|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impression makes Uncle Al think Jacob is not serious about a job with the circus? Who does Uncle Al think Jacob is?
(a) A kid on the run from the police.
(b) A kid who has run away from his parents.
(c) A kid who has run away from a boring future.
(d) A kid with no where else to go.
2. What does Jacob miss about being older?
(a) His young appearance.
(b) His health.
(c) His independence.
(d) His freedom.
3. What does Jacob see outside the window?
(a) A circus setting up a block or two away.
(b) A moving van at the house next door.
(c) An advertisment for a new senility drug.
(d) A new resident arriving.
4. What does Jacob risk by helping Marlena with her horse?
(a) His life.
(b) His veterinarian career.
(c) His job.
(d) His safety.
5. How often does each relative come to see Jacob?
(a) Once or twice a month.
(b) Once or twice a year.
(c) Once or twice a week.
(d) Every day.
6. What did Jacob's father do for a living?
(a) He was a veterinarian.
(b) He was a store clerk.
(c) He was a farmer.
(d) He was a doctor.
7. What does Jacob promise to do for Marlena in Chapter 7?
(a) To love her always.
(b) Protect her from Uncle Al and August.
(c) Put her horse out of its misery.
(d) Help her leave August.
8. Who is coming to visit Jacob that day?
(a) One of his great-grandchildren.
(b) One of his children.
(d) One of his grandchildren.
9. What does the new resident say that upsets Jacob?
(a) That he got free popcorn and souvenirs for his days carrying water for elephants.
(b) That he got to perform at the circus because of his days carrying water for elephants.
(c) That he got an upgrade on his circus ticket because of his days carrying water for elephants.
(d) That he got a free ticket because of his days carrying water for elephants.
10. How does Jacob react to the nurse's response to his complaint?
(a) Jacob picks a fight with the new resident.
(b) Jacob insists on going to his room.
(c) Jacob argues with the nurse.
(d) Jacob knocks his plate onto the floor.
11. Who is Marlena talking to when Jacob finds her?
12. Why does Camel drink jake?
(a) It was a gift.
(b) It is tasty.
(c) It is cheap.
(d) It is Prohibition and it is the only alcohol he can find.
13. What punishment does August give Jacob?
(a) August forces Jacob to muck out the animal stalls.
(b) August makes Jacob feed the big cats causing him to be bitten by a toothless lion.
(c) August forces Jacob to leave the train.
(d) August tells Jacob to polish his boots.
14. Why is Jacob removed from the dining room?
(a) He is finished eating.
(b) He becomes ill.
(c) He is rude to the nurses.
(d) He argues with the new resident.
15. Where is Jacob at the beginning of his circus memories?
(a) In the train belonging to a circus.
(b) In the cookhouse of a circus.
(c) In the menagerie tent of a circus.
(d) In the big top watching a circus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Al order be done with Jacob?
2. What does Camel tell Jacob he will have to learn to get along?
3. What holds the attention of many of the assisted-living center's residents in Chapter 5?
4. Which relatives does Jacob normally know?
5. What person in Jacob's life has recently died?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)