|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marlena refuse to leave with Jacob immediately?
(a) She wants to take her horses.
(b) She wants to get some money from her stateroom.
(c) She wants to say goodbye to her friends.
(d) She wants to take Rosie too.
2. Who breaks up the fight?
(a) A couple of workmen.
3. Who takes Jacob to their tent?
(c) Barbara, the cooch girl.
(d) Uncle Al.
4. Where do Walter and Jacob hide Camel in the meantime?
(a) In Marlena's state car.
(b) In the cookhouse.
(c) In their room.
(d) In the big cat car.
5. Who dies?
(c) Lovely Lucinda.
6. Why do Jacob and Marlena decide not to run away?
(a) Jacob wants to get Camel to his son first.
(b) Marlena wants to keep her job.
(c) Marlena wants to make amends with August.
(d) Jacob wants to finish his degree first.
7. What does a nurse refuse to bring elderly Jacob in Chapter 13?
(a) His walker.
(b) His medications.
(d) A drink.
8. Who arranges for a doctor?
(c) Uncle Al.
9. Who performs with Rosie?
10. Who is Jacob told has become ill?
11. What does Jacob use to pay for the doctor?
(a) Kinko's pay.
(b) Illegal alcohol.
(c) His pay from the circus.
(d) His father's pocket watch.
12. What does Jacob do that causes Marlena to leave him alone in an alley?
(a) Jacob makes fun of Marlena's torn stockings.
(b) Jacob tells Marlena she should divorce August.
(c) Jacob tells Marlena she should not drink.
(d) Jacob kisses Marlena.
13. What gift does August offer Jacob for his help with Rosie?
(a) A new job.
(b) A gold ring.
(c) A new watch.
(d) A raise.
14. Why is elderly Jacob frightened?
(a) He has chest pains and is afraid it means a heart attack is coming on.
(b) He cannot remember his wife's name.
(c) He forgets where he is.
(d) He calls Rosemary Rosie but cannot remember doing it.
15. What does Jacob do while in this tent?
(a) Throws up on Barbara's friend and passes out.
(b) Falls asleep in the middle of a meeting.
(c) Argues with circus policy.
(d) Drinks all the jake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jacob want to see?
2. What has caused this illness?
3. Where does August invite Jacob to go that night?
4. What does Uncle Al reveal about August to Jacob?
5. Where does Jacob wake the next morning?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)