|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Walter and Jacob hide Camel in the meantime?
(a) In the cookhouse.
(b) In Marlena's state car.
(c) In their room.
(d) In the big cat car.
2. Who performs with Rosie?
3. What does Jacob do that causes Marlena to leave him alone in an alley?
(a) Jacob tells Marlena she should divorce August.
(b) Jacob kisses Marlena.
(c) Jacob makes fun of Marlena's torn stockings.
(d) Jacob tells Marlena she should not drink.
4. What is redlighted?
(a) When a person is thrown from a train against his will.
(b) When a person is fired from the circus.
(c) When a person is caught with illegal liquor.
(d) When a person is injured in the big top.
5. Who has a fist fight?
(a) August and Kinko.
(b) Jacob and Kinko.
(c) Jacob and August.
(d) August and Earl.
6. What does Jacob do while in this tent?
(a) Throws up on Barbara's friend and passes out.
(b) Argues with circus policy.
(c) Drinks all the jake.
(d) Falls asleep in the middle of a meeting.
7. How does August react when he finds Jacob and Marlena in his tent?
(a) August is excited about the nice dinner.
(b) August thinks he has walked in on a lover's tryst.
(c) August is angry Marlena has wasted good wine on Jacob.
(d) August is already drunk and ready to drink more.
8. Who does Jacob want to see?
(d) Uncle Al.
9. What does Marlena injure jumping out of Rosie's way?
(a) Her wrist.
(b) Her heels.
(c) Her leg.
(d) Her hands.
10. Who takes Jacob to their tent?
(a) Uncle Al.
(c) Barbara, the cooch girl.
11. Who is Jacob told has become ill?
12. What has Uncle Al failed to buy for his new workers?
(c) Sleeping cars.
13. Who does Jacob see beating a stampeding Rosie?
(d) Uncle Al.
14. Who breaks up the fight?
(b) A couple of workmen.
15. Elderly Jacob suffers two disappointments in chapter 19. What is the second?
(a) Rosemary refuses to take him to the circus.
(b) Rosemary refuses to allow him to use his walker.
(c) Rosemary refuses to give him anymore cream with his breakfast.
(d) Rosemary is leaving her job to move closer to her mother-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arranges for a doctor?
2. Who is having a party in Chapter 10?
3. What does Uncle Al want Rosie to do during the show?
4. What does August want Jacob to tell him?
5. How does Uncle Al use this death to increase ticket sales?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)