|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jacob agree to sit at his old table?
(a) Jacob wants to fight and he figures the new resident would make a good target.
(b) Jacob wants to make peace with everyone so the doctor will stop insisting he take his new medication.
(c) Jacob wants to be near the ladies.
(d) Jacob wants to make Rosemary happy.
2. What has Uncle Al failed to buy for his new workers?
(a) Sleeping cars.
3. What does Rosie do when she sees the exit to the menagerie tent from the big top?
(a) Rosie runs to the menagerie tent.
(b) Rosie tramples a clown.
(c) Rosie runs the opposite direction.
(d) Rosie stops, refusing to move in any direction.
4. Who is caught stealing lemonade?
(d) The workmen.
5. What gift does August offer Jacob for his help with Rosie?
(a) A new job.
(b) A new watch.
(c) A gold ring.
(d) A raise.
6. Why did Marlena marry August?
(a) To escape an abusive boyfriend.
(b) For love.
(c) To join the circus.
(d) To escape the mundane life her parents had planned for her.
7. Where do Walter and Jacob hide Camel in the meantime?
(a) In their room.
(b) In the big cat car.
(c) In Marlena's state car.
(d) In the cookhouse.
8. What does a nurse refuse to bring elderly Jacob in Chapter 13?
(a) His medications.
(b) His walker.
(c) A drink.
9. How does Uncle Al use this death to increase ticket sales?
(a) He makes her body an exhibit with the side show.
(b) He throws a funeral parade.
(c) He offers free souvenirs in her name.
(d) He does multiple interviews about the sadness of the situation.
10. What does Jacob discover about Rosie?
(a) Rosie speaks Polish.
(b) Rosie speaks Spanish.
(c) Rosie speaks Russian.
(d) Rosie speaks Latin.
11. What injury had Jacob suffered?
(a) A black eye.
(b) A concussion.
(c) A broken wrist.
(d) A strained ankle.
12. What does August want Jacob to tell him?
(a) Where Camel is hiding.
(b) That he will quit the circus.
(c) What Uncle Al said.
(d) Where Marlena is.
13. What has caused this illness?
(a) An infection from a prior injury.
(b) Spoiled food.
(c) Tainted jake.
(d) A virus spreading through the city.
14. Who does Jacob and Walter decide to approach about caring for Camel?
(a) Camel's estranged son.
(b) Camel's ex-wife.
(c) Camel's cousin.
(d) Camel's daughter.
15. What is August suspicious of?
(a) Stealing by one of his employees.
(b) Job cuts by Uncle Al.
(c) Jacob and Marlena.
(d) That Rosie is not intelligent enough to learn a performance.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does learning Rosie's language help August?
2. Where does young Jacob take Marlena the morning after their fights with August?
3. Who does Jacob see kill August?
4. Who becomes drunk at the party in Chapter 10?
5. What does Uncle Al want Rosie to do?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)