|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Walter and Jacob hide Camel in the meantime?
(a) In their room.
(b) In the big cat car.
(c) In the cookhouse.
(d) In Marlena's state car.
2. What does Marlena injure jumping out of Rosie's way?
(a) Her wrist.
(b) Her leg.
(c) Her heels.
(d) Her hands.
3. What does Uncle Al want Rosie to do during the show?
(a) March in the Grand Spec.
(b) Perform a trick with her trunk.
(c) Balance on a ball.
(d) Allow the clowns to ride her.
4. Who does Jacob see beating a stampeding Rosie?
(d) Uncle Al.
5. What does August want Jacob to tell him?
(a) That he will quit the circus.
(b) What Uncle Al said.
(c) Where Camel is hiding.
(d) Where Marlena is.
6. What does a nurse refuse to bring elderly Jacob in Chapter 13?
(a) His medications.
(c) His walker.
(d) A drink.
7. What secret does Marlena tell Jacob?
(a) She is going back to August.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is filing for divorce.
(d) She is leaving the circus.
8. Where does Jacob wake the next morning?
(a) In his own room.
(b) Inside a clown trunk, wearing clown makeup.
(c) In the big cat car.
(d) In the big top.
9. What is August suspicious of?
(a) Stealing by one of his employees.
(b) Job cuts by Uncle Al.
(c) Jacob and Marlena.
(d) That Rosie is not intelligent enough to learn a performance.
10. Which animal is the most popular that day in the menagerie tent?
(a) The llama.
(b) The horses.
(d) The giraffe.
11. Why does Marlena refuse to leave with Jacob immediately?
(a) She wants to get some money from her stateroom.
(b) She wants to take Rosie too.
(c) She wants to say goodbye to her friends.
(d) She wants to take her horses.
12. Why is elderly Jacob frightened?
(a) He cannot remember his wife's name.
(b) He has chest pains and is afraid it means a heart attack is coming on.
(c) He forgets where he is.
(d) He calls Rosemary Rosie but cannot remember doing it.
13. What does Jacob discover about Rosie?
(a) Rosie speaks Spanish.
(b) Rosie speaks Russian.
(c) Rosie speaks Latin.
(d) Rosie speaks Polish.
14. Why is the train raided in Poughkepsie?
(a) To search for illegal aliens.
(b) To rid it of illegal alcohol.
(c) To rid it of illegal drugs.
(d) To recover stolen money and property.
15. What does Jacob beg Marlena not to do?
(a) Perform with the zebras that night.
(b) Perform with Rosie that night.
(c) Perform with the horses that night.
(d) Perform with the clowns that night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is caught stealing lemonade?
2. What gift does August offer Jacob for his help with Rosie?
3. Where does young Jacob take Marlena the morning after their fights with August?
4. What does Jacob discover when he returns to his room?
5. Where does August invite Jacob to go that night?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)