* Jacob is having lunch at the circus where he works when the signal for trouble is sounded.
* Jacob rushes to the Big Top to find Marlena, someone he clearly cares for.
* Jacob sees someone kill a man,but does not identify this person.
* The scene at the big top happened many years before. Jacob is now an elderly man who has kept secret what he saw that day for many years.
* Jacob lives in an assisted-living home.
* Jacob becomes excited by something he sees outside the windows of the home.
* Jacob dislikes a new resident who has come to live at the home.
* Jacob is punished when he accuses the new resident of lying about carrying water for elephants in the circus.
* Jacob is a young veterinary student with few worries until the day he learns his parents were killed in a car accident.
This section contains 2,020 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)