|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disturbing news is broadcast on TV?
(a) Russia has invaded Afghanistan and is advancing towards Pakistan.
(b) Pakistan has invaded Afghanistan and Iraq.
(c) The United States has invaded Afghanistan and Russia.
(d) Afghanistan has invaded Russia and Pakistan.
2. Which publication employs the interviewer?
(a) The National Enquirer.
(b) The Nova Express.
(c) The Evening Standard.
(d) The New Frontiersman.
3. Why does Dan wake up during the night?
(a) He has had a nightmare.
(b) He has had a
(c) He thinks Laurie has left him.
(d) He is hungry.
4. What is ornithology?
(a) The study of blood and DNA.
(b) The study of wings.
(c) The study of birds.
(d) The study of owls.
5. What significant thing does Jon tell Laurie about himself?
(a) That he doesn't experience love and family the way she does.
(b) That he doesn't experience energy the way she does.
(c) That he doesn't understand women.
(d) That he doesn't experience space or time the way she does.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the report comment on Rorschach's notebook?
2. Why were Laurie's parents fighting?
3. In what publication does the article appear?
4. What is the significance of the information given in this section?
5. Who tries to sell something to Bernhard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is important about the Veidt Method?
2. What is the political stance of the New Frontiersman?
3. What new material is provided in this section?
4. Explain what is happening in the wider world as Laurie and Dan begin their relationship.
5. In the context of the novel, what function does this section fulfill?
6. In what ways do Rorschach and Dan/Night Owl act resourcefully in this chapter?
7. Comment on the discontinuing of Nostalgia and its replacement with Millennium perfume.
8. What is significant about the belongings Laurie takes with her when she goes to Mars with Jon?
9. Would you agree that the new world order would be a more truthful one?
10. Describe what is going on in the prison.
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)