|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Marlena talking to when Jacob finds her?
2. Who reluctantly helps Jacob with Marlena's horse?
3. Why does Jacob go to Marlena and August's car in Chapter 7?
(a) Jacob wants to give August and Marlena an update on the sick horse.
(b) Jacob wants to see Marlena again.
(c) Jacob wants to apologize to August.
(d) Jacob is to have dinner with Marlena and August.
4. What is jake?
(a) Distilled whiskey
(b) Jamaican ginger extract
(c) Rice gin
5. What does August provide for himself, Marlena, and Jacob before dinner?
(a) Expensive whiskey.
(b) Rare chocolates.
(c) Expensive gifts.
(d) Formal attire.
6. Why does Jacob take a train home?
(a) His parents were killed in a car crash.
(b) Jacob has been kicked out of school for poor grades.
(c) Jacob has been kicked out of school for disciplinary reasons.
(d) His parents can no longer afford his tuition.
7. What does Jacob see for the first time during the cooch show?
(a) A nursing mother.
(b) A naked woman.
(c) A naked midget.
(d) A naked man.
8. What does Jacob's doctor believe has caused his recent outburst?
(a) The doctor believes Jacob is just a miserly old man.
(b) The doctor believes Jacob is depressed over his wife's death.
(c) The doctor believes Jacob is suffering demensia.
(d) The doctor believes Jacob is developing schizophrenia.
9. What does Camel tell Jacob he will have to learn to get along?
(a) Circus lingo.
(b) How to fight.
10. Who finds bath water for Jacob?
11. Where does the nurse try to seat Jacob at dinner?
(a) In the game room with other male residents.
(b) His regular table.
(c) In his room, alone.
(d) A new table.
12. What does Jacob think about as he watches?
(a) If the new movie is worth watching.
(b) If the circus acts are as good as Marlena's act was.
(c) If the new dancer could be any worse.
(d) If the new game is as boring as it looks.
13. Can Jacob heal the horse he examines?
(a) Yes, but it will take a special surgery to do it.
(b) No, Jacob does not have the necessary equipment to heal the horse.
(c) No, Jacob knows the injury cannot be healed.
(d) Yes, but the horse will need to be left behind when the circus moves on.
14. Where does Jacob sleep his first night in his new sleeping quarters?
(a) In a sleeping bag borrowed from his roommate.
(b) On a hammock.
(c) Under a wet and mildewed blanket.
(d) In a soft bed.
15. Why does Jacob dislike this guest?
(a) He dislikes braggarts.
(b) The guest is disrespectful to Jacob.
(c) He knows he is lying and he is jealous of the attention he is getting.
(d) He remembers this person from his own youth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jacob promise to do for Marlena in Chapter 7?
2. Where is Jacob at the beginning of his circus memories?
3. Why does young Jacob meet with August in the beginning of Chapter 6?
4. What job does Jacob's new roommate have?
5. What is Jacob doing just before the stampede begins?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)