|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does HaikuMom tell ChutesAndLadders that she is going to buy for him?
(a) A pair of waterwings.
(b) A pair of parachute pants.
(c) A pair of suspenders.
(d) A pair of fuzzy socks.
2. From what California city does ChutesAndLadders hail?
(a) Santa Rosita.
(b) San Diego.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) San Francisco.
3. At what college does Yazmin teach?
4. What is the name of the professor that translates Elliot's memorized Arabic phrase for him?
(a) Professor Imin.
(b) Professor Aman.
(c) Professor Amen.
(d) Professor Araman.
5. What word does Haikumom type each time another member uses foul language on the forum?
6. What does ChutesAndLadders tell Fountainhead that he will have to put aside if he wants to stand a chance at getting sober?
(a) His feelings.
(b) His fake humility.
(c) His pride.
(d) His ego.
7. What type of rental car does Fountainhead get that causes him to declare he has now officially hit rock bottom?
(a) A Jeep Cherokee.
(b) A Ford Thunderbird.
(c) A Ford Mustang.
(d) A Chevrolet Camaro.
8. When Elliot meets Yazmin at the flower shop what activity has he been doing that is making him walk with a limp?
(a) Jumping rope.
(b) Helping his best friend move.
9. Which Jazz artist is the subject of Yazmin's lecture when she receives the emergency text from Elliot?
(a) Miles Davis.
(b) John Coltrane.
(c) Chick Corea.
(d) Charlie Mingus.
10. What screen name does the administrator of the addiction support forum use?
11. What does Elliot's memorized Arabic phrase turn out to mean in English?
(a) Get out of my way.
(b) Always look on the bright side of life.
(c) Can I please have my passport back?
(d) Leave my family alone.
12. How does Elliot's dad let Elliot know that his mom, Ginny, has been put on life support?
(a) He texts him.
(b) He sends him a Facebook message.
(c) He calls him.
(d) He sends him an email.
13. What adjective does Haikumom use to describe Fountainhead's first post on the addiction support forum?
14. When Yazmin cancels her students' next listening report, what does she assign them to do instead?
(a) Write about the first time they noticed syncopation.
(b) Write about the first time they noticed consonance.
(c) Write about the first time they noticed synergy.
(d) Write about the first time they noticed dissonance.
15. How old is ChutesAndLadders?
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity does ChutesAndLadders say that he and Orangutan engaged in all night the first time they met online?
2. What is the relationship between Yazmin and Elliot?
3. In what language is Elliot's most recent commercial broadcast upon its release?
4. In her thirteenth year, Yazmin's music teacher listened to one of her compositions and called it pretty. What simile did he use to characterize her piece of music?
5. How old is Orangutan?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)