|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has a fist fight?
(a) August and Kinko.
(b) Jacob and August.
(c) Jacob and Kinko.
(d) August and Earl.
2. Where does August invite Jacob to go that night?
(a) To a seminar on animal care.
(b) To a nightclub.
(c) To a new restaurant.
(d) To a church service.
3. What does Jacob do while in this tent?
(a) Falls asleep in the middle of a meeting.
(b) Argues with circus policy.
(c) Drinks all the jake.
(d) Throws up on Barbara's friend and passes out.
4. Why does Jacob agree to sit at his old table?
(a) Jacob wants to be near the ladies.
(b) Jacob wants to make peace with everyone so the doctor will stop insisting he take his new medication.
(c) Jacob wants to fight and he figures the new resident would make a good target.
(d) Jacob wants to make Rosemary happy.
5. Why is elderly Jacob frightened?
(a) He calls Rosemary Rosie but cannot remember doing it.
(b) He cannot remember his wife's name.
(c) He forgets where he is.
(d) He has chest pains and is afraid it means a heart attack is coming on.
6. What does Jacob use to pay for the doctor?
(a) Illegal alcohol.
(b) Kinko's pay.
(c) His pay from the circus.
(d) His father's pocket watch.
7. How does learning Rosie's language help August?
(a) Learning her language makes it possible for August to care about Rosie.
(b) Learning her language makes it possible to control Rosie's theiving habits.
(c) Learning her language helps prove Rosie is stupid.
(d) Learning commands in her language enables August to train Rosie.
8. Who becomes drunk at the party in Chapter 10?
(d) Uncle Al.
9. Which animal is the most popular that day in the menagerie tent?
(b) The horses.
(c) The giraffe.
(d) The llama.
10. Who is caught stealing lemonade?
(b) The workmen.
11. What surprise does Marlena arrange for August?
(a) A gift of a new gold ring.
(b) A new horse.
(c) Dinner with her, Jacob, and Rosie.
(d) A new costume.
12. How does Jacob convince Uncle Al to allow Marlena to return without returning to August?
(a) Jacob convinces Uncle Al that Marlena is too distracting for August.
(b) Jacob convinces distance will make Marlena and August's relationship better.
(c) Jacob convinces Uncle Al that August is dangerous for Marlena.
(d) Jacob convinces Uncle Al August no longer loves Marlena.
13. What secret does Marlena tell Jacob?
(a) She is filing for divorce.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is going back to August.
(d) She is leaving the circus.
14. Where does Jacob wake the next morning?
(a) In his own room.
(b) Inside a clown trunk, wearing clown makeup.
(c) In the big top.
(d) In the big cat car.
15. What does Uncle Al want Rosie to do?
(a) Perform an act with Marlena.
(b) Participate in a parade through town.
(c) Entertain the small children coming to the show.
(d) Dance to an Irish jig.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marlena injure jumping out of Rosie's way?
2. Who arranges for a doctor?
3. Why does August give Marlena a black eye?
4. Who does Jacob and Walter decide to approach about caring for Camel?
5. What gift does August offer Jacob for his help with Rosie?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)