|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has changed between Chapter 1 and Chapter 2?
(a) The plot. Chapter 2 introduces a new conflict.
(b) The tone. Chapter 2 begins after a new tragedy in Jacob's life.
(c) The characters. Chapter 2 contains a new main character.
(d) The setting. Chapter 2 takes place in Jacob's past.
2. What is the only thing Jacob is able to take from his parents' home?
(a) His father's gold watch.
(b) His father's car.
(c) His mother's cookbook.
(d) His mother's wedding ring.
3. Who interrupts the class?
(c) The dean of students.
4. Where is Jacob at the beginning of his circus memories?
(a) In the menagerie tent of a circus.
(b) In the big top watching a circus.
(c) In the cookhouse of a circus.
(d) In the train belonging to a circus.
5. Where does Jacob go when he hears the music change?
(a) Jacob runs toward town
(b) Jacob rushes to the train
(c) Jacob runs away from the big top
(d) Jacob rushes to the big top
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jacob take a train home?
2. Why is Jacob removed from the dining room?
3. What does Jacob see someone do to August at the end of the prologue?
4. Why does Jacob return to school?
5. What did Jacob's father do for a living?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)