|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jacob removed from the dining room?
(a) He argues with the new resident.
(b) He is finished eating.
(c) He becomes ill.
(d) He is rude to the nurses.
2. What is Jacob's one pleasure at the assisted-living center?
(a) The time to read his favorite books.
(b) The nurses who dote on him.
(c) The good food.
(d) The attention of the female residents.
3. What does the doctor prescribe for Jacob after his outburst at dinner?
(a) A pill to help with memory disorders.
(b) Time with a counselor.
(c) An antidepressant pill that Jacob does not want.
(d) An antipsychotic pill.
4. What has changed between Chapter 1 and Chapter 2?
(a) The tone. Chapter 2 begins after a new tragedy in Jacob's life.
(b) The plot. Chapter 2 introduces a new conflict.
(c) The characters. Chapter 2 contains a new main character.
(d) The setting. Chapter 2 takes place in Jacob's past.
5. What is the menagerie tent?
(a) The tent where the supplies are stored.
(b) The tent where the managers have their offices.
(c) The tent where the performers wait to go on.
(d) The tent where the animals are housed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds bath water for Jacob?
2. What makes Jacob ill in Chapter 7?
3. Where is Jacob taken after it is decided he will remain with the circus to examine a sick animal?
4. Where does the nurse try to seat Jacob at dinner?
5. Why has Jacob come to live at the assisted-living center?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)