|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Jacob's new roommate have?
(c) Animal Care
2. Why does Jacob help the barker?
(a) Its the right thing to do.
(b) It gets him a better job.
(c) It ingratiates him with the circus owner.
(d) It ingratiates him with the workers.
3. What does Marlena ask Jacob when they meet in Chapter 7?
(a) To tell her the truth about his feelings for her.
(b) To help her leave August.
(c) To tell her the truth about her horse.
(d) To protect her from August and Uncle Al.
4. What problem does this announcement cause for August?
(a) August is forced to give up some of his animals.
(b) August must train a new animal quickly.
(c) August does not have time to procure food for the animals.
(d) August is going to lose half his staff.
5. Where does the nurse try to seat Jacob at dinner?
(a) A new table.
(b) In the game room with other male residents.
(c) His regular table.
(d) In his room, alone.
6. Where is Jacob at the beginning of his circus memories?
(a) In the cookhouse of a circus.
(b) In the menagerie tent of a circus.
(c) In the big top watching a circus.
(d) In the train belonging to a circus.
7. Who interrupts the class?
(d) The dean of students.
8. Who finds bath water for Jacob?
9. Where does Jacob meet up with Marlena the next morning in Chapter 7?
(a) Her private car.
(b) The horse car.
(c) The cookhouse.
(d) The menagerie tent.
10. What is Jacob's one pleasure at the assisted-living center?
(a) The good food.
(b) The nurses who dote on him.
(c) The time to read his favorite books.
(d) The attention of the female residents.
11. What does Jacob retrieve from the camel and zebra cars?
(a) The barrels of sweet grain.
(b) The barrels of meat.
(c) The barrels of alcohol.
(d) The barrels of valuables.
12. What has Uncle Al pushed the circus to reach?
(a) A city that is selling zoo animals.
(b) A bankrupt circus whose belongings are being auctioned by the city.
(c) A prime location for a performance.
(d) A city that is selling new train cars.
13. What draws Jacob to the window?
(a) A group of residents gathered at the window.
(b) A tapping sound on the window.
(c) The sight of something large and red.
(d) A nurse calls him over.
14. Who comes to Jacob's defense during his conversation with Uncle Al?
15. Who is Marlena, the woman Jacob is looking for in the prologue?
(a) Jacob's girlfriend
(b) Jacob's cousin
(c) Jacob's friend
(d) Jacob's sister
Short Answer Questions
1. What has made Marlena angry with August in Chapter 9?
2. Who is August, the man Marlena is speaking to in the prologue?
3. What does Uncle Al order be done with Jacob?
4. Why does a customer attack the sideshow barker?
5. What does Jacob think about as he watches?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)