|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At which shop does Elliot work, in addition to his part-time work as an actor?
(a) Whole Foods.
(d) Port of Subs.
2. Which Jazz artist is the subject of Yazmin's lecture when she receives the emergency text from Elliot?
(a) John Coltrane.
(b) Miles Davis.
(c) Charlie Mingus.
(d) Chick Corea.
3. How old is ChutesAndLadders?
4. For what government agency does ChutesAndLadders work?
(a) Child Protective Services.
(b) The Post Office.
(c) The Central Intelligence Agency.
(d) The Internal Revenue Service.
5. When Yazmin gets a text message from Elliot's dad while she and Elliot are talking on the phone, what does it say?
(a) "Tell Elliot to call me right away" (Location 348).
(b) "Turning off the breathing machine unless you text back soon" (Location 348).
(c) "Don't tell Elliot how dire the situation is" (Location 348).
(d) "Waiting for Elliot till we turn off the machine" (Location 348).
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years of sobriety does ChutesAndLadders tell Orangutan that he has?
2. Why does ChutesAndLadders look forward so much to the Tuesday crossword puzzle in the newspaper?
3. What phrase does ChutesAndLadders use to describe his physical appearance?
4. To what do Orangutan, ChutesAndLadders, and HaikuMom toast after ChutesAndLadders' story about his brush with death on Coronado Beach?
5. What is NOT one thing that Orangutan lists among the items that she buys with her paychecks from teaching?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the subject of Yazmin's lecture to her music theory class?
2. What new information does the audience learn about John/Fountainhead within Scene 6 during his second appearance on the Addiction Support forum?
3. Discuss the Ghost's role as a theatrical externalization within the play.
4. What do the stage directions say the actors should be doing while chatting online with one another?
5. What does Clay/ChutesandLadders reveal as the catalyst for his decision to get sober?
6. How does the audience learn of Elliot's volatile temper within Scene Three when he learns that his mother Ginny is on life support?
7. How does Elliot try to lessen the pain caused by his wounded leg now that he no longer takes pain medication?
8. How does John/Fountainhead differ from all of the other characters in the play?
9. What label does Clay/ChutesandLadders insist that John/Fountainhead apply to himself and why does he insist on this admission?
10. What does Elliot consider inappropriate about the method his father uses to let him know that his adoptive mother Ginny has been placed on life support?
This section contains 1,239 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)