1. Who is Jacob, the character introduced in the prologue?
(a) A circus performer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A circus workman.
(d) A cook.
2. Where is Jacob at the beginning of his circus memories?
(a) In the big top watching a circus.
(b) In the train belonging to a circus.
(c) In the menagerie tent of a circus.
(d) In the cookhouse of a circus.
3. What song does Jacob hear being played as the stampede begins?
(a) God Bless America
(b) Stars and Stripes Forever
(c) God Bless the Queen
(d) America the Beautiful
4. What is Jacob doing just before the stampede begins?
(d) Caring for animals
5. Where does Jacob go when he hears the music change?
(a) Jacob runs toward town
(b) Jacob rushes to the big top
(c) Jacob rushes to the train
(d) Jacob runs away from the big top
6. What is Jacob told as he runs toward the big top?
(a) Jacob is told August is looking for him
(b) Jacob is told the animals are stampeding
(c) Jacob is told Marlena has been injured
(d) Jacob is told the police are raiding the train
This section contains 5,441 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)