|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the train raided in Poughkepsie?
(a) To rid it of illegal drugs.
(b) To search for illegal aliens.
(c) To recover stolen money and property.
(d) To rid it of illegal alcohol.
2. Who does Jacob want to see?
(a) Uncle Al.
3. What does August want Jacob to tell him?
(a) Where Marlena is.
(b) What Uncle Al said.
(c) Where Camel is hiding.
(d) That he will quit the circus.
4. What injury had Jacob suffered?
(a) A broken wrist.
(b) A black eye.
(c) A concussion.
(d) A strained ankle.
5. What does Uncle Al reveal about August to Jacob?
(a) August is a paranoid schizophrenic.
(b) August is an alcoholic.
(c) August has terminal cancer.
(d) August is a millionare.
6. What gift does August offer Jacob for his help with Rosie?
(a) A new job.
(b) A raise.
(c) A new watch.
(d) A gold ring.
7. What has caused this illness?
(a) Tainted jake.
(b) An infection from a prior injury.
(c) A virus spreading through the city.
(d) Spoiled food.
8. Who is having a party in Chapter 10?
(d) Uncle Al.
9. Where do Walter and Jacob hide Camel in the meantime?
(a) In Marlena's state car.
(b) In the big cat car.
(c) In their room.
(d) In the cookhouse.
10. How does Uncle Al use this death to increase ticket sales?
(a) He offers free souvenirs in her name.
(b) He does multiple interviews about the sadness of the situation.
(c) He throws a funeral parade.
(d) He makes her body an exhibit with the side show.
11. Who does Jacob attempt to kill?
(d) Uncle Al.
12. What does Jacob use to pay for the doctor?
(a) Illegal alcohol.
(b) Kinko's pay.
(c) His father's pocket watch.
(d) His pay from the circus.
13. What does Jacob discover when he returns to his room?
(a) Marlena has been redlighted.
(b) Walter and Camel have been redlighted.
(c) Uncle Al has been murdered.
(d) August has been murdered by someone else.
14. Who breaks up the fight?
(d) A couple of workmen.
15. What secret does Marlena tell Jacob?
(a) She is filing for divorce.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is leaving the circus.
(d) She is going back to August.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animal is the most popular that day in the menagerie tent?
2. What does Uncle Al want Jacob to do?
3. How does learning Rosie's language help August?
4. Who becomes drunk at the party in Chapter 10?
5. Who performs with Rosie?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)