Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jacob lament about his current circumstances?
(a) His inability to stay in his wheelchair all day.
(b) His inablity to argue for arguement's sake.
(c) Being old and being treated like a fragile being.
(d) Being too tired to eat an entire meal.
2. What job is Jacob given next, after Camel decides his first job with the circus was beneath him?
(a) Cleaning up in the cookhouse.
(b) Feeding the big cats.
(c) Security at a cooch show.
(d) Directing customers to the sideshows.
3. What is the only thing Jacob is able to take from his parents' home?
(a) His father's car.
(b) His mother's wedding ring.
(c) His father's gold watch.
(d) His mother's cookbook.
4. What problem does this announcement cause for August?
(a) August is forced to give up some of his animals.
(b) August does not have time to procure food for the animals.
(c) August must train a new animal quickly.
(d) August is going to lose half his staff.
5. What song does Jacob hear being played as the stampede begins?
(a) God Bless the Queen
(b) Stars and Stripes Forever
(c) America the Beautiful
(d) God Bless America
6. Can Jacob heal the horse he examines?
(a) Yes, but it will take a special surgery to do it.
(b) No, Jacob knows the injury cannot be healed.
(c) Yes, but the horse will need to be left behind when the circus moves on.
(d) No, Jacob does not have the necessary equipment to heal the horse.
7. What holds Jacob's attention in class in Chapter 2?
(a) The teacher's assignment.
(b) The teacher's lecture.
(c) A fellow student's magazine.
(d) A beautiful young woman.
8. Why does Jacob dislike this guest?
(a) He remembers this person from his own youth.
(b) He dislikes braggarts.
(c) The guest is disrespectful to Jacob.
(d) He knows he is lying and he is jealous of the attention he is getting.
9. Who wakes elderly Jacob in Chapter 5?
(a) The new resident.
(b) His wife.
(c) Rosemary, the nurse.
(d) His son.
10. What does Jacob promise to do for Marlena in Chapter 7?
(a) Put her horse out of its misery.
(b) Protect her from Uncle Al and August.
(c) To love her always.
(d) Help her leave August.
11. Why can Jacob not change his clothes the next morning?
(a) Kinko blocks his access to their room.
(b) The horse needs immediate attention.
(c) Kinko has thrown all of Jacob's clothes away.
(d) Camel needs Jacob's help.
12. Why does young Jacob meet with August in the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Jacob meets with August to get his meal tickets.
(b) Jacob meets with August to discuss his new job duties.
(c) Jacob meets with August in order to check on the sick horse.
(d) Jacom meets with August to thank him for his kindness the night before.
13. What animal is Jacob to examine the following morning?
(a) A giraffe.
(b) A horse.
(c) A llama.
(d) A monkey.
14. What makes Jacob ill in Chapter 7?
(a) The meat has spoiled.
(b) The smell of alcohol is overwhealming after a night of drinking.
(c) The heat irritates his hangover.
(d) The sweet grain smells too sweet.
15. What does the new resident say that upsets Jacob?
(a) That he got to perform at the circus because of his days carrying water for elephants.
(b) That he got an upgrade on his circus ticket because of his days carrying water for elephants.
(c) That he got free popcorn and souvenirs for his days carrying water for elephants.
(d) That he got a free ticket because of his days carrying water for elephants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the menagerie tent?
2. What is Jacob studying at school?
3. What does Jacob think about as he watches?
4. Who joins Jacob and his friends at dinner?
5. Who is Marlena, the woman Jacob is looking for in the prologue?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)