|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marlena injure jumping out of Rosie's way?
(a) Her wrist.
(b) Her leg.
(c) Her heels.
(d) Her hands.
2. Who takes Jacob to their tent?
(c) Barbara, the cooch girl.
(d) Uncle Al.
3. What has Uncle Al failed to buy for his new workers?
(b) Sleeping cars.
4. What surprise does Marlena arrange for August?
(a) A new costume.
(b) Dinner with her, Jacob, and Rosie.
(c) A gift of a new gold ring.
(d) A new horse.
5. Where does young Jacob take Marlena the morning after their fights with August?
(a) To a motel.
(b) To her mother's house.
(c) To the police.
(d) To Uncle Al.
6. Who is Jacob told has become ill?
7. Where does August invite Jacob to go that night?
(a) To a church service.
(b) To a nightclub.
(c) To a seminar on animal care.
(d) To a new restaurant.
8. How does August react when he finds Jacob and Marlena in his tent?
(a) August thinks he has walked in on a lover's tryst.
(b) August is angry Marlena has wasted good wine on Jacob.
(c) August is excited about the nice dinner.
(d) August is already drunk and ready to drink more.
9. Whose safety is Jacob concerned about?
(b) His own
10. Who dies?
(a) Lovely Lucinda.
11. What does Jacob discover when he returns to his room?
(a) Marlena has been redlighted.
(b) Uncle Al has been murdered.
(c) August has been murdered by someone else.
(d) Walter and Camel have been redlighted.
12. What does August want Jacob to tell him?
(a) Where Marlena is.
(b) That he will quit the circus.
(c) Where Camel is hiding.
(d) What Uncle Al said.
13. Who is having a party in Chapter 10?
(a) Uncle Al.
14. Where does Jacob wake the next morning?
(a) In his own room.
(b) In the big top.
(c) Inside a clown trunk, wearing clown makeup.
(d) In the big cat car.
15. Which animal is the most popular that day in the menagerie tent?
(a) The horses.
(c) The llama.
(d) The giraffe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Elderly Jacob suffers two disappointments in chapter 19. What is the first?
2. Why does Marlena refuse to leave with Jacob immediately?
3. What does Jacob use to pay for the doctor?
4. Who does Jacob see beating a stampeding Rosie?
5. Why do Jacob and Marlena decide not to run away?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)