|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job is Jacob given next, after Camel decides his first job with the circus was beneath him?
(a) Cleaning up in the cookhouse.
(b) Security at a cooch show.
(c) Directing customers to the sideshows.
(d) Feeding the big cats.
2. What does Jacob do to help Kinko?
(a) Jacob offers to help care for a sick friend of Kinko's.
(b) Jacob offers to do some of Kinko's work around the circus.
(c) Jacob offers to move to a new room.
(d) Jacob offers a solution to an illness Kinko's dog is suffering.
3. What has made Marlena angry with August in Chapter 9?
(a) August hit Marlena for a percieved hurt.
(b) August fed her horse to the big cats.
(c) August called Marlena an unkind name.
(d) August fired Jacob.
4. What does the doctor prescribe for Jacob after his outburst at dinner?
(a) Time with a counselor.
(b) An antipsychotic pill.
(c) An antidepressant pill that Jacob does not want.
(d) A pill to help with memory disorders.
5. What school does Jacob attend?
(a) Cornell University.
(b) Cambridge University.
(c) Duke University.
(d) Notre Dame University.
6. Why does Jacob take a train home?
(a) Jacob has been kicked out of school for poor grades.
(b) His parents were killed in a car crash.
(c) Jacob has been kicked out of school for disciplinary reasons.
(d) His parents can no longer afford his tuition.
7. What did Jacob's father do for a living?
(a) He was a doctor.
(b) He was a veterinarian.
(c) He was a farmer.
(d) He was a store clerk.
8. What does Jacob promise to do for Marlena in Chapter 7?
(a) Put her horse out of its misery.
(b) To love her always.
(c) Protect her from Uncle Al and August.
(d) Help her leave August.
9. How many children does Jacob have?
10. What does Uncle Al announce to the circus crew and performers?
(a) They are going to be making cutbacks.
(b) They are adding a new act.
(c) They are moving on sooner than expected.
(d) They are going bankrupt.
11. Where does Jacob meet up with Marlena the next morning in Chapter 7?
(a) The menagerie tent.
(b) The horse car.
(c) The cookhouse.
(d) Her private car.
12. How does Rosemary react to Jacob's anger over the blinds?
(a) She calls another nurse to deal with his attitude.
(b) She calls the doctor to increase his medication.
(c) She yells at Jacob for acting so rude.
(d) She leaves and re-enters the room as though she has just arrived.
13. Which relatives does Jacob have trouble remembering?
(a) Everyone but his wife.
(b) Everyone but his grandchildren.
(c) Everyone but his children.
(d) Everyone but his great-grandchildren.
14. What holds Jacob's attention in class in Chapter 2?
(a) The teacher's lecture.
(b) The teacher's assignment.
(c) A beautiful young woman.
(d) A fellow student's magazine.
15. Who does Camel attempt to speak to on Jacob's behalf?
(a) Uncle Al
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the bath water found for Jacob belong to?
2. Who finds bath water for Jacob?
3. What does August have the men store with the camels and zebras?
4. Can Jacob heal the horse he examines?
5. What makes Jacob angry after this person wakes him?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)