|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does August give Marlena a black eye?
(a) She admitted to having an affair with Jacob.
(b) She called him a nasty name.
(c) She hit him first.
(d) She said she was leaving him.
2. Who does Jacob want to see?
(a) Uncle Al.
3. Where does young Jacob take Marlena the morning after their fights with August?
(a) To the police.
(b) To Uncle Al.
(c) To a motel.
(d) To her mother's house.
4. Who becomes drunk at the party in Chapter 10?
(d) Uncle Al.
5. Why is elderly Jacob frightened?
(a) He has chest pains and is afraid it means a heart attack is coming on.
(b) He forgets where he is.
(c) He calls Rosemary Rosie but cannot remember doing it.
(d) He cannot remember his wife's name.
6. What does Rosie do when she sees the exit to the menagerie tent from the big top?
(a) Rosie stops, refusing to move in any direction.
(b) Rosie tramples a clown.
(c) Rosie runs to the menagerie tent.
(d) Rosie runs the opposite direction.
7. Who does Jacob and Walter decide to approach about caring for Camel?
(a) Camel's cousin.
(b) Camel's ex-wife.
(c) Camel's daughter.
(d) Camel's estranged son.
8. Who is Jacob told has become ill?
9. Who has a fist fight?
(a) Jacob and Kinko.
(b) Jacob and August.
(c) August and Kinko.
(d) August and Earl.
10. Why did Marlena marry August?
(a) To escape an abusive boyfriend.
(b) To escape the mundane life her parents had planned for her.
(c) For love.
(d) To join the circus.
11. What does Jacob do that causes Marlena to leave him alone in an alley?
(a) Jacob tells Marlena she should not drink.
(b) Jacob makes fun of Marlena's torn stockings.
(c) Jacob tells Marlena she should divorce August.
(d) Jacob kisses Marlena.
12. How do Marlena and Jacob get separated from August?
(a) They go to different seminar classes.
(b) The restaurant is so crowded, the lose eachother in the crowd.
(c) The police raid the nightclub.
(d) They get lost on the way to the church.
13. What does Jacob do while in this tent?
(a) Throws up on Barbara's friend and passes out.
(b) Argues with circus policy.
(c) Falls asleep in the middle of a meeting.
(d) Drinks all the jake.
14. What does Marlena injure jumping out of Rosie's way?
(a) Her hands.
(b) Her leg.
(c) Her wrist.
(d) Her heels.
15. What has Uncle Al failed to buy for his new workers?
(c) Sleeping cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jacob agree to sit at his old table?
2. What is August suspicious of?
3. What is Kinko's real name?
4. Who dies?
5. Who breaks up the fight?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)