|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is specially significant about these documents?
(a) They complete the characterization of Rorshach
(b) They are rich in metaphor and characterization.
(c) They demonstrate the importance of inter-office memos.
(d) They complete the characterization of Dr Long.
2. In the Black Freighter comic, what happens when the sailor abandons his raft?
(a) He doesn't sink, but appears to walk on the sea.
(b) He swims to shore.
(c) He doesn't sink, but grabs onto a piece of wood and floats to shore.
(d) He fights off a shark and swims to shore.
3. What significant thing does Jon tell Laurie about himself?
(a) That he doesn't experience energy the way she does.
(b) That he doesn't experience love and family the way she does.
(c) That he doesn't understand women.
(d) That he doesn't experience space or time the way she does.
4. What is the password for Veidt's computer system?
(b) Amun-Ra ii
(c) Ramses ii
(d) Ramses iii
5. Identify the interviewer's attitude to Veidt.
(a) He is sympathetic but not too trusting.
(b) He is sympathetic and sycophantic.
(c) He is openly hostile.
(d) He is suspicious and cynical.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does the secondary story contain?
2. In the Black Freighter, what happens when the marooned man is on the beach near his town?
3. What is ornithology?
4. What important decision does Dan make?
5. Ih what form are these documents?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the importance for Dan of his past costumed hero days conveyed to the reader/responder?
2. Comment on the discontinuing of Nostalgia and its replacement with Millennium perfume.
3. Explain what is happening in the wider world as Laurie and Dan begin their relationship.
4. Comment on the importance of this chapter for the novel as a whole.
5. What is significant about the belongings Laurie takes with her when she goes to Mars with Jon?
6. What new material is provided in this section?
7. Describe what is going on in the prison.
8. Why is Detective Fine now convinced that Dan is a costumed hero?
9. What concrete facts do we learn from this section of the novel?
10. Would you agree that the new world order would be a more truthful one?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)