Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is August suspicious of?
(a) Jacob and Marlena.
(b) Job cuts by Uncle Al.
(c) Stealing by one of his employees.
(d) That Rosie is not intelligent enough to learn a performance.
2. Who is Jacob told has become ill?
3. What does Marlena injure jumping out of Rosie's way?
(a) Her wrist.
(b) Her heels.
(c) Her leg.
(d) Her hands.
4. Whose safety is Jacob concerned about?
(d) His own
5. Who is having a party in Chapter 10?
(c) Uncle Al.
6. How does August react when he finds Jacob and Marlena in his tent?
(a) August is excited about the nice dinner.
(b) August is already drunk and ready to drink more.
(c) August is angry Marlena has wasted good wine on Jacob.
(d) August thinks he has walked in on a lover's tryst.
7. What compromise does August come up with for Rosie?
(a) Rosie is to be put on display in the menagerie tent.
(b) Rosie rides in the parade on a hippo wagon.
(c) Rosie is to perform with another performer.
(d) Rosie is to dance to another type of song.
8. What does Jacob do that causes Marlena to leave him alone in an alley?
(a) Jacob kisses Marlena.
(b) Jacob tells Marlena she should divorce August.
(c) Jacob tells Marlena she should not drink.
(d) Jacob makes fun of Marlena's torn stockings.
9. Who is caught stealing lemonade?
(c) The workmen.
10. Where does young Jacob take Marlena the morning after their fights with August?
(a) To Uncle Al.
(b) To a motel.
(c) To her mother's house.
(d) To the police.
11. Elderly Jacob suffers two disappointments in chapter 19. What is the first?
(a) His grandson decides he does not have time to visit.
(b) His son forgets it is his day to visit.
(c) His great-granddaughter does not want to go to the circus.
(d) His wife is unable to visit.
12. What gift does August offer Jacob for his help with Rosie?
(a) A new job.
(b) A raise.
(c) A new watch.
(d) A gold ring.
13. Where do Walter and Jacob hide Camel in the meantime?
(a) In the big cat car.
(b) In Marlena's state car.
(c) In their room.
(d) In the cookhouse.
14. Why does August give Marlena a black eye?
(a) She hit him first.
(b) She admitted to having an affair with Jacob.
(c) She said she was leaving him.
(d) She called him a nasty name.
15. Why is elderly Jacob frightened?
(a) He calls Rosemary Rosie but cannot remember doing it.
(b) He cannot remember his wife's name.
(c) He has chest pains and is afraid it means a heart attack is coming on.
(d) He forgets where he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a nurse refuse to bring elderly Jacob in Chapter 13?
2. Who does Jacob see kill August?
3. How does Uncle Al use this death to increase ticket sales?
4. Where does August invite Jacob to go that night?
5. Who becomes drunk at the party in Chapter 10?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)