|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jacob see beating a stampeding Rosie?
(a) Uncle Al.
2. Who does Jacob attempt to kill?
(b) Uncle Al.
3. Which animal is the most popular that day in the menagerie tent?
(a) The horses.
(b) The llama.
(d) The giraffe.
4. Where does young Jacob take Marlena the morning after their fights with August?
(a) To Uncle Al.
(b) To a motel.
(c) To her mother's house.
(d) To the police.
5. What has caused this illness?
(a) Spoiled food.
(b) A virus spreading through the city.
(c) Tainted jake.
(d) An infection from a prior injury.
6. What does Uncle Al want Rosie to do during the show?
(a) Allow the clowns to ride her.
(b) March in the Grand Spec.
(c) Perform a trick with her trunk.
(d) Balance on a ball.
7. How do Marlena and Jacob get separated from August?
(a) They get lost on the way to the church.
(b) They go to different seminar classes.
(c) The restaurant is so crowded, the lose eachother in the crowd.
(d) The police raid the nightclub.
8. Elderly Jacob suffers two disappointments in chapter 19. What is the second?
(a) Rosemary is leaving her job to move closer to her mother-in-law.
(b) Rosemary refuses to take him to the circus.
(c) Rosemary refuses to give him anymore cream with his breakfast.
(d) Rosemary refuses to allow him to use his walker.
9. How does Jacob convince Uncle Al to allow Marlena to return without returning to August?
(a) Jacob convinces Uncle Al that Marlena is too distracting for August.
(b) Jacob convinces Uncle Al that August is dangerous for Marlena.
(c) Jacob convinces Uncle Al August no longer loves Marlena.
(d) Jacob convinces distance will make Marlena and August's relationship better.
10. How does August react when he finds Jacob and Marlena in his tent?
(a) August is excited about the nice dinner.
(b) August is angry Marlena has wasted good wine on Jacob.
(c) August thinks he has walked in on a lover's tryst.
(d) August is already drunk and ready to drink more.
11. What does Jacob discover when he returns to his room?
(a) Walter and Camel have been redlighted.
(b) Uncle Al has been murdered.
(c) Marlena has been redlighted.
(d) August has been murdered by someone else.
12. What does Jacob discover about Rosie?
(a) Rosie speaks Latin.
(b) Rosie speaks Polish.
(c) Rosie speaks Spanish.
(d) Rosie speaks Russian.
13. What injury had Jacob suffered?
(a) A black eye.
(b) A broken wrist.
(c) A concussion.
(d) A strained ankle.
14. Why can Jacob not sit with Kinko at breakfast?
(a) It goes against circus ettiquette.
(b) Kinko's table is overcrowded already.
(c) Jacob is not liked by Kinko's other friends.
(d) Uncle Al does not allow the clowns to socialize with other workers.
15. Why does August give Marlena a black eye?
(a) She called him a nasty name.
(b) She admitted to having an affair with Jacob.
(c) She hit him first.
(d) She said she was leaving him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Jacob to their tent?
2. What does Jacob do while in this tent?
3. Why is elderly Jacob frightened?
4. Why does Jacob agree to sit at his old table?
5. What gift does August offer Jacob for his help with Rosie?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)