|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What it so special about the snowstorm ball?
2. Who was the author of the inter-office memo?
3. Laurie's medical scans reveal . . .
4. The leading article is written by . . . ?
5. With what is Rorchach charged?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Veidt's plan and what do you think are its chances of success?
2. Comment on the importance of this chapter for the novel as a whole.
3. According to Dan Dreiberg, what do scientists lack?
4. In what ways do Rorschach and Dan/Night Owl act resourcefully in this chapter?
5. Explain what is happening in the wider world as Laurie and Dan begin their relationship.
6. What is significant about the belongings Laurie takes with her when she goes to Mars with Jon?
7. How is the importance for Dan of his past costumed hero days conveyed to the reader/responder?
8. What is important about the Veidt Method?
9. Comment on the discontinuing of Nostalgia and its replacement with Millennium perfume.
10. In the context of the novel, what function does this section fulfill?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character do you believe is most important in the novel? Justify your choice by referring closely to the text. What are this character's beliefs and attitudes and in what ways does he (or she) affect the story? Do you like the character and do you agree with the choices this person makes?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of minor characters in the novel. Choose two minor characters and evaluate his or her role in the novel. What is the characters' influence/affect on other characters? On the working out of the story? On the reader--i.e., you?
Essay Topic 3
Review Rorschach's role in the novel. What does he represent? Is his death inevitable? What does his death represent?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)