|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes drunk at the party in Chapter 10?
(d) Uncle Al.
2. Whose safety is Jacob concerned about?
(c) His own
3. Who is Jacob told has become ill?
4. What does Jacob discover when he returns to his room?
(a) August has been murdered by someone else.
(b) Marlena has been redlighted.
(c) Uncle Al has been murdered.
(d) Walter and Camel have been redlighted.
5. What does Jacob do while in this tent?
(a) Throws up on Barbara's friend and passes out.
(b) Falls asleep in the middle of a meeting.
(c) Drinks all the jake.
(d) Argues with circus policy.
6. What does Uncle Al want Rosie to do?
(a) Perform an act with Marlena.
(b) Entertain the small children coming to the show.
(c) Dance to an Irish jig.
(d) Participate in a parade through town.
7. What has Uncle Al failed to buy for his new workers?
(c) Sleeping cars.
8. How does Uncle Al use this death to increase ticket sales?
(a) He throws a funeral parade.
(b) He does multiple interviews about the sadness of the situation.
(c) He offers free souvenirs in her name.
(d) He makes her body an exhibit with the side show.
9. Who does Jacob attempt to kill?
(c) Uncle Al.
10. Why can Jacob not sit with Kinko at breakfast?
(a) It goes against circus ettiquette.
(b) Kinko's table is overcrowded already.
(c) Uncle Al does not allow the clowns to socialize with other workers.
(d) Jacob is not liked by Kinko's other friends.
11. Who does Jacob want to see?
(a) Uncle Al.
12. Which animal is the most popular that day in the menagerie tent?
(a) The llama.
(b) The giraffe.
(c) The horses.
13. Who takes Jacob to their tent?
(a) Barbara, the cooch girl.
(d) Uncle Al.
14. Who is caught stealing lemonade?
(c) The workmen.
15. Who does Jacob and Walter decide to approach about caring for Camel?
(a) Camel's cousin.
(b) Camel's estranged son.
(c) Camel's ex-wife.
(d) Camel's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does young Jacob take Marlena the morning after their fights with August?
2. Why do Jacob and Marlena decide not to run away?
3. How does Jacob convince Uncle Al to allow Marlena to return without returning to August?
4. What surprise does Marlena arrange for August?
5. What does a nurse refuse to bring elderly Jacob in Chapter 13?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)