|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is Rorchach charged?
2. On what day was this paper published?
3. Ih what form are these documents?
4. Which description best fits the article on "The Veidt Method"?
5. What is the significance of the information given in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the political stance of the New Frontiersman?
2. What is important about the Veidt Method?
3. Would you agree that the new world order would be a more truthful one?
4. What is the connection between "Blood from the Shoulder of Pallas" and the events in this chapter?
5. According to Dan Dreiberg, what do scientists lack?
6. Comment on the discontinuing of Nostalgia and its replacement with Millennium perfume.
7. What concrete facts do we learn from this section of the novel?
8. How is this issue's rant connected to the plot of the novel?
9. How is the importance for Dan of his past costumed hero days conveyed to the reader/responder?
10. Describe what is going on in the prison.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a thoughtful essay in which you discuss the relative power of the major characters in the novel. Who are the most powerful? In what ways do they exercise their power? In what way or ways would you characterize their power? How do they use power in their personal relationships and in the wider world?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on characterization. What is meant by "flat" and "rounded" characters? Is the difference important? Discuss the characterization in Watchmen. Focus on two characters in particular.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the use of irony in the graphic novel. It will be important in your discussion to comment upon the death of Rorschach. How does irony work to enhance meaning in the novel? Give at least three examples and refer closely to the text.
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)