|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What place does this section have in the structure of the graphic novel?
2. Ih what form are these documents?
3. Where can "The Veidt Method" often be seen advertised?
4. What is specially significant about these documents?
5. What is the paper's political stance?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is this issue's rant connected to the plot of the novel?
2. What is the connection between "Blood from the Shoulder of Pallas" and the events in this chapter?
3. In what ways do Rorschach and Dan/Night Owl act resourcefully in this chapter?
4. What concrete facts do we learn from this section of the novel?
5. Explain the inclusion of extracts from Sally Jupiter's scrapbook at this point in the novel.
6. According to Dan Dreiberg, what do scientists lack?
7. Why is Detective Fine now convinced that Dan is a costumed hero?
8. Would you agree that the new world order would be a more truthful one?
9. What is unusual about Sally's response to interviewer questions about her rape by The Comedian?
10. What is the political stance of the New Frontiersman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of minor characters in the novel. Choose two minor characters and evaluate his or her role in the novel. What is the characters' influence/affect on other characters? On the working out of the story? On the reader--i.e., you?
Essay Topic 2
Review Rorschach's role in the novel. What does he represent? Is his death inevitable? What does his death represent?
Essay Topic 3
Using events in the novel, write an obituary for Rorscarch. Model your style on the obits section of, say, The New York Times.
Be sure to use the correct level of language. Cover his early life, his exploits and his beliefs.
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)