|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the paper's political stance?
(a) Ultra right wing.
(b) Ultra left wing.
(c) Neutral, trying to give a balanced view.
2. What important decision does Dan make?
(a) To ask Laurie to marry him.
(b) To rescue Rorschach from prison.
(c) To have Rorschach murdered in prison.
(d) To ask Laurie to rescue Rorschach.
3. Who does Dr Long meet near Bernhard's newsstand?
(a) His wife.
(b) Detective Fine.
(c) The whore.
4. According to the article, what do scientists often fail to appreciate?
(a) The mysteries of time and space.
(b) The mystery and beauty of life.
(c) The mystery and beauty of birds.
(d) The mysterious ways their salaries are paid.
5. What information had this interviewer previously provided?
(a) President Nixon's plans for war.
(b) A story about Laurie's evil twin.
(c) Dr Manhattan's secret life.
(d) A list of people supposedly given cancer by Dr Manhattan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the author of the document presented here?
2. In the Black Freighter, what happens when the marooned man is on the beach near his town?
3. How is the fire inside the hangar caused?
4. What can we assume about "The Veidt Method"?
5. Who was the author of the inter-office memo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the belongings Laurie takes with her when she goes to Mars with Jon?
2. Comment on the discontinuing of Nostalgia and its replacement with Millennium perfume.
3. In what ways do Rorschach and Dan/Night Owl act resourcefully in this chapter?
4. Why is Detective Fine now convinced that Dan is a costumed hero?
5. How is the importance for Dan of his past costumed hero days conveyed to the reader/responder?
6. Describe what is going on in the prison.
7. Explain what is happening in the wider world as Laurie and Dan begin their relationship.
8. How is this issue's rant connected to the plot of the novel?
9. Would you agree that the new world order would be a more truthful one?
10. What new material is provided in this section?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)