|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jacob removed from the dining room?
(a) He argues with the new resident.
(b) He becomes ill.
(c) He is rude to the nurses.
(d) He is finished eating.
2. Who is Marlena, the woman Jacob is looking for in the prologue?
(a) Jacob's sister
(b) Jacob's cousin
(c) Jacob's girlfriend
(d) Jacob's friend
3. Why does elderly Jacob become annoyed when Rosemary wakes him?
(a) Rosemary is rude in her method to wake him.
(b) Rosemary opens the blinds without asking his permission.
(c) Rosemary has awakened him too late.
(d) Rosemary has awakened him too early.
4. What draws Jacob to the window?
(a) A tapping sound on the window.
(b) The sight of something large and red.
(c) A nurse calls him over.
(d) A group of residents gathered at the window.
5. What does the barker do to reward Jacob?
(a) Gives him money.
(b) Gives him a security job on the cooch show.
(c) Gives him a promise of a permanant job.
(d) Gives him a promise of future aid.
6. Why is class interrupted?
(a) There is a problem with the final exam.
(b) One of the students made a rude remark.
(c) A student let a mouse go in class.
(d) There is a message for Jacob.
7. What does this guest claim to have done as a young person?
(a) Carried water for elephants in the circus.
(b) Meet Valentino.
(c) Cared for the performers in a circus.
(d) Worked with Fred Astaire.
8. What does Jacob complain to the nurse about?
(a) The music playing in the background.
(b) His mushy food.
(c) The noise at the other tables.
(d) A pain in his chest.
9. What does Jacob miss about being older?
(a) His independence.
(b) His young appearance.
(c) His health.
(d) His freedom.
10. What problem does this announcement cause for August?
(a) August is forced to give up some of his animals.
(b) August must train a new animal quickly.
(c) August is going to lose half his staff.
(d) August does not have time to procure food for the animals.
11. How does Jacob react to the nurse's response to his complaint?
(a) Jacob argues with the nurse.
(b) Jacob picks a fight with the new resident.
(c) Jacob insists on going to his room.
(d) Jacob knocks his plate onto the floor.
12. Why does Jacob go to Marlena and August's car in Chapter 7?
(a) Jacob wants to apologize to August.
(b) Jacob is to have dinner with Marlena and August.
(c) Jacob wants to give August and Marlena an update on the sick horse.
(d) Jacob wants to see Marlena again.
13. Who does Camel attempt to speak to on Jacob's behalf?
(b) Uncle Al
14. What new animal does Uncle Al buy?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A giraffe.
(c) A lion.
(d) A llama.
15. What does Jacob see for the first time during the cooch show?
(a) A naked man.
(b) A naked woman.
(c) A nursing mother.
(d) A naked midget.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does a customer attack the sideshow barker?
2. What animal appears to be missing from the circus?
3. What does Uncle Al tell Jacob about the possibility of a job with the circus?
4. What does Uncle Al announce to the circus crew and performers?
5. Why does Jacob help the barker?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)