who is caught stealing lemonade?
(a) The workmen.
5. Who does Jacob want to see?
(b) Uncle Al.
6. How do Marlena and Jacob get separated from August?
(a) They go to different seminar classes.
(b) The restaurant is so crowded, the lose eachother in the crowd.
(c) The police raid the nightclub.
(d) They get lost on the way to the church.
7. Who does Jacob attempt to kill?
(c) Uncle Al.
8. Who dies?
(d) Lovely Lucinda.
9. What does Jacob do while in this tent?
(a) Drinks all the jake.
(b) Falls asleep in the middle of a meeting.
(c) Throws up on Barbara's friend and passes out.
(d) Argues with circus policy.
10. What does Uncle Al want Rosie to do during the show?
(a) Balance on a ball.
(b) Allow the clowns to ride her.
(c) Perform a trick with her trunk.
(d) March in the Grand Spec.
11. What does Marlena injure jumping out of Rosie's way?
(a) Her heels.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her leg.
(d) Her wrist.
12. Why is elderly Jacob frightened?
(a) He calls Rosemary Rosie but cannot remember doing it.
(b) He cannot remember his wife's name.
(c) He forgets where he is.
(d) He has chest pains and is afraid it means a heart attack is coming on.
13. Who does Jacob and Walter decide to approach about caring for Camel?
(a) Camel's estranged son.
(b) Camel's ex-wife.
(c) Camel's daughter.
(d) Camel's cousin.
14. What does a nurse refuse to bring elderly Jacob in Chapter 13?
(a) His walker.
(c) A drink.
(d) His medications.
15. How does Uncle Al use this death to increase ticket sales?
(a) He makes her body an exhibit with the side show.
(b) He does multiple interviews about the sadness of the situation.
(c) He throws a funeral parade.
(d) He offers free souvenirs in her name.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes drunk at the party in Chapter 10?
2. Elderly Jacob suffers two disappointments in chapter 19. What is the second?
3. What compromise does August come up with for Rosie?
4. Who is having a party in Chapter 10?
5. Why does August give Marlena a black eye?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)