|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kinko's real name?
2. Who breaks up the fight?
(b) A couple of workmen.
3. What secret does Marlena tell Jacob?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is filing for divorce.
(c) She is leaving the circus.
(d) She is going back to August.
4. What does Jacob discover when he returns to his room?
(a) Uncle Al has been murdered.
(b) August has been murdered by someone else.
(c) Marlena has been redlighted.
(d) Walter and Camel have been redlighted.
5. Where does young Jacob take Marlena the morning after their fights with August?
(a) To the police.
(b) To Uncle Al.
(c) To her mother's house.
(d) To a motel.
6. What does Uncle Al want Rosie to do during the show?
(a) March in the Grand Spec.
(b) Perform a trick with her trunk.
(c) Balance on a ball.
(d) Allow the clowns to ride her.
7. Where does Jacob wake the next morning?
(a) Inside a clown trunk, wearing clown makeup.
(b) In his own room.
(c) In the big top.
(d) In the big cat car.
8. How does August react when he finds Jacob and Marlena in his tent?
(a) August is already drunk and ready to drink more.
(b) August is angry Marlena has wasted good wine on Jacob.
(c) August thinks he has walked in on a lover's tryst.
(d) August is excited about the nice dinner.
9. Who does Jacob see kill August?
(b) Uncle Al.
10. Who arranges for a doctor?
(a) Uncle Al.
11. What does Jacob do while in this tent?
(a) Argues with circus policy.
(b) Falls asleep in the middle of a meeting.
(c) Drinks all the jake.
(d) Throws up on Barbara's friend and passes out.
12. Who dies?
(d) Lovely Lucinda.
13. Why is the train raided in Poughkepsie?
(a) To recover stolen money and property.
(b) To search for illegal aliens.
(c) To rid it of illegal drugs.
(d) To rid it of illegal alcohol.
14. Who does Jacob want to see?
(c) Uncle Al.
15. Whose safety is Jacob concerned about?
(a) His own
Short Answer Questions
1. Elderly Jacob suffers two disappointments in chapter 19. What is the first?
2. What does a nurse refuse to bring elderly Jacob in Chapter 13?
3. What does Jacob beg Marlena not to do?
4. Why is elderly Jacob frightened?
5. Why does Jacob agree to sit at his old table?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)