|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is to be Jacob's roommate in his new sleeping quarters?
2. What does Jacob complain to the nurse about?
(a) A pain in his chest.
(b) The noise at the other tables.
(c) His mushy food.
(d) The music playing in the background.
3. What did Jacob's father do for a living?
(a) He was a store clerk.
(b) He was a farmer.
(c) He was a doctor.
(d) He was a veterinarian.
4. Why does a customer attack the sideshow barker?
(a) He is unhappy with what he sees in the show.
(b) He is unhappy with the noise the barker makes.
(c) He is unhappy with the price of the shows.
(d) He is unhappy with the barker's comments about his wife.
5. Why does Jacob help Marlena with her horse?
(a) He wants to make a favorable impression on Uncle Al and August.
(b) He is a kind person who will help anyone.
(c) He likes her and does not want her to suffer.
(d) He likes being in control of a situation.
6. How many children does Jacob have?
7. What impresses Jacob about a woman he sees in the menagerie tent in Chapter 3?
(a) She is extremely disfigured.
(b) She is extremely hairy
(c) She is extremely beautiful
(d) She is extremely fat
8. What is Jacob doing just before the stampede begins?
(b) Caring for animals
9. Where does Jacob end up sitting to eat his dinner?
(a) In the game room.
(b) In his room.
(c) At a new table.
(d) At his regular table.
10. What song does Jacob hear being played as the stampede begins?
(a) God Bless the Queen
(b) God Bless America
(c) America the Beautiful
(d) Stars and Stripes Forever
11. Where is Jacob at the beginning of his circus memories?
(a) In the cookhouse of a circus.
(b) In the big top watching a circus.
(c) In the menagerie tent of a circus.
(d) In the train belonging to a circus.
12. Who joins Jacob and his friends at dinner?
(a) A new resident, a retired lawyer.
(b) A new nurse.
(c) A new doctor.
(d) A new resident, a retired actress from Hollywood.
13. What punishment does August give Jacob?
(a) August makes Jacob feed the big cats causing him to be bitten by a toothless lion.
(b) August forces Jacob to muck out the animal stalls.
(c) August forces Jacob to leave the train.
(d) August tells Jacob to polish his boots.
14. What does the doctor prescribe for Jacob after his outburst at dinner?
(a) Time with a counselor.
(b) A pill to help with memory disorders.
(c) An antipsychotic pill.
(d) An antidepressant pill that Jacob does not want.
15. What does Marlena ask Jacob when they meet in Chapter 7?
(a) To help her leave August.
(b) To tell her the truth about her horse.
(c) To protect her from August and Uncle Al.
(d) To tell her the truth about his feelings for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which relatives does Jacob have trouble remembering?
2. What person in Jacob's life has recently died?
3. What does Jacob lament about his current circumstances?
4. Can Jacob heal the horse he examines?
5. Who is Marlena talking to when Jacob finds her?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)