|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which relatives does Jacob have trouble remembering?
(a) Everyone but his great-grandchildren.
(b) Everyone but his wife.
(c) Everyone but his children.
(d) Everyone but his grandchildren.
2. What does Camel tell Jacob he will have to learn to get along?
(b) How to fight.
(c) Circus lingo.
3. Who is kind to Jacob despite his foul mood at dinner?
(a) The guest from dinner.
(b) His wife.
(c) The nurse.
(d) A female resident.
4. Why is Jacob in the assisted-living center?
(a) He broke his hip and needs extra help while he recovers.
(b) He has no family to care for him.
(c) He is old.
(d) He wants to be near people his own age.
5. How does Rosemary react to Jacob's anger over the blinds?
(a) She leaves and re-enters the room as though she has just arrived.
(b) She calls another nurse to deal with his attitude.
(c) She yells at Jacob for acting so rude.
(d) She calls the doctor to increase his medication.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first job Jacob is given with the circus?
2. Where does the nurse try to seat Jacob at dinner?
3. What does Jacob lament about his current circumstances?
4. What is Jacob told as he runs toward the big top?
5. What does Marlena ask Jacob when they meet in Chapter 7?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)