|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the nurse try to seat Jacob at dinner?
(a) His regular table.
(b) In the game room with other male residents.
(c) A new table.
(d) In his room, alone.
2. What impresses Jacob about a woman he sees in the menagerie tent in Chapter 3?
(a) She is extremely hairy
(b) She is extremely disfigured.
(c) She is extremely fat
(d) She is extremely beautiful
3. What holds the attention of many of the assisted-living center's residents in Chapter 5?
(a) A new game in the activity room.
(b) The circus.
(c) A new resident who can dance.
(d) A movie in the activity room.
4. Why does August become annoyed with Marlena over lunch in Chapter 9?
(a) Marlena flirts openly with Jacob.
(b) Marlena feeds one of the displaced workers.
(c) Marlena ignores August's attempts at reconciliation.
(d) Marlena refuses to make changes to her performances that August has recommended.
5. Who is Marlena, the woman Jacob is looking for in the prologue?
(a) Jacob's girlfriend
(b) Jacob's cousin
(c) Jacob's friend
(d) Jacob's sister
6. Who joins Jacob and his friends at dinner?
(a) A new resident, a retired lawyer.
(b) A new nurse.
(c) A new doctor.
(d) A new resident, a retired actress from Hollywood.
7. Why is Jacob removed from the dining room?
(a) He is rude to the nurses.
(b) He is finished eating.
(c) He becomes ill.
(d) He argues with the new resident.
8. What does Jacob recommend be done for the horse?
(a) The horse should be taken to an animal hospital.
(b) The horse should be stalled and taken off its feed.
(c) The horse should be given to a farmer who could stall it properly.
(d) The horse should be treated with special medications.
9. Why does Jacob help the barker?
(a) Its the right thing to do.
(b) It ingratiates him with the circus owner.
(c) It ingratiates him with the workers.
(d) It gets him a better job.
10. What kind of train does Jacob jump?
(a) A circus train.
(b) A passenger train.
(c) A freight train.
(d) A coal train.
11. What has made Marlena angry with August in Chapter 9?
(a) August called Marlena an unkind name.
(b) August hit Marlena for a percieved hurt.
(c) August fed her horse to the big cats.
(d) August fired Jacob.
12. What does Uncle Al order be done with Jacob?
(a) Uncle Al wants Jacob thrown from the train.
(b) Uncle Al wants Jacob handed over to the police.
(c) Uncle Al wants Jacob placed in the animal car.
(d) Uncle Al wants Jacob given a job with the clowns.
13. Why does elderly Jacob become annoyed when Rosemary wakes him?
(a) Rosemary has awakened him too late.
(b) Rosemary opens the blinds without asking his permission.
(c) Rosemary is rude in her method to wake him.
(d) Rosemary has awakened him too early.
14. Why is class interrupted?
(a) A student let a mouse go in class.
(b) There is a message for Jacob.
(c) There is a problem with the final exam.
(d) One of the students made a rude remark.
15. What job is Jacob given next, after Camel decides his first job with the circus was beneath him?
(a) Feeding the big cats.
(b) Directing customers to the sideshows.
(c) Cleaning up in the cookhouse.
(d) Security at a cooch show.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts the class?
2. Who is coming to visit Jacob that day?
3. What is the only thing Jacob is able to take from his parents' home?
4. What does Marlena ask Jacob when they meet in Chapter 7?
5. What is a cooch show in the circus?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)