• Jacob is having lunch at the circus where he works when the signal for trouble is sounded.
• Jacob rushes to the Big Top to find Marlena, someone he clearly cares for.
• Jacob sees someone kill a man,but does not identify this person.
• The scene at the big top happened many years before. Jacob is now an elderly man who has kept secret what he saw that day for many years.
• Jacob lives in an assisted-living home.
• Jacob becomes excited by something he sees outside the windows of the home.
• Jacob dislikes a new resident who has come to live at the home.
• Jacob is punished when he accuses the new resident of lying about carrying water for elephants in the circus.
• Jacob is a young veterinary student with few worries until the day he learns his parents were killed in a...
This section contains 2,041 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)