|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jacob told has become ill?
2. What injury had Jacob suffered?
(a) A strained ankle.
(b) A black eye.
(c) A concussion.
(d) A broken wrist.
3. Elderly Jacob suffers two disappointments in chapter 19. What is the second?
(a) Rosemary is leaving her job to move closer to her mother-in-law.
(b) Rosemary refuses to give him anymore cream with his breakfast.
(c) Rosemary refuses to take him to the circus.
(d) Rosemary refuses to allow him to use his walker.
4. How do Marlena and Jacob get separated from August?
(a) They go to different seminar classes.
(b) The restaurant is so crowded, the lose eachother in the crowd.
(c) The police raid the nightclub.
(d) They get lost on the way to the church.
5. Where does young Jacob take Marlena the morning after their fights with August?
(a) To the police.
(b) To Uncle Al.
(c) To a motel.
(d) To her mother's house.
6. What does Jacob do while in this tent?
(a) Drinks all the jake.
(b) Falls asleep in the middle of a meeting.
(c) Throws up on Barbara's friend and passes out.
(d) Argues with circus policy.
7. Who does Jacob want to see?
(d) Uncle Al.
8. Why do Jacob and Marlena decide not to run away?
(a) Jacob wants to finish his degree first.
(b) Jacob wants to get Camel to his son first.
(c) Marlena wants to keep her job.
(d) Marlena wants to make amends with August.
9. What secret does Marlena tell Jacob?
(a) She is going back to August.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is filing for divorce.
(d) She is leaving the circus.
10. Why can Jacob not sit with Kinko at breakfast?
(a) Uncle Al does not allow the clowns to socialize with other workers.
(b) It goes against circus ettiquette.
(c) Jacob is not liked by Kinko's other friends.
(d) Kinko's table is overcrowded already.
11. Which animal is the most popular that day in the menagerie tent?
(b) The horses.
(c) The llama.
(d) The giraffe.
12. How does learning Rosie's language help August?
(a) Learning her language makes it possible to control Rosie's theiving habits.
(b) Learning commands in her language enables August to train Rosie.
(c) Learning her language makes it possible for August to care about Rosie.
(d) Learning her language helps prove Rosie is stupid.
13. What does Jacob discover about Rosie?
(a) Rosie speaks Russian.
(b) Rosie speaks Spanish.
(c) Rosie speaks Latin.
(d) Rosie speaks Polish.
14. What does Jacob beg Marlena not to do?
(a) Perform with the horses that night.
(b) Perform with the clowns that night.
(c) Perform with Rosie that night.
(d) Perform with the zebras that night.
15. Why does August give Marlena a black eye?
(a) She hit him first.
(b) She admitted to having an affair with Jacob.
(c) She called him a nasty name.
(d) She said she was leaving him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does August invite Jacob to go that night?
2. What does Marlena injure jumping out of Rosie's way?
3. What does Uncle Al want Rosie to do?
4. What has caused this illness?
5. What does Uncle Al want Jacob to do?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)