|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his first post on the addiction support forum, Fountainhead says that doing crack now feels less like getting high and more like doing what other activity?
(a) Trying to build a time machine.
(b) Emptying the ocean with an eyedropper.
(c) Staring straight at the sun.
(d) Digging a canyon with a teaspoon.
2. What event does ChutesAndLadders name as the event that once ended a 5-year stretch of sobriety in his life?
(a) Burying his wife.
(b) Going to see his daughter.
(c) Losing his job.
(d) Going to see his son.
3. What major water feature is present in the city where Orangutan was born?
(a) A 100-mile-long river.
(b) A lake 20 miles in diameter.
(c) A bioluminescent bay.
(d) A sea with a 30 percent salinity content.
4. What reason does ChutesAndLadders give for discouraging Orangutan from visiting her birth parents?
(a) He knows that the city of her birth is a dangerous place.
(b) He fears they will want her to stay in Japan.
(c) He is jealous of the bonds that she may form with them if she meets them.
(d) He believes it could jeopardize her recovery.
5. When Odessa does not answer her door, how do Elliot and Yazmin know that she is in her house?
(a) They hear her cell phone ringing when they call her.
(b) They hear her shouting.
(c) They see on their phones that she is posting online in the Addiction Support forum.
(d) They hear her tea kettle whistling.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Elliot poses as Haikumom online and Orangutan asks for a poem, what question does Elliot type instead?
2. What does ChutesAndLadders find inside the padded envelope he finds on his desk after he trashes his office due to an online argument with Orangutan?
3. Why does ChutesAndLadders place on hold the person who is expressing interest in buying his car?
4. Whom does Elliot tell Yazmin to call after she hangs up with the 911 operator?
5. What does ChutesAndLadders tell Fountainhead that he will have to put aside if he wants to stand a chance at getting sober?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)