|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jacob do while in this tent?
(a) Argues with circus policy.
(b) Falls asleep in the middle of a meeting.
(c) Drinks all the jake.
(d) Throws up on Barbara's friend and passes out.
2. Who does Jacob see beating a stampeding Rosie?
(c) Uncle Al.
3. Where do Walter and Jacob hide Camel in the meantime?
(a) In the big cat car.
(b) In Marlena's state car.
(c) In their room.
(d) In the cookhouse.
4. What has caused this illness?
(a) An infection from a prior injury.
(b) A virus spreading through the city.
(c) Spoiled food.
(d) Tainted jake.
5. What does August want Jacob to tell him?
(a) Where Marlena is.
(b) That he will quit the circus.
(c) Where Camel is hiding.
(d) What Uncle Al said.
6. Who performs with Rosie?
7. Where does young Jacob take Marlena the morning after their fights with August?
(a) To Uncle Al.
(b) To her mother's house.
(c) To a motel.
(d) To the police.
8. Who breaks up the fight?
(b) A couple of workmen.
9. What is August suspicious of?
(a) Stealing by one of his employees.
(b) That Rosie is not intelligent enough to learn a performance.
(c) Jacob and Marlena.
(d) Job cuts by Uncle Al.
10. How does learning Rosie's language help August?
(a) Learning her language makes it possible to control Rosie's theiving habits.
(b) Learning her language makes it possible for August to care about Rosie.
(c) Learning her language helps prove Rosie is stupid.
(d) Learning commands in her language enables August to train Rosie.
11. What does Jacob do that causes Marlena to leave him alone in an alley?
(a) Jacob tells Marlena she should not drink.
(b) Jacob tells Marlena she should divorce August.
(c) Jacob kisses Marlena.
(d) Jacob makes fun of Marlena's torn stockings.
12. Elderly Jacob suffers two disappointments in chapter 19. What is the first?
(a) His grandson decides he does not have time to visit.
(b) His great-granddaughter does not want to go to the circus.
(c) His son forgets it is his day to visit.
(d) His wife is unable to visit.
13. Who has a fist fight?
(a) Jacob and August.
(b) August and Earl.
(c) August and Kinko.
(d) Jacob and Kinko.
14. What does Uncle Al want Rosie to do during the show?
(a) Perform a trick with her trunk.
(b) March in the Grand Spec.
(c) Allow the clowns to ride her.
(d) Balance on a ball.
15. What does Jacob discover when he returns to his room?
(a) Marlena has been redlighted.
(b) Uncle Al has been murdered.
(c) August has been murdered by someone else.
(d) Walter and Camel have been redlighted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Al want Jacob to do?
2. Who becomes drunk at the party in Chapter 10?
3. What does Jacob beg Marlena not to do?
4. Who does Jacob see kill August?
5. How do Marlena and Jacob get separated from August?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)