Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the author of the document presented here?
2. What important decision does Dan make?
3. In the Black Freighter comic, what happens when the sailor abandons his raft?
4. Who organized and paid for the attack on Adrian Veidt?
5. With what is Rorchach charged?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of minor characters in Watchmen. Who are they and what do they show us about other characters? Do they advance the story? Are they necessary? Can you imagine the novel without these characters?
Essay Topic 2
Is this a novel that elicits in the reader feelings of empathy for the characters? In other words, do we actually care what happens to them? Choose a character you feel arouses empathy in the reader/responder. Show how Moore creates that empathy. To what extent is the artwork a contributing factor?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of symbolism in the novel. Give special attention to the symbols you find most powerful. Write in detail on at least three symbols, for example, Nostalgia perfume, the smiley button.
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)