|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where can "The Veidt Method" often be seen advertised?
(a) On page 3 of the National Enquirer.
(b) On the back cover of Tales of the Black Freighter.
(c) On the back page of The New Frontiersman.
(d) In America Today.
2. What it so special about the snowstorm ball?
(a) It was a present from her first boyfriend.
(b) Laurie has the feeling it slows time down.
(c) Laurie has a feeling it is a miniature world.
(d) It was a souvenir from a family holiday.
3. What information had this interviewer previously provided?
(a) President Nixon's plans for war.
(b) A story about Laurie's evil twin.
(c) Dr Manhattan's secret life.
(d) A list of people supposedly given cancer by Dr Manhattan.
4. What does Laurie find interesting at Dan's home?
(a) His impressive collection of hero costumes.
(b) His impressive array of equipment and inventions.
(c) His impressive array of DVDs.
(d) His plasma television with sound surround.
5. Who organized and paid for the attack on Adrian Veidt?
(b) Pyramid Laboratories.
(c) Sphenoid Laboratories.
(d) Pyramid Industries.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the fire inside the hangar caused?
2. What disturbing news is broadcast on TV?
3. What is Dan's flight ship called?
4. Who was the author of the document presented here?
5. What motivated the Nazi punks to attack and kill Hollis Mason?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what is happening in the wider world as Laurie and Dan begin their relationship.
2. How is this issue's rant connected to the plot of the novel?
3. What is Veidt's plan and what do you think are its chances of success?
4. What new material is provided in this section?
5. In what ways do Rorschach and Dan/Night Owl act resourcefully in this chapter?
6. How is the importance for Dan of his past costumed hero days conveyed to the reader/responder?
7. Would you agree that the new world order would be a more truthful one?
8. What is the connection between "Blood from the Shoulder of Pallas" and the events in this chapter?
9. What is unusual about Sally's response to interviewer questions about her rape by The Comedian?
10. What concrete facts do we learn from this section of the novel?
This section contains 1,065 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)