|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rorschach go to visit Jon Osterman?
2. What was Rorschach's birth name?
3. Of what did Hooded Justice remind Hollis?
4. Who wrote the text for Tales of the Black Freighter?
5. Who is killed in the assassination attempt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the political stance of the New Frontiersman?
2. Comment on the structure of this chapter.
3. In what way is this extract from Hollis' autobiography important in the novel?
4. Comment on the importance of this chapter for the novel as a whole.
5. Can any plot significance be attached to this section of the novel?
6. What problems are being dealt with by President Richard Nixon
7. Explain what is happening in the wider world as Laurie and Dan begin their relationship.
8. Do you think that Hooded Justice was right not to testify to the House UnAmerican Activities Commission?
9. Who is Adrian Veidt?
10. Is there anything ironic about the interview between Dr Long and Rorschach?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the character Dan Dreiberg in Watchmen. What sort of person is he? Comment on his relationships. How crucial is he to the story? Is he a sympathetic character? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
"Watchmen deals with a corrupt world." In what ways is this world corrupt? Is it more, or less, corrupt at the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the world of Watchmen. How different is it from the real American society of today? Compare the ways in which it is different from America today and comment on any features that are similar. Focus on events, moral/ethical values, the international scene. What, if anything, do you think is being conveyed to the reader/responder by the composers of Watchmen Comment on story and art?
This section contains 1,449 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)