|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this chapter add for the reader/responder?
2. What is specially significant about these documents?
3. What function does this section perform in the narrative?
4. What do we learn about Hollis Mason's autobiography?
5. On the night of the rescue, what other people are dressed in costume?
Short Essay Questions
1. Comment on the discontinuing of Nostalgia and its replacement with Millennium perfume.
2. What is important about the Veidt Method?
3. Would you agree that the new world order would be a more truthful one?
4. Explain what is happening in the wider world as Laurie and Dan begin their relationship.
5. Comment on the structure of this chapter.
6. How is this issue's rant connected to the plot of the novel?
7. What is Veidt's plan and what do you think are its chances of success?
8. What is the connection between "Blood from the Shoulder of Pallas" and the events in this chapter?
9. What is unusual about Sally's response to interviewer questions about her rape by The Comedian?
10. What is significant about the belongings Laurie takes with her when she goes to Mars with Jon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the character Dan Dreiberg in Watchmen. What sort of person is he? Comment on his relationships. How crucial is he to the story? Is he a sympathetic character? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of symbolism in the novel. Give special attention to the symbols you find most powerful. Write in detail on at least three symbols, for example, Nostalgia perfume, the smiley button.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of minor characters in Watchmen. Who are they and what do they show us about other characters? Do they advance the story? Are they necessary? Can you imagine the novel without these characters?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)