|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is elderly Jacob frightened?
(a) He cannot remember his wife's name.
(b) He calls Rosemary Rosie but cannot remember doing it.
(c) He has chest pains and is afraid it means a heart attack is coming on.
(d) He forgets where he is.
2. Who is Jacob told has become ill?
3. What gift does August offer Jacob for his help with Rosie?
(a) A new job.
(b) A new watch.
(c) A raise.
(d) A gold ring.
4. Who does Jacob and Walter decide to approach about caring for Camel?
(a) Camel's estranged son.
(b) Camel's cousin.
(c) Camel's ex-wife.
(d) Camel's daughter.
5. What injury had Jacob suffered?
(a) A concussion.
(b) A strained ankle.
(c) A broken wrist.
(d) A black eye.
6. What does a nurse refuse to bring elderly Jacob in Chapter 13?
(b) A drink.
(c) His medications.
(d) His walker.
7. Whose safety is Jacob concerned about?
(d) His own
8. How does Uncle Al use this death to increase ticket sales?
(a) He offers free souvenirs in her name.
(b) He throws a funeral parade.
(c) He makes her body an exhibit with the side show.
(d) He does multiple interviews about the sadness of the situation.
9. What does Uncle Al reveal about August to Jacob?
(a) August is an alcoholic.
(b) August is a paranoid schizophrenic.
(c) August is a millionare.
(d) August has terminal cancer.
10. Who breaks up the fight?
(a) A couple of workmen.
11. Who does Jacob attempt to kill?
(a) Uncle Al.
12. What secret does Marlena tell Jacob?
(a) She is filing for divorce.
(b) She is going back to August.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is leaving the circus.
13. Where do Walter and Jacob hide Camel in the meantime?
(a) In the big cat car.
(b) In their room.
(c) In the cookhouse.
(d) In Marlena's state car.
14. Why does August give Marlena a black eye?
(a) She hit him first.
(b) She called him a nasty name.
(c) She admitted to having an affair with Jacob.
(d) She said she was leaving him.
15. Who does Jacob see kill August?
(b) Uncle Al.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Al want Rosie to do during the show?
2. What is Kinko's real name?
3. Where does August invite Jacob to go that night?
4. Where does young Jacob take Marlena the morning after their fights with August?
5. Why does Jacob agree to sit at his old table?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)