|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who joins Jacob and his friends at dinner?
(a) A new doctor.
(b) A new nurse.
(c) A new resident, a retired lawyer.
(d) A new resident, a retired actress from Hollywood.
2. Why is class interrupted?
(a) There is a message for Jacob.
(b) One of the students made a rude remark.
(c) There is a problem with the final exam.
(d) A student let a mouse go in class.
3. Where does Jacob go when he hears the music change?
(a) Jacob rushes to the big top
(b) Jacob runs toward town
(c) Jacob rushes to the train
(d) Jacob runs away from the big top
4. What does Jacob see outside the window?
(a) An advertisment for a new senility drug.
(b) A moving van at the house next door.
(c) A new resident arriving.
(d) A circus setting up a block or two away.
5. What school does Jacob attend?
(a) Notre Dame University.
(b) Duke University.
(c) Cambridge University.
(d) Cornell University.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is August, the man Marlena is speaking to in the prologue?
2. What person in Jacob's life has recently died?
3. What song does Jacob hear being played as the stampede begins?
4. Why does Jacob take a train home?
5. Who is Marlena, the woman Jacob is looking for in the prologue?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)