|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rorschach get into the apartment?
2. Which is the correct statement?
3. What type of publication is Under the Hood?
4. Which costumed hero was killed during a bank robbery?
5. What does Hollis say the costumed heroes were forced to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. There is a great deal of irony in this chapter. Comment on irony relating to the character of Dr Long.
2. Is there anything ironic about the interview between Dr Long and Rorschach?
3. Why did Hollis take the step of becoming a costumed hero?
4. Can any plot significance be attached to this section of the novel?
5. Who is Adrian Veidt?
6. In Jon's story, what is the significance of Janey Slater?
7. What is the main idea of the article presented here?
8. Who is Dr Manhattan?
9. Account for the trouble at the TV studios during Dr Manhattan's interview.
10. How does Laurie react to her mother's story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the place of color symbolism in the novel. What is color symbolism? Why is it significant? What can it tell us? What does it tell us in Watchmen? Be as thorough as possible in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using events in the novel, write an obituary for Rorscarch. Model your style on the obits section of, say, The New York Times.
Be sure to use the correct level of language. Cover his early life, his exploits and his beliefs.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of minor characters in Watchmen. Who are they and what do they show us about other characters? Do they advance the story? Are they necessary? Can you imagine the novel without these characters?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)