|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Laurie's reaction to Jon's information about himself?
(a) She understands and empathises with him.
(b) She can't fully comprehend it.
(c) She doesn't believe it and thinks he's pretentious.
(d) She thinks he will overcome his problems with her help.
2. What significant thing does Jon tell Laurie about himself?
(a) That he doesn't experience love and family the way she does.
(b) That he doesn't experience energy the way she does.
(c) That he doesn't experience space or time the way she does.
(d) That he doesn't understand women.
3. How does the report comment on Rorschach's notebook?
(a) It says the notebook is full of secrets.
(b) It says the notebook is impossible to read because it is covered in inkblots.
(c) It says the notebook will be crucual to the investigation.
(d) It says the notebook is impossible to read, thanks to the cramped and eccentric writing.
4. What does Laurie find interesting at Dan's home?
(a) His impressive collection of hero costumes.
(b) His impressive array of equipment and inventions.
(c) His plasma television with sound surround.
(d) His impressive array of DVDs.
5. Why were Laurie's parents fighting?
(a) Because of her mother's affair with The Comedian.
(b) Because her mother threw a drink at The Comedian.
(c) Because her mother overspent their budget.
(d) Because her mother had an affair with Rorschach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the paper's political stance?
2. What does this chapter add for the reader/responder?
3. What does Sally reveal to the interviewer?
4. What place does this section have in the structure of the graphic novel?
5. What is the password for Veidt's computer system?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the political stance of the New Frontiersman?
2. According to Dan Dreiberg, what do scientists lack?
3. Comment on the discontinuing of Nostalgia and its replacement with Millennium perfume.
4. Describe what is going on in the prison.
5. In the context of the novel, what function does this section fulfill?
6. What is significant about the belongings Laurie takes with her when she goes to Mars with Jon?
7. How is this issue's rant connected to the plot of the novel?
8. What is unusual about Sally's response to interviewer questions about her rape by The Comedian?
9. How is the importance for Dan of his past costumed hero days conveyed to the reader/responder?
10. In what ways do Rorschach and Dan/Night Owl act resourcefully in this chapter?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)