|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arranges for a doctor?
(c) Uncle Al.
2. Elderly Jacob suffers two disappointments in chapter 19. What is the second?
(a) Rosemary is leaving her job to move closer to her mother-in-law.
(b) Rosemary refuses to allow him to use his walker.
(c) Rosemary refuses to give him anymore cream with his breakfast.
(d) Rosemary refuses to take him to the circus.
3. What does Marlena injure jumping out of Rosie's way?
(a) Her wrist.
(b) Her leg.
(c) Her hands.
(d) Her heels.
4. Who dies?
(d) Lovely Lucinda.
5. What does Uncle Al reveal about August to Jacob?
(a) August has terminal cancer.
(b) August is a millionare.
(c) August is a paranoid schizophrenic.
(d) August is an alcoholic.
6. Which animal is the most popular that day in the menagerie tent?
(b) The llama.
(c) The horses.
(d) The giraffe.
7. What has caused this illness?
(a) Spoiled food.
(b) A virus spreading through the city.
(c) Tainted jake.
(d) An infection from a prior injury.
8. What secret does Marlena tell Jacob?
(a) She is filing for divorce.
(b) She is going back to August.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is leaving the circus.
9. What does a nurse refuse to bring elderly Jacob in Chapter 13?
(b) His medications.
(c) A drink.
(d) His walker.
10. Who becomes drunk at the party in Chapter 10?
(a) Uncle Al.
11. What does August want Jacob to tell him?
(a) Where Camel is hiding.
(b) Where Marlena is.
(c) That he will quit the circus.
(d) What Uncle Al said.
12. Why can Jacob not sit with Kinko at breakfast?
(a) It goes against circus ettiquette.
(b) Uncle Al does not allow the clowns to socialize with other workers.
(c) Kinko's table is overcrowded already.
(d) Jacob is not liked by Kinko's other friends.
13. What does Jacob do that causes Marlena to leave him alone in an alley?
(a) Jacob makes fun of Marlena's torn stockings.
(b) Jacob tells Marlena she should divorce August.
(c) Jacob kisses Marlena.
(d) Jacob tells Marlena she should not drink.
14. What does Rosie do when she sees the exit to the menagerie tent from the big top?
(a) Rosie runs to the menagerie tent.
(b) Rosie runs the opposite direction.
(c) Rosie tramples a clown.
(d) Rosie stops, refusing to move in any direction.
15. Who has a fist fight?
(a) Jacob and Kinko.
(b) Jacob and August.
(c) August and Kinko.
(d) August and Earl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jacob and Walter decide to approach about caring for Camel?
2. What is August suspicious of?
3. How does Jacob convince Uncle Al to allow Marlena to return without returning to August?
4. Who does Jacob attempt to kill?
5. What has Uncle Al failed to buy for his new workers?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)