|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dan's flight ship called?
2. What is Laurie doing when Detective Fine arrives?
(a) Cooking dinner.
(b) Taking a nap.
(c) Taking a shower.
(d) Hiding her hero's costume.
3. Why were Laurie's parents fighting?
(a) Because her mother had an affair with Rorschach.
(b) Because her mother overspent their budget.
(c) Because of her mother's affair with The Comedian.
(d) Because her mother threw a drink at The Comedian.
4. What significant item does Laurie take with her when she goes with Jon?
(a) A bottle of the new pefume.
(b) Her cigarettes.
(c) Her hero costume.
(d) A bottle of her mother's perfume.
5. Whose version of events is confirmed through the contents of the scrapbook?
(a) The Comedian's.
(b) Hollis Mason's.
(c) Jon Osterman's.
(d) Captain Metropolis's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is specially significant about these documents?
2. What significant thing does Jon tell Laurie about himself?
3. Who does Dr Long meet near Bernhard's newsstand?
4. What is Laurie's reaction to Jon's information about himself?
5. What it so special about the snowstorm ball?
Short Essay Questions
1. What concrete facts do we learn from this section of the novel?
2. How is this issue's rant connected to the plot of the novel?
3. Comment on the importance of this section to the novel as a whole.
4. What is the political stance of the New Frontiersman?
5. Would you agree that the new world order would be a more truthful one?
6. What is Veidt's plan and what do you think are its chances of success?
7. In the context of the novel, what function does this section fulfill?
8. What is unusual about Sally's response to interviewer questions about her rape by The Comedian?
9. What is the connection between "Blood from the Shoulder of Pallas" and the events in this chapter?
10. In what ways do Rorschach and Dan/Night Owl act resourcefully in this chapter?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)