|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Laurie doing when Detective Fine arrives?
(a) Cooking dinner.
(b) Hiding her hero's costume.
(c) Taking a nap.
(d) Taking a shower.
2. Who created the drawing of a man and a woman merging into one while having sex?
(a) The child Walter Kovacs.
(b) Dr Malcolm Long.
(c) Detective Fine.
(d) Diego Garcia.
3. How does the report comment on Rorschach's notebook?
(a) It says the notebook is impossible to read because it is covered in inkblots.
(b) It says the notebook is full of secrets.
(c) It says the notebook is impossible to read, thanks to the cramped and eccentric writing.
(d) It says the notebook will be crucual to the investigation.
4. According to the article, what do scientists often fail to appreciate?
(a) The mysterious ways their salaries are paid.
(b) The mystery and beauty of birds.
(c) The mysteries of time and space.
(d) The mystery and beauty of life.
5. What is "The Veidt Method"
(a) A program of mind games and martial arts.
(b) A program of exercise and mental discipline.
(c) A plan for a spiritual journey.
(d) A business plan for Pyramid Industries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important decision does Dan make?
2. Where does the explosion start?
3. What happens when the sailor in The Black Freighter comic finally makes it home?
4. According to the article, what is the purpose of the owl's screech?
5. Who does Dr Long meet near Bernhard's newsstand?
Short Essay Questions
1. Comment on the importance of this section to the novel as a whole.
2. Comment on the discontinuing of Nostalgia and its replacement with Millennium perfume.
3. According to Dan Dreiberg, what do scientists lack?
4. What is unusual about Sally's response to interviewer questions about her rape by The Comedian?
5. What is the political stance of the New Frontiersman?
6. Comment on the importance of this chapter for the novel as a whole.
7. In what ways do Rorschach and Dan/Night Owl act resourcefully in this chapter?
8. What is important about the Veidt Method?
9. Comment on the structure of this chapter.
10. Why is Detective Fine now convinced that Dan is a costumed hero?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)