|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Al want Jacob to do?
(a) Uncle Al wants Jacob to force August to leave the circus.
(b) Uncle Al wants Jacob to get August and Marlena back together.
(c) Uncle Al wants Jacob to force Marlena to leave the circus.
(d) Uncle Al wants Jacob to leave the circus.
2. Why does August give Marlena a black eye?
(a) She called him a nasty name.
(b) She hit him first.
(c) She said she was leaving him.
(d) She admitted to having an affair with Jacob.
3. What does Uncle Al want Rosie to do during the show?
(a) Balance on a ball.
(b) March in the Grand Spec.
(c) Allow the clowns to ride her.
(d) Perform a trick with her trunk.
4. Who is Jacob told has become ill?
5. What does Uncle Al reveal about August to Jacob?
(a) August has terminal cancer.
(b) August is an alcoholic.
(c) August is a paranoid schizophrenic.
(d) August is a millionare.
6. Which animal is the most popular that day in the menagerie tent?
(a) The llama.
(b) The horses.
(d) The giraffe.
7. Who does Jacob and Walter decide to approach about caring for Camel?
(a) Camel's cousin.
(b) Camel's estranged son.
(c) Camel's daughter.
(d) Camel's ex-wife.
8. Why does Marlena refuse to leave with Jacob immediately?
(a) She wants to get some money from her stateroom.
(b) She wants to take Rosie too.
(c) She wants to take her horses.
(d) She wants to say goodbye to her friends.
9. Who does Jacob see beating a stampeding Rosie?
(d) Uncle Al.
10. What does Jacob use to pay for the doctor?
(a) His pay from the circus.
(b) Illegal alcohol.
(c) Kinko's pay.
(d) His father's pocket watch.
11. How does learning Rosie's language help August?
(a) Learning commands in her language enables August to train Rosie.
(b) Learning her language makes it possible to control Rosie's theiving habits.
(c) Learning her language helps prove Rosie is stupid.
(d) Learning her language makes it possible for August to care about Rosie.
12. Why is elderly Jacob frightened?
(a) He cannot remember his wife's name.
(b) He has chest pains and is afraid it means a heart attack is coming on.
(c) He forgets where he is.
(d) He calls Rosemary Rosie but cannot remember doing it.
13. Where do Walter and Jacob hide Camel in the meantime?
(a) In the big cat car.
(b) In Marlena's state car.
(c) In their room.
(d) In the cookhouse.
14. How does August react when he finds Jacob and Marlena in his tent?
(a) August is already drunk and ready to drink more.
(b) August is excited about the nice dinner.
(c) August thinks he has walked in on a lover's tryst.
(d) August is angry Marlena has wasted good wine on Jacob.
15. What does Jacob do that causes Marlena to leave him alone in an alley?
(a) Jacob makes fun of Marlena's torn stockings.
(b) Jacob kisses Marlena.
(c) Jacob tells Marlena she should divorce August.
(d) Jacob tells Marlena she should not drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is having a party in Chapter 10?
2. Why is the train raided in Poughkepsie?
3. What is Kinko's real name?
4. Elderly Jacob suffers two disappointments in chapter 19. What is the second?
5. Who is caught stealing lemonade?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)