|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dan wake up during the night?
(a) He is hungry.
(b) He has had a nightmare.
(c) He has had a
(d) He thinks Laurie has left him.
2. Who created the drawing of a man and a woman merging into one while having sex?
(a) The child Walter Kovacs.
(b) Diego Garcia.
(c) Detective Fine.
(d) Dr Malcolm Long.
3. Laurie's medical scans reveal . . .
(a) That she s not pregnant.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she has terminl cancer.
(d) That she does not have cancer.
4. What is "The Veidt Method"
(a) A business plan for Pyramid Industries.
(b) A program of exercise and mental discipline.
(c) A plan for a spiritual journey.
(d) A program of mind games and martial arts.
5. What function does this section perform in the narrative?
(a) Instructs us on postmodernism
(b) Adds humor to the story.
(c) Contains an important plot developmemt.
(d) Ties up some plot elements.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will the new brand of perfume be called?
2. In the Black Freighter comic, what happens when the sailor abandons his raft?
3. Detective Fine suspects that Dan . . .
4. What do we learn about Hollis Mason's autobiography?
5. On the night of the rescue, what other people are dressed in costume?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what is happening in the wider world as Laurie and Dan begin their relationship.
2. In what ways do Rorschach and Dan/Night Owl act resourcefully in this chapter?
3. Why is Detective Fine now convinced that Dan is a costumed hero?
4. Comment on the discontinuing of Nostalgia and its replacement with Millennium perfume.
5. What is the connection between "Blood from the Shoulder of Pallas" and the events in this chapter?
6. Would you agree that the new world order would be a more truthful one?
7. Explain the inclusion of extracts from Sally Jupiter's scrapbook at this point in the novel.
8. What new material is provided in this section?
9. What is significant about the belongings Laurie takes with her when she goes to Mars with Jon?
10. In the context of the novel, what function does this section fulfill?
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)