|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jacob attempt to kill?
(a) Uncle Al.
2. Why does Marlena refuse to leave with Jacob immediately?
(a) She wants to get some money from her stateroom.
(b) She wants to take her horses.
(c) She wants to say goodbye to her friends.
(d) She wants to take Rosie too.
3. Where does young Jacob take Marlena the morning after their fights with August?
(a) To a motel.
(b) To the police.
(c) To Uncle Al.
(d) To her mother's house.
4. Who performs with Rosie?
5. Who takes Jacob to their tent?
(a) Uncle Al.
(c) Barbara, the cooch girl.
6. Elderly Jacob suffers two disappointments in chapter 19. What is the second?
(a) Rosemary refuses to take him to the circus.
(b) Rosemary is leaving her job to move closer to her mother-in-law.
(c) Rosemary refuses to give him anymore cream with his breakfast.
(d) Rosemary refuses to allow him to use his walker.
7. Where does Jacob wake the next morning?
(a) In the big cat car.
(b) In his own room.
(c) Inside a clown trunk, wearing clown makeup.
(d) In the big top.
8. Why do Jacob and Marlena decide not to run away?
(a) Jacob wants to get Camel to his son first.
(b) Jacob wants to finish his degree first.
(c) Marlena wants to keep her job.
(d) Marlena wants to make amends with August.
9. Where does August invite Jacob to go that night?
(a) To a seminar on animal care.
(b) To a church service.
(c) To a new restaurant.
(d) To a nightclub.
10. Who does Jacob see kill August?
(c) Uncle Al.
11. Which animal is the most popular that day in the menagerie tent?
(a) The horses.
(b) The giraffe.
(c) The llama.
12. Whose safety is Jacob concerned about?
(c) His own
13. What injury had Jacob suffered?
(a) A concussion.
(b) A strained ankle.
(c) A black eye.
(d) A broken wrist.
14. What does Jacob discover about Rosie?
(a) Rosie speaks Latin.
(b) Rosie speaks Spanish.
(c) Rosie speaks Polish.
(d) Rosie speaks Russian.
15. What is August suspicious of?
(a) That Rosie is not intelligent enough to learn a performance.
(b) Jacob and Marlena.
(c) Job cuts by Uncle Al.
(d) Stealing by one of his employees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprise does Marlena arrange for August?
2. Who is having a party in Chapter 10?
3. What does Jacob do that causes Marlena to leave him alone in an alley?
4. Why does August give Marlena a black eye?
5. Who dies?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)