|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jacob attempt to kill?
(b) Uncle Al.
2. Who does Jacob want to see?
(b) Uncle Al.
3. What does Jacob use to pay for the doctor?
(a) Illegal alcohol.
(b) Kinko's pay.
(c) His pay from the circus.
(d) His father's pocket watch.
4. Whose safety is Jacob concerned about?
(a) His own
5. What compromise does August come up with for Rosie?
(a) Rosie is to dance to another type of song.
(b) Rosie is to perform with another performer.
(c) Rosie is to be put on display in the menagerie tent.
(d) Rosie rides in the parade on a hippo wagon.
6. What does Rosie do when she sees the exit to the menagerie tent from the big top?
(a) Rosie tramples a clown.
(b) Rosie runs the opposite direction.
(c) Rosie stops, refusing to move in any direction.
(d) Rosie runs to the menagerie tent.
7. Who is Jacob told has become ill?
8. Where do Walter and Jacob hide Camel in the meantime?
(a) In the cookhouse.
(b) In the big cat car.
(c) In their room.
(d) In Marlena's state car.
9. Who performs with Rosie?
10. Who does Jacob see kill August?
(c) Uncle Al.
11. Why does Marlena refuse to leave with Jacob immediately?
(a) She wants to take Rosie too.
(b) She wants to take her horses.
(c) She wants to say goodbye to her friends.
(d) She wants to get some money from her stateroom.
12. How do Marlena and Jacob get separated from August?
(a) The restaurant is so crowded, the lose eachother in the crowd.
(b) They get lost on the way to the church.
(c) They go to different seminar classes.
(d) The police raid the nightclub.
13. What does Jacob beg Marlena not to do?
(a) Perform with the zebras that night.
(b) Perform with the clowns that night.
(c) Perform with Rosie that night.
(d) Perform with the horses that night.
14. What is Kinko's real name?
15. Why do Jacob and Marlena decide not to run away?
(a) Jacob wants to get Camel to his son first.
(b) Marlena wants to keep her job.
(c) Jacob wants to finish his degree first.
(d) Marlena wants to make amends with August.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is having a party in Chapter 10?
2. What does Marlena injure jumping out of Rosie's way?
3. What does Jacob do while in this tent?
4. Why can Jacob not sit with Kinko at breakfast?
5. What injury had Jacob suffered?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)