|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dan wake up during the night?
2. How is Jon's giant mechanism powered?
3. Who created the drawing of a man and a woman merging into one while having sex?
4. What is the sailor's mental state when he joins the pirates?
5. On what day do the events of this chapter occur?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the role of women in Watchmen. Who are the female characters in the novel? What is their relationship with the male characters? What is their relationship in the events of the novel? Are their roles crucial? How might a feminist critic respond to this novel?
Essay Topic 2
The graphic novel Watchmen contains features of post-modernism in its structure. Identify postmodern features and discuss two specific examples in some detail. Do you personally enjoy this technique? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on the character Dan Dreiberg in Watchmen. What sort of person is he? Comment on his relationships. How crucial is he to the story? Is he a sympathetic character? Why or why not?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)