|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which relatives does Jacob have trouble remembering?
(a) Everyone but his great-grandchildren.
(b) Everyone but his grandchildren.
(c) Everyone but his children.
(d) Everyone but his wife.
2. What job is Jacob given next, after Camel decides his first job with the circus was beneath him?
(a) Feeding the big cats.
(b) Security at a cooch show.
(c) Directing customers to the sideshows.
(d) Cleaning up in the cookhouse.
3. What is Jacob doing just before the stampede begins?
(b) Caring for animals
4. What impresses Jacob about a woman he sees in the menagerie tent in Chapter 3?
(a) She is extremely fat
(b) She is extremely beautiful
(c) She is extremely hairy
(d) She is extremely disfigured.
5. Why does Jacob help the barker?
(a) It gets him a better job.
(b) Its the right thing to do.
(c) It ingratiates him with the circus owner.
(d) It ingratiates him with the workers.
6. Who is Marlena, the woman Jacob is looking for in the prologue?
(a) Jacob's girlfriend
(b) Jacob's friend
(c) Jacob's cousin
(d) Jacob's sister
7. Why does Jacob return to school?
(a) He wants to make his parents proud.
(b) He has nowhere else to go.
(c) He wants to make amends for his poor actions of the past.
(d) He wants to be with his friends.
8. What does Jacob lament about his current circumstances?
(a) His inablity to argue for arguement's sake.
(b) Being too tired to eat an entire meal.
(c) His inability to stay in his wheelchair all day.
(d) Being old and being treated like a fragile being.
9. What does Jacob recommend be done for the horse?
(a) The horse should be treated with special medications.
(b) The horse should be taken to an animal hospital.
(c) The horse should be given to a farmer who could stall it properly.
(d) The horse should be stalled and taken off its feed.
10. What punishment does August give Jacob?
(a) August tells Jacob to polish his boots.
(b) August forces Jacob to leave the train.
(c) August forces Jacob to muck out the animal stalls.
(d) August makes Jacob feed the big cats causing him to be bitten by a toothless lion.
11. What kind of train does Jacob jump?
(a) A circus train.
(b) A coal train.
(c) A freight train.
(d) A passenger train.
12. Where is Jacob at the beginning of his circus memories?
(a) In the menagerie tent of a circus.
(b) In the cookhouse of a circus.
(c) In the train belonging to a circus.
(d) In the big top watching a circus.
13. What does Jacob do to irritate August when they stop that night?
(a) Jacob overrides an order August gave the men.
(b) Jacob insults Uncle Al.
(c) Jacob refuses to check on Marlena's sick horse.
(d) Jacob insults Marlena.
14. What animal appears to be missing from the circus?
(a) A yak.
(b) A llama.
(c) An elephant.
(d) A lion.
15. Why does Jacob dislike this guest?
(a) He remembers this person from his own youth.
(b) The guest is disrespectful to Jacob.
(c) He knows he is lying and he is jealous of the attention he is getting.
(d) He dislikes braggarts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does each relative come to see Jacob?
2. Who is to be Jacob's roommate in his new sleeping quarters?
3. Where does Jacob meet up with Marlena the next morning in Chapter 7?
4. Who is August, the man Marlena is speaking to in the prologue?
5. Who is Jacob, the character introduced in the prologue?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)