|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interviews Adrian Veidt?
(a) Max Shea.
(b) Doug Roth.
(c) Dan Dreiberg.
(d) Doug Shea.
2. What is the sailor's mental state when he joins the pirates?
3. How does the report comment on Rorschach's notebook?
(a) It says the notebook will be crucual to the investigation.
(b) It says the notebook is impossible to read because it is covered in inkblots.
(c) It says the notebook is impossible to read, thanks to the cramped and eccentric writing.
(d) It says the notebook is full of secrets.
4. Who does Dr Long meet near Bernhard's newsstand?
(a) The whore.
(c) His wife.
(d) Detective Fine.
5. Where can "The Veidt Method" often be seen advertised?
(a) On the back page of The New Frontiersman.
(b) On page 3 of the National Enquirer.
(c) On the back cover of Tales of the Black Freighter.
(d) In America Today.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is ornithology?
2. What it so special about the snowstorm ball?
3. Whose version of events is confirmed through the contents of the scrapbook?
4. What information had this interviewer previously provided?
5. Laurie's medical scans reveal . . .
Short Essay Questions
1. Comment on the structure of this chapter.
2. Why is Detective Fine now convinced that Dan is a costumed hero?
3. What is the connection between "Blood from the Shoulder of Pallas" and the events in this chapter?
4. What concrete facts do we learn from this section of the novel?
5. How is this issue's rant connected to the plot of the novel?
6. What is the political stance of the New Frontiersman?
7. Comment on the discontinuing of Nostalgia and its replacement with Millennium perfume.
8. What is significant about the belongings Laurie takes with her when she goes to Mars with Jon?
9. In the context of the novel, what function does this section fulfill?
10. In what ways do Rorschach and Dan/Night Owl act resourcefully in this chapter?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)