|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Identify the interviewer's attitude to Veidt.
(a) He is sympathetic and sycophantic.
(b) He is openly hostile.
(c) He is suspicious and cynical.
(d) He is sympathetic but not too trusting.
2. What is Laurie's reaction to Jon's information about himself?
(a) She doesn't believe it and thinks he's pretentious.
(b) She can't fully comprehend it.
(c) She understands and empathises with him.
(d) She thinks he will overcome his problems with her help.
3. With what is Rorchach charged?
(a) Scaling the facade of a building.
(b) Stealing from Edgar Jacobi and Harvey Furniss.
(c) The murders of Edgar Jacobi, Gerald Grice and Harvey Furniss.
(d) The murders of Elsa Jacobi, Gerald Grace and Harvey Furnis.
4. Who was the author of the inter-office memo?
(a) The District Attorney.
(b) Dr Long.
(c) Detective Fine.
(d) Jon Osterman.
5. What important decision does Dan make?
(a) To ask Laurie to rescue Rorschach.
(b) To ask Laurie to marry him.
(c) To rescue Rorschach from prison.
(d) To have Rorschach murdered in prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the password for Veidt's computer system?
2. Who interviews Adrian Veidt?
3. According to the article, what is the purpose of the owl's screech?
4. In the Black Freighter comic, what happens when the sailor abandons his raft?
5. Detective Fine suspects that Dan . . .
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Veidt's plan and what do you think are its chances of success?
2. Comment on the importance of this section to the novel as a whole.
3. Would you agree that the new world order would be a more truthful one?
4. Explain what is happening in the wider world as Laurie and Dan begin their relationship.
5. Why is Detective Fine now convinced that Dan is a costumed hero?
6. What is important about the Veidt Method?
7. What is the connection between "Blood from the Shoulder of Pallas" and the events in this chapter?
8. Describe what is going on in the prison.
9. How is the importance for Dan of his past costumed hero days conveyed to the reader/responder?
10. Comment on the structure of this chapter.
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)