|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the train raided in Poughkepsie?
(a) To rid it of illegal drugs.
(b) To recover stolen money and property.
(c) To rid it of illegal alcohol.
(d) To search for illegal aliens.
2. Why do Jacob and Marlena decide not to run away?
(a) Marlena wants to make amends with August.
(b) Jacob wants to get Camel to his son first.
(c) Jacob wants to finish his degree first.
(d) Marlena wants to keep her job.
3. Who does Jacob attempt to kill?
(a) Uncle Al.
4. What does Jacob do while in this tent?
(a) Falls asleep in the middle of a meeting.
(b) Drinks all the jake.
(c) Argues with circus policy.
(d) Throws up on Barbara's friend and passes out.
5. Why does Marlena refuse to leave with Jacob immediately?
(a) She wants to get some money from her stateroom.
(b) She wants to take her horses.
(c) She wants to say goodbye to her friends.
(d) She wants to take Rosie too.
6. Who dies?
(d) Lovely Lucinda.
7. Who has a fist fight?
(a) Jacob and Kinko.
(b) Jacob and August.
(c) August and Kinko.
(d) August and Earl.
8. What does Jacob use to pay for the doctor?
(a) Kinko's pay.
(b) His father's pocket watch.
(c) His pay from the circus.
(d) Illegal alcohol.
9. Why did Marlena marry August?
(a) To escape the mundane life her parents had planned for her.
(b) To escape an abusive boyfriend.
(c) To join the circus.
(d) For love.
10. Who is Jacob told has become ill?
11. Why does August give Marlena a black eye?
(a) She admitted to having an affair with Jacob.
(b) She said she was leaving him.
(c) She hit him first.
(d) She called him a nasty name.
12. Where does young Jacob take Marlena the morning after their fights with August?
(a) To a motel.
(b) To Uncle Al.
(c) To the police.
(d) To her mother's house.
13. Which animal is the most popular that day in the menagerie tent?
(a) The horses.
(c) The llama.
(d) The giraffe.
14. What does Marlena injure jumping out of Rosie's way?
(a) Her hands.
(b) Her heels.
(c) Her leg.
(d) Her wrist.
15. What does Rosie do when she sees the exit to the menagerie tent from the big top?
(a) Rosie runs to the menagerie tent.
(b) Rosie stops, refusing to move in any direction.
(c) Rosie tramples a clown.
(d) Rosie runs the opposite direction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jacob discover about Rosie?
2. How does August react when he finds Jacob and Marlena in his tent?
3. Who takes Jacob to their tent?
4. Who arranges for a doctor?
5. What is August suspicious of?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)