|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Jacob taken after it is decided he will remain with the circus to examine a sick animal?
(a) To a car split between horses and a small room once used for goats.
(b) To a prison cell.
(c) To Uncle Al's private car.
(d) To the clown car.
2. Why is Jacob removed from the dining room?
(a) He is rude to the nurses.
(b) He argues with the new resident.
(c) He becomes ill.
(d) He is finished eating.
3. What does Uncle Al order be done with Jacob?
(a) Uncle Al wants Jacob given a job with the clowns.
(b) Uncle Al wants Jacob handed over to the police.
(c) Uncle Al wants Jacob placed in the animal car.
(d) Uncle Al wants Jacob thrown from the train.
4. Where does the nurse try to seat Jacob at dinner?
(a) In the game room with other male residents.
(b) In his room, alone.
(c) His regular table.
(d) A new table.
5. What is Jacob's one pleasure at the assisted-living center?
(a) The attention of the female residents.
(b) The time to read his favorite books.
(c) The good food.
(d) The nurses who dote on him.
6. What does Camel tell Jacob he will have to learn to get along?
(a) How to fight.
(c) Circus lingo.
7. What has made Marlena angry with August in Chapter 9?
(a) August fed her horse to the big cats.
(b) August fired Jacob.
(c) August hit Marlena for a percieved hurt.
(d) August called Marlena an unkind name.
8. What has changed between Chapter 1 and Chapter 2?
(a) The setting. Chapter 2 takes place in Jacob's past.
(b) The plot. Chapter 2 introduces a new conflict.
(c) The tone. Chapter 2 begins after a new tragedy in Jacob's life.
(d) The characters. Chapter 2 contains a new main character.
9. Why does young Jacob meet with August in the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Jacob meets with August in order to check on the sick horse.
(b) Jacob meets with August to discuss his new job duties.
(c) Jacom meets with August to thank him for his kindness the night before.
(d) Jacob meets with August to get his meal tickets.
10. Who finds bath water for Jacob?
11. Why does Jacob help the barker?
(a) It ingratiates him with the workers.
(b) It ingratiates him with the circus owner.
(c) It gets him a better job.
(d) Its the right thing to do.
12. What does Jacob recommend be done for the horse?
(a) The horse should be stalled and taken off its feed.
(b) The horse should be taken to an animal hospital.
(c) The horse should be treated with special medications.
(d) The horse should be given to a farmer who could stall it properly.
13. Who is to be Jacob's roommate in his new sleeping quarters?
14. What happens when Marlena and August dance at dinner?
(a) August has some sort of fit.
(b) Marlena becomes ill.
(c) Marlena passes out from too much alcohol.
(d) August passes out from too much alcohol.
15. What impression makes Uncle Al think Jacob is not serious about a job with the circus? Who does Uncle Al think Jacob is?
(a) A kid who has run away from a boring future.
(b) A kid on the run from the police.
(c) A kid who has run away from his parents.
(d) A kid with no where else to go.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jacob take a train home?
2. What impresses Jacob about a woman he sees in the menagerie tent in Chapter 3?
3. What does August have the men store with the camels and zebras?
4. What does Jacob complain to the nurse about?
5. Who is Uncle Al?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)