|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orangutan use as a pillow while spending the night on the train platform in Sapporo?
(a) Her sweatshirt.
(b) Her souvenir kimono.
(c) A trash can lid.
(d) Her backpack.
2. What does ChutesAndLadders name as his two remaining ambitions in life?
(a) To be happy and to help others.
(b) To not use drugs and to not hurt anyone.
(c) To not cry and to not whine.
(d) To not use drugs and to keep his job.
3. How do Elliot and Yazmin gain entry to Odessa's house after Ginny's funeral?
(a) The landlord lets them in.
(b) Elliot finds the spare key in a flowerpot.
(c) Yazmin kicks the door in.
(d) Elliot kicks the door in.
4. What is Haikumom's job?
5. When the audience sees Orangutan on a different stage during Ginny's funeral and she hears the final boarding call for her train to her birth city, what does she do?
(a) She runs away from the station.
(b) She purposely gets on the wrong train.
(c) She squeezes through the train door.
(d) She freezes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ultimately gives the eulogy at Ginny's funeral?
2. When Odessa does not answer her door, how do Elliot and Yazmin know that she is in her house?
3. What does ChutesAndLadders tell Orangutan happened to him as a result of her three month absence from the Addiction Support forum?
4. When Elliot is too emotionally overcome to continue speaking, who delivers the rest of his line for him at the end of the scene at Ginny's funeral?
5. What is Odessa doing during Ginny's funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Elliot angrily tells the story of Mary Lou's death, what does Odessa/Haikumom do that foreshadows her coming relapse?
2. What are the main tenets of Odessa/Haikumom's advice to John/Fountainhead when they meet for the first time in person at the diner?
3. How does Scene Eleven display characteristics of the plot arc phase of rising action?
4. How does the play's theme of the relationship between past and present play out in Scene Ten when three different events happen onstage simultaneously?
5. What subject does John/Fountainhead try to avoid by making small talk about Puerto Rico?
6. What does the light represent within Scene Twelve when Madeleine/Orangutan is awakened on the train platform by the policeman's flashlight and Yazmin sees a light above Odessa/Haikumom?
7. How are the themes of hope and new beginnings portrayed in Scene Eleven when Clay/ChutesandLadders tries to sell his car on the phone?
8. What do Odessa/Haikumom and John/Fountainhead find that they have in common when they first meet at the diner in person?
9. How is the importance of human connection highlighted in Scene Thirteen when Clay/ChutesandLadders plans to meet Madeleine/Orangutan in Japan and John/Fountainhead reaches out to the other members of the Addiction Support forum from the hospital?
10. How does Odessa/Haikumom respond to John/Fountainhead's admission that he had minimized the depth of his addiction in his first post on the forum?
This section contains 1,329 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)