|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the article, what is the purpose of the owl's screech?
(a) To paralyse prey and pin it to the ground.
(b) To call to a mate.
(c) To warn other owls of danger.
(d) To frighten other owls and keep them away from prey.
2. What is the password for Veidt's computer system?
(a) Ramses ii
(b) Amun-Ra ii
(d) Ramses iii
3. What is Rorschach's response to the charges?
(a) He admits everything.
(b) He claims his right to remain silent.
(c) He denies he murdered Jacobi.
(d) He denies he murdered Jacobi and blames Night Owl for the other two killings.
4. What significant item does Laurie take with her when she goes with Jon?
(a) Her cigarettes.
(b) A bottle of the new pefume.
(c) A bottle of her mother's perfume.
(d) Her hero costume.
5. With which of The Comedian's beliefs does Veidt now agree?
(a) The world would be happy without conflict and power.
(b) Rulers should relinquish power and give it to the people.
(c) There should be one world government.
(d) The world revolves around conflict and power.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who compiled the scrapbook?
2. Why were Laurie's parents fighting?
3. Who created the drawing of a man and a woman merging into one while having sex?
4. What happens when the sailor in The Black Freighter comic finally makes it home?
5. Which publication employs the interviewer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Would you agree that the new world order would be a more truthful one?
2. What concrete facts do we learn from this section of the novel?
3. Explain what is happening in the wider world as Laurie and Dan begin their relationship.
4. According to Dan Dreiberg, what do scientists lack?
5. In the context of the novel, what function does this section fulfill?
6. What is significant about the belongings Laurie takes with her when she goes to Mars with Jon?
7. In what ways do Rorschach and Dan/Night Owl act resourcefully in this chapter?
8. What is important about the Veidt Method?
9. How is the importance for Dan of his past costumed hero days conveyed to the reader/responder?
10. Comment on the structure of this chapter.
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)