|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What it so special about the snowstorm ball?
(a) Laurie has the feeling it slows time down.
(b) It was a present from her first boyfriend.
(c) It was a souvenir from a family holiday.
(d) Laurie has a feeling it is a miniature world.
2. How is the fire inside the hangar caused?
(a) It was started by Nazi punks.
(b) Laurie accidentally activates the flame-thrower.
(c) Laurie used her mobile phone when they were refuelling.
(d) Laurie started it with her cigarette-lighter.
3. What motivated the Nazi punks to attack and kill Hollis Mason?
(a) They were given a contract by a local gangster.
(b) Detective Fine paid them to do it.
(c) They were inflamed by anti-costumed hero rhetoric in the press.
(d) They were high on drugs.
4. What is the message in Adrian Veidt's office memo?
(a) Nostalgia perfume will be discontinued and replaced.
(b) Production of nostalgia perfume is to be stepped up.
(c) There needs to be a new advertising campaign for Nostalgia perfume.
(d) Nostalgia perfume is to be repackaged.
5. What function does this section perform in the narrative?
(a) Instructs us on postmodernism
(b) Contains an important plot developmemt.
(c) Adds humor to the story.
(d) Ties up some plot elements.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where can "The Veidt Method" often be seen advertised?
2. Ih what form are these documents?
3. Which publication employs the interviewer?
4. What significant item does Laurie take with her when she goes with Jon?
5. Which description best fits the article on "The Veidt Method"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Comment on the importance of this chapter for the novel as a whole.
2. In the context of the novel, what function does this section fulfill?
3. Comment on the structure of this chapter.
4. What is important about the Veidt Method?
5. How is this issue's rant connected to the plot of the novel?
6. What concrete facts do we learn from this section of the novel?
7. Describe what is going on in the prison.
8. Comment on the discontinuing of Nostalgia and its replacement with Millennium perfume.
9. What is the political stance of the New Frontiersman?
10. In what ways do Rorschach and Dan/Night Owl act resourcefully in this chapter?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)