|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is specially significant about these documents?
(a) They are rich in metaphor and characterization.
(b) They complete the characterization of Rorshach
(c) They complete the characterization of Dr Long.
(d) They demonstrate the importance of inter-office memos.
2. What place does this section have in the structure of the graphic novel?
(a) It opens up discussion about costumed heroes.
(b) It profiles all the costumed heroes.
(c) It begins a new segment of narrative.
(d) It winds up the story of the Minutemen costumed heroes.
3. Ih what form are these documents?
(a) A scrapbook miscellany.
(b) A file of newspaper clippings.
(c) A scrapbook about The Comedian.
(d) A travel scrapbook.
4. What is the significance of the information given in this section?
(a) It provides important information relating to the plot of the novel.
(b) It provides insight into the character of Max Shea and other artists.
(c) It provides good moral leadership for the community.
(d) It provides important information about the newspaper's attitude.
5. What information does the secondary story contain?
(a) The amazing powers of Dr Manhattan.
(b) The disappearance of Max Shea and other prominent people in the artistic world.
(c) The disapperance of the Black Freighter.
(d) The amazing disapperance of costumed heroes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Detective Fine suspects that Dan . . .
2. On the night of the rescue, what other people are dressed in costume?
3. Who created the drawing of a man and a woman merging into one while having sex?
4. Who does Dr Long meet near Bernhard's newsstand?
5. According to the article, what is the purpose of the owl's screech?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Detective Fine now convinced that Dan is a costumed hero?
2. What concrete facts do we learn from this section of the novel?
3. What is Veidt's plan and what do you think are its chances of success?
4. According to Dan Dreiberg, what do scientists lack?
5. Would you agree that the new world order would be a more truthful one?
6. In what ways do Rorschach and Dan/Night Owl act resourcefully in this chapter?
7. Explain what is happening in the wider world as Laurie and Dan begin their relationship.
8. What new material is provided in this section?
9. Comment on the importance of this chapter for the novel as a whole.
10. Comment on the discontinuing of Nostalgia and its replacement with Millennium perfume.
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)