|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to sell something to Bernhard?
(a) Two Scientologists try to sell him books by Ron Hubbard.
(b) Two nuns try to sell him News From Fatima.
(c) Two Jehovah's Witnesses try to sell him The Watchtower.
(d) Nazi punks try to sell him a biography of Himmler.
2. What function does this section perform in the narrative?
(a) Adds humor to the story.
(b) Contains an important plot developmemt.
(c) Ties up some plot elements.
(d) Instructs us on postmodernism
3. Who created the drawing of a man and a woman merging into one while having sex?
(a) Detective Fine.
(b) Dr Malcolm Long.
(c) The child Walter Kovacs.
(d) Diego Garcia.
4. According to the article, what do scientists often fail to appreciate?
(a) The mysteries of time and space.
(b) The mystery and beauty of life.
(c) The mystery and beauty of birds.
(d) The mysterious ways their salaries are paid.
5. What significant item does Laurie take with her when she goes with Jon?
(a) A bottle of her mother's perfume.
(b) A bottle of the new pefume.
(c) Her hero costume.
(d) Her cigarettes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important decision does Dan make?
2. The leading article is written by . . . ?
3. What is Laurie's reaction to Jon's information about himself?
4. In the Black Freighter, what happens when the marooned man is on the beach near his town?
5. Who organized and paid for the attack on Adrian Veidt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the political stance of the New Frontiersman?
2. Explain the inclusion of extracts from Sally Jupiter's scrapbook at this point in the novel.
3. In what ways do Rorschach and Dan/Night Owl act resourcefully in this chapter?
4. Comment on the importance of this chapter for the novel as a whole.
5. In the context of the novel, what function does this section fulfill?
6. Describe what is going on in the prison.
7. What is significant about the belongings Laurie takes with her when she goes to Mars with Jon?
8. Comment on the importance of this section to the novel as a whole.
9. Would you agree that the new world order would be a more truthful one?
10. How is the importance for Dan of his past costumed hero days conveyed to the reader/responder?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)