|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day was this paper published?
(a) 30th November, 1985.
(b) 22nd November, 1963.
(c) 31st October, 1985.
(d) 26th January, 1985.
2. Why were Laurie's parents fighting?
(a) Because her mother overspent their budget.
(b) Because of her mother's affair with The Comedian.
(c) Because her mother had an affair with Rorschach.
(d) Because her mother threw a drink at The Comedian.
3. What significant thing does Jon tell Laurie about himself?
(a) That he doesn't experience love and family the way she does.
(b) That he doesn't experience space or time the way she does.
(c) That he doesn't understand women.
(d) That he doesn't experience energy the way she does.
4. What happens when the sailor in The Black Freighter comic finally makes it home?
(a) He gives his wife the pirates' treasure.
(b) He mistakenly murders the fop.
(c) He mistakenly murders the wife he loves.
(d) He gives the town the pirates' treasure.
5. Why did Adrian give away the family fortune?
(a) In order to help the poor.
(b) In order to avoid the charge of a privileged start.
(c) In order to build schools and hospitals.
(d) In order to avoid the charge of tax avoidance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disturbing news is broadcast on TV?
2. What is specially significant about these documents?
3. What is the password for Veidt's computer system?
4. How does the report comment on Rorschach's notebook?
5. What is the paper's political stance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Detective Fine now convinced that Dan is a costumed hero?
2. What is the political stance of the New Frontiersman?
3. Explain the inclusion of extracts from Sally Jupiter's scrapbook at this point in the novel.
4. Comment on the discontinuing of Nostalgia and its replacement with Millennium perfume.
5. What concrete facts do we learn from this section of the novel?
6. What is significant about the belongings Laurie takes with her when she goes to Mars with Jon?
7. What is Veidt's plan and what do you think are its chances of success?
8. In what ways do Rorschach and Dan/Night Owl act resourcefully in this chapter?
9. Comment on the importance of this section to the novel as a whole.
10. What new material is provided in this section?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)