|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is Rorchach charged?
(a) Scaling the facade of a building.
(b) Stealing from Edgar Jacobi and Harvey Furniss.
(c) The murders of Edgar Jacobi, Gerald Grice and Harvey Furniss.
(d) The murders of Elsa Jacobi, Gerald Grace and Harvey Furnis.
2. Why were Laurie's parents fighting?
(a) Because her mother threw a drink at The Comedian.
(b) Because her mother had an affair with Rorschach.
(c) Because of her mother's affair with The Comedian.
(d) Because her mother overspent their budget.
3. Where can "The Veidt Method" often be seen advertised?
(a) On page 3 of the National Enquirer.
(b) On the back cover of Tales of the Black Freighter.
(c) In America Today.
(d) On the back page of The New Frontiersman.
4. Who tries to sell something to Bernhard?
(a) Nazi punks try to sell him a biography of Himmler.
(b) Two Scientologists try to sell him books by Ron Hubbard.
(c) Two nuns try to sell him News From Fatima.
(d) Two Jehovah's Witnesses try to sell him The Watchtower.
5. What important decision does Dan make?
(a) To have Rorschach murdered in prison.
(b) To ask Laurie to rescue Rorschach.
(c) To ask Laurie to marry him.
(d) To rescue Rorschach from prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Jon's giant mechanism powered?
2. What do we learn about Hollis Mason's autobiography?
3. Who interviews Adrian Veidt?
4. What place does this section have in the structure of the graphic novel?
5. What is specially significant about these documents?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the context of the novel, what function does this section fulfill?
2. How is the importance for Dan of his past costumed hero days conveyed to the reader/responder?
3. Describe what is going on in the prison.
4. Comment on the structure of this chapter.
5. According to Dan Dreiberg, what do scientists lack?
6. How is this issue's rant connected to the plot of the novel?
7. Comment on the discontinuing of Nostalgia and its replacement with Millennium perfume.
8. Comment on the importance of this section to the novel as a whole.
9. What concrete facts do we learn from this section of the novel?
10. Explain what is happening in the wider world as Laurie and Dan begin their relationship.
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)