|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is ornithology?
2. How is the fire inside the hangar caused?
3. Why did Adrian give away the family fortune?
4. What is the message in Adrian Veidt's office memo?
5. Where does the explosion start?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Dan Dreiberg, what do scientists lack?
2. What is the connection between "Blood from the Shoulder of Pallas" and the events in this chapter?
3. What is Veidt's plan and what do you think are its chances of success?
4. What is unusual about Sally's response to interviewer questions about her rape by The Comedian?
5. In what ways do Rorschach and Dan/Night Owl act resourcefully in this chapter?
6. What new material is provided in this section?
7. How is the importance for Dan of his past costumed hero days conveyed to the reader/responder?
8. Why is Detective Fine now convinced that Dan is a costumed hero?
9. What concrete facts do we learn from this section of the novel?
10. In the context of the novel, what function does this section fulfill?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the morality of Jon (Dr Manhattan) and Walter (Rorschach). You will need to describe each character's morality, providing evidence from the text. You will then need to evaluate each and comment on the way each character's moral outlook has influenced their behavior as well as the outcome for the world.
Essay Topic 2
"Watchmen deals with a corrupt world." In what ways is this world corrupt? Is it more, or less, corrupt at the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Review Rorschach's role in the novel. What does he represent? Is his death inevitable? What does his death represent?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)