|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sally reveal to the interviewer?
(a) Her horror of rape.
(b) Her responsibility for The Comedian.
(c) Her belief that she shared responsbility for the rape.
(d) Her love for The Comedian.
2. What can we assume about "The Veidt Method"?
(a) A lot of money is spent on advertising it.
(b) It's a good idea and more people ought to do it.
(c) It's the lifestyle Veidt used to become a costumed hero.
(d) It's the lifestyle of the Nazi punks.
3. Who compiled the scrapbook?
(a) Sally Jupiter.
(b) Walter Kovacs.
(c) Hollis Mason.
4. Detective Fine suspects that Dan . . .
(a) Is in love with Laurie.
(b) Is the man who murdered The Comedian.
(c) Is a costumed hero.
(d) Is a dangerous enemy.
5. Why did Adrian give away the family fortune?
(a) In order to help the poor.
(b) In order to build schools and hospitals.
(c) In order to avoid the charge of a privileged start.
(d) In order to avoid the charge of tax avoidance.
Short Answer Questions
1. The leading article is written by . . . ?
2. What do we learn about Hollis Mason's autobiography?
3. On what day was this paper published?
4. What is Laurie doing when Detective Fine arrives?
5. How does the report comment on Rorschach's notebook?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the inclusion of extracts from Sally Jupiter's scrapbook at this point in the novel.
2. In the context of the novel, what function does this section fulfill?
3. Comment on the importance of this section to the novel as a whole.
4. What is significant about the belongings Laurie takes with her when she goes to Mars with Jon?
5. What new material is provided in this section?
6. According to Dan Dreiberg, what do scientists lack?
7. What is the political stance of the New Frontiersman?
8. In what ways do Rorschach and Dan/Night Owl act resourcefully in this chapter?
9. Why is Detective Fine now convinced that Dan is a costumed hero?
10. What concrete facts do we learn from this section of the novel?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)